Popular on eTradeWire
- ForgingBlock has implemented Lightning Network and integrated more cryptocurrencies
- Could Carbonated Drinks Really Be Good For You?
- Get Help About Which Vanity Unit You Need To Add in Your Bathroom
- All you need to know about Ozcrystal, the crystal knob online store
- Get Your Kids Ready for their 1st 5K with help from the Rotary Santa Run
- Esteemed Literary Anthology Series Features the Joys of Travel
- New Release: 'God's First Pick', Written by Johnnie Jackson Emphasizes A Woman's Worth & Purpose
- All the Way Up podcast uses storytelling and meditation to uplift the African American community
- Local PODS® Moving & Storage to collect toy donations for those in need
- MRE Services & The Works Co Announced the Planned Merger of Their Business Operations
Similar on eTradeWire
- USDA restriction on states' SNAP administration weakens national safety net
- How much do you know about Oral Cancer?
- GBC aba announces the opening of the only alternative preschool for children with autism in Peoria
- First Choice Neurology BAN2401 Study to Assess New Alzheimer's Treatment
- oneservice AG, announces the appointment of Jonathan Mensch as the new President of oneservice Inc. North America
- Exton Orthodontist Helping Teens and Adults Find Affordable Care
- Cosmetic Dentistry in Reading Helping Patients Smile with Confidence
- Symplast Founder Dr. Kusuma to Present Telehealth Session at the 2019 Florida Plastic Surgery Forum
- Tickets and sponsorships are available for lunch with CNN medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay
- Americanoize, an American Digital Marketing Company
share health education resources in a fun-filled environment as part of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)'s National Recovery Month.
This September marks the 30th year that SAMHSA has sponsored the National Recovery
Month to raise awareness and understanding of mental and substance use disorders, and celebrate those who recover. More than 200 of The Behavioral Wellness Center's staff and participants also plan to attend the Recovery Walk on Saturday, September 21, from 9 to 11 a.m., at the Great Plaza at Penn's Landing.
These events coincide with the unveiling of The Behavioral Wellness Center at Girard's new
name and identity that reflects its vision to be the region's premier provider of a continuum of behavioral health services. "When a person seeking support in transforming his or her life walks through our doors, we see the individual as just that, a person, on a journey, needing support," shares CEO Gerri H. Walker. "Our seasoned, highly credentialed and experienced staff provides unconditional support through programs that speak to our participants regardless of where they are on their journey to recovery," she adds.
More on eTradeWire News
- CULTURE & COCKTAILS Returns with HEY, MADAME PRODUCER Spotlighting Four Local Theatrical Impresari
- How much do you know about Oral Cancer?
- MusicWorks and Old School Square's CLASSIC ALBUMS LIVE Concert Series to Present THE BEATLES: Sgt
- Waterside Productions Announces Joie Goodkin's New Book "You Can Do It!"
- Local Choir Sings in the Holiday Season with Annual Christmas Concert
The Behavioral Wellness Center at Girard is a "community anchor with earnest desire to enhance the quality of people's lives," shares its Board Chairman and Pastor of the Vine Memorial Baptist Church, Rev. Ralph E. Blanks. "It focuses on wholistic quality services in behavioral medicine," he adds. The Center invites its neighbors to take advantage of the free health information and screening services, vocational and job preparedness programs, family fun activities and refreshments at Saturday's Family Day, as they learn more about its critical role in inspiring hope and transforming lives.
The Behavioral Wellness Center at Girard began its life as the Philadelphia Children's Homeopathic Hospital in 1896. Throughout its existence, it's been renamed St. Luke's and Children's Medical Center, Giuffre, and Girard Medical Center. In 1990, the North Philadelphia Health System (NPHS) was formed to operate the merged Girard Medical Center and St. Joseph's Hospital.
When NPHS sold St. Joseph's Hospital in 2016, NPHS solely provided Behavioral Health services through the Girard Medical Center. Now known as The Behavioral Wellness Center at Girard, the Center continues to be at the forefront of innovation in the provision of treatment services for individuals with substance use and mental health challenges, and a willing partner to the City of Philadelphia in serving City residents.
More on eTradeWire News
- The Azores - the world's first certified archipelago
- Local Businesses and Young Professionals Network to Benefit Northeast Florida Nonprofit
- LIGHT THE WAY by TOBE BAER Drops December 12 with Rockwood Music Hall Concert
- Centennial Plumbing offering $650 rebate under new Centennial Furnace Replacement Program
- Procrastination with Kingdom Christmas Lights
About The Behavioral Wellness Center at Girard
The Behavioral Wellness Center at Girard, formerly North Philadelphia Health Systems Girard Medical Center, provides its participants with evidenced-based behavioral health services that inspire hope, encourage change and improve our community. It employs more than 480 seasoned, highly credentialed and experienced staff to oversee its varied programs that speak to its diverse participants, regardless of where they are on their journey to recovery. The Center offers its inpatient and outpatient substance use disorder services and inpatient psychiatric services in a respectful and caring manner that is culturally and spiritually sensitive, and responsive to community needs. Learn more about The Behavioral Wellness Center at Girard by visiting https://bewellctr.org
- Twin Cities Flooring Store Launches Updated Website
- KDG Recognized as a Top 40 Global Company in the Clutch 1000 List
- The Macomb Group Expands Into South Carolina
- Chevy Warranty Alternative Available from autopom! Agents
- Executive Management Firm 98 Ventures Adding 150 Jobs in Greenville County, South Carolina
- In Celebration of The 2019 Kennedy Center Honors, Philip Bailey Hosts Special Master Class & Event
- Sunknowledge Services Inc: Way Toward Streamlined Infusion Billing Services
- Wins from the Road: Improving the Health and Wellness of FF&E Spend
- Cerevo Becomes Afero's First Advanced Tier Integration Partner
- Perle launches IRG5000 Industrial LTE Routers for M2M and IIoT
- How Quitters Can Rebound By Using Montessori Tools
- The Lake Club Draws Nearly 2,000 During 22nd Annual Lakewood Ranch Tour of Homes
- CENTRIA® Concept Series Panels Create Distinct Urban Aura at the Archer Hotel, Napa
- Auto Driveaway acquires a majority interest in Sparkle Mobile LLC
- ASAP Systems' Inventory Management System Offers a Refined User Experience with New Visual Enhancements
- Winterfest coming to Fort Myers Brewing Company Dec. 28
- EndoSoft® Achieves 2015 Edition ONC-Health IT Certification for EndoVault 3.2
- Blanca De La Rosa Releases New Memoir - Pursuing a Better Tomorrow
- Finally! Marketing That Makes Money
- Freedom Spreads in South America