Popular on eTradeWire
- Anton R. Williams, Head of Global Missions Org, Expands Global Humanitarian and Mission Operations - 153
- Anton R. Williams, West MI Business Owner and Philanthropist, Contributes From Distinct History - 152
- Miami Dade College with Khawam Presents Crossing Borders Artists from the Middle East & the Americas - 107
- Widowed South Yorkshire Author Ric Hart releases 5th & final bereavement book for his son Hugo afte - 101
- Criminal Investigation of Trump Halted
- Practical Nursing Program at Carrington College Receives Approval from New Mexico Board of Nursing
- Green Office Partner ranked #23 on Crain's Top 100 Best Places to Work in Chicago!
- Equinox To The Rescue-How To Get Your Life Back In Balance Now
- SJVC Announces New Online Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Management
- Youth Gun Safety Incorporated, A Responsible Way to Keep our Children Safe
Similar on eTradeWire
- Mike Huckabee, Danny Gokey to Highlight Feb. 9 Covering the World in Christ Celebration
- Montana State University Sets Hispanic Heritage Month Events!
- Special Report: Affordable Nutrition: Is Inflation Causing Starvation?
- Band Dashade Celebrates Super Model Duckie Thot's Award As Beauty Of The Month By A New Single
- Special Report: Death penalty: Is It The Same As A Life Sentence?
- Will The Extreme Weather Ruin Christmas Of 2022?
- As The Christmas Holiday Approaches: Will There Be Enough Products In Retail Stores?
- How To Heal After Fires, Floods, Hurricanes And Tornadoes
- Shooting Sprees May Lead To Martial Law: Are There Still Traditional Christians In Texas?
A repeal of the landmark 1973 United States Supreme Court Ruling of Roe v. Wade made international headlines, and sent a clear message — women's reproductive health remains heavily politicised, and often out of their own hands.
It puts the US at odds with many parts of the world who view abortion as a human right.
The US is one of only four countries to remove protections for legal abortion in more than 25 years.
"When anti-choice politicians chip away at American women's rights, the global anti-choice movement takes notice," MSI Asia Pacific, a reproductive health charity, recently said.
But it's not just about abortions. Good sexual reproductive services, and knowledge is central to women's overall health, and those who have female reproductive systems.
More on eTradeWire News
- Maxwell "The Night Tour" Featuring Fantasia and Joe Becomes Hurricane Ian Relief Concert in Jacksonville on Sunday, Oct. 2
- Ignite! Conference kicks off its first Annual Conference
- "Third Thursdays" harmolodic jazz series cont. w/Dave Bryant plus Raghuram, Garzone, Rivard & Leake
- NadaMoo! Launches New Bite-Sized Treats
- What Do I Do if My Logger Says "Self-Test Failed?"
The protection of the law for all women to make choices about their bodies — including access to birth control, sex education, and family planning — varies greatly around the world. It's heavily influenced by a myriad of national, and culturally specific factors including economics, traditional, religious, and power imbalances which impact women's individual agencies.
Many of these issues disporportunately impact women in developing economies; one third of which are giving birth in their teens, according to a recent United Nations report.
"The repeat pregnancies we see among adolescent mothers are a glaring signpost that they desperately need sexual, and reproductive health information, and services," said Dr Natalia Kanem, UN Population Fund Executive Director.
Preventing access to legal abortion does not eliminate the practice.
Around 45 percent of all abortions are unsafe, of which 97 percent take place in developing countries, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
More on eTradeWire News
- Magna Imperio Systems® Closes on $45M Funding Facility
- Dr. Anderson Now Uses The Laser Gum Disease Treatment At The Anderson Periodontal Wellness Office!
- Bloomfield Hills Dental Group Now Has The Latest Dental Technology, The Laser Frenectomy!
- Panoramic Voices' 25th Anniversary Season Commences October 16
- The Columbia Center For Implants & Periodontics Are Now Using The Intraoral Digital Scanner!
Health risks associated with unsafe abortion include haemorrhage, infections, perforated uterus, and all of which can be deadly.
Latest WHO figures in 2017 find around 810 women die per day from preventable causes related to pregnancy, and childbirth — the majority are adolescent girls from developing economies. Societal factors such as gender, and income inequalities are contributing factors to this.
Making situations worse is the distruption to services due to the COVID-19 pandemic, climate disasters, and conflict. Leaving tens of million girls vulnerable to child marriage, and early pregnancy.
For more information:
Liam Westra British News Global Report: Relationships
- UpStart Commerce welcomes James Urbati as Chief Strategy Officer
- The Dog Gurus to Present at the Pet Boarding and Daycare Expo in Pennsylvania
- 9th Annual Demand Response & Distributed Energy Resources Forum Coming to San Diego
- Colonial Courtyard at Bedford opens new Memory Care Unit
- Top Benefits of Home Security!
- Mountain Air Cardio Is Proud to Announce Their Contribution to the Fast Talk Podcast–Check out the Episode on Altitude Tents Today!
- Children's author C. Ariane Durden to hold book signing at Nubian Bookstore
- Learn Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Poly Mailers on EcoEnclose's Ultimate Guide
- Unique Gift Ideas for Pets This Holiday Season
- Check out the Ultimate Guide to Peninsula Desks on the McDowell-Craig Website!
- Does Roadside Assistance Impact Your Auto Insurance Premium?
- ARISE Foundation Adds to its Digital Library "20 Tips for Dealing with Depression"
- Remodelers Outstanding Construction Winners Announced
- Dynamic Design Solutions Announces Best Sales Year on Record in Back-to-Back Fiscal Years
- Video based professional network and Tik-Tok for jobs Rebelliuz launches its app after 10000 users
- Pet Professional Guild Announces 2023 Summit, Invites Proposals for Academic Sessions and Skill Labs
- WPS Delivers State-of-the-Art Sound System to Rutgers University SHI Stadium
- Managecore Named as "The Best SAP Solution Provider" for 2022 by Enterprise World Magazine
- Nigerian Oil and Gas Billionaire, High Chief Emeka Agbanari, Chairman of Seaman Group Receives Global Leadership Award
- "Emi the Giant" new children's book from Otto Keller released