Popular on eTradeWire
- Searchaerospace achieves first milestone listing repair capabilities 215
- Anna Faktorovich Announces Candidacy for Mayor of Quanah, Texas 191
- XOV prepares to launch its bank-grade digital payments arm, Slipstream, for cryptocurrency 173
- PacketSled Recognized by SC Media as a Finalist for Best Computer Forensic Solution 161
- Ring Power Corporation Appoints Alban President 146
- Paras Biopharmaceuticals Finland Oy Announces Successful Development of Biologically Active Romiplostim (N-Plate® Biosimilar) Production Technology 102
- The Hype Magazine Signs Exclusive Podcast Agreement With Digital Soapbox Network
- Delta Hotels Saskatoon Downtown Undergoes Transformation and Rebranding
- Foolay DC Releases New Single: Know What It Is
- Mirage 8524 DLZ Bar LE Takes 2019 Innovation Award
Similar on eTradeWire
- Gateway University Pleads Case to State
- Community Invited to Cybersecurity Presentations and Awards Reception
- IAWP Wellness Coach Certification Approved By UK Health Coaches Association
- Imafidon reiterates genius principles while receiving another doctorate degree from Bristol for STEM
- Pacific University (Ore.) Leads Northwest Region in Research Spending Among Private Universities
- Dunkin' to Award $38,000 in College Scholarships to Students in Florida
- Aloma Bowling Centers offer specials, contest for March Mayhem
- Remington College Little Rock Campus offers two new degree programs
- Thiel College students commemorate Black History Month through dance, food and poetry
- Foundation Recognizes Successful Blacks Who Have Overcome Stuttering
"It's been a whirlwind…. Yesterday morning I made it to Oxford and checked into my dormitory at Exeter College. I have so much more exploring to do. The people have been so friendly thus far and I'm thrilled to be here for the next three weeks studying." posted TLab Scholar Victoria Fischer from Bellarmine University in Louisville, Kentucky.
"Day one completed with @ESU_EIA T-Lab and I already have about 6 new teaching strategies ready for next semester. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!" tweeted Marissa Freese, TLab scholar from Naperville Central High School in Chicago, Illinois.
"I finally made it to London!!! I've officially started my three week Teaching Shakespeare through Performance program 💙 This is only day two of the program and I already feel like I've learned so much!!!" tweeted Jennifer Gautier, TLab scholar from Lake Nona High School in Orlando, Florida.
Since 1957, through the ESU's exclusive partnerships, thousands of teachers have continued their education over the summer to acquire new teaching and learning strategies, unique experiences and renewed energy to be shared with their local students upon their return to the classroom in the fall.
At the University of Oxford, 20 scholars will enroll in English Literature; History, Politics, and Society; International Politics or Creative Writing courses through programs at Exeter College or St. Anthony College. ESU scholars are experience life as an Oxford scholar—learning among other graduate-level scholars within an historic academic community from internationally renowned lecturers.
More on eTradeWire News
- Nevada Insurance Enrollment Explains Why Driving With Out-of-State Auto Insurance Is A Bad Idea
- Online Agency Publishes Comprehensive Overview of SEO in 2019
- New Models Grand Open from The Monarch Collection at Mosaic in Fort Collins on March 2 and March 3
- MFI Recovery Center Announces Spring Alumni Event
- Film about Forgotten Space Artist Honored with Best Documentary Award at the 44th Boston Sci-Fi Fest
- Leading Tattoo Removal Clinic in Atlanta Now Uses PRO-NOX
- Southeast Ventura County YMCA Kicks Off Its Annual Support Campaign
At the University of Edinburgh's Scottish Universities International Summer Schools (SUISS) program, scholars enroll in programs such as Text and Context (featuring courses in Modernism, Contemporary or Scottish Literature); Creative Writing; and Theater and Performance. As students at the University of Edinburgh, TLab scholars are able to enjoy residential life within an energetic and eclectic city in the heart of Scotland and enjoy the festivities of Edinburgh's Fringe Festival, the world's largest arts festival spanning more than 25 days.
At Shakespeare's Globe, situated Bankside in London, six TLab scholars have enrolled in the Teaching Shakespeare through Performance course offered exclusively to American educators through the ESU. Teachers not only have the opportunity to perform on the Globe Theatre's stage, dating back to the 1500s, but the three-week intensive course empowers educators with pedagogical tools and methods to bring Shakespeare to life back into their classrooms.
A total of 66 TLab scholars are participating in the program this year: 39 receiving scholarships, 27 independently funded and one TLab Giveaway Contest winner. Twenty three ESU branches participated this year in raising nearly $200,000 in funds to provide TLab scholarships to teachers from their local communities. The ESU branches that participated include Atlanta, Austin, Central Florida, Charlottesville, Cleveland, Denver, Fort Lauderdale, Greenwich, Houston, Indianapolis, Kentucky, Los Angeles, Naples, New Orleans, New York City ad New York State Palm Beach, Princeton, Research Triangle, Richmond, San Francisco, St. Louis and Washington, DC.
"Education is at the core of English in Action's mission. We believe in education's multiplying effect," said Christopher Broadwell, Executive Director. "By providing a single teacher a professional development opportunity, they pass on this new knowledge to hundreds—if not thousands—of students throughout their career."
More on eTradeWire News
- Nationally touring Beatles tribute band comes to Sweetwater Music Hall on April 28
- MC Companies Receives Multiple Nominations At 2019 Arizona Multi-housing Association Tribute Awards
- Lesley Brice, President and Partner of MC Residential LLC., Named As 2019 Chair of Autism Speaks Walk Arizona In Association with S.A.R.R.C
- DynaScan Appoints Joe Hasenzahl as Director of New Advanced Retail Solutions Division
- OutAirOdor units take out molecules that pollute in-home air
- Waveband Communications Inc. attends IWCE
- Annual Music Festival in Chicagoland Honors Legends: The Largest Event of its Kind - April 13, 2019
For additional TLab information, visit https://www.esuus.org.
The English-Speaking Union is a non-profit educational charity that employs the English language to foster global understanding and good will through educational opportunities and cultural exchange programs. Founded in 1920 and headquartered in New York City, the ESU is a national organization with more than 50 branches nationwide and affiliated with a network of more than 60 ESUs around the world.
English in Action educational programs focus on teacher enrichment and immigrant support, international exchange and public speaking. English in Action programs include:
• Andrew Romay New Immigrant Center (ARNIC) improves the lives and integration into American society of recent immigrants through education and cultural programs.
• English in Action Conversations pair English language learners with trained volunteers to improve their English fluency through a one-on-one cultural exchange.
• Luard Morse Scholarships sends students from Historically Black Colleges and Universities to study for a semester at a British university of their choosing.
• Middle School Debate builds research, critical thinking and public speaking skills through debate tournaments.
• National Shakespeare Competition develops high school students' analytical and communication skills through performing Shakespeare at the school, community and national levels.
• Secondary School Exchange sends high school graduates to British boarding schools for a gap year abroad.
• TLab provides teachers and lifelong learners educational enrichment programs at Oxford, the University of Edinburgh and Shakespeare's Globe.
For additional information, please visit www.esuus.org.
Steve Whalen, Marketing Director
212-818-1200, ext. 237 | email@example.com
- MedAware Systems to present new research at the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology
- Smith Planning Group ranked No. 66 on 2019 University of Georgia Bulldog 100 list
- Stemology® Releases Product with Advanced Stem Cell Technology Complex
- Community Invited to Cybersecurity Presentations and Awards Reception
- Dream Finders Homes to Build Townhomes at Beacon Lake
- Q4 2018 | Fort Bend | E Fort Bend Commercial Real Estate Trends
- Monitoring Milk Deliveries with an In Transit Temperature Recorder
- The Best Microfiction Anthology Series
- Pines of Mount Lebanon names LifeStories Director
- Bio Flame Offers 30% Discount On All Fireplaces Through The Month of February!
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty Acquires Terry McCue Real Estate Inc
- "Nation's Fire" Private Red Carpet Cast/Crew Screening March 18, Capitol Theater Clearwater, Fl
- Get 20% OFF Windows & Doors in February!
- Roofing Contractor near Minneapolis Discusses Winter Roof Care
- Do you need a post-accident drug test? It depends
- CSM LeadDog and Promax Bring Game Changers Networking Event to Los Angeles
- The Documentary 'I Learned It From You' Selected to Compete in 2019 Global Indian Film Festival
- Teeth grinding treatment begins with proper diagnosis
- Everyone Wins. How Shayna Pellino, Founder of Shayna Rose Interiors, Turned Negatives Into Positives
- Fabricoil® Reimagined for University of Delaware's Award-Winning iSuite