Popular on eTradeWire News
- Punch Tv Studios Gains Nasdaq Position 561
- Black Speculative Arts Movement Teams up with the In-Focus Film Society France at Cannes Film Festival 214
- Feeding A Monster Stage Play Extended Due to Popular Demand, May 5th & 6th at the Hudson Theatre 111
- Mr. Flamboyant Announces New Album By Fulton County 108
- Mantella named Swedish Steel Prize 2018 finalist
- Alexander Cooper releases "Sandow" on Vimeo; headed to Cannes Film Market
- MTB Entertainment Threatens Legal Action Against Jamsphere Rock Radio for Copyright Infringement!
- LQDEX Co-Founder, Yogesh Srihari, to Speak at RestartX Global Blockchain Conference
- SmartBuyGlasses counter sues Maui Jim in US litigation
- PACSHealth® deepens advanced radiation dose reporting tools in DoseMonitor® with new Global Dose Registry™
Similar on eTradeWire News
- 6 MW Kentuck Solar Project Reaches Completion in Virginia
- McCarthy Building Companies Completes 10 MW of Solar Energy in Virginia for Coronal Energy, CVEC
- Durante Rentals Makes the RER 100 List of Top Equipment Rental Companies in the Country
- Foilboard Insulation Systems Announces New Website Launch
- New Legislation Gives ACLAD and AGC a New Voice
- Staker Parson Materials & Construction Makes Top Contractors List
- Sabal Homes Earns 2018 Guildmaster Award for Customer Service
- Colorado Companies Rank High in Customer Satisfaction, Win Pulse of the City News Award
- Construction Software Company Adds New Des Moines Office and Employees
- Precision Door Service Named A "BEST OF THE BEST" Franchise By Entrepreneur Magazine
By Scott Hamele, DBIA President and founder of Construction DesignWorks, LLC and Nationwide Commercial Inspections, LLC
Construction DesignWorks, LLC has built out a number of franchises over the past twenty years and have recognized there is a significant difference between successful franchise construction companies and those that fail. Franchise construction uses the design-bid-build delivery method as opposed to the use of design-build architecture. Success isn't solely based on the construction company's ability to manage the subcontractors, budget and schedule. A successful franchise construction project hinges upon how comprehensive its national franchise construction manual is.
We have built out franchise stores with less than fifteen locations nationwide that have construction manuals that have been well thought out and developed to define exactly what outcome is expected. On the contrary, we have constructed franchise stores with over two hundred locations nationwide that have little to no construction manual, which left hundreds of details vague if not contradictory to each other.
It's not enough to hire a local architect to follow a cookie-cutter floor plan and adapt that plan to the site-specific dimensions and conditions. The national franchise must take the steps to develop and create a construction manual that lays out every small detail of the space. If details are left up to the local architect or general contractors, then each store will have differences in look and operation.
More on eTradeWire News
- United Premier Soccer League Announces IdeaSport's The Institute FC as Florida Expansion Team
- Doctors call for death education in schools
- Connected to India's interview with Dr Vijay Chauthaiwale before PM Modi visit to Singapore
- Unimus 1.7.0 and Network Automation
- Substance Abuse Program in Tacoma Targets Prisoners
- Atlas Group Hires Inspio to Increase Marketing Efforts
- Businesses NOT ALLOWED on Do Not Call Lists & Costing Them Millions
Construction Manuals for Franchise Construction Companies Must Include the Following:
• General purpose and intent of type of business and franchise.
• Photographs of existing franchise stores including minor details such as hidden wall conditions.
• Walls - Elevations of every wall detailing all types of wall coverings, lighting, and outlets.
• HVAC- Minimum performance of new and/or existing units, types of ductwork, preferred locations, and elevations.
• Electrical- Full demand calculations including power distribution and light fixture types.
• Plumbing - Fixtures selections with minimum main water supply and pressure requirements.
• Flooring - Type of flooring with supplier information, minimum condition of subfloor as well as protection requirements prior to FFE install.
• Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FFE) – Franchise stores are loaded with FFE that are provided by and often installed by 3rd party subcontractors and suppliers. A full list and descriptions of these items will assist in the success of construction and pre-installation scheduling.
• Responsibility Matrix - A matrix that clearly defines who provides what services will be a lifesaver during the bidding, pre-construction and construction process. Below is an example of the pre-construction and construction phases responsibility matrix.
Franchise construction companies can be successful when working with less than average franchise construction manuals, by asking a lot of questions, visiting existing locations and developing their own manual specific to the franchise. The national franchise and local franchisee will thank you for developing such a manual by offering up more work for you. You will have proven your willingness to fully understand the needs and expectations of the franchise and assisted in their overall success.
More on eTradeWire News
- Paintings attributed to Frankenthaler, Sargent, Zao Wou-Ki highlight Woodshed's June 7th art auction
- 2018 Denver Parade of Homes Announces First Group of Sponsors
- Interactive Health Technologies Welcomes DailyFitLog.com Subscribers
- West Island Residents To Confront Employees Of Dog-torture Lab
- 25th Annual Oxnard Salsa Festival Seeking Local Talent For Community Stage
- Ozery Bakery To Showcase New Product Innovations At International Dairy Deli Bakery Show
- Brown Family Health Center 23rd Annual Prayer Breakfast featuring Susan L. Taylor
Construction DesignWorks uses its hands-on approach and design expertise to create and develop a winning franchise construction team that is specialized for each franchisee. Their complete turnkey solutions align with the unique business needs of various types of real estate and franchises. Construction DesignWorks, LLC. is located at 6657 Woodland Drive in Shawnee, Kansas. If you are looking for a building contractor or for more information about franchise construction and interior design-build, call (913) 745-4727 or visit their website http://constructiondesignworks.net.
View original article on franchise construction companies (http://constructiondesignworks.net/successful-franchise-construction-companies/) here.
- Brandon S. Mitchell Named New Assistant Director At Durham County Department of Social Services
- Gold Law Firm, LLC., Vaccine Injury Attorneys, file Vaccine Injury Claim for Flu Shot Damage
- The Dave School Partners with True Gamerz, Inc
- Dark Helix Speculative Fiction Free Ezine Launch
- Dr. Cornel West Teams Up with NPR's Domenico Montanaro to Discuss Justice in 2018
- The Estate & Asset Protection Law Firm Founder Victoria Collier Talks Elder Care & Asset Protection
- Sports Tours Int'l Lends Helping Hand to Marathoners In Dublin, Venice, Athens & Shanghai this Fall
- Totally Nutz® Franchisee Achieves Success in Texas
- Social Media Leader launches Online Digital Academy with LinkedIn Coaching Offer
- Digital Marketers India Announced offer One Time SEO Services
- Lapels Dry Cleaning to open at 20222 Champion Forest Drive, Spring, Texas
- City Beat News Announces Spectrum Award Winners for 2018
- 72-hour Extreme Home Makeover!
- Lee Ernst of RE/MAX Action in Lisle, IL Awarded the 2017 Five Star Real Estate Agent Award
- DeepBrain Chain Announced The Commencement of its AIM Stations Pre-Sale
- The Gary Douglas Band Releases New Single "River Road" A Slice of Americana, Available 5/25
- Drama Kids Of Sarasota And Manatee Counties Owner Recognized By Parents Of "Lifetime" Student
- Kelley Kronenberg Partner Jason M. Vanslette Receives AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Second Annual Carlisle Hurst Nationals Host the Men who Literally Made Hurst
- Cacaofiji beans wins Silver at Academy of Chocolate Awards