Popular on eTradeWire
- Mona Clayton, RN Launches Mix & Mentor emPOWER Hour Global Tour at Hotel 50 Bowery 120
- Even Neutral Switzerland Can't Stomach Philip Morris
- Radio Vet Connie Birth returns to The Spin Awards as the Red Carpet host
- Justices Free Up Funding For Trump's Wall
- Variety – The Children's Charity of Wisconsin CEO on Modern Living with kathy ireland®
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Abilene Celebrates Topping Off
- Goldberg Brothers ships new folding barn door hardware
- Armsons teams up with Repton School for new sports facilities
- PC Madness at GWU - Ban Stick Figure Crosswalk "White Man"
- Macy's Caves Over "Fat Shaming," But Maybe It Works
Similar on eTradeWire
- Women's leadership retreat is a passion project for Nevada business owner
- Serene Healing Reiki Studio Celebrates Their 5th Anniversary
- Morven's Fall Programs have Something for Everyone
- Join Us at the Icla da Silva 2019 Hope Gala
- Celebrated Author Richard C. Morais to Keynote Cultural Vistas Awards Gala
- Don Barnhart's Hypnomania Residency Gets Extended
- Bravo's Married To Medicine Reality Star Draws Breast Cancer Survivors to Atlanta's City Hall
- Las Vegas Celebrates Jokesters Comedy Club Day
- The Taste Of Lauderdale Lakes: Food, Music, Arts & Culture Festival Is Excited To Return On Nov.16
- Girl Scouts of Gateway Council Announces 2019 Women of Distinction St. Johns County
Why should Filipinos care? Because the biggest annual Filipino street festival in the world outside of the Philippines is, you guessed it, a FOOD festival called, Taste of Manila.
The original concept was simple: flock to Toronto's "Little Manila", feast on Philippine delicacies and savor authentic Filipino culinary delights. No 5-star Michelin chefs; just homegrown cooking from the participating vendors' Filipino roots.
When Taste of Manila started in 2014 in the Bathurst and Wilson Avenue area, organizers hoped to get 5,000 attendees. Well, 75,000 showed up that year. Two years later, no less than Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau checked out the Filipino summer event whose attendance had already leapfrogged to 350,000. Premier of Ontario Kathleen Wynne and Toronto Mayor John Tory have also graced the event.
More on eTradeWire News
- Dale Dye Selected as Writer of the Year by the Military Writers Society of America (MWSA)
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts to Present Georgia-Based '90s Alternative Rock Band \
- CJV Real Estate Has a New Listing in Wheat Ridge, CO 80214
- WeCutFoam Announces Newly Designed Website Launch
- Pet Products Zone: Highly-Desired Pet Products for Your Four-Legged Friends
This year, Taste of Manila is happening on August 17-18, still in Little Manila in North York in the Greater Toronto Area, home of the largest concentration of Filipinos in Canada. The corner of Bathurst and Wilson is considered to be the epicenter of Toronto's Filipino community, a main watering hole of the vibrant, hard-working Filipinos in Toronto.
But aside from servings of the likes of sisig fries, ukoy or deep-fried shrimp fritters, Pinoy-style pork, chicken and octopus barbeque, and more versions of adobo, pancit, chicharon, lumpia, halo-halo and gulaman that hungry and curious Filipino millennials could handle, Taste of Manila focused on food as the key pillar, but built an ecosystem of festival offerings around it. There are karaokes galore, street wear and gear, Filipino arts, crafts and novelty items, street games, among others, and a two-day program of entertainment, featuring, yes, music and dance.
WORLD-CLASS FILIPINO ENTERTAINMENT
More on eTradeWire News
- TFG Launches new line of co branded secured credit cards
- AESA Expo at Glendale Tech Week 2019
- AESA Conference at Glendale Tech Week 2019: Call for Abstracts!
- MSP GURU and Cyberfish Partner to Serve their Mutual Clients
- Disability Lifestyle Influencer Releases Debut Book Titled "Rolling Through Life With Mommy"
ABS-CBN TFC has been a partner of Taste of Manila and has helped elevate the experience at the event by providing world-class Filipino performers. More details on this to follow soon as the line-up will surely rock modern music lovers in Canada.
ABS-CBN's MOR 101.9 is holding the Regional Finals of its Pinoy Pop Icon contest on August 17, 2019, the first day of Taste of Manila.
The contest is open to all unsigned Filipino singers who are permanent residents of Canada, aged 18 years old and above. The aspiring contestants can prepare a 3-5-minute YouTube video of two songs, one in English, one in Filipino in a cappella. They can email the video link with their full name and telephone number to email@example.com with the subject line, MOR Talent Search 2019.
Deadline for submission is on July 20, 2019.
- A Guide To Used Car Buying In Canada
- YINCAE - New NC 256 Zero Residue Flux
- Class E Camping: The Essential Camping Products You Need for Successful Nights Outdoors
- E&I Cooperative Awards Indoor Air Quality & HVAC Services Contract to Pure Air Control Services
- Regent Revenue Cycle Management Expands Service Infrastructure to Accommodate Next Phase of Growth
- Professional Boxing Event "Battle of the South" Friday, August 23rd at Atlanta Coliseum
- National Opioid Crisis Expert Dr. John Rosa Encourages Education About The Danger of Taking Pills
- ADL Enhances EMR Functionality for PDPM
- Introducing the Fox&Summit® Wi-Fi Pull Cord Sensor for the Connected Home
- Backpack Health and Project Alive Partner to Advance Hunter Syndrome Research
- Brevard County Surges in Growth; Luxury Housing Struggles to Keep Up
- Clutch recognizes L7 Creative as a Top Advertising & Marketing Agency in San Diego
- Generator Emissions Testing to Maintain EPA Standards
- BSC Capital Partners Invests in Largest Chronic Care Management Provider, ChartSpan
- San Antonio Soft Shell Head Gear and Safety Equipment Representative Announces New Website
- Justice Tax, LLC Believes in Giving Back to Our Community
- Justice Tax, LLC Makes Donation to Dreams Come True
- New Spatial Augmented Reality System Enters Toronto Tech Stream
- The Work Truck Show 2020 marks 20th anniversary of North America's largest work truck event
- Comfort Fit Pets releases another new Dog Harness