Popular on eTradeWire
- Love 2 The World Celebration Global Tv Mega Event Concert For The 1st Time At Niagara Falls Fr - 637
- Mexico Hosts the First Cancun International Boat Show - 547
- Hoppr Taps Georges Laplanche to Develop Billion Dollar European Programmatic Advertising Market for Network Service Providers - 471
- ILoveInns.com Announces 2021 Top 10 Best Romantic Inns - 448
- Market-Connections Resume Writing Services Celebrates 10 Years in Business - 418
- Patrick Mahomes strikes twice by winning overall 2020 Hickok Belt(R) Award and January 2021 monthly - 416
- Aruba Environmental Credentials Further Strengthened - 402
- Travel Salaries Rise Marginally In 2020 But Recruitment Plummets - 371
- Residence Inn Fort Walton Beach, Florida Opens - 248
- Travelers Haven Achieves Unprecedented Quality and Customer Satisfaction Scores - 248
Similar on eTradeWire
- Registration Opens For The 17th Annual 72 HOUR SHOOTOUT Filmmaking Competition
- UKW MEDIA Big Finish for Black History Month With Special Programming A LOVELY DAY and THELONIOUS MONK IN PALO ALTO PLUS Instagram LIVE Q&As
- Multi #1 International Best-Selling Author Jennifer S. Wilkov Hosts the Sold-Out The Next Bestseller™ Workshop Virtually for Writers
- 2021 Santa Fe Film Festival Awards Announced
- JIG SHOW!? Brown-Skinned Showgirls, One Legged Tappers, and a Lucumi Ritual Dance. Celebrating Black History Month!
- Are Productions Missing the Full Opportunities of Social Media Marketing?
- African American Women In Cinema President Hosts New Show
- Santa Fe Film Festival Goes Virtual with Local Streaming Platform, Giving Back & Supporting Local
- SR Socially Relevant™ Film Festival Official Selection Unveiled
- Waco Family & Faith International Film Festival Announces 2nd Annual Cinematic Award Winners
The Art of Brooklyn Film Festival Names Award-Winning Filmmaker Christie Conochalla 2021 Guest Festival Director
Art of Brooklyn Executive Director Joseph Shahadi said, "I met with filmmakers and programmers from all over America—and the world— this year. There were several great candidates but in the end it was clear that Christie was the perfect choice for 2021. I can't wait to see her vision for this season unfold."
More on eTradeWire News
- ChartSpan Announces Partnership with Kentucky Hospital Association
- Mental Health Advocate Offers Hope to Millions with Book Detailing Trials and Triumphs on His Journey to Leading a Meaningful Life
- ADM Endeavors, Inc. (OTCQB:ADMQ) Announces Sales Increase of 10.9% in 2021
- BI4ALL launches Products Area and Presents BIA Reporting and BIA Document Recognizer
- Taylors Skip Hire Reveals Captain Tom Memorial Skip
Christie is a writer/director/producer in Los Angeles with a passion for creating complex stories about queer women for a mainstream audience. She is an AoBFF alum, with two shorts in the 2020 edition, "August in the City," which she directed and "House of La Reine" which she produced. Her body of work showcases her love for telling widely relatable stories about lesbian characters.
Best known for the multi-award winning " August in the City" and the lesbian rom-com "Once Upon a Zipper," Christie's first feature "Forever Not Maybe" recently earned her Best Director at the North Hollywood Cinefest Film Festival, and has been rated the most-watched film on the LesFlicks streaming platform . Her most recent short "Marry Christmas," also available on LesFlicks, was released on Christmas Day 2020.
Christie's screenplay for her magical realism dramatic feature "Finding Yesterday" placed in competitions including the Black List Writer's Residency, Script Pipeline, and the Golden Script Competition. She also works as an entertainment professional in the television and live event industry and is heavily involved with the Alliance of Women Directors organization.
More on eTradeWire News
- 2017 Black Used Ford Escape for Sale!
- Little Bottle of Magic - Best seller for Menopause relief
- B & G Sports Company In Waterbury Merges With ColorGraphix LLC in Oxford
- Benchmark International Completes the Sale of Restek-UK to an EOT
- Women in Sports and Events (WISE) Expands Leadership Development Offerings with Leading Women Partnership
Of her role curating the films of the 2021 AoBFF, Christie said,
"Having spent almost a decade with various projects in festivals all over the world, it is such a special opportunity to be on this side of the process and entrusted to work with the Art of Brooklyn for the programming of their 2021 festival. Thank you for your trust in me. Ok, enough about me, time to talk about the filmmakers! Let's do this."
The Art of Brooklyn Film festival's mission is to bring the borough's vibrant independent film scene into conversation with their peers around the world. Since 2016, AoBFF has invited a different Guest Festival Director each season, to keep its programming vision fresh and diverse.
- Introducing 'Modern Treatise's' Ethics Column
- Integral Technologies, Inc. Provides Shareholder Update
- Reiser Adopts GL Studio for Level D Qualified Flight Training Simulators
- Terminal Illness Causes Family Secret to Surface in Heartfelt Story of Severed Trust and Forgiveness
- Biobanking Conversations with Irmi Feldman From University of California (Davis)
- LRP's National Institute Virtual Program Focuses on Most Pressing Special Education Topics
- William Michael Cunningham addresses Black Employees at Merck Pharmaceutical Co
- Specialty Chemicals Market Overview, Leading Players and Forecast to 2030
- MastaMind, LLC Releases Ezzy Money Hot New Single "Could You"
- The Bar Association of D.C. Mourns the Loss of Vernon Jordan, Esq
- AdMoER launches Beta testing of contagion-tracking app
- Private Placement Markets & Steve Muehler introduce "PPM No Fee Health Insurance Advisory"
- J&M Sanitation Deploys BYD Electric Refuse Trucks
- Book helping you understand your fur babies that may save their life
- Black Women Who Rock In Art, Culture & Entertainment Take Center Stage for Part Two of the Jackie Robinson Arts & Humanities Lecture Series
- Swimming Safari Swim School partners w/ Hope Floats -swim lessons for underprivileged kids
- Make Sure That Electric Car Does Not Run Out of Juice
- Bakery on Main Gains Real-time Quality Assurance with InfinityQS' Cloud-native Platform, Enact
- The War and Treaty: A new sound you'll want around
- Construction Technology Startup Mosaic Hires Real Estate Veteran as First CFO