Popular on eTradeWire
- Mahoney's Texish Bar & Restaurant "Drag Me to Brunch" Event UPDATE
- Y2Q - the quantum threat to our data & communications
- SEE Company Inc. Introduces New Brand Ambassador, Ericka Dunlap at WBENC National Conference
- KRAVIS CENTER Announces The Kat & Dave Show: David Foster & Katharine McPhee LIVE
- Cave Creek and Scottsdale, AZ Area Luxury Homes Attract Pro Athletes & Business Professionals
- Onlive Server Offers South Africa VPS Hosting in Johannesburg with Control Panel and SSD Storage
- The ACC STL and Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis Hosted 2022 Corporate Counsel Institute
- @LinoLakes has a #homeforsale with amazing views!
- Physicians' Primary Care Welcomes Kristy Yentes, FNP
- As Women Unapologetically Step into their Power, Business Skyrockets
Similar on eTradeWire
- Courageous Women Throughout History
- Author celebrates 12 months and 6 books in DCI Steve Burt crime fiction series with book donations
- Pastor Tells the Story of His Parents' Religious Journey
- Dalia Dupris Announces the Release of Anything But Love
- Local Author Releases New Book
- On Anniversary of Surfside Tragedy, New Book Coaches Residents to Identify Warning Signs
- Vicki-Ann Bush signs one-book deal with Creative James Media
- US Marine Turned Crypto Millionaire Seth Maniscalco Releases Prohibited Profits Book
- Aftermath: Murder • Adventure • Revenge in Lake Tahoe Book Launch
- Burning Soul Press Rebrands as Burning Soul Collective
"East coast versus west coast, rural versus city," says Shulusky, "there is often discussion about what divides us. But the pandemic had the opposite effect. It was an experience shared by all. No matter the income or where in the country a person lived, everybody was impacted in similar ways."
Finding Light in a Lost Year follows Roni Wright and the Wright family as their seemingly perfect life is upended by a worldwide pandemic. Set against the backdrop of actual events as they unfolded, the book examines how headlines translated to the struggles faced by everyday people and families.
However, unlike those headlines, by examining the effects on the Wright family, readers can emphasize with the trials, as they had to face them themselves. The story acts like a mirror, shining light onto the dark times that everybody fought through and showing that what seemed like a singular problem was actually a traumatic experience felt by all. From going store to store in search of toilet paper, to juggling a home schooling schedule while also adjusting to a new and awkward work-from-home environment, the very things that isolated us for safety were the same things that many of us would turn to our community to commiserate about—a commiseration that couldn't happen during the times of social distancing.
More on eTradeWire News
- GRAMMY Award-Winning Singer-Songwriter India.Arie Joins National Symphony Orchestra to Headline BGR!FEST 2022
- Kano Laboratories, Makers of Kroil, Announces Refreshed Branding for Extended Line of Industrial Product Solutions
- New 5" TFT Displays with IPS Technology at Newhaven Display
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Proudly Welcomes Back Seaboard Solutions as a platinum member
- Exeter Orthodontics in Lancaster Accepting New Patients
"I want people who read this to see that they were not alone in their own lost year," concludes Shulusky. "As we all did our part and refrained from time spent with family and friends, it led to a sense of isolation. We lost the camaraderie and outlets to discuss the hardships of life, and thus felt that our experiences were unique. But, in fact, many of those struggles were faced by us all, and that's what I want people to understand when they read my book."
Finding Light in a Lost Year is available for purchase through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and from your independent local bookstores via Indiebound.
To book Carin for an appearance or book talk, please contact:
Jeanie C. Williams, PenPower Book Marketing Services
Jeanie C. Williams
- Grand Opening Celebration and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for LaVida Massage Center in Rome, GA
- ESL QuickSwitch® Model 6240 Duplex POF A/B Conector Switch with Serial Remote Control
- Chowder on and Savor the Season with Fall Trail and Fest
- Study Uncovers Crucial Insights for Technology Sales Leaders
- Fathym announces the addition of Sergio Sotolongo to its board of directors
- How To Determine the Best Curing & Drying Equipment for Manufacturing Batteries
- Announcing the Release of Bella FSM 2.0 - Field Service Management
- Active Adult Living in Two Cherokee Locations
- Mickael Marabou & Davido teams up on new upbeat romantic pop hit
- Prolific Author Tam R. Luc Celebrates Positive Title IX Achievements and Pushes Businesswomen to the Next Level with Boss Up Summit
- Jim Luciano Of Compass Sells Intracoastal Front Residence For $5.25M
- Podthon Returns for 4th Annual - with a Twist
- Avion Medical Skin Centres to offer innovative treatment for non-melanoma skin cancer patients
- What is cloud computing services with example?
- Grant Shapps backs rail industry to bolster jobs during visit to manufacturer Silver Fox
- New summer offerings coming to London and Sydney
- Different ways to find someone on Facebook
- Enmarket Announces New VP of Marketing
- Gairy St. Clair Superhero Fight Night to Host World Title Fights
- No One is Above the Law - Our Democracy is in YOUR hands!