Popular on eTradeWire News
- Bungalo Records Celebrates BET Awards 2018 with a Salute by Dolla Black 1374
- Rumored Potential Takeover Bid for SenesTech, Inc. (SNES) 326
- How To Rank In Google 3 Pack Service Launched This Week 296
- Safe Harbor Rolls Out National Cannabis Banking Education Program 180
- Digital Marketers India Announced to Offer Best SEO Services to B2B Enterprises 113
- Powerful Prior Authorization With The Prior Auth Online Advantage 103
- Gotelecare is a Pioneer Service Destination for Orthotics Billing
- PriorAuth Online Bridges the Medical Billing Gaps: Free Telemedicine Platform & Total RCM Support
- FiDonce Pro-Am set to re-energize Philly with Some Big Name NBA Players Onboard
- Indian design firm wins international acclaim
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Become a proficient Data Science professional by enrolling in Data Science with R training
- EcoRise to Host Summer Institute for Teacher Ambassadors and District Partners
- Essay Writing Is No More Stressful
- Tips for Great Communications July 17, 2018
- Management Assignment Help Have Been Proved Beneficial For The Students
- Once again Heritage Institute of Technology received the Best Engineering College Award
- Walk Around Turtle Island July issue now on line!
- Deo Gloria LLC Opens In-Home Tutors Tampa
- Get the Best STATA Online Help from Top Tutors at Economicshelpdesk.com
- NEET mandatory to study MBBS from abroad - Bookmyuniversity
"It's been a whirlwind…. Yesterday morning I made it to Oxford and checked into my dormitory at Exeter College. I have so much more exploring to do. The people have been so friendly thus far and I'm thrilled to be here for the next three weeks studying." posted TLab Scholar Victoria Fischer from Bellarmine University in Louisville, Kentucky.
"Day one completed with @ESU_EIA T-Lab and I already have about 6 new teaching strategies ready for next semester. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!" tweeted Marissa Freese, TLab scholar from Naperville Central High School in Chicago, Illinois.
"I finally made it to London!!! I've officially started my three week Teaching Shakespeare through Performance program 💙 This is only day two of the program and I already feel like I've learned so much!!!" tweeted Jennifer Gautier, TLab scholar from Lake Nona High School in Orlando, Florida.
Since 1957, through the ESU's exclusive partnerships, thousands of teachers have continued their education over the summer to acquire new teaching and learning strategies, unique experiences and renewed energy to be shared with their local students upon their return to the classroom in the fall.
At the University of Oxford, 20 scholars will enroll in English Literature; History, Politics, and Society; International Politics or Creative Writing courses through programs at Exeter College or St. Anthony College. ESU scholars are experience life as an Oxford scholar—learning among other graduate-level scholars within an historic academic community from internationally renowned lecturers.
More on eTradeWire News
- Kelley Kronenberg Partner Jeffrey M. Wank Recognized as Daily Business Review On the Rise Honoree
- Drug Addiction Expert Launches 'Currency of Recovery'
- TrenData Posts Record Quarter and Completes $1.5 Million Fund Raise
- ACEC/MA announces Pare Corporation as a 2018 winner of Bronze Engineering Excellence Award
- Verified First Hires Jeffrey Devers as Regional Sales Manager
- Three Professional Comedians to Perform at SalusCare Comedy Night
- Masoba to Provide Responsive Web Design Services
At the University of Edinburgh's Scottish Universities International Summer Schools (SUISS) program, scholars enroll in programs such as Text and Context (featuring courses in Modernism, Contemporary or Scottish Literature); Creative Writing; and Theater and Performance. As students at the University of Edinburgh, TLab scholars are able to enjoy residential life within an energetic and eclectic city in the heart of Scotland and enjoy the festivities of Edinburgh's Fringe Festival, the world's largest arts festival spanning more than 25 days.
At Shakespeare's Globe, situated Bankside in London, six TLab scholars have enrolled in the Teaching Shakespeare through Performance course offered exclusively to American educators through the ESU. Teachers not only have the opportunity to perform on the Globe Theatre's stage, dating back to the 1500s, but the three-week intensive course empowers educators with pedagogical tools and methods to bring Shakespeare to life back into their classrooms.
A total of 66 TLab scholars are participating in the program this year: 39 receiving scholarships, 27 independently funded and one TLab Giveaway Contest winner. Twenty three ESU branches participated this year in raising nearly $200,000 in funds to provide TLab scholarships to teachers from their local communities. The ESU branches that participated include Atlanta, Austin, Central Florida, Charlottesville, Cleveland, Denver, Fort Lauderdale, Greenwich, Houston, Indianapolis, Kentucky, Los Angeles, Naples, New Orleans, New York City ad New York State Palm Beach, Princeton, Research Triangle, Richmond, San Francisco, St. Louis and Washington, DC.
"Education is at the core of English in Action's mission. We believe in education's multiplying effect," said Christopher Broadwell, Executive Director. "By providing a single teacher a professional development opportunity, they pass on this new knowledge to hundreds—if not thousands—of students throughout their career."
More on eTradeWire News
- Corrective Admonition for Restaurant Nose Blowers - At Amazon
- Scandinavian Spaces Introduces Audrey and Citizen Ghost by Minus Tio
- Susan G. Komen® Orange County Welcomes New 2018-19 Board Members
- Summer Adoption Event & Extended Hours at the Montville Animal Shelter
- Rebellion Research Posts Interview with Abigail Davidson
- Most Working Americans Want a Long-Term Care Benefit, But It's Generally Not Offered
- My Personal Peripheral Neuropathy Story - At Amazon
For additional TLab information, visit https://www.esuus.org.
The English-Speaking Union is a non-profit educational charity that employs the English language to foster global understanding and good will through educational opportunities and cultural exchange programs. Founded in 1920 and headquartered in New York City, the ESU is a national organization with more than 50 branches nationwide and affiliated with a network of more than 60 ESUs around the world.
English in Action educational programs focus on teacher enrichment and immigrant support, international exchange and public speaking. English in Action programs include:
• Andrew Romay New Immigrant Center (ARNIC) improves the lives and integration into American society of recent immigrants through education and cultural programs.
• English in Action Conversations pair English language learners with trained volunteers to improve their English fluency through a one-on-one cultural exchange.
• Luard Morse Scholarships sends students from Historically Black Colleges and Universities to study for a semester at a British university of their choosing.
• Middle School Debate builds research, critical thinking and public speaking skills through debate tournaments.
• National Shakespeare Competition develops high school students' analytical and communication skills through performing Shakespeare at the school, community and national levels.
• Secondary School Exchange sends high school graduates to British boarding schools for a gap year abroad.
• TLab provides teachers and lifelong learners educational enrichment programs at Oxford, the University of Edinburgh and Shakespeare's Globe.
For additional information, please visit www.esuus.org.
Steve Whalen, Marketing Director
212-818-1200, ext. 237 | email@example.com
- Digital Future invests in Let's Enhance, an image enhancement SaaS
- AveryHess, Realtors® Introduces "Coming Soon" Feature to Award-Winning averyhess.com Website
- The Fibroid Foundation Celebrates Fibroid Awareness Month With Multiple Events
- Kevin Levi is welcomed as the Newest Member of GD's Responsive Innovation Team
- THINKWARE Launches Its F200 Dash Cam
- Housing Counseling Program Receives City of Charlotte Contract and Other Grants
- Don't let the courts decide how you get to share your children after a divorce!
- Magnetic North Signs Deal with HouseFire Records, Releasing New Single in Tribute to Gord Downie
- TRW Expands Coverage By More Than 60M in VIO
- Lambert Development Announces Clark Townhomes Underway
- Nate Hendley launches book on Ron Moffatt
- Physicians Open First IV Hydration Wellness Clinic In Chicago South Loop
- Direct Federal Credit Union names Norwood High School students as scholarship recipient
- Produce on Wheels rolls out to 800+ homebound neighbors this Saturday
- Ormond Outpost to Host Robert Arrington at their Summer Bash & Yappy Hour July 21
- Something Missing on Your Workplace Wall?
- Catlett Earns the CFP® Certification
- Fablist releases first podcast, Pear Blossom, a new kind of family-friendly audio story
- International Billboard Producers Jonny Blaze & Stadic Team Up to Create Global Music with Caribbea
- Piano School of NYC Announces New Board of Directors President and New Board Members