Popular on eTradeWire
- New Water Damage Repair & Restoration Service Launched In Youngstown, OH
- Get Doodle Videos - The Best Whiteboard Animation Software - For Only $49 This Black Friday & Cyber Week
- JOC's Peter Tirschwell 2023 Person of the Year by NY/NJ Foreign Freight Forwarders & Brokers Assoc
- David & Sons Timepieces—Luxury Watches, San Diego
- Explore The Work Of Artist M.G. Stout During Miami Art Week At Spectrum & Red Dot Art Fairs
- George Washington U Again Violating Guaranteed Free Speech Rights - Hearing FRIDAY
- IOTAP (Work 365) Announces the Completion of SOC2 Type 2 Certification
- New Airbnb Style Web Service For Athletes & Sports Teams
- TOMii Healing and Wellness Opens New Locations in San Mateo & Millbrae, California
- Now, The Ultimate Gut Course, to "Decolonize"
Similar on eTradeWire
The Mill's Robin Shenfield Describes New Opportunities in VFX for Theatrical/Film Sector That are Driving the Launch of Mill Film
"There is so much content on so many platforms for so many different types of screens, and it is changing the dynamics of all media, including theatrical film," says Shenfield.
As a result, there are new opportunities for Mill Film – which is establishing its first facility in Adelaide, South Australia – to address emerging needs that require new structures, processes and points of presence throughout the world.
More on eTradeWire News
- GreenPointe Announces First Neighborhood and Builders at Wylder
- Global K9 Protection Group Marks Fourth Anniversary of 3PK9 Program
- FSR Steps Up to Help Local Boy Scout Troop
- CLASSFIN Ultimate Guide Inc. Suggests Improving Financial Literacy with Their Mobile App
- Lorien Health Services Named Best Nursing Homes by U.S. News & World Report
The Mill has spent nearly three decades serving the advertising market with cutting edge VFX services. In this market, The Mill has pioneered new innovations and creative applications for these technologies. For instance, The Mill's award-winning Blackbird vehicle uses CG and augmented reality technology to transform the way the automotive industry brings any model, make or year of vehicle to any market in the world, regardless of whether the asset is available.
Similarly, The Mill has been working with Epic – the makers of the Unreal game engine – to integrate virtual- and augmented-reality technology to revolutionize how VFX content is created and harnessed to bring more interactive storytelling experiences to market.
"Two years ago, we became part of Technicolor, a company that has deep roots in the technology world, and which has more than a hundred-year pedigree in the film making industry. As a result, we now have a new opportunity to bring Mill Film's creative and technological talent back to the theatrical market," says Shenfield.
More on eTradeWire News
- Interstate Bank Announces the Retirement of Market President Mike Blasingame
- Letting Agent and Estate Agency Transparency, Trust And The Extra Mile
- Drew Streett and Norm Clay named November Top Realtors
- Worker's Comp Claim Denied? Hire a Colorado Workers' Compensation Attorney to Discuss Your Rights
- The Activities of Daily Living Checklist Can Help You Keep Track of Your Loved Ones' Progress
This is not Mill Film's first endeavor in the feature film business.
"Back in 1997, we created Mill Film, which was co-founded by Ridley Scott and Tony Scott. It was right at the early stage of producing visual effects out of the London market. This was the first VFX business in Europe – really any studio outside of the United States – to win an Academy Award. Mill Film was recognized for its contribution to Ridley Scott's movie, Gladiator in 2000. Mill Film also worked with Warner Bros. on the first two Harry Potter films, as well as with Paramount on Tomb Raider...and with Tony Scott on Enemy of the State," says Shenfield.
To listen to the full podcast interview with The Mill's Robin Shenfield, visit:
- It's Jammy Time, The App That Gets You Jammy Offers
- GameSpark Introduces Innovative Online Course Platform to Make Video Games
- New Venture, Shop Solano, Kicks Off as Holiday Season Starts
- Matthew Brickman Discusses Lifetime Alimony With Actor-Musician Rio Rocket
- Grand Opening of J-Rob's God's Got Me Store
- BYD Attends Zero-emission Ride And Drive Truck Event In Long Beach, Ca
- Series Creator Mel Andre & Host Rylee Josipovich's show Hungry Happy Vegan airs 12.8 on ENSLTV.com
- HD Physical Therapy Offers Tips to Avoid Aches & Pains this Holiday Season
- MusicWorks Launches New Folk, Rock and R&B Series at The Parker in Fort Lauderdale
- Boca Raton Historical Society Welcomes 100+ to WALK OF RECOGNITION Ceremony at The Addison
- Immokalee Fair Housing Alliance receives $10,000 grant from the Collier Community Foundation
- Mission Cloud Services Achieves the AWS Service Delivery Designation for AWS Glue
- ARTS GARAGE Issues Public Statement by Playwright Tyler Ellman on Antisemitism & the Holocaust
- OptiFunder launches Wire Data Check Automation
- NuSmile Dental Now Uses The Intraoral Camera For Accurate Treatments!
- Top Secret Tax Tips For 2023 Not Just For the Rich
- AI-designed structured material creates super-resolution images using a low-resolution display
- An astounding 900+-piece collection on Mars is for sale through the Manhattan Rare Book Company
- REIPrintMail Reveals How To Accumulate Key Data for Real Estate Investors
- How to easily Clean a Diesel Particulate Filter & Keep it Clean Longer – ECO Fuel Systems LLC