Popular on eTradeWire
- Realistic Salary Expectations for Teaching English Overseas 800
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 547
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 165
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels 112
- Bedfont adds 2 new respiratory specialists to its NObreath® Medical Advisory Board
- Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center Implements Digisonics Solution for OB Ultrasound
- Tourico Vacations Reviews Getaway
- We now stock HP Pavilion 15-CK Laptop Parts
- Introducing Noy Marom, "Follow Your Bliss"
- Author Judith Keim Releases New Women's Fiction, Romance Novel – Change Of Heart
Similar on eTradeWire
- Enjoy 'Book Now, Pay Later' Offer from KeysCaribbean Vacation Home Rentals for Your Next Vacation in the Florida Keys
- Lola.com Is G2's Highest-Rated Travel Management Platform
- Winds of Spirit Breezes to a Gold Medal in the Prestigious Nautilus Book Award
- Family Experiences at Holiday Inn Vana Nava Hua Hin
- Flight ticket cancellation policy and steps for Delta Airlines
- How to cancel Spirit Airlines flight
- battlefield pilgrims drive demand for new Mat McLachlan WW2 History Cruise to Papua New Guinea
- Celebrate the 4th of July party at the Bahamas resort: Book 6-nights vacation and get the 7th night absolutely free
- How Electric Scooters Took Over Austin
- TravelCar Announces Summer Parking Incentive Program for US and Canada Travel Agents
• Strong start to 2019 for salaries with monthly and annual increases
• South of UK sees biggest wage jump
Huge jump in candidates and vacancies
After December's seasonal lull, travel recruitment activity soared in January with a huge 157 per cent jump in new travel job vacancies, according to the latest Travel Salary Index from C&M Travel Recruitment and C&M Executive Recruitment which surveyed all new vacancies registered with the companies during the month.
There was also a massive 131 per cent rise in new candidates – the largest monthly increase in five years – and, in a further sign of strength for the travel recruitment market, more candidates were placed in new roles in January than in any month since November 2017
Salaries rise in January
With a figure of £27,555, it was a strong start to the year for travel recruitment with salaries rising by 1.45 per cent from December. It means that the average new job in travel came with a wage that was 3.67 per cent higher than in January 2018, while the 12 month rolling average showed that travel salaries have increased by 4.51 per cent over the course of the past year.
More on eTradeWire News
- Doggy Delight Beds: Premium Dog Supplies and Accessories for Happy Pups!
- Else Nutrition, Plant-Based Food Startup, Receives Huge Welcome on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Luna Energy Partner's Multi-Warehouse Lighting Retrofit Project
- Your Fishing Fun: Discover Essential Fishing Gear for Memorable Fishing Adventures
- SunTech Drive Announces Nomination for Colorado Companies to Watch Award
Salaries for standard travel jobs (those paying up to £40,000) fell by 2.24 per cent from December to stand at £25,265, but this was up 3.26 per cent compared to the first month of 2018. More encouraging was the rolling 12 month average which showed a 7.84 per cent rise since January 2018.
Around the country, salaries rose by 1.99 per cent in the south to stand at £27,980, but there was a 1.16 per cent monthly dip in the north as wages fell to £25,159.
Speaking about the stats, Barbara Kolosinska, Director at C&M Travel Recruitment (http://www.candm.co.uk/) and C&M Executive Recruitment, said: "It's been a strong start to the year with salaries, vacancies and candidate numbers all rising, but what's even better is that more placements were made in January than in any month in 2018.
"February is looking like it will be another very busy and positive month, and while there are significant question marks surrounding the continued uncertainty of Brexit, the early signs indicate that many travel companies are stepping up their recruitment plans in 2019 and are looking to hire the best candidates in the market."
More on eTradeWire News
- Owens & Brigham Teams with Luna Energy Partners for Massive Energy Savings
- Lipman Family Farms hosts 8th annual Backpack Giveaway
- Mike's Campout: Products to Prepare for Your Next Adventure
- Top Doctor- Dr. Sasha Haberle of Metrolina Dermatology
- Vic Datta is Recognized as an NACD Governance Fellow
All figures are drawn from the salaries of the month's new vacancies advertised with C&M Travel Recruitment and C&M Executive Recruitment.
C&M Travel Recruitment was established in 1998 and is the largest and most successful specialist travel recruitment company in the UK.
For further information please contact: Owen Mckeon (Content Manager - 0161 238 4497 / email@example.com) or Barbara Kolosinska (Director - 07507 602 069 / firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Pavese Law Firm partners recognized as Florida Trend's 2019 Legal Elite
- Trucker Huss Director Freeman Levinrad Named President of NIPA San Francisco Chapter
- Adjustable High-Speed Acquisition for Test and Simulation
- bisco Announces Authorization for Advanced Thermal Solutions
- Reggae Report Publisher Releases "Reggae Trilogy Vol. 1: 200+ 80s & 90s Artist Headshots"
- Omnichain Recognized on Supply & Demand Chain Executive's Top 100 Supply Chain Projects List
- LARC Aiming for Ability Clay Shooting Tournament Raises $14,000
- Las Vegas Latino Bar Association Plans ¡Andale! 5K to Help Equalize Law School Admissions
- Holli Bryant Joins RE/MAX Alliance Group
- Evolve IP Revolutionizes DaaS Delivery with High Security, Flexibility and User Experience
- OTCWagon Initiates Coverage on Hawkeye Gold and Diamond, Inc. (V:HAWK)
- Rosario Central USA Earns Promotion to UPSL Division I Florida Central Division
- Home Renovation and Improvement
- The Dieringer Research Group Named One of Wisconsin's Fastest Growing Firms
- Cookie & Milk: A Scientifically Stunt-tastic Sisterhood
- Orange Effect Foundation Expands with Addition of New Board Members
- The Las Vegas Latino Bar Association fundraises to equalize law school
- Long Island School of Rock Students to Perform at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland on Tuesday
- The Buzzards of the Buttery Inn
- Who is Cyril Grayson? An Intimate Look Inside the Life of Saints New Wide Receiver