Popular on eTradeWire News
- The Wrath of Keez! Keez MC is Back @KEEZMC 322
- Line, LLC Secures $44M in Government Contracts in Three Months with Capture2Proposal 132
- ACAD Corp. is now Offering Certificate In Business Acumen From Chartered Management Institute, 121
- BIBO Weekly! Comes To Hot Noize Channel on Roku 121
- Largest Mack Truck Dealership in Nation Aligns with Flying V Group 120
- The 2018 Chicago Wine, Beer, Spirits & Food Tasting Cruise: Boarding Soon! 120
- Gremlins Phase III Program Relies on Acumentrics Power Solutions for Mission Critical Power 112
- Prolific Press has published Elemental by Julia Klatt Singer 106
- Garrett Van Wagoner, Managing Partner at Van Wagoner Ventures to Speak at Impact Forum
- Central Hotels Appoints General Manager at Canal Central Hotel in Business Bay, Dubai
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Done Right Merchandising named to Inc. Magazine's List of America's Fastest Growing Private Companies
- Dispute Resolution Issues with Construction Contracts
- HaArba'a Towers, Tel Aviv, Israel EnduroShield applied to 100,000 m² glass curtain wall
- GlassBuild America features EnduroShield's new X-Line Double-sided fully automated machine
- EnduroShield at Glasstec Germany 2018
- 1020 Builders Is Named To The Fastest Growing Companies List By Inc. Magazine
- Nip Tuck Remodeling Named by REMODELING Magazine to 2018 Big50 Class of America's Top Remodelers
- New Precision Door Service Location Opens In Des Moines, Iowa
- Tarps Now Expands Size and Scope of Canvas Tarps Division Operations
- The importance of slip resistance in food production areas
By Scott Hamele, DBIA President and founder of Construction DesignWorks, LLC and Nationwide Commercial Inspections, LLC
Construction DesignWorks, LLC has built out a number of franchises over the past twenty years and have recognized there is a significant difference between successful franchise construction companies and those that fail. Franchise construction uses the design-bid-build delivery method as opposed to the use of design-build architecture. Success isn't solely based on the construction company's ability to manage the subcontractors, budget and schedule. A successful franchise construction project hinges upon how comprehensive its national franchise construction manual is.
We have built out franchise stores with less than fifteen locations nationwide that have construction manuals that have been well thought out and developed to define exactly what outcome is expected. On the contrary, we have constructed franchise stores with over two hundred locations nationwide that have little to no construction manual, which left hundreds of details vague if not contradictory to each other.
It's not enough to hire a local architect to follow a cookie-cutter floor plan and adapt that plan to the site-specific dimensions and conditions. The national franchise must take the steps to develop and create a construction manual that lays out every small detail of the space. If details are left up to the local architect or general contractors, then each store will have differences in look and operation.
More on eTradeWire News
- Hassle-Free Oracle Documentation with Brand New dbForge Documenter
- Hip hop group Alliance of Fire release debut single 'Get to You'
- Meddco.com - India's Emerging Healthcare Search Engine
- Over 200 business advisors gather in Denver to help small-business owners exit their businesses
- Electronic Component ID Poster Released
- Evolve IP® Named For Sixth Time to the Inc. 500 | 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- Staropramen Beer Legends go Global
Construction Manuals for Franchise Construction Companies Must Include the Following:
• General purpose and intent of type of business and franchise.
• Photographs of existing franchise stores including minor details such as hidden wall conditions.
• Walls - Elevations of every wall detailing all types of wall coverings, lighting, and outlets.
• HVAC- Minimum performance of new and/or existing units, types of ductwork, preferred locations, and elevations.
• Electrical- Full demand calculations including power distribution and light fixture types.
• Plumbing - Fixtures selections with minimum main water supply and pressure requirements.
• Flooring - Type of flooring with supplier information, minimum condition of subfloor as well as protection requirements prior to FFE install.
• Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FFE) – Franchise stores are loaded with FFE that are provided by and often installed by 3rd party subcontractors and suppliers. A full list and descriptions of these items will assist in the success of construction and pre-installation scheduling.
• Responsibility Matrix - A matrix that clearly defines who provides what services will be a lifesaver during the bidding, pre-construction and construction process. Below is an example of the pre-construction and construction phases responsibility matrix.
Franchise construction companies can be successful when working with less than average franchise construction manuals, by asking a lot of questions, visiting existing locations and developing their own manual specific to the franchise. The national franchise and local franchisee will thank you for developing such a manual by offering up more work for you. You will have proven your willingness to fully understand the needs and expectations of the franchise and assisted in their overall success.
More on eTradeWire News
- What Bothers You While Renting Porta Potty? And How to get rid of it?
- Public Safety Teams Endorse Candidate Katrina Foley for Mayor 2018
- Metro Ford of OKC Hosts Ford's Drive 4 Your School
- Four Tomoka Eye Associates Staff Have Earned a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant Certification
- KDG's Small Business IT Support Team Addresses "Foreshadow" Attack
- Astroglia Pharma Launches NeuroClub, An Over-the-Counter Brain Health Brand
- A Poetic Mountain Range | Poetry by Hamdi Meça
Construction DesignWorks uses its hands-on approach and design expertise to create and develop a winning franchise construction team that is specialized for each franchisee. Their complete turnkey solutions align with the unique business needs of various types of real estate and franchises. Construction DesignWorks, LLC. is located at 6657 Woodland Drive in Shawnee, Kansas. If you are looking for a building contractor or for more information about franchise construction and interior design-build, call (913) 745-4727 or visit their website http://constructiondesignworks.net.
View original article on franchise construction companies (http://constructiondesignworks.net/successful-franchise-construction-companies/) here.
- Milestone House has provided safe and stable housing for hundreds of foster children
- Joydip Gupta joins Scienaptic as India Operations Lead
- Chocolak Is Selling And Shipping Chocolates Directly From The Artisans To End Users Across The Globe
- LinenMe launches new colors in Autumn / Winter 2019 Bed and Bath collections
- Aspioneer listed CMARIX as Top Renowned Brand of the year 2018
- P3iD Technologies Incorporates to accelerate growth
- KRATOS and trade.io announce partnership to democratize commodity trading markets
- Latest & Most Effective B2B Email Marketing Techniques of 2018
- Megicbyte Solutions Started Logo Design Services- Avail Now
- When You Choose Reliable Local Microsoft Support Partner
- Sovereign Home Improvements Now Provides Top Quality Workmanship for Less
- Why is my HP Printer not Taking Paper
- Agriya develops efficient on-demand taxi apps for hassle free travel
- Hindu statesman Rajan Zed to speak at Lutheran Church in Nevada
- Sharenumbersystem Is One Of The Most Popular Automated Income Systems - Constant Source Of Cash
- Businesses choose 'Uber' for recycling
- The Knowledge Group Has Scheduled a Live Webcast on An Overview of an M&A Deal
- Julia Barretto and Joshua Garcia give a modern take on a classic story in "Ngayon at Kailanman"
- AMBEROS Launched Exclusive Collection of Round Beads Baby Teething Necklaces and Bracelets
- South Africa's Cyberspace Administrator Celebrates Women