Popular on eTradeWire
- ForgingBlock has implemented Lightning Network and integrated more cryptocurrencies
- Could Carbonated Drinks Really Be Good For You?
- Get Help About Which Vanity Unit You Need To Add in Your Bathroom
- Get Your Kids Ready for their 1st 5K with help from the Rotary Santa Run
- All you need to know about Ozcrystal, the crystal knob online store
- Dr. Artika Tyner's Book Takes Third Place in Children's Literature Contest
- Local PODS® Moving & Storage to collect toy donations for those in need
- 1MysticFactsCheck Provides The Truth About 1Mystic
- Acclaimed Author Releases Latest Book for Young Readers
- Hacking Hollywood Film Summit and Pitch Fest
Similar on eTradeWire
- John Gilbert of Rudin Management to Keynote at Connected Real Estate Summit
- Sage IT celebrates milestone with Forbes Technology Council
- As Seen on FOX Business: Caris Company Ltd promotes the world's first Impact-resistant, Luminescent, Eco-friendly Recyclable PVC Safety Guardrails
- Appetiser and Hear Me Talk bring accessibility to email through app that reads emails aloud
- Siemplify Raises the Bar for Enterprise Readiness with Latest Security Operations Platform Release
- New Yorker Electronics Releases Mallory Sonalert Alarms with Electronic Volume Control
- Idoneus Elevates Their Global Crypto Capabilities by Partnering with C6 Advisors
- Evolve IP Completes Flex Certification for WebEx Calling and Meetings Solutions
- Bob Franceschelli Joins ITEN's Board of Directors
- Arson Investigators & OSCR360 Team Network at NYS Arson Investigation Event
In today's episode of "StartUp Scoop", OpenAI pushes forward with its mission that AGI should "benefit all of humanity", Robinhood expands access to financial systems, and Thumbtack pushes hard to support the backbone of the American economy.
In our lead story, OpenAI has received a whopping $1 Billion Investment from Microsoft. OpenAI's mission is pushing the boundaries of AGI.
AGI is a system capable of mastering a field of study to the world-expert level, and mastering more fields than any one human. For example, An AGI working on a problem would be able to see connections across disciplines that no human could.
"We think AGI's impact should be to give everyone economic freedom to pursue what they find most fulfilling, creating new opportunities for all of our lives that are unimaginable today" said the company.
More on eTradeWire News
- Woodall Creative Group Awarded for Strategy and Social Media Initiatives
- Sunshine Ace Hardware selects Children's Miracle Network as 'primary charity partner'
- Atlanta-based real estate firm partners with 104.7 The Fish to grant a large Christmas Wish
- Rare, New Book A MAN'S LATE NIGHT THOUGHTS Shares The Wisdom Gained From A Lifetime Of Living
- New release Sinfonia: A Painted Lady: A Vampire Chronicle, Book 2 by David Landrum is now available!
But make no mistake, Microsoft is betting big that AGI will have economic benefits. The companies are developing hardware and software platforms within Microsoft Azure which will scale to AGI including supercomputing technologies.
Check out "Startup Scoop" on YouTube (https://youtu.be/O440vCcwBPU)
In other news, Robinhood, a Menlo Park, California-based platform to invest in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies, from a phone or desktop, raised $323M in Series E funding.
"We're focused on building products and services that expand access to our financial system" commented the company.
The $323M Series E financing gives the company a $7.6B valuation. This round was led by DST Global.
"We'll use the funding to keep pursuing our mission of democratizing finance for all" said Robinhood.
Meanwhile, Thumbtack, a San Francisco, California-based local services marketplace that connects consumers to professionals across the country has raised $150M in funding led by existing investor Sequoia Capital.
More on eTradeWire News
- LeanTaaS Secures $40 Million in Funding From Goldman Sachs
- HRO Today Appoints New Senior Vice President of Membership Services
- Toll Brothers breaks ground for homes in new master-planned, resort-style community
- The AVIA Luxury Travel Trailer Alters the RV Landscape
- Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas from the Government Marketplace LLC team
"We're focused on bringing more customers to the backbone of the American economy – small businesses," said Marco Zappacosta, CEO of Thumbtack. "Today's investment will allow us to accelerate our efforts to create the tools and infrastructure needed to empower small businesses to run and grow their businesses."
This most recent financing will enable Thumbtack to continue to invest in growth, accelerating the expansion of its platform and investing in products and pro tool.
Here's a quick run through the rest of the headlines (courtesy of FINSMES):
• WattBuy raised $1.2M in seed funding
• Ocuphire Pharma has closed on over $5m financing.
• Homeward secured $25M in initial funding
• UVeye has raised an additional $31M in funding.
• DEARhealth closed out its Series A funding round.
• LYV Lifer received an investment from Balance Point Capital
"Startup Scoop" is produced by TVP in New York City, and sponsored by RestonLogic
- "1964" Brings the Most Authentic Beatles Tribute to the Weinberg Center
- Students Rising Above Welcomes Elizabeth Jordan Devaney as Chief Executive Officer
- Nikki Haley Opens Florida Forum Speaker Series
- Must Read Blog: How to Get Your Website onto Page One of Google
- Must Have: 2015 Used Mercedes Benz
- Laying Foundations for Future Growth
- Fennemore Craig Elects Cameron Johnson as a Firm Director
- The Ivy at Watertown Accepting Deposits And Covering Local Moving Costs For New Residents
- Regent Surgical Health Expands Business Development Team
- Mario Lopez Hosts 2020 New Years Eve Bash at WTR Pool & Grill
- ExpressCells appoints Dr. Sajad S. Bilgrami to Board of Directors
- FIX Music Rewards Launches Next Generation Artist Tools
- West Tool Enclosures Announces Partnership with Protection and Control Solutions as Company Expands
- 3x Award-winning Book "Love Loss Light" Speaks to Those in Grief
- CDI Global Welcomes Saxenhammer & Co. as a New Member Firm in Germany
- Felinton Elder Law & Estate Planning Founder Says Financial & Asset Protection Planning Inseparable
- New Song Release by Mr Mischief called Gyal Dem Fire
- Mister Kaplan Investments, LLC Acquires Pelican Cove Vacation Condo at Landmark Resort
- Northwestern Mutual-Chicago Advisor Timothy Ninowski Receives CFP® Certification
- McCorkle Litigation Services, Inc., Chicago to remain independent