Popular on eTradeWire
- Northstar Financial Services Bermuda Liquidated - 241
- San Diego's Chef Oz on Food Network's CHOPPED on October 13 - 233
- Winn Claybaugh and Eric W. Fulbright II on Creating a Culture of Inclusiveness and Anti-Racism - 225
- One Benefit of COVID-19 on Addiction Treatment - 217
- Musical Artist and Founder of Nious Media Launches The Arcade Cabinet Podcast on iHeart Radio - 191
- Rize Announces Enhanced Leadership Roles - 164
- Evil Under The Skin Trailer & Poster Stream To Scream Today - 124
- Northwestern Mutual – Chicago Raises Over $100K for Childhood Cancer Research - 105
- InterMountain Management Announces Partnership with Gemini Hotel Group for Management of the Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, NE
- Former Rentals United COO and VP of Sales Agustin Fiori joins BookingPal
Similar on eTradeWire
- C&M Reveals Travel Industry's Gender Split
- ERN VIP Getaways announces new resale metrics
- Enjoy an Extended Stay in the Florida Keys with KeysCaribbean Vacation Home Rentals' 'Free Nights' Special Offer
- Airlines Caught Lying About COVID Risks
- Financial Solutions Inc. Adds Timeshare Cancellation Services
- "W1SH RIBBON" Emblazons TOKYO SKYTREE'S Tembo Deck! TOKYO SKYTREE is Opening the Door to the Future So That W1SHES Can Come True!
- Melt Those Winter Blue with Aruba's Workation Programme
- Wanderful Releases Anti-Oppression Toolkit for Travel & Culture Creators
- North Bay "Innovates" Tourism with the Driftscape App
- Healthcare entrepreneur announces launch of 'Airbnb for travelling nurses'
Through a selection of journal entries, interviews, short stories and poetry, The Black Explorer Magazine lends a platform to Black travellers whose voices are highly underrepresented in mainstream travel publications and the travel industry as a whole.
The Black Explorer Magazine is on a mission to showcase the world through the eyes and experiences of Black travellers across the diaspora, and in doing so, adding a new lens to the way its readership views the world. The magazine features first-person accounts, interviews, columns and other artistic renderings of travel experiences from established and undiscovered Black travel writers & creators alike.
More on eTradeWire News
- Daniel T. Geherin, Licensing Lawyer in Ann Arbor Advises Clients on How to Choose an Attorney
- DHS' Vice Chairman, Fernando Aguirre, Announces Commitments to Expanded Global Access
- Libman Education Announces Release of New Exam Review for the CCS-P Coding Credential
- If you go down to the woods tonight
- Foxquilt Partners With Smarter Loans to Bring Canadians Smarter Insurance Coverage
The Black Explorer Magazine is the brainchild of travel professional and avid world traveller, Ella Paradis. Born in Togo, West-Africa, she lived in 4 different countries across two continents by the age of 23 and has travelled to over 30 countries, mostly as a solo Black female traveller. As a lover and collector of travel magazines, Ella quickly noticed the lack of faces that looked like her reflected in the pages, bylines or credits of the titles she so loved to peruse. In 2018, after connecting with grassroots Black travel communities in London, the idea to create a publication that would reflect and celebrate the many Black explorers she came across started to take shape.
"The Black Explorer Magazine is a love letter to my people, my amazing and beautiful Black travel tribe," says Ella Paradis, Founder and Chief Editor of the magazine. "I want to show the world that not only do we go too, but our experience is far from being a monolith. As a Black European, my experience going out into the world will have different nuances to that of my African American or mainland African friends, and in those nuances is where a lot of the magic happens."
The publication's goal is to educate its readership on the above-mentioned nuances that come with being a Black traveller, inspire them to follow in the footstep of its intrepid explorers and adventurers and in doing so amplify the voices of those who until now have been relegated mostly to token diversity fluff pieces.
More on eTradeWire News
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Yosemite Pathology Group on Recent Acquisition
- Pathways Adolescent Center CEO named Haller Enterprise Institute 'Entrepreneur of the Year'
- Amida Awarded Option Year Renewal of Navy SBIR
- Halfpricesoft.com has just released ez1095 2020 Software Efile Version To Process ACA Forms
- C&M Reveals Travel Industry's Gender Split
The Black Explorer Magazine features travel writers, creators, illustrators, poets and more across the African diaspora. The magazine is printed locally in London by PUSH Print Ltd, and the production of the first issue was successfully crowdfunded through Kickstarter earlier this summer. (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1478137556/the-black-explorer-magazine)
As a brand, The Black Explorer also believes in giving back and pledges to redistribute 10% of its profits each quarter among organisations and charities whose primary goal is to further the advancement of Black people in the world.
The first issue is available to purchase from The Black Explorer's website with shipments starting from 25 September 2020.
For more info about The Black Explorer Magazine, please visit https://theblackexplorer.com/
- James Miller, Nationally Syndicated Radio Host, Licensed Psychotherapist, Composer and Author, Poised to Debut New TV Show in Early 2021
- Government Marketplace LLC recognized Brian Peterson as 2019 GSA B2B consultant of the year
- Adding a Teen Driver to Your Auto Insurance Policy: What You Need to Know
- dinCloud Rolls Out Secure, Reliable and Efficient WFH Solutions
- SoRichIam Media's TELL THEM! VOD Reveals 4 Divine Maps
- Stephen Dybwad Brings Safe Money Radio To Cincinnati
- Best Price Trailers Earns Sure-Trac State-Wide Award
- Social Development The Montessori Method Way: A Key For Your Child's Overall Growth
- The Freedom Movement is Under Way: Join Your Fellow Americans Fighting Back Against Tyranny
- Has COVID-19 created the perfect situation to sell or buy a business?
- Trilliant to Deploy Next Generation Smart Infrastructure Solutions in the Ivory Coast
- Sexton Advisory Group Shares Four Unexpected Sources of Retirement Income
- ATEN Technology Launches StreamLIVE™ PRO All-in-one Multi-channel AV Mixer
- Stevens Construction Inc. wins best healthcare project for Frantz EyeCare
- JUSTLAW tackles systemic access to justice problem
- Meet the Controversial Artist Making a Difference in Up-State New York
- Tom Parrish Recognized for 20 Years of Leadership and Service to Telgian
- Snell & Wilmer Partner John Delikanakis Named a Trustee of the Columbia County Historical Society
- Cowboy Dips & Chips expands to Airport Lanes in Sanford
- Powerhouse Classical Pianist SHIZ'KA to Premiere PASSAGGIO E IMPULSO December 12