Popular on eTradeWire
- Gulf Coast Village's Jennifer Cason earns Healthcare Hero Award from Volunteers of America - 207
- 8th Annual Texas Black Business Economic Forecast - 2021 - 195
- QLSM is 5 Years of Therapy In Just 3 Hours Science Backed - 174
- Marc Ganzi, CEO of Colony Capital, Announced as a Keynote at The Connected Virtual Tech Event November 16th 2020 - 141
- The Online Box Office Film Festival teams up with 3rd Fathom Films
- Paige Dimakos named CEO of The Draft Network
- Great Kids Books You Never Knew Existed
- Readiness Associates forms strategic partnership with CloudOak
- Casual workers left out to dry by Broxbourne Council during pandemic
- Will Mark Zuckerberg have to change facebook name?
Similar on eTradeWire
- edjuster Selects CoreLogic to Deliver Modern Contents Estimating Solution to Claims Process
- HomeCentris Healthcare Announces New Location Serving Maryland's Eastern Shore
- Jeff Wisuri Brings Safe Money Radio To Minneapolis
- Adam Waskey Brings Safe Money & Income Radio To Baltimore & Wilmington
- Hybrid Long-Term Care Insurance News Generated By Association's Awareness Month Campaign
- DBL Center Brokers Help Businesses Bundle Short Term Disability and MA Paid Family Medical Leave Act Benefits
- Teresa Kuhn JD, RFC, CSA, Honored With Prestigious Invitation
- Hybrid Long-Term Care Insurance Offer Tax Advantages For Business Owners
- Leading Matterport Service Provider, Ocuvault Hires Florida's Leading Digital Marketing Agency, Simply the Best Digital to Boost Online Presence
- Glenn Neasham Retirement planning offices of Glenn A. Neasham Specializing in Fixed Indexed Annuity. Since 1987 Happy clients. Ask Glenn for referrals
In a recent case study, Terra Cover analyzed 1329 reservoirs (built for hydropower or irrigation) in Uruguay. In 2018, which witnessed one of the worst regional droughts in history, total surface area decreased by almost 40% across the country. According to Terra Cover analysis, current 2020 figures also show alarming reductions in surface areas.
As part of its commitment to providing best-in-class capabilities for public understanding of critical freshwater resources, Terra Cover is working towards providing an open source dataset, ReaLSAT, that will provide surface area variations of more than 600000 freshwater bodies around the world, including over 18000 reservoirs, at monthly scale from 1984 to 2015. Freshwater researchers can use the dataset with monthly records to determine long term trends and predict future conditions.
More on eTradeWire News
- A Quick Guide to Applying Matte Eye Shadow
- Iowa Department of Transportation to Sell Surplus Assets on GovDeals.com
- Resident Wellness Director Brings Extensive Nursing Experience to Candle Light Cove
- Burstcoin Joins BPSAA as New Alliance Member
- Blades Direct "bladesdirect reviews" partners up with Grabo
"Terra Cover stands committed to increasing knowledge of freshwater resources and we want ReaLSAT to become central to discussions at every level," said Terra Cover CTO Ankush Khandelwal. "The open source dataset will play an important role in raising public awareness. We expect ReaLSAT to fill information gaps while highlighting the importance of freshwater for a number of industries and markets."
About Terra Cover
Terra Cover combines physics, machine learning, and petabytes of satellite imagery to deliver insights about freshwater resources and shape thinking how humankind interacts with the most important natural resource on the planet. By continually monitoring surface water bodies and river systems, Terra Cover provides unparalleled water intelligence to customers with global or local operations. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Terra Cover Chief Marketing Officer
- Barbara Whitaker Announces the Release of A War Apart
- Blades Direct "Blades Direct Reviews" Announces Black Friday and Holiday Specials
- B&R North America Strengthens Value Provider Program
- Into The Wrong Hands 21st Century Thiller
- Credit-Card Sized X86 Embedded Computer Available in VersaLogic's Turnkey Evaluation Program
- L2 Aviation receives FAA STC approval for Ka-band system installations on Boeing 767 aircraft
- Could Genetic Testing Be Part of Your Next Job Application?
- Philadelphia YMCA Commercial Pool Counts On Patriot Pool Heating To Save Their Pool Heating System
- PAI's Rare Posters Auction Nov. 15 totals $1.3 million; rarities and unique works spark avid bidding
- Valerie's House Elects Five New Board Members
- IFL Player, Joshua Hughes, Continues to be Thankful Through This Pandemic
- CIMdata Releases eBook: "Driving the Change for the Future of Automotive Development"
- West Texas Warbirds Player LaShaun Sanders Has Much to be Thankful For
- BYD Marks Africa Mask Week with Donation of 16 Million Masks to Support the Fight Against COVID-19
- Imagen Golf Announces NEW Gift Card Partnership
- NAL Player, Daveon Howard, Finds Thankfulness Despite Difficult Year for Sports
- Author Wins Two International Book Awards
- Black Diamond Client, Josef Gotsch, Dominates Vegas Doubles Tournament
- DePaul, Niagara, St. John's Expand Esports Engagement With First-Ever Vincentian ESports Cup
- Customer Resources - Used Mazda3 Inventory