Popular on eTradeWire
- Express Homes coming to family-friendly Lehigh Acres 128
- Howard Hanna taps Lion & Orb as First Agency of Record
- SheFeeds LLC Launches a Campaign to Produce Their First Nursing Top Design, the Butterfly Feeder
- Calabasas.Crypto Ethereum Blockchain Website For Rent
- REVELNATION Enterprises, Inc. Plans To Launch New Streaming Platform, Honors Dr. Khalilah Ali At Celebrity Event
- MTech Mobility Announces Acquisition, Launches Atlanta Office and Expands Global Footprint to Asia
- Zobe Records Signs Gospel Rapper Ashes
- Disability Application Help Launches a New Website to Offer a Free Social Security Disability Online Case Evaluation
- EclecticIQ continues its global expansion, reaching significant milestones in 2019
- Rugby ATL Season Suspended for 30 Days
Similar on eTradeWire
- Local independent vehicle broker makes it happen for keyworkers
- Don't Miss Out on This 2015 BMW 3 Series 320I!
- Auxiliary power in commercial vehicles made easy with an LPS 2500W
- Brandon Honda promotes Marcos Enrique to Internet Sales Director
- The DISTI Corporation shortlisted for 2020 TU-Automotive Awards
- Ice Industries Secures Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business Certification
- How to Purchase a Car with Bad or No Credit
- DPFTRAC, Diesel Particulate Filter Tracking System, the world's first automated DPF cleaning guide
- Walnut Creek Ford Offers Home Delivery
- autopom! A Leading Provider of Mechanical Breakdown Insurance in California
"We're proud to continue investing in Indiana," said Scott Brand, senior vice president of administration and quality. "We also appreciate the tremendous support these plans have received from the state, Tippecanoe County and the city of Lafayette."
Both projects will be located on the plant's 820-acre campus. The service parts facility will be a stand-alone building while the transmission assembly shop will be an addition to the plant. Construction is expected to begin this summer.
SIA is Subaru's only manufacturing facility outside of Asia. More than 6,000 associates build the Ascent, Impreza, Legacy and Outback models for North America. Since beginning production in 1989, the plant has increased its annual production of vehicles from 67,000 to a projected 410,000 in 2020.
More on eTradeWire News
- Slain Nevada sergeant to be honored with commemorative apparel fundraiser
- Revolutionary breathing device offers solution to COVID-19 pandemic
- San Antonio Garage Doors 4 Less Inc Is Now Offering Free Estimates To The Customers
- Spelling Help for Emerging Readers
- Free Virtual Tutoring for Children of Health Care Workers
"Our production levels have tripled over the past 10 years," said Brand. "These new projects are exciting growth opportunities to help us meet increasing customer demand."
Subaru has had 11 consecutive years of sales increases in the U.S., its largest market, and is projecting another record year in 2020. Approximately 50% of all Subaru's sold in North America are built in Indiana.
The new investments are among several that have been made since the plant originally opened. More recently, the company invested $140 million to support production of the three-row, crossover Subaru Ascent.
In December, SIA opened a $4.2 million Technical Training Center on its campus. The facility, which includes a simulated factory floor, provides associates with the skills needed for lifelong careers in advanced manufacturing. Additionally, a rooftop solar array provides more than half the power needed to operate the facility, while also helping cut its carbon emissions by 47%.
About Subaru of Indiana Automotive
Subaru of Indiana Automotive (SIA), a subsidiary of Subaru Corp., is the home of North American production for the Ascent, Impreza, Legacy and Outback. SIA employs more than 6,000 associates who are committed to quality, safety and environmental stewardship. For more information, visit subaru-sia.com.
- Local Gyms Host Online Fitness Challenge to Support Local Businesses
- Missing Your Personal Trainer? New Fitness Radio App Gives Motivation to the WFH Crowd
- Somatic Spiritual Counseling: New Psychotherapy Practice in Boulder, CO + Online
- Rebounding From Crisis: NAWBO Houston hosts a conversation with Alice CEO, Carolyn Rodz
- Student Brings Prom Night Back to Life as Virtual Event
- Indianapolis Medical Staff Accomodation
- Auto Insurance | What Is a Deductible?
- NJ Lawyers - Covid-19 Financial Aid Relief for NJ Business Owners
- Panel Built Prefabricated Mezzanine Systems Utilizes Vertical Space in Crowded Facilities
- Pipeline Ag Safety Alliance Announces Heightened Efforts to Help Reduce Utility Damage
- 360training Releases Free COVID-19 Awareness Course
- PSXDigital Offers Free Online Courses to All plus Defers Billing of Current Dealer Partners
- Airforwarders Association applauds passage of CARES Act
- Leading Personal Property Appraisal Organizations to Discuss COVID-19 Concerns in Free 4/2 Webinar
- Leading Real Estate Appraisal Organizations to Discuss COVID-19 in Free 4/2 Webinar
- Anchor Blinds Awarded Best of Houzz 2020 for Customer Service
- Process Technology - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Business Update
- Party Entertainers Offer Free Virtual Shows For Kids Stuck At Home Due To COVID_19
- PartsBadger is Doing Their Parts, Six Feet Apart
- NVL Director Named "Top Woman to Watch"