Popular on eTradeWire
- Plan Heal Smart Health Assessment Platform Now Available in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace - 537
- Impress from Engagis Now Available in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace - 293
- enCloud9 Partners with ClickDimensions to Launch PowerPack, Revolutionizing Sales and Marketing for SMBs - 267
- Gravic, Inc. is Pleased to Announce the General Availability of HPE NonStop Shadowbase Version 6.801 - 245
- BOWA Gives Girls' Invite track and field competition to be held in Chicago's Pullman neighborhood - 232
- IAM and Universiti Malaya form collaborative relationship/ MOU - 183
- Unlocking the Magic of Miami Beach - 156
- Expert Writer Melanie Green to Host The Freelance Writing Podcast - 130
- The New Way of Selling Your House! - 127
- Local Speaker and Humanitarian Travels to England for Faces of Women of Heart Awards - 120
Similar on eTradeWire
- Stark display honors Israeli hostages at Jewish Federation of Greater Naples
- Black Nonbelievers Presents SeaCon 2024!!!
- Founder Brings Inaugural Event To Braselton Georgia At Legendary Resort and Winery
- Journey to Bethlehem by Joseph Guy - Religion & Spirituality
- #Gospel Debuts Updated Website and New Resources
- Floris United Methodist Church announces first-ever mission trip for people with disabilities
- His Glory Establishes Warrior Groups to Expand & Amplify Global Reach of a Billion Souls for Christ
- Best Selling Author, Apostle Tonya Announces The Upcoming Release Of Her New Book: "Wonder & Glory":
- A Special Thanksgiving Message from David Jeremiah
- White Lake Presbyterian Church Embraces Technology to Extend Worship Beyond Walls
The ICJS Chaplaincy Initiative will provide interreligious education and networking opportunities to those ministering in diverse communities and institutions, including hospitals and hospices, educational campuses, the military, and fire and public safety departments. Currently, there is no organization in Maryland providing these opportunities to a multi-sector community of chaplains. ICJS, with its expertise and experience in convening interreligious networks, is well positioned to fill this gap.
"Most chaplains are interreligious leaders by default, given they regularly provide spiritual care to people from diverse religious backgrounds," said Alisha Tatem, ICJS program director for religious leaders. "Therefore, chaplaincy is an inherently interreligious arena that ICJS can uniquely support."
In preparation for launching the Chaplaincy Initiative, ICJS worked with the Chaplaincy Innovation Lab (CIL) (https://chaplaincyinnovation.org/) at Brandeis University to conduct a survey to map and assess the needs of chaplains in Maryland.
More on eTradeWire News
- PulteGroup's Building Hope Golf Tournament raises $142,472 for Rethreaded
- Jennifer Killilea Joins Retirement and Investment Specialists Johnson Brunetti
- A Symphony of Inclusion: Geneva Worldwide's ASL Interpreters Shine at the 2023 New York State Fair
- The Future of Deposition Summaries: The Synergy of Human Paralegals and AI in the USA Legal System
- Big Village Launches Audience Intelligence Services: Revolutionizing Audience Strategy & Targeting
ICJS and CIL will report on the survey's findings at a March 1 online event, The Ministry of Presence: A portrait of chaplains in Maryland (https://icjs.org/events/ministry-of-presence-a-portrait-of-chaplains-in-maryland/).
The study found that most paid chaplains were concentrated in the healthcare sector, while most volunteer chaplains worked with state and local police. The chaplains surveyed reported that approximately 40 percent of their time is devoted to serving people from religious traditions other than their own. The survey revealed that although chaplains in Maryland have rich resources and support to navigate the field, they still encounter challenges that may hinder chaplaincy work:
- Chaplains already work frequently in interreligious spaces, but those in smaller institutions, with a staff of just one or two, say they need more resources and training. Chaplains at larger organizations, such as hospitals, have colleagues of various faith backgrounds they can turn to and have access to more resources.
- Chaplains working in rural settings often feel more isolated and have less access to educational and support resources.
- Chaplains say they receive the highest-quality support from other chaplains, and welcome the opportunity to connect with others in the field both formally and informally.
- Chaplains expressed the need for continuing professional development in dealing with trauma, interreligious issues and interpersonal skills.
Organizations like ICJS can work at the local level to connect chaplains to available resources and existing chaplain networks, because many chaplains are unaware of existing programs and do not have the time or knowledge to become connected.
More on eTradeWire News
- Florida Foot and Ankle Specialists Shed Light on Top Three Common Foot Conditions
- The Hutchinson Prize Provides Dozens of Scholarships to The Most Impoverished Students in Kenya's Huruma District
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Lee County receives $25,000 grant from Kohl's National Giveback Initiative
- It's A Good Time To Invest In A Hutchinson Island Condo
- Metal Building Manufacturers Association Announces 2024 Board of Directors
In the coming months, the ICJS Chaplaincy Initiative will carry out a number of new programs to meet those needs.
To read the results of the Maryland Chaplain survey, visit www.icjs.org/chaplains. (http://www.icjs.org/chaplains)
- UFOs, Black Triangles, Sasquatch, Haunted House and Ghosts Investigated in Kings Canyon, CA
- #DO7E Creator Dr. Tracey Bond Begins 25-Day #Genius-Quote Parade Countdown to Genius More in 2024
- CENTUM Financial Group Launches Groundbreaking Technology-Agnostic National Deal Desk for Canadian Mortgage Brokers
- Introducing a Trailblazing Anthem: "Passport Bros Anthem"
- My Glo Mushroom Made Lighting is nominated for the Green Product Award 2024
- Tune In to Fox Business for an Interview with Curtis Cloke America's Leading Retirement Income Expert
- Unveiling the Ethnic Variances of Menopause
- Foreign Car Care Auto Repair Shop in Cedarville, Arkansas
- Exceptional Parent Magazine Provides Free Support and Information for Special Needs Families
- Ayahuasca Near Me in Alabama - Spirit of Truth Native American Church
- Avery Burton Foundation, Las Vegas Raiders Foundation Team Up To Tackle Mental Health Issues; ABF Awarded $25,000 Grant
- Executive Coaching at Hewsons Executive Development, Melbourne, Australia
- Dawn Loves Nash Announces Debut Album Release: A Captivating Musical Journey of Love and Healing
- 8000EMR Series of EMI- and RFI-Resistant Liquid Flow Meters
- Greg Lindberg Explores in Latest Book the Science of Quantum Biology and Its Impact on Human Life
- Benchmark International Successfully Facilitated The Transaction BT Mission Data, LLC And Growth
- Cuebiq Soars High as EMEA's 2023 AWS Partner of the Year
- Roger Williams University Named a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense
- Muller Law Firm Explains the Importance of Documentation in Credit and Collection
- A Maui Luxury Real Estate Agent can Help Buy and Sell in Maui