Popular on eTradeWire
- Express Homes coming to family-friendly Lehigh Acres 128
- New Free LatinX Online Course on How Trump is Accelerating Rise of A Minority-Majority USA 121
- Howard Hanna taps Lion & Orb as First Agency of Record
- SheFeeds LLC Launches a Campaign to Produce Their First Nursing Top Design, the Butterfly Feeder
- Calabasas.Crypto Ethereum Blockchain Website For Rent
- REVELNATION Enterprises, Inc. Plans To Launch New Streaming Platform, Honors Dr. Khalilah Ali At Celebrity Event
- MTech Mobility Announces Acquisition, Launches Atlanta Office and Expands Global Footprint to Asia
- Zobe Records Signs Gospel Rapper Ashes
- EclecticIQ continues its global expansion, reaching significant milestones in 2019
- Disability Application Help Launches a New Website to Offer a Free Social Security Disability Online Case Evaluation
Similar on eTradeWire
- Hungry Fathers Spring into Obscurity with Their New Rock Album Ripley
- Luxury Swimwear Brand Hosts Adult-Only Cruise Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Independent Publisher BHC Press Launches New Online Store to Help Support Independent Bookstores; Lends Support to Libraries and the Reading Community
- ICC: Innovate. Coach. Consult. Donates 1,000 Seats to Assist Departing Employees with Job Search Amidst Global COVID-19 Outbreak
- 'Once Upon A Time' Stars Highlight 'Wizard World Virtual Experiences' Online Event April 4
- "A Surgeon's Lessons, Learned and Lost" - How Much Has Medicine Truly Advanced Over the Years?
- Author Judith Keim Releases New Romance Novel - Home at Last
- Publisher Gives E-Books Away to Help Children Fight Boredom During Pandemic
- American Equus and Saddlebox Join Forces for North American Distribution
- New Publishing Company Focused on Funny Books
The future is uncertain, but now that the past can be altered even our present may not be guaranteed
Joseph Howard is a fixer, who can manipulate reality. But when he disobeyed orders and triggered alternative events that caused the war to end early in 1945, he created an outcome that was positive for most, but catastrophic for some. For over a half a century Joe has been wracked with guilt and hiding his abilities. But when he senses a reality approaching, in which his newborn great grandson will have no existence, he fears retribution – but by whom? Estranged from his son, and never having taught his family about their gift, time is running out and he knows he must act.
Peter Buck, Editorial Director at Elsewhen Press says, "Having authored a number of technical papers and books, it was no surprise that CM Angus would bring those talents to the world of fiction. He has had much success with short stories published in various anthologies, so we were delighted when he came to Elsewhen Press with his first novel, especially as it is such a powerful start to what promises to be a thrilling trilogy. As the story unfolds we not only learn more about the main characters, in particular the Howard family, but we perhaps discover some things about ourselves: How would we react if our nearest and dearest were threatened by an unseen enemy that nobody else believes exists? How far would we go to protect them? But even larger questions manifest themselves as we read on; the nature of existence and reality, the illusion of free will, the inevitability of the future and the intractability of the past. Meanwhile, we are caught up in the story: in the fate of Matt, Joe, Tom and especially Ethan; and in the inexorable yet uncertain conclusion. And, when we get there, we have the ineffable pleasure of discovering that there is another twist to be pursued in the next book in the trilogy! Entertainment that makes you think about yourself and your own relationship with reality and time – what more could you want from speculative fiction?"
More on eTradeWire News
- Rebounding From Crisis: NAWBO Houston hosts a conversation with Alice CEO, Carolyn Rodz
- Student Brings Prom Night Back to Life as Virtual Event
- Indianapolis Medical Staff Accomodation
- Auto Insurance | What Is a Deductible?
- NJ Lawyers - Covid-19 Financial Aid Relief for NJ Business Owners
Overstrike is available from today on all popular eBook platforms. The paperback edition will be available from 13th April 2020.
Notes for Editors
About CM Angus
Born and raised in a steel-town in the Northeast of England, CM Angus now lives in Yorkshire with his better half, his children and an awesome dog.
Having struggled with English at school and having never written fiction before, he decided to become a writer while submerged in the bath one Saturday morning in 2014. Since then, he has had stories published in a number of recent anthologies and manages a growing colony of notebooks.
With a background in e-Commerce and technology, he has previously written technical non-fiction and is interested in all things creative, technological and scientific. His work is inquisitive and blends a passion for story telling with a strong scientific grounding.
When not working or writing, he spends his time as a Reiki master, a meditation guide and multi-instrumentalist. With a PhD in esoteric hard sums and a strong interest in Martial Arts, CM Angus jokingly describes himself as a gentleman, a scholar and an acrobat who dreams of, one day, owning some woodland.
About the book
Title: Overstrike – Volume I of the Fixpoint Trilogy
When Matt Howard's grandfather told him he must alter history to protect his newborn son, Matt thought the old man was crazy…
…Then he realised it was true.
Overstrike spans 4 generations of a family haunted by the prospect of an approaching alternate reality where their child has been erased from history.
Touching on themes of retro-causality, ethics and free will, and exploring ideas of cause, effect and retribution, it follows the path of Matt Howard, whose child, Ethan, is at risk, as he, his father and grandfather attempt to use their own abilities to manipulate reality in order to discover and prevent whoever is threatening Ethan.
This is volume I of Fixpoint, a trilogy about a family who discover their inherited ability to manipulate reality. It enables them to effect changes in order to safeguard themselves and all that they hold dear. But even seemingly small changes in a timeline can have unforeseen and far-reaching consequences. Follow the stories of the Howards, on a journey exploring reality, time and our own sense of self.
More on eTradeWire News
- Panel Built Prefabricated Mezzanine Systems Utilizes Vertical Space in Crowded Facilities
- Pipeline Ag Safety Alliance Announces Heightened Efforts to Help Reduce Utility Damage
- 360training Releases Free COVID-19 Awareness Course
- PSXDigital Offers Free Online Courses to All plus Defers Billing of Current Dealer Partners
- Airforwarders Association applauds passage of CARES Act
Fiction / Science Fiction / Time Travel; Fiction / Alternative History; Fiction / Thrillers / Historical
Print edition: ISBN 978-1-911409-60-1, 384pp, Demy; RRP £10 / €13 / US$20 (13 Apr 2020)
Electronic edition: ISBN 978-1-911409-70-0, EPUB / Kindle; RRP £2.99 / €3.49 / US$3.99 (14 Feb 2020)
About Elsewhen Press
Elsewhen Press is an independent publisher of Speculative Fiction. Based in the UK, in the South East of England, Elsewhen Press publishes titles in English, in digital and print editions, adopting a digital-first policy for most titles. Elsewhen Press is an imprint of Alnpete Limited.
Elsewhen Press contact: Al Murray
Information about Elsewhen Press, authors and titles can be obtained online from https://elsewhen.press
Interviews with authors can be arranged through Elsewhen Press, contact Al Murray.
Elsewhen Press titles are available from good retailers, for more details visit our website, as above.
This and other press releases from Elsewhen Press can be obtained as pdf files from our website or can be viewed in our PRLog Pressroom.
- New AUA/CSU Agreement Creates Admissions Pathway for African-American Medical Students
- Connected Women of Influence Announces Immediate Access for all members to Network Online
- Remote Working - Tips and Best Practices
- Pride Kills More Marriages than the Coronavirus
- Kansas Translation and Interpretation Awarded to Global Link Language Services, Inc
- Help Protect Your Office with Commercial Janitorial Services
- OTCWagon Issuing an update on GTX Corp. (GTXO)
- Triton Realty Group LLC Release COVID-19 Multifamily Chicago Impact Report
- In the Face of Crisis: ELEKS Turns Hackathon into Global Collaboration Exercise
- Local independent vehicle broker makes it happen for keyworkers
- SelectTech Awarded Boeing Contract to Develop, Test, and Certify Airborne SATCOM Routers
- Hospitality Workers Database Created to Help COVID-19 Recovery
- Life Sciences Executive Appointed to South Carolina District Export Council
- Generis Donate CARA Platform to Ventilator Manufacturers
- SECURE Notarization Act of 2020 Introduced
- Fund acquiring assets in the hotel, restaurant and multi-family vertical
- Glimmer to Spark: Three Artists Reveal Their Creative Processes
- Improving Retention: 3 Ways to Use a Rewards Culture to Benefit Your Business and Retain Customers
- MICROJIG sponsors Woodcademy TV
- BMA's "Quarantine Island" to benefit Gateway Resilience Fund