Popular on eTradeWire
- Pura Cura Offers a CBD Starter Pack for Customers Looking for Multiple Flavors 216
- Rum Leanez 5 yrs old - Rum San Domingo and Rum Berde 201
- Jason Mitchell Is Named #1 Producing Real Estate Agent In Arizona In 2018 179
- Dr. Paul Norwood peer reviews new scientific article related to the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes 122
- NY Yankee Fans Turn Into Stars At Bronx Bomber Blues 121
- Participating Restaurants Announced Taste of Love 120
- New Book Shows Women How to Have Career Success in Tech Today 106
- William J. Bruce III to Return as Host to Aussie Osbourne Show 101
- Music Industry Month End Report for February 2019
Similar on eTradeWire
- First Edition of eProseed World: Striving for Excellence
- HealthScore Update: 20th Straight Quarter of Improved Health and Performance
- Women of Color Magazine Releases Champions of Diversity Winners
- TheVentureCity brings Google Launchpad to Miami
- Hear Directly from OFAC, Treasury and State at ACI's Flagship Conference on Economic Sanctions (May 2-3 in Washington, DC)
- Management Consulting Failures: How to Educate Customers and Shape New Consultants
- GEM SECURITY SOLUTIONS Launched by Senior Authority in Payment Industry
- CURevl Partners with MeasureOne to Enhance Student Loan Underwriting
- March 13th Roundtable on "Promoting Trust in Financial Services" Open to the Public
- James Tomes, President & CEO of Telgian Holdings, tapped for Arizona Bank & Trust Advisory Board
They attended the Texas Trust Credit Union-sponsored Financial Reality Fair, a day-long learning experience in how to handle their finances once they enter the job market.
Students from Ben Barber Innovation Academy and the Phoenix Academy in the Mansfield school district began their financial journey by being assigned a career and annual salary to use as the basis of their decisions. Students then visited various stations to talk with advisors and make decisions on how they would spend their earnings.
Students "paid" for purchases such as cars, food, and utilities, and learned how to plan for unexpected emergencies such as the need for new car tires or the cost of a sick pet. At the end of their journey, students reviewed and assessed how they finished financially.
One student commented, "You can't always get what you want, you have to budget for what you need. You have to pay your bills on time and build your credit even if that means you don't get everything you want."
More on eTradeWire News
- Revenge Thriller ROBOWOMAN Premieres on April 11, 2019 at Laemmle Glendale
- Most Popular Vacation Style in Mediterranean
- NAWBO Phoenix to present point/counter point program about legislating women on corporate boards
- The Best of the Bay Area: Anti-Aging Specialist, Richard Haxton, Has Changed the Face of Aging
- Acora wins new business software project with OATS Ltd
Nancy Kojder, financial math teacher at the Ben Barber Innovation Academy, said, "These students are getting the opportunity to find out the difference between their needs and their wants. By attending the fair, we hope they can see how real-world math can affect the decisions that they make about how to spend their money."
Texas Trust also hosted a panel where local professionals, including Texas Trust President and CEO Jim Minge and Senior Vice President of Accounting, Peggy Esparza, offered career and financial advice for the students as they prepare to graduate. Students had the chance to ask questions and interact directly with panel members.
Washima Huq, Texas Trust Business and Community Engagement Partner, summed up the objective of the Financial Reality Fair by saying, "Our overall mission is to help build brighter financial futures for these students. This experience gives them a place to start as they begin making important decisions. And, we want them to know we are here for them, now and in the future."
A high resolution image from the Reality Fair is can be downloaded at https://www.texastrustcu.org/news/texas-trust-credit-union-hosts-financial-reality-fair
More on eTradeWire News
- IRS deadline approaching for small, non-profit organizations
- The New Jersey State Children's Chorus (NJSCC) presents "Songs of the Earth"
- Stoopjuice.com Increased Website Traffic By 3,178% In 12 Weeks
- Gulf Coast Village celebrates 30 years of serving seniors in Southwest Florida by expanding services
- YieldBuilder – An Organic Growing Alternative
About Texas Trust Credit Union
Texas Trust Credit Union was created in 1936 when a group of Chance Vought Aircraft Corporation employees pooled their savings so they could help each other achieve financial goals. Today, more than 116,000 members are served through checking and savings accounts; loans (personal, mortgage, auto, and small business); credit cards; insurance products; and investment services. Texas Trust Credit Union supports local students through its "Spirit Debit Rewards" program. With every eligible swipe of an SDR card, funds are donated to the school or district of the member's choosing. To date, Texas Trust has donated more than $1.8 million since August 2011. Texas Trust serves members through 21 locations in Dallas, Denton, Tarrant, Henderson, Ellis, Johnson and Tom Green counties. With assets of more than $1.2 billion, Texas Trust is the 6th largest credit union in North Texas, the 17th largest in Texas, and was ranked the 10th best performing credit union in the country by Standard and Poor's Global Market Intelligence. For more information, visit http://www.TexasTrustCU.org or follow us on facebook.com/texastrustcu or Twitter at @texastrustcu.
Kristine Tanzillo, Dux Public Relations
- Tips For Parents Of Pre School Children To Identify Behavious Traits
- Construction & Design Inc. will serve as 2019 Corporate Sponsor for John Palmer Art
- American Society of Appraisers Appoints Johnnie White as New Chief Executive Officer
- World Mental Health Coalition Interdisciplinary Conference, National Press Club Ballroom - Washington DC Tuesday, 3/19, 12:45pm
- Cloud Wars: Elasticsearch Controversy, VMware Recruits Partners for AWS Push + more
- Announcing Artaria: Artistic Fashion and Classical Music Showcase
- Petite designer registration for UNDER ends soon
- Residence Inn Hotel Opens on Myrtle Beach Oceanfront
- Beto Was a Hacker, But So What
- Mobliciti Wins Innovation Award at LexisNexis Awards
- Orphanion Partners With LGM Pharma To Expand Global Access To Its Niche API Services
- EclecticIQ listed in Gartner Market Guide for Security Threat Intelligence 2019
- Christchurch shooting – What to do in your daily social media & digital marketing activities
- Marlene Todibio Earns Clcs Designation
- SOulFully Textured, A Natural Hair Experience
- Tartan Week Festivities Kickoff on GingerNewYork TV Show in New York City
- Fusing East and West: a new kind of medical practice takes off in Naples, FL
- Bensalem Cleaning and Painting Company
- The Moses Controversy- Another Angle Plus New Revelation
- The Things We Do at Odyssey Theatre