Popular on eTradeWire
- One Of Hip Hop's Secret Unknown Gem Black Diamond 3917
- One of the pioneers of the MedTech field, Peter McCredie, joins the MedTech Visionaries Awards 967
- Perfect Fabric for Wide Variety of Dresses 868
- Coming Next Week: Palm Beach Chapter of the Rare Fruit Council to Host TROPICAL FRUIT & PLANTS 863
- Remodeling Experts Share Seven (Costly) Mistakes to Avoid 857
- Rook Coffee Accepts Applications For Second Annual Day of Giving 843
- Calvetta Phair launches new Refer All Staffing App with Corporate and Community Events 842
- The Gem City's Ready To Shine As Fashion Capital Of Midwest With Dayton Fashion Week 760
- New Proposal May Allow Debt Collectors to Communicate Through Social Media 522
- Zoom Electric Scooters brings the future to today with their range of 100% electric Mopeds 427
Similar on eTradeWire
- Fitt Adds New Funding, Strategic Investor in MINDBODY
- Fytns Group : Forging the Future of Fitness
- Calgary Memorial Announced for Rick Titan Bognar
- MYSOLMAT launches first line of yoga mats
- FitMind Launches New Meditation App Dubbed 'CrossFit For The Mind'
- MyBodyGallery.com Continues to Thrive After 10 Years
- Anytime Fitness Waterbury To Host Grand Re-Opening Tuesday, November 12
- New Guide To "Making Good Shit Happen"
- Athletic Leaders Fitness to Celebrate 17th Year Anniversary while helping The Mississauga Food Bank
- Training With Your Dog For A Successful Holiday Fun Run, from the Rotary Santa Run
HAAM was established in 2005, and its mission is to provide access to affordable healthcare for Austin's low-income, under-insured working musicians, with a focus on prevention and wellness.
"The Cap10K is a race with soul in large part because of our local musicians. They not only kick off the race and keep runners going with their music along the course, but also help them cool down at the festival. We are honored to support HAAM for a second year because of the important work they do to support the health and wellness of these talented artists," said Jeff Simecek, Statesman Capitol 10,000 Race Director.
According to HAAM's statistics, the "Live Music Capital of the World" is home to more than 8,000 working musicians. Annually, live music generates $2 billion in economic activity, with $38 million in local tax revenue. The average member makes between $12,060 and $18,090 per year. Sixty-three percent of HAAM members report making just barely enough to get by.
More on eTradeWire News
- Distroller USA Launches Cheekie Fairies
- SwiftDao: Fraud Resistant Blockchain Governance
- 10th Annual Zed Fest Film Festival 2019 Announces Upcoming Special Event Panels
- Legacy Foundation of Palm Beach County Applauds Latest Scholarship Recipients & Schedules Upcoming Au
- Women Driving at Blackhawk Pave the Way for Safety and Training Program Enhancements
"For the second year, we are extremely grateful to have been named as the 2020 race beneficiary," said HAAM Executive Director Reenie Collins. "Despite bad weather last year, HAAM received a generous donation and appreciates the continued support of the community! Our local musicians are the economic backbone of this city, and funds raised will go directly toward providing healthcare services for the musicians HAAM serves. Our partnership with the Statesman Cap10K will enable HAAM to help keep music in Austin alive and well!"
From walking HAAM members through the open-enrollment process and individualized healthcare consultations to hosting prevention clinics with local health providers, HAAM's specialized and personalized programs for musicians in Austin and Travis County are intended to keep the music community in the Austin thriving.
Sara Bryant-Marketing Director-Statesman Media
- Giftapart will explore a Series A venture capital raise option
- Moe's Southwest Grill "At Home" Expands to Food Lion Stores
- Don's Hobby Shop celebrates 70 years of business in Calgary, Alberta
- Stock Signature Homes Hires New Sales Associate
- Karma Candles, Indiana Company born out of Breast Cancer Diagnosis, Gives Back
- Cedar Point amusement park in Ohio selects Gray's to auction items for its Nov. 20 sesquicentennial
- DCI Purpose Projects Raised Awareness of Kidney Disease Around the U.S
- MuirWoods Memory Care, Petaluma's Comeback Kid
- 2016 Used White Honda Civic For Sale
- Polish-American family opens Ziggy's Kielbasa House deli in Leander, Texas
- Florida National University Has A New Psychology Club Helmed By Students
- "Light Everlasting" by Iris Sparkes is published by New Generation Publishing
- How to Post Classified Ads @ Anonymous Email Address
- Hillside Terrace Senior Living in Ann Arbor Celebrates 50th Anniversary!
- Michelle Lynn Sullivan Joins Savings Bank of Danbury as Vice President, Commercial Lending
- Heartbeat of the Royal Caribbean: First Night & Perfect Day at CocoCay
- JE Tomes now offering Colored Concrete Products
- Kappa Sigma at Thiel College celebrates 25th year of fundraising for Military Heroes Campaign
- Free Classified Advertising-Courtesy of Anonymous Email Address
- Ontario DUI Attorneys Branch Out to Personal Injury Cases