Popular on eTradeWire
- Ready to Rock the new single Streams over 5 Million on SoundCloud! 137
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi looks refreshed 116
- 20Lighter Announces Issuance Of First US Patent For Visceral Fat Reduction 105
- Veronica Waldman, A Principal At DWGI, Ratifies Distinguished Ethical Jewelry Pledge 101
- Emmy-Nominated Hairstylist Jerilynn Stephens Shares 5 "F" Words on Winn Claybaugh's MASTERS Podcast
- Vikki Jones Started a Company Amidst 2008 Economic Crisis, Advises Some COVID19 Employment Victims To Do The Same
- Veronica Waldman, A Principal At Diamond Wholesale Group, Inc., Implements Cash Referral Program
- Strat-O-Matic: Dallas, Toronto, Boston Close Out NBA Series With Game Seven Wins
- PRISM Wealth Management Recruiting Launches The Financial Advisor 100
- Veronica Waldman, A Principal At DWGI, Embraces The Lessons Of "Blood Diamond" & The "KPC"
Similar on eTradeWire
- Local Dojo Offers Motivation During Trying Times
- Superbowl Champ and Fighting Irish Football Legend Marc Edwards Demonstrates the Ultimate Workout And Recovery Gym
- Soulful Wine Down Yoga Bringing Groups Together During a Pandemic and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Two New Studies Confirm BLIS M18™ Effective Against Black Teeth Staining
- Invictus FItness Solutions Supports Local Small Businesses With Health Fundraiser
- STONE London to open new location in Kensington
- NJ gym closed during COVID-19 uses virtual fitness to raise funds for small businesses, firefighters
- Family-Owned All Volleyball Announces First Two Recipients of Covid-19 Fundraiser Proceeds
- Running While Black - National Black Marathoners Association's Response
- Diet App Company Noom, Inc. Hit With $100M Class Action Suit For Auto-Enrollment Scam
HAAM was established in 2005, and its mission is to provide access to affordable healthcare for Austin's low-income, under-insured working musicians, with a focus on prevention and wellness.
"The Cap10K is a race with soul in large part because of our local musicians. They not only kick off the race and keep runners going with their music along the course, but also help them cool down at the festival. We are honored to support HAAM for a second year because of the important work they do to support the health and wellness of these talented artists," said Jeff Simecek, Statesman Capitol 10,000 Race Director.
According to HAAM's statistics, the "Live Music Capital of the World" is home to more than 8,000 working musicians. Annually, live music generates $2 billion in economic activity, with $38 million in local tax revenue. The average member makes between $12,060 and $18,090 per year. Sixty-three percent of HAAM members report making just barely enough to get by.
More on eTradeWire News
- British School of Aviation reopening to support UK aviation industry
- ASCEND 2020 Atlanta Alumni pivot, to create Joint Venture RTW (Return to Work) Solutions Group to provide COVID-19 Business Services
- Ron Roecker's Self-Published Debut "Why Ball Wouldn't Bounce" Joins Dr. Seuss, Jimmy Kimmel on "Best Children's Books of All Time" List
- Make way for Judithilen, the new star of Key Crashers Suga Boom Boom on TikTok!
- Make way for Judithilen, the new star of Key Crashers Suga Boom Boom!
"For the second year, we are extremely grateful to have been named as the 2020 race beneficiary," said HAAM Executive Director Reenie Collins. "Despite bad weather last year, HAAM received a generous donation and appreciates the continued support of the community! Our local musicians are the economic backbone of this city, and funds raised will go directly toward providing healthcare services for the musicians HAAM serves. Our partnership with the Statesman Cap10K will enable HAAM to help keep music in Austin alive and well!"
From walking HAAM members through the open-enrollment process and individualized healthcare consultations to hosting prevention clinics with local health providers, HAAM's specialized and personalized programs for musicians in Austin and Travis County are intended to keep the music community in the Austin thriving.
Sara Bryant-Marketing Director-Statesman Media
- Masters Hall of Fame Announces Michelle Manu As The 2021 Grandmaster of Ceremonies
- New EMF Protection Products To Help With Pain Relief For The State Of Arizona & Surrounding Areas
- Minnesota Firearms Charges Attorney Lynne Torgerson successfully obtains stay of adjudication
- New technology game changer for Sydney heart patients
- Online Dating Profile Critiques and Makeovers
- Masters Hall of Fame Announces David Dye As The 2021 Keynote Speaker
- Using Your Phone Camera for In-Store and Restaurant Payments
- Screen printer pairs with local Reverend for benefit T's
- Human Hemoglobin for Interference Testing
- Free Bilirubin for Interference Testing
- AIS-All Integrated Solutions Receives Supplier Award for Outstanding Quality from Motus
- Small Business Owner Tiffany S. Walker Lends Her Support To Local Protestors
- AJUSD Curbside Food Service Resumes with New Summer Hours
- New ecommerce marketplace delivers wide selection of must-have products at discounted prices
- Show "Trial 2020" Seeking a Producer
- MSPA Americas Selects Buena Vista Events & Management
- Fast And Furious 9 Release Date April 2021
- ILIA Stands in Solidarity with the Black Community and Looks Towards Real, Structural Change
- Dr. Daniel Hect tapped as newest board member for the Ohio Small Police Department Association
- Real Estate Loans Are Closing During Global Pandemic. Just Ask Rickey Biddle of Philadelphia