Popular on eTradeWire
- Ready to Rock the new single Streams over 5 Million on SoundCloud! 133
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi looks refreshed 112
- 20Lighter Announces Issuance Of First US Patent For Visceral Fat Reduction 104
- Veronica Waldman, A Principal At DWGI, Ratifies Distinguished Ethical Jewelry Pledge
- Emmy-Nominated Hairstylist Jerilynn Stephens Shares 5 "F" Words on Winn Claybaugh's MASTERS Podcast
- Vikki Jones Started a Company Amidst 2008 Economic Crisis, Advises Some COVID19 Employment Victims To Do The Same
- Strat-O-Matic: Dallas, Toronto, Boston Close Out NBA Series With Game Seven Wins
- Veronica Waldman, A Principal At Diamond Wholesale Group, Inc., Implements Cash Referral Program
- PRISM Wealth Management Recruiting Launches The Financial Advisor 100
- Veronica Waldman, A Principal At DWGI, Embraces The Lessons Of "Blood Diamond" & The "KPC"
Similar on eTradeWire
- Real Estate Loans Are Closing During Global Pandemic. Just Ask Rickey Biddle of Philadelphia
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
- Space Cadet Launches A Flower Sniffer's Book Of Paper Craft to Ward off Boredom Better Than Binging TV
- "The Adventures of Mr Shakolokobangoshay" by Justus E. Amadiegwu is published
- Babirad's Companion Journal Helps Readers Cope Through Words
- Blue Forest Farm Co-Founder Publishes Children Book All About Hemp
- A gritty, bold series featuring angels, past lives and reincarnation: SON OF SECRETS by NJ Simmonds
- Author Matthew Neill Davis Relaunches "The Art of Preventing Stupid", 99¢ on Amazon Kindle - One week only
- Anna Prakash-Ashton and Elaina Ashton Announce the Release of Have you seen a self-driving car?
- Holistic Nutrition Book by Deborah Kesten, MPH, Wins International Book Award
"Strange Bedfellows: Fun with Etymology" is a book for adults. It is also a humorous follow-up to the author's previous book – aimed at all ages – "Silly Animal Rhymes and Stories A to Z." This new book follows the further adventures of Dr. Duck, Fred, and other characters from the previous book.
Here are a few of the book's surprisingly related fun puns:
Surly senile senators, latent lethargy, environment veers, wistful win wish, and zero gusto.
Etymologically related words can be used to construct amusing or amazing pairs, phrases, and whole sentences. This book's pairings are accompanied by silly or satirical comments, tall tales, poems, fake news and fake ads, featuring the charming illustrations of Kalpart. An appendix provides other pairs of surprisingly related words.
"Strange Bedfellows is a wonderfully wondrous book that shows etymology at its cleverest. Author Anil is a wordplay genius. This is an enchanting, unique, and hilarious book." – Dave Morice, prominent Iowa poet and wordplay expert
More on eTradeWire News
- Hemoglobin Removal Products Show A Diverse Range of Uses - From Proteomics to Viral Antibodies
- Kentucky Homebuyers Bid Up Prices as Sellers Hold Back
- Crescent City Auction Gallery will hold an online-only Summer Estates Catalog Auction, June 13 & 14
- 7 Last Words T-shirt to support Equal Justice Initiative
- Midwestern Farmers reap benefits of solar power for grain storage systems-Jeremy Lipinski
"If you like plays on words, this is the book for you. Etymologically speaking, Strange Bedfellows is a very funny book, cleverly using words that are historically connected. We are proud to announce its release." – Robert Fletcher, CEO, Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Agency
About the Author: Born in Kentucky, Anil is a retired biologist in Perth and a dual citizen of Australia. He is the author of the double award-winning children's (and all ages!) book, Silly Animal Rhymes and Stories A to Z, and a book of puns and other humorous word play, How to Double the Meaning of Life. A sequel to Strange Bedfellows is near completion.
Strange Bedfellows: Fun with Etymology (ISBN: 978-1-951530-02-0) is now available for $9.95 and can be ordered through the publisher's website:
www.sbprabooks.com/Anil or at your favorite book seller.
WHOLESALERS: This book is distributed by Ingram Books and other wholesale distributors. Contact your representative with the ISBN for purchase. Wholesale purchase for retailers, universities, libraries, and other organizations is also available through the publisher; please email email@example.com.
- Icarus Moth Returns With Wit Blu on Catchy New Single "Perfect Outfit"
- Enfield Connecticut Republicans Unanimously Endorse Turner for State Representative
- Should You Add Gap Insurance to Your Auto Insurance Policy?
- Las Vegas Orthodontist Launches Community-Wide Free Braces Giveaway
- Local Social Movement Recognized for Impact on Health Policies that Save Lives
- STARK Industries, LLC Awarded NASA JPL - VITAL Ventilator Manufacturing License to Combat the Global COVID-19 Crisis
- New Book: Capitalism Doesn't Fail
- New townhomes available now at Heritage at Highland Park
- Black 2015 Honda Civic for Sale
- Americans Face Problems Paying Medical Bills Despite Health Insurance
- Stumpy's Hatchet House of Irving / Las Colinas to Reopen Amid COVID-19
- Intern Pursuit Game Approved By Steam
- Marc Cote Receives FocalPoint Business Coaching's 2019 Area Representative of the Year Award
- Heritage at Pennington sees Phase 2 success
- Traditions at Chesterfield's best-selling Alexandria home design is now available for a quick move
- New Online Course Available for Do-it-Yourself Divorces
- Scientology Info Center Hosts Stay Well Concert Watch Party
- A New Jersey Based Entertainment Group Embraces the Virtual Bar/Bat Mitzvah
- Real Estate Agent in Montebello, CA 90640
- Joyhorror Entertainment signs Martial Artist, Paul Mormando