Popular on eTradeWire
- Several UK Mortgage businesses have now successfully franchised their operations 438
- Bedfont adds 2 new respiratory specialists to its NObreath® Medical Advisory Board 122
- Academia.edu Picks Marshall Barnes Paper, 'Killing Closed Time-Like Curves', for Special Promotion 119
- South Coast Improvement, Co. wins renovation project at Sunrise Senior Living
- Reality TV Star's Husband, Dallas Fire Department and Operation Kindness Save Kitten
- MC Companies Clears The Air On New Smoking Policies
- Compassionate In-Home Care, Inc. Earns 2018 Angie's List Super Service Award
- Lapels Dry Cleaning annual clothing drive to benefit Big Brother Big Sister Foundation
- Roofers On Demand Best Roofers
- PhyberTech: A multi-faceted tech firm founded by tech prodigy Pratik KC
Similar on eTradeWire
- Grandmaster Darren Tibon to Present Serrada Escrima Seminar at the Masters Hall of Fame
- Senior Master of the Arts John Sepulveda to Present Kenpo Seminar at the Masters Hall of Fame
- Senior Professor Ron Sanchez to Present Kenpo Seminar at Masters Hall of Fame Celebration
- Premier Metro Detroit Community Festival Returns to Southfield
- Peacock Subaru Donates to Local Cancer Patients
- Andrew Jones Auctions will hold back-to-back auctions, July 27th and 28th, in downtown Los Angeles
- Hope Clubhouse to honor 'Faces of Hope Who Give'
- Cobble Beach Concours D'elegance Gearing Up For 7th Year
- Masters Hall of Fame honors Dr. Ricardo Gonzalez
- Grill & Hearth Invites Pubic to Big Green Egg Cooking Demo Event
The soccer tournament will host 24 teams representing countries from around the world including Nigeria, China, Italy, Spain, India, Bhutan, Turkey, USA, Germany, and Argentina. Round-robin group play will take place on Saturday, June 22nd at the Montour Junction Sports Complex in Coraopolis. The top 16 teams from the group stage will qualify for the single elimination stage the following day, June 23rd, which will include the Rounds of 16, 8, and 4. In total, over 60 games will be played across the first two days to narrow the field down to two final teams.
The Steel City World Cup is organized and hosted by PUMP, Open Field, Pittsburgh Riverhounds S.C., and Welcoming Pittsburgh (an initiative of the Office of Mayor William Peduto).
"From long-time Pittsburgh residents to our newest friends and neighbors, the Steel City World Cup is a great opportunity to share cultures and traditions and foster cross-cultural relationships and understanding on and off the soccer field," says Brian Magee, CEO, PUMP.
More on eTradeWire News
- Tokyu Hotel Corporation Announces Grand Opening of the Osaka Excel Hotel Tokyu, November 1, 2019
- Apex Officer of the Week Launches to Honor Police and Law Enforcement Officers
- New Yoga Book Offers "Motivational Lessons" for Lasting Lifestyle Changes
- Toll Brothers Colorado honored for second year in Best Workplace Awards
- Houston's office market recovery hits a speed bump in Q2
On June 29, Finals Night will be held at Highmark Stadium as part of the Riverhounds "Celebration of Cultures" event. The final Steel City World Cup match will take place after the Riverhounds take on Birmingham Legion FC. A single ticket is good for admission to the Riverhounds match and the Steel City World Cup finals. Tickets can be purchased at SteelCityWorldCup.com/finals.
"We are proud to co-host an event that brings people of all ethnicities together. Soccer is a beautiful game, shared and loved by people of many cultures. We are excited to be a part of an event that celebrates these different cultures we have here in Pittsburgh." Kevin Johnston, General Manager, Pittsburgh Riverhounds S.C.
A portion of the net proceeds from the Steel City World Cup will be donated to Open Field (formerly CameroonFDP), a nonprofit with a mission to improve the lives and futures of youth through sport. Since 2010, Open Field's global team has engaged more than 3,000 youth in educational soccer programming, mentoring relationships, travel abroad experiences, and cultural exchange in Cameroon, Africa and Pittsburgh, PA. Their innovative approach to Sport for Good empowers youth to be leaders in their community and gain skills to help them succeed on and off the field.
More on eTradeWire News
- Made in America! Calling for Municipalities to Reduce Greenhouse Gases – ECOFuelMax
- Flutist Kim Scott Releases New CD "Free To Be" on Innervision Records
- David R. Larson Joins Jmn Logistics & Transportation As Chief Commercial Officer
- New Thought Scholar Reveals the "Secret" of Think and Grow Rich
- QIRT Hosts Educational Conference in Advance of Home Health Industry Payment Model Changes
"Welcoming Pittsburgh is proud to be partnering with PUMP, Open Field, and the Pittsburgh Riverhounds for the third Steel City World Cup," says Feyi Abisola, Special Initiatives Manager, Welcoming Pittsburgh. "This event is sure to not only be an impressive tournament but also a true showcase of the diversity of people who call our region home."
The Steel City World Cup presenting sponsor is BNY Mellon. Event sponsors also include the Pittsburgh Riverhounds and Friends of Pittsburgh Professional Soccer.
Questions may be directed to Brian Magee at email@example.com or 412-338-2133 ext. 10. More information, full schedule, and tickets to the finals night: www.steelcityworldcup.com
- Circadence Wins Silver Award for inCyt from International Serious Play Awards Competition
- The Family Business Antonio's Pizza Opens Antonio's Brew Wall, a Pizzeria & Taproom Concept Featu
- FetchRev Goes Global with Automated Marketing Platform for Local Merchants
- Camping Glamping & More: Your One Stop Shop for Camping Supplies
- SimplePractice Celebrates Partnership with The Gottman Institute
- Your Security Pros: State-of-the-Art Surveillance Systems to Keep Your Valuables Safe
- Accurate Brazing Expanding Operations in South Carolina
- Keno Kozie Associates and HBR Managed Services Partner for Webinar on Bimodal IT
- Flywheel Uses Lola.com and Expensify to Streamline T&E Reporting
- Kitchen Asset: Make Dinner Memorable with Premium Kitchen Accessories
- Ars Musica Chorale Seeks Music Director/Conductor
- National Transportation acquires Destination Shuttle Systems of Los Angeles
- Red River Zoo Consolidates Systems with TRYTN
- Philly vs Everyone as Team Flip Murray brings back Pro-Am Summer League Rivalry to big East Coast C
- Henley printer cuts the cost of LED lighting with grant funding
- Top Spec Mini Pc | Special Offer | £500 Off This Week
- Saelig Introduces PicoScope 4823 8-Channel Automotive Oscilloscope
- Children's Franchises happen to be one of the consistently well-performing UK business sectors
- Whistleblowing E-learning Course Launched by Engage in Learning
- BCS Named to 2019 MSP 501 List of Top Managed Services Providers