Popular on eTradeWire
- Express Homes coming to family-friendly Lehigh Acres 129
- SheFeeds LLC Launches a Campaign to Produce Their First Nursing Top Design, the Butterfly Feeder
- Calabasas.Crypto Ethereum Blockchain Website For Rent
- MTech Mobility Announces Acquisition, Launches Atlanta Office and Expands Global Footprint to Asia
- REVELNATION Enterprises, Inc. Plans To Launch New Streaming Platform, Honors Dr. Khalilah Ali At Celebrity Event
- Zobe Records Signs Gospel Rapper Ashes
- Disability Application Help Launches a New Website to Offer a Free Social Security Disability Online Case Evaluation
- EclecticIQ continues its global expansion, reaching significant milestones in 2019
- Rugby ATL Season Suspended for 30 Days
- Renal Care Options Response to the Covid-19 Outbreak
Similar on eTradeWire
- Some Useful Fashion Tips You Need to Know
- Must Read Blog: 6 Easy Hacks to Colour Grey Eyebrows
- UNice Hair Company Brings Best Affordable Human Hair Lace Wigs Styles for Spring 2020
- Salon Invi, a Popular Boston-Area Salon, Wins 2020 BONS Wedding Award in the Hair Category
- AOAGWLLC Announces Pageant Date Change Due to Kennedy Center Closure
- New Fashion Women's Clothes Arrives At AfricanMall -- Hot and Affordable
- UK Beauty Awards Winner Brand Ashley Cahill to Relaunch This Spring
- Bioprime Care– Suppliers Of Dermal Fillers,Apetamin syrups, Implants, Cosmetics & Orthopedics
- Tee-Owels the Indie Beauty Brand Changing the Way People Dry Their Hair
- Clean Beauty Disruptor Flawless Beauty and Skin Launches New Website
"The Aveda team is thrilled to congratulate Adriana, John and their entire team on 35 years in business," said Sue Trondson, Vice President, Aveda Partner Relations. "Our mission at Aveda is to care for the world we live in, from the products we make, to the ways in which we give back to society, and I couldn't think of a better example of someone living that mission than Spa Adriana. They were early adopters of Aveda's vision of beauty and responsible business, and their commitment to the environment and their community over the past 35 years is a true inspiration."
Adriana and John have been the ideal pair in business as well as in life. They met working alongside one another on a magazine photo shoot when John, a successful fashion photographer, fell for Adriana's natural talent as she worked her magic doing hair and makeup for the models.
Adriana and John co-founded Spa Adriana in 1984, in a small shop in Huntington Village, NY, not far from their current location. They have since built Spa Adriana into a flourishing business by focusing on the power of community and their commitment to the environment.
"For us, thriving has always meant giving back," said Adriana. "That has been the secret to our success: giving back to our community and giving back to the environment. Our partnership with Aveda has been a natural extension of these tenets of our business, making them a wonderful partner on this journey."
More on eTradeWire News
- Beckatt Solutions Provides 3D Printed Medical Parts and PPE to Hospitals Facing Critical Shortages
- COVID-19 Quarantined with Dr. B
- Councilmember Koretz's Director of Public Safety, Gregory Martayan Pairs With Flatten The Curb
- Thexmar – Directory for Content Creators. Find influencers here
- Progressive Real Estate Partners Sells Former Acapulco Restaurant Building in Montclair, CA
Believing that the success of one business helps ensure the success of the community as a whole, the pair developed a strong network with neighboring shops, local schools and other community leaders. John and Adriana present at schools across Long Island teaching students about environmental responsibility. Adriana is also a fierce advocate for women's issues, supporting the Susan G. Komen Foundation and the 1 in 9 Foundation for Breast Cancer Awareness. John and Adriana have also participated in Pink Aid for the last five years. Pink Aid's mission is to help underserved local women survive breast cancer treatment with support and dignity, to provide screening to women in financial need and to empower breast cancer survivors to heal by helping and inspiring others with "compassion until there's a cure." John and Adriana also support Huntington Hospital, The Heckscher Museum and The Long Island Center for Independent Living.
"Spa Adriana is one of the biggest success stories on Long Island. We've seen continued growth year after year, even through economic downturns," said John. "We believe this is due in no small part to the relationships we have developed with our community. We also credit the wonderful, talented people here at Spa Adriana who provide the very best in beauty and spa services to our clients."
"Attracting and cultivating best-in-class talent is a key priority for Spa Adriana," said Adriana. "We attract top-notch creatives from New York City and across the country. Our guests flock to us because they know: Spa Adriana is the place to get Manhattan-level services right here in Huntington."
Their formula for success has paid off. Spa Adriana was named one of the Top 200 fastest growing spa and salons in the country by Salon Today. Adriana was honored with the Top 50 Most Influential Women in Business Award given by Long Island Business News, and named Businesswoman of Distinction by Huntington's Town Board.
More on eTradeWire News
- Former Isley Brother CHRIS JASPER pays tribute to a SAM COOKE classic ..."Nothing Can Change This Love"... Just Released!
- The Georgia Coalition on the Peoples' Agenda Remembers Founder and Convener Rev. Dr. Joseph E. Lowery
- Brushwood Media Group In Association with Lynn TV Productions Presents "THE KRISTINA LYNN SHOW"
- Popular Booktoots Healing Announces Revised Ebook Titled "Water Exercises For TKR Patients"
- LivingTree Botanicals Celebrates the Opening of its CBD Ecommerce Store
Environmental responsibility is the literal cornerstone of Spa Adriana. Man-made cements were utilized as architectural stone for the entire façade of the building, which is not only eco-conscious but adds to the business' earthy, ancient connection to the Mayan civilization. Retail areas feature low-voltage lit displays. Only recycled steel and sustainable materials were used throughout Spa Adriana, including Plyboo (bamboo plywood).
Spa Adriana utilizes many of the same "green" building techniques used by the Mayans. In leu of paint, plant-based dyes were blended into stucco to add color to the walls. Also, the Mayan art found throughout Spa Adriana was produced by Mayan archaeologist Dr. Alfonso Moralas and Luis Eschevres, Mayan architect and artisan.
Together, Adriana and John spearhead another business adventure: Ceviche Tours, a travel agency that provides sustainable ecotourism services near Cancun, Mexico. They are known worldwide for their "Swim with Whale Shark" tours. These tours provide crucial education about the plight of this fragile barrier reef and the wildlife within.
Guests of the whale shark tours become "Citizen Scientists" as their photos are added to a global database that identifies and tracks the migratory paths of these humungous fish. Through these education and photo identification efforts, Ceviche Tours is part of a worldwide effort to protect and preserve the world's oceans and marine life.
About Spa Adriana
Indulge yourself in the MayaSpa experience of Spa Adriana, an Aveda lifestyle salon and spa that captures the exotic beauty of the ancient Mayan culture. Recognized by Salon Today as one of the Top 200 Salons in the U.S. (2005), Spa Adriana was named Consumer Service of the Year by the Suffolk/Nassau Chamber of Commerce (2005). In addition, Spa Adriana's work was featured in American Salon. Adriana Vater was honored with the Top 50 Most Influential Women in Business Award given by the Long Island Business News (2009), and named Businesswoman of Distinction (2005) by Huntington, NY's Town Board. For more information, please visit us online at http://www.spaadriana.com, email us at email@example.com or call our Appointment Hotline at (631) 351-1555.
- Somatic Spiritual Counseling: New Psychotherapy Practice in Boulder, CO + Online
- Student Brings Prom Night Back to Life as Virtual Event
- Rebounding From Crisis: NAWBO Houston hosts a conversation with Alice CEO, Carolyn Rodz
- Indianapolis Medical Staff Accomodation
- Auto Insurance | What Is a Deductible?
- NJ Lawyers - Covid-19 Financial Aid Relief for NJ Business Owners
- Panel Built Prefabricated Mezzanine Systems Utilizes Vertical Space in Crowded Facilities
- Pipeline Ag Safety Alliance Announces Heightened Efforts to Help Reduce Utility Damage
- 360training Releases Free COVID-19 Awareness Course
- PSXDigital Offers Free Online Courses to All plus Defers Billing of Current Dealer Partners
- Airforwarders Association applauds passage of CARES Act
- Leading Personal Property Appraisal Organizations to Discuss COVID-19 Concerns in Free 4/2 Webinar
- Leading Real Estate Appraisal Organizations to Discuss COVID-19 in Free 3/31 Webinar
- Anchor Blinds Awarded Best of Houzz 2020 for Customer Service
- Process Technology - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Business Update
- Party Entertainers Offer Free Virtual Shows For Kids Stuck At Home Due To COVID_19
- PartsBadger is Doing Their Parts, Six Feet Apart
- NVL Director Named "Top Woman to Watch"
- PartsBadger Donates Surgical Masks
- Discount OWL Subscriptions Now Available