Popular on eTradeWire
- New Trend? - Hopkins Joins Loyola and Arizona in Arresting Protestors 5422
- Expired Ford Warranty Alternatives Helping Drivers Find Automotive Peace of Mind 158
- Local quality of life services agency director, Dr. Anthony M. McCrovitz, invited as keynote speaker for Rehabilitation Forum in Saudi Arabia 136
- Less than 2 weeks until SMi's 19th Annual Pain Therapeutics Conference in London 106
- EPIC Crude Oil Pipeline Announces Re-Opening of Second Open Season
- Sprrkle Media acquired Hollywood Silver Screen Network to expand to community building
- Census - Asking About Citizenship May Be Legal, Even Required
- Ivy Ray @iam_ivyray featured on the 2 HOT 4 AIRWAVES Compilation Vol 3 #YouTube and #Spotify
- Special Event Held at Munger's Premier Subaru Job Site
- Digisonics Collaborates with Dr. Charles Mullins on Pediatric Cardiology Reporting Solution
Similar on eTradeWire
- M Squared Builders & Designers Recognized as Home Innovation NGBS Green Partner of Excellence
- Concierge Auctions And Compass To Sell $17.499 Million Palladian-Style Florida Estate Without Reserve
- TrailMark Unveils Two New Lennar Model Homes Highlighting Popular Interior Design Trends
- Stonebridge Homes Launches New Website
- Vosht Capital Closes on Massachusetts Industrial Manufacturing Warehouse
- The Cerebral Palsy Foundation Launches New Universal Homes "Accessibility is Beautiful" Initiative on Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2019
- Keystone Realty USA Offers Armed Forces Real Estate Program; Sponsorship of Vet Real Estate Licenses
- Tenerife Sun Properties director attends real estate 'Espana GRI 2019'
- Meridian Sells 10,000 SF Outpatient Clinic in Castro Valley for $7 Million
- Lennar Will Deliver Approximately 42,000 Diapers to With Love, Oregon on Friday, May 17
Built in 1983 for active, independent seniors who desire a maintenance-free, active lifestyle, The Firs has long been known for providing a service-enriched, aesthetically pleasing environment and high-quality senior living. However, according to Vice President of Development and Renovations, Roger Green, after 35 years in operations the 112,000 square-foot community needed to be updated to stay current with seniors needs, and remain competitive.
"Our renovation efforts focused primarily on modernizing the interior and updating key flex spaces to allow residents to take full advantage of The Firs purposeful and engaging lifestyle," said Green. "In addition, we created a public/private ADA accessible trail head to the renowned Chehalis Western hiking trail with the City of Olympia."
More on eTradeWire News
- Direct Referrals Put Professional Service Firms at Risk
- FairyClean Janitorial is taking the commercial & office cleaning to the next level
- LIGHT WORK by Howard Jackson is published
- On The Run - By Scott Stevens - Officially Released By Sunbury Press!
- Tai Lopez Reviews - Tai Lopez Reveals "How to Get Rich"
MBK Senior Living, the parent company for The Firs, worked exclusively with the Sechrist Design Group to complete the project. By capitalizing on existing exposed wood and integrating lighter, fresher color palates and stainless steel the common rooms have a completely new look. Added elements such as a display kitchen for cooking demonstrations and a senior friendly fitness room are more in keeping with today's residents' interests and needs. Additionally, Integrating lean rails (vs. institutional hand rails) in the corridors, provided functionality without detracting from community aesthetics or making residents feel frail. In keeping with environmentally-conscious residents' desire, energy-efficient LED lighting was added throughout the community. To further facilitate an active and healthy lifestyle inside and out, residents petitioned the City Council to add an important ADA trail connection from the The Firs community to a regional public/private regional multi-use trail.
"We are truly honored to be named one of the 'Best in the West' by the Council on SAGE, as it supports our on-going resolve to exceed expectations and enrich residents' lives" said Green. "Completing this renovation project was just one way in which we are fulfilling that commitment at The Firs."
More on eTradeWire News
- National Sportscaster Fred Wallin to Provide Commentary on TVS Streaming Sports Networks
- Thomas William Furniture Spalted Hall Table
- How to grab deals for last minute hotel reservations
- Science Fiction & Fantasy Author Releases Second Audiobook To Space Opera Series
- Independent Film Movement Celebrates Black Filmmakers and Women of Color At 72nd Festival de Cannes
Named "Best in Senior Living" in 2018 by SeniorAdvisor.com, The Firs is located at the edge of the picturesque Chehalis Western Trail in Olympia, Washington. This independent senior living community offers residents spacious, studio, 1- and 2- bedroom apartment residences and a service-enriched lifestyle that includes fine dining, scheduled transportation, housekeeping and laundry services, on-site salon and barber, as well as access to a variety of social, fitness, cultural and educational opportunities daily. Residents also enjoy the community's close proximity to medical facilities, shopping, restaurants and entertainment venues.
The Firs is one of 33 retirement communities owned or managed by MBK Senior Living ("MSL"). Based in Irvine, CA, MBK Senior Living is a subsidiary of MBK Real Estate LLC which is supported by the vast financial strength and global resources of its parent company, Mitsui & Co., Ltd. For more information, about The Firs or to schedule a visit, call 360-456-3477. For more information about MBK Senior Living, please visit the company's website at mbkseniorliving.com or on Twitter, and Facebook.
- Learning To Lead Hits the Wall Street Journal Best Seller List
- PHCPPros Principals Pass 5-Year Leadership Mark
- Medina, Ohio Municipal Court Live With Benchmark From Pioneer Technology Group
- Film Pioneer, Jessie Maple to Release Memoir, The Maple Crew
- Cinema St. Louis announces winners of sixth Cinema at Citygarden juried competition
- Avow Foundation Hosts IRAs" Estate and Year-End Planning Panel
- Arch Enterprises Precious Metal Refining
- Snell & Wilmer Partner Elizabeth Weldon Achieves Board Certification in Franchise & Distribution Law
- asys Joins RTM Engineering Consultants
- Pace Center for Girls, Lee County announces June 4 Love That Dress! collection event
- Best ISO Certification Co. Ltd receives first FDA recognized Third-Party Accreditation from IAS
- Stonehurst Place Features in Midtown Atlanta's 2019 Open Garden Stroll
- Nationwide Boiler Inc. Donates Record Amount Following Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- Barnfind USA to Demonstrate New Frame at InfoComm 2019
- Road Condition Monitoring to Prove Process Efficiency
- See Clearly on the Roads.Tips to Prevent Windshield Damage
- RTM Engineering Consultants Announces New Acquisition
- DigitalGlue Expands Globecast's Signal Monitoring Capabilities with Support for 92 HEVC Channels
- The Big Bang's "Super Asymmetry" Isn't Just Bazinga
- Partner's Elizabeth Krol Wins 2019 PRISM Award