Popular on eTradeWire
- Anton R. Williams, Head of Global Missions Org, Expands Global Humanitarian and Mission Operations - 154
- Anton R. Williams, West MI Business Owner and Philanthropist, Contributes From Distinct History - 152
- Miami Dade College with Khawam Presents Crossing Borders Artists from the Middle East & the Americas - 107
- Widowed South Yorkshire Author Ric Hart releases 5th & final bereavement book for his son Hugo afte - 102
- Criminal Investigation of Trump Halted
- Practical Nursing Program at Carrington College Receives Approval from New Mexico Board of Nursing
- Green Office Partner ranked #23 on Crain's Top 100 Best Places to Work in Chicago!
- Equinox To The Rescue-How To Get Your Life Back In Balance Now
- SJVC Announces New Online Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Management
- RARE FRUIT COUNCIL INT'L to Host Tropical Fruit Tree & Edible Plant Sale Next Month in WPB
Similar on eTradeWire
- XPeng Chairman increases holdings
- autopom! Offering Vehicle Protection Plans to Replace Expired Ford F150 Extended Warranties
- All-in-one power solution optimises hydraulic services for Hansa-Flex in the field
- Step One Automotive Group Ambassador Lands Podium Finish in Sports Car Debut at Spa
- Available At Our Dealership: This Used Black 2017 Audi Q3!
- The 8th Annual Cobble Beach Concours D'elegance Presented By Porsche After Glow
- Porsche IPO to be completed by the end of the 4th Quarter 2022
- Philip DeBerard IV Awarded Best Personal Injury Attorney on the Treasure Coast of Florida
- 2018 Jeep Cherokee on SALE in Toronto, ON!
- SiliconExpert Brings Unique Products for Supply Chain Management with New Insights into Open Market
"Reaching our 35th anniversary and 5 million Subaru vehicles in the same year provides a great opportunity to reflect on how far we've come," said Scott Brand, SIA executive vice president. "I'm especially proud of our associates and the way they continuously meet our customers' expectations for safe, quality vehicles."
SIA is Subaru's only manufacturing facility outside of Japan and currently makes the Ascent, Impreza, Legacy and Outback models. It produces about half of all Subaru vehicles sold in North America.
At the time of its incorporation in Indiana on March 17, 1987, the Lafayette plant was a joint venture between Subaru and Isuzu. When production began on Sept. 11, 1989, the Subaru Legacy and Isuzu Pickup were both built at the plant.
More on eTradeWire News
- Maxwell "The Night Tour" Featuring Fantasia and Joe Becomes Hurricane Ian Relief Concert in Jacksonville on Sunday, Oct. 2
- Ignite! Conference kicks off its first Annual Conference
- "Third Thursdays" harmolodic jazz series cont. w/Dave Bryant plus Raghuram, Garzone, Rivard & Leake
- NadaMoo! Launches New Bite-Sized Treats
- What Do I Do if My Logger Says "Self-Test Failed?"
In the years that followed, the factory continued to produce Subaru models in addition to other vehicles, including the Isuzu Rodeo, Honda Passport and Toyota Camry. However, the plant has exclusively produced Subaru vehicles since June 2016.
"Our associates should take tremendous pride in this achievement," said Brand. "Along with the entire auto industry, the SIA team has persevered through more than two years of supply chain issues and production disruptions while maintaining a focus on quality."
Production of the all-new 2023 Legacy and the all-new 2023 Outback is scheduled to begin this week. SIA currently expects to produce its 7 millionth overall vehicle in December.
About Subaru of Indiana Automotive
Subaru of Indiana Automotive (SIA), part of the Subaru family of companies, is home of North American production for the Ascent, Impreza, Legacy and Outback. SIA employs more than 6,000 associates who are committed to quality, safety and environmental stewardship. For more information, visit subaru-sia.com.
- Anthology Woods Launches New Nordic Collection of Light & Bright Wood Cladding & Flooring
- Implants4All Are Now Using Digital Smile Design For Dental Implant Procedures!
- Saelig ABI BoardMaster PCB Test Solution Speeds Wind Turbine Repairs
- Hilliker Corp. Brokers Buy/Sell 17970 Edison Ave
- Christmas is Merrier with ShopEnglish. Find out Why
- SVSF plans grand opening for new Detroit headquarters
- SC Life Sciences Organization Refreshes Brand, Launches New Website
- Logos Communications Receives 2 Clarion Awards
- CDI Global Guides Successful Divestment of Class Creator to Sentral
- Floodproofing.com and Walz & Krenzer Agreement Brings Together Two Industry Leaders
- ITS Ice Builders Assist Dairy, Food Processors and Other Industrial Applications to Maintain Consistently Cool Refrigerant Temperatures
- Smaller, Faster, Safer, and Easier Rectangular Connector
- All-Inclusive Braces & Invisalign Offered in Harrisburg, PA
- Children and families are given the opportunity to engage with the arts
- Southampton Dentist Offers Affordable Cosmetic Dentistry, Including Dental Implants
- UpStart Commerce welcomes James Urbati as Chief Strategy Officer
- The Dog Gurus to Present at the Pet Boarding and Daycare Expo in Pennsylvania
- 9th Annual Demand Response & Distributed Energy Resources Forum Coming to San Diego
- Colonial Courtyard at Bedford opens new Memory Care Unit
- Top Benefits of Home Security!