Popular on eTradeWire
- Plan Heal Smart Health Assessment Platform Now Available in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace - 537
- Impress from Engagis Now Available in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace - 293
- enCloud9 Partners with ClickDimensions to Launch PowerPack, Revolutionizing Sales and Marketing for SMBs - 267
- Gravic, Inc. is Pleased to Announce the General Availability of HPE NonStop Shadowbase Version 6.801 - 245
- BOWA Gives Girls' Invite track and field competition to be held in Chicago's Pullman neighborhood - 232
- IAM and Universiti Malaya form collaborative relationship/ MOU - 183
- Unlocking the Magic of Miami Beach - 156
- Expert Writer Melanie Green to Host The Freelance Writing Podcast - 130
- The New Way of Selling Your House! - 127
- Local Speaker and Humanitarian Travels to England for Faces of Women of Heart Awards - 120
Similar on eTradeWire
- BYD | RIDE Supports Women in Transportation with $5,000 Build Your Dreams Scholarship
- Consolidated Chassis Management Grows Leadership Team to Drive Growth Strategy
- BYD mourns the loss of legendary investor Charlie Munger; expresses deep gratitude for his vision a
- Second Plane Collision at Hobby Airport - A Possible Remedy
- Schedule your windshield glass replacement before the winter rush
- EV Charging Market to grow rapidly until 2030
- USA and India Collaboration Holds Promise of Slashing Global Emissions and Fuel Usage
- Retailers' final Christmas order dates: tell me why we don't like Christmas Mondays!
- L2 Aviation and Klatt Works announce MOU for the revolutionary aircraft Smoke Assured Vision Enhanced Display (SAVED) Safety System
- The Petrova Experience Announces Participation in Penn Station, New York Redesign
Now today, chassis provisioning is evolving into a more interoperable, homogenized, streamlined and cost-effective system.
To understand where the industry is going, we take a closer look at the evolution of container chassis provisioning models through the years and what's ahead.
Chassis Deployment and Ownership Through the Years
In the early days of containerization, particularly outside the United States, motor carriers owned and operated the chassis. They were allowed free access to chassis through interchange agreements.
However, by the early 1990's, ocean carriers looked for a more efficient provisioning model and began contributing their chassis to "pools". Fast forward to 2008 and some say driven by the economic crisis, shipping lines began to divest themselves of their chassis. This opened the door for new provisioning models.
More on eTradeWire News
- American Survivalist Announces Strategic Partnership with ReadyWise
- PulteGroup's Building Hope Golf Tournament raises $142,472 for Rethreaded
- Jennifer Killilea Joins Retirement and Investment Specialists Johnson Brunetti
- A Symphony of Inclusion: Geneva Worldwide's ASL Interpreters Shine at the 2023 New York State Fair
- The Future of Deposition Summaries: The Synergy of Human Paralegals and AI in the USA Legal System
How the Different Chassis Provisioning Models Have Evolved
Chassis pools comprised of chassis contributed by ocean carriers were introduced sporadically and in different forms throughout the 1990s and early 2000s. Sea Land Service was the first to implement a limited scope chassis sharing arrangement within its vessel sharing agreement (VSA) with OOCL and P&O Nedlloyd, which was formed in the 1990s.
In 2004, the Ocean Carrier Equipment Management Association (OCEMA) in conjunction with Virginia International Terminals (VIT) established the Hampton Roads Chassis Pool as the first port-wide gray chassis pool in the U.S.
By 2005, many of the world's largest ocean carriers under OCEMA created Consolidated Chassis Management (CCM) to manage chassis on behalf of the ocean carrier in interoperable chassis pools across regions in the U.S.
The Latest Developments in Chassis Provisioning
Today, public-private partnerships are being formed to create single-provider models that combine the best qualities of existing gray pools and proprietary operating arrangements in order to ensure port users, including US exporters and importers, truckers, rail roads, ocean carriers, and ports, have access to the most resilient, efficient, and environmentally sound chassis across a wide geographic area.
More on eTradeWire News
- Big Village Launches Audience Intelligence Services: Revolutionizing Audience Strategy & Targeting
- Florida Foot and Ankle Specialists Shed Light on Top Three Common Foot Conditions
- The Hutchinson Prize Provides Dozens of Scholarships to The Most Impoverished Students in Kenya's Huruma District
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Lee County receives $25,000 grant from Kohl's National Giveback Initiative
- It's A Good Time To Invest In A Hutchinson Island Condo
With a single provider utility-type pool, the pool manager controls the availability / quantity of chassis as well the overall quality of the chassis. Recent example is the announcement by major South Atlantic ports, OCEMA and CCM to develop the next generation South Atlantic Chassis Pool (informally know as SACP 3.0) of 60,000 units that will debut in October 2023.
While chassis provisioning has evolved significantly since containerization, the trend remains open to a variety of forms, including this homogenized, streamlined, and cost-effective model.
Consolidated Chassis Management
- Master Astrologer Robert Lee Camp a.k.a. Mr. Destiny Shows His Hand on The 'X' Zone
- UFOs, Black Triangles, Sasquatch, Haunted House and Ghosts Investigated in Kings Canyon, CA
- #DO7E Creator Dr. Tracey Bond Begins 25-Day #Genius-Quote Parade Countdown to Genius More in 2024
- CENTUM Financial Group Launches Groundbreaking Technology-Agnostic National Deal Desk for Canadian Mortgage Brokers
- Introducing a Trailblazing Anthem: "Passport Bros Anthem"
- My Glo Mushroom Made Lighting is nominated for the Green Product Award 2024
- Tune In to Fox Business for an Interview with Curtis Cloke America's Leading Retirement Income Expert
- Unveiling the Ethnic Variances of Menopause
- Foreign Car Care Auto Repair Shop in Cedarville, Arkansas
- Exceptional Parent Magazine Provides Free Support and Information for Special Needs Families
- Ayahuasca Near Me in Alabama - Spirit of Truth Native American Church
- Avery Burton Foundation, Las Vegas Raiders Foundation Team Up To Tackle Mental Health Issues; ABF Awarded $25,000 Grant
- Executive Coaching at Hewsons Executive Development, Melbourne, Australia
- Dawn Loves Nash Announces Debut Album Release: A Captivating Musical Journey of Love and Healing
- 8000EMR Series of EMI- and RFI-Resistant Liquid Flow Meters
- Greg Lindberg Explores in Latest Book the Science of Quantum Biology and Its Impact on Human Life
- Benchmark International Successfully Facilitated The Transaction BT Mission Data, LLC And Growth
- Cuebiq Soars High as EMEA's 2023 AWS Partner of the Year
- Roger Williams University Named a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense
- Muller Law Firm Explains the Importance of Documentation in Credit and Collection