Popular on eTradeWire
- BlazeSports America Honors Inspiring Georgia Individuals at the 2019 Triumph of the Human Spirit Awards 376
- Quality Improvement Program Expanded to Florida to Prevent Blindness Caused by Diabetes 353
- Grey Flannel's Jan. 22 auction includes ultimate Babe Ruth-signed baseball, Tom Brady rookie jersey 292
- Chicago Design-Build Company Launches New Website 289
- The Doral Chamber of Commerce Welcomes Back Novecento 900 Doral LLC. as a Platinum Member 288
- BYD and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport Make the Holidays Greener 225
- Chance Hurst and Andolini Talent partner up 211
- New Visiongain Published Report: Military Smart Weapons Market Report 2020-2030 197
- KeysCaribbean Vacation Home Rentals Features 'Book Now, Pay Later' Special Offer 143
- Wanderful Launches Wanderful Women Wednesdays Around The World 117
Similar on eTradeWire
- Great Gulf Features Holistic Beauty Expert Tammy Fender Services at La Clara Luxury Residences
- Africanmall--An Online Store of Women Clothing and Wigs For Black Women
- Promville brings a one-of-a-kind pop-up event experience in support of a good cause!
- Beautyforever Launches "Free Make Into Wig"
- The Doral Chamber of Commerce Welcomes Back the MaKeup Bar as a Gold Member
- RI Jewelry Company Symbol Of Love Launches Soulmate Jewelry Line
- GiftstoIndia24x7.com Helps Couples Spread The Spirit of Love Across Boundaries, Launches 10,000 Valentine Day Gift Options To Choose From!
- The New Year New Me Empowerment Pajama Party Brunch
- Cosmetic Dentist Chicago New Teeth Chicago Dental
- Rosebud Woman Unveils New Refresh Wipes For Daily, Intimate Care
"The Aveda team is thrilled to congratulate Adriana, John and their entire team on 35 years in business," said Sue Trondson, Vice President, Aveda Partner Relations. "Our mission at Aveda is to care for the world we live in, from the products we make, to the ways in which we give back to society, and I couldn't think of a better example of someone living that mission than Spa Adriana. They were early adopters of Aveda's vision of beauty and responsible business, and their commitment to the environment and their community over the past 35 years is a true inspiration."
Adriana and John have been the ideal pair in business as well as in life. They met working alongside one another on a magazine photo shoot when John, a successful fashion photographer, fell for Adriana's natural talent as she worked her magic doing hair and makeup for the models.
Adriana and John co-founded Spa Adriana in 1984, in a small shop in Huntington Village, NY, not far from their current location. They have since built Spa Adriana into a flourishing business by focusing on the power of community and their commitment to the environment.
"For us, thriving has always meant giving back," said Adriana. "That has been the secret to our success: giving back to our community and giving back to the environment. Our partnership with Aveda has been a natural extension of these tenets of our business, making them a wonderful partner on this journey."
More on eTradeWire News
- Black Aces Tactical debuts 50-state legal, magazine-fed Bull-Pup Pump at Shot Show
- Americart now an Art Touring Exhibition across the United States
- Major Sports Brand Needs Seattle Area Youth
- Discover the World's Independent Music, TV & Film Creators As Media Tech Startup IndieONE Launches
- Telliant Systems Meeting the Best and Brightest in Tech at PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando
Believing that the success of one business helps ensure the success of the community as a whole, the pair developed a strong network with neighboring shops, local schools and other community leaders. John and Adriana present at schools across Long Island teaching students about environmental responsibility. Adriana is also a fierce advocate for women's issues, supporting the Susan G. Komen Foundation and the 1 in 9 Foundation for Breast Cancer Awareness. John and Adriana have also participated in Pink Aid for the last five years. Pink Aid's mission is to help underserved local women survive breast cancer treatment with support and dignity, to provide screening to women in financial need and to empower breast cancer survivors to heal by helping and inspiring others with "compassion until there's a cure." John and Adriana also support Huntington Hospital, The Heckscher Museum and The Long Island Center for Independent Living.
"Spa Adriana is one of the biggest success stories on Long Island. We've seen continued growth year after year, even through economic downturns," said John. "We believe this is due in no small part to the relationships we have developed with our community. We also credit the wonderful, talented people here at Spa Adriana who provide the very best in beauty and spa services to our clients."
"Attracting and cultivating best-in-class talent is a key priority for Spa Adriana," said Adriana. "We attract top-notch creatives from New York City and across the country. Our guests flock to us because they know: Spa Adriana is the place to get Manhattan-level services right here in Huntington."
Their formula for success has paid off. Spa Adriana was named one of the Top 200 fastest growing spa and salons in the country by Salon Today. Adriana was honored with the Top 50 Most Influential Women in Business Award given by Long Island Business News, and named Businesswoman of Distinction by Huntington's Town Board.
More on eTradeWire News
- Author Scheduling Book Signings
- Rude Rangers TV Helps Raise Autism Awareness
- Black Media Honors™️ Announces Inaugural Weekend In Atlanta
- #NationalSeedSwapDay Free Online Seed Swap Jan 25
- Calling All Video Content Creators in Arizona & Mississippi!
Environmental responsibility is the literal cornerstone of Spa Adriana. Man-made cements were utilized as architectural stone for the entire façade of the building, which is not only eco-conscious but adds to the business' earthy, ancient connection to the Mayan civilization. Retail areas feature low-voltage lit displays. Only recycled steel and sustainable materials were used throughout Spa Adriana, including Plyboo (bamboo plywood).
Spa Adriana utilizes many of the same "green" building techniques used by the Mayans. In leu of paint, plant-based dyes were blended into stucco to add color to the walls. Also, the Mayan art found throughout Spa Adriana was produced by Mayan archaeologist Dr. Alfonso Moralas and Luis Eschevres, Mayan architect and artisan.
Together, Adriana and John spearhead another business adventure: Ceviche Tours, a travel agency that provides sustainable ecotourism services near Cancun, Mexico. They are known worldwide for their "Swim with Whale Shark" tours. These tours provide crucial education about the plight of this fragile barrier reef and the wildlife within.
Guests of the whale shark tours become "Citizen Scientists" as their photos are added to a global database that identifies and tracks the migratory paths of these humungous fish. Through these education and photo identification efforts, Ceviche Tours is part of a worldwide effort to protect and preserve the world's oceans and marine life.
About Spa Adriana
Indulge yourself in the MayaSpa experience of Spa Adriana, an Aveda lifestyle salon and spa that captures the exotic beauty of the ancient Mayan culture. Recognized by Salon Today as one of the Top 200 Salons in the U.S. (2005), Spa Adriana was named Consumer Service of the Year by the Suffolk/Nassau Chamber of Commerce (2005). In addition, Spa Adriana's work was featured in American Salon. Adriana Vater was honored with the Top 50 Most Influential Women in Business Award given by the Long Island Business News (2009), and named Businesswoman of Distinction (2005) by Huntington, NY's Town Board. For more information, please visit us online at http://www.spaadriana.com, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Appointment Hotline at (631) 351-1555.
- Cultural Council for Palm Beach County Welcomes 180 to CULTURE & COCKTAILS Spotlighting Four Local Th
- CDF Attorneys Named to 2020 List of Southern California Super Lawyers®
- LTL Truckers Freightliner–Peterbilt independents increasing MPG by Reducing Carbon Pollution ECOF
- Music Manager/Dad Creates A Pathway To Success For His Daughters In A Highly-Competitive Industry!
- Awesome Family Spring Break Destinations
- Arylamine N-acetyltransferase Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
- Kitchen Social announces date night cooking classes for Valentine's Day weekend
- Original Phone Directory Removal Service Re-Brands ".org" Opt-Out Service to YellowPagesDirectory
- Bull Riding Super Stars Return to Hobbs for first stop of the Tuff Hedeman Bull Riding Tour
- Rape Victim Strikes Back At Janitorial Industry Giant
- Norman Love Confections limited edition gourmet chocolate flavors will make your heart dance for joy
- Lee BIA Builders Care's 2019 Charity Clay Shoot raises funds for upcoming project
- Regional Real Estate Company With Appetite And Capital To Expand
- Stella Hall Calls The Shots, Writes The Scripts, & Changes The Game!
- Ediciones Laponia, a friendly publisher for indie authors
- Global Food Health Innovation Summit Premiers In New York Connecting Global Food Industry Leaders, Experts & More
- Featured Vehicle: 2015 BMW 3 Series 320I
- Tarps Now® Increases Heavy Duty Tarps Line Up Due to Heavy Demand
- Security Bank Announces New Temple Location
- Disrupt Food Summit Announce 2020 Theme And Food-Tech20 Innovation Award