Popular on eTradeWire
- Mona Clayton, RN Launches Mix & Mentor emPOWER Hour Global Tour at Hotel 50 Bowery 119
- Even Neutral Switzerland Can't Stomach Philip Morris
- Radio Vet Connie Birth returns to The Spin Awards as the Red Carpet host
- Justices Free Up Funding For Trump's Wall
- Variety – The Children's Charity of Wisconsin CEO on Modern Living with kathy ireland®
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Abilene Celebrates Topping Off
- Goldberg Brothers ships new folding barn door hardware
- Shuvu Banim Announces Israeli Rabbi Eliyahu Merav Video Statement of Support for Rabbi Berland
- Armsons teams up with Repton School for new sports facilities
- Macy's Caves Over "Fat Shaming," But Maybe It Works
Similar on eTradeWire
- Fresenius Kabi to Deliver Two Spotlight Sessions at SMi's Pharmaceutical Manufacturing & Cleanroom
- Saranas Recognized as One of Houston's Most Innovative Companies
- Physicians' Primary Care of Southwest Florida Adds Two New Family Medicine Physicians
- Sunknowledge Services Inc Caters Superior HME Billing Assistance
- What is Infusion Therapy and an Infusion Center?
- SKY Telecom's Telemedicine Group Launches
- Expert Techniques in Facial Plastic Surgery book
- Top Facial Plastic Surgeon published article on Midface Surgery
- Nova Health Florence Clinic to Offer Urgent Care Services and Complimentary Blood Pressure Checks Starting August 16
- MedTrainer's Ted Gottis to Share Strategies for Provider Credentialing at 2019 Community Health Expo
The lectures will cover a wide range of topics and will be open to medical professionals and to the public. The inaugural lecture, "Bloodless Medicine and Surgery, An Introduction to the Jehovah's Witness Patient," was held February 4.
The Mudra Foundation, based in Muttontown, NY, was founded by Dr. (Mrs) Arti Datta & Dr. Rajiv Datta, Chair of the Department of Surgery and Director of the Gertrude and Louis Feil Cancer Center at South Nassau. The foundation uses the artistic medium of dance and music to raise funds and awareness to aid the mission and vision of other non-profit educational and charitable organizations.
"Each lecture will serve as a platform to herald and learn about the plans, projects and goals that distinguished physicians and medical professionals are pursuing or implementing to meet the world's need for high-quality, accessible medicine," said Dr. Arti Datta, Artistic Director of Mudra Dance Studio, Muttontown, NY, and founding president of the foundation.
More on eTradeWire News
- "The Dexan Queen of Speed" by Dr Fy is published
- Recipe for Success in Playtacular's Refreshing New Root Beer Float Challenge Game
- GBKSOFT Offers the Development of Custom On-demand Service Apps with the Use of Ready-Made Modules at Affordable Prices
- Jamie Whitmore, Paralympic Cyclist to appear at Omaha Connect Ride
- "iCrime Uber" by Ian Purdie is published
South Nassau has a growing role as a teaching hospital. Currently, the hospital staff has resident training programs in surgery, OB/GYN, family medicine, podiatry and is starting an internal medicine residency program this year. Dr. Rajiv Datta said he and his family decided to underwrite the lecture series as a way of fostering medical education at South Nassau, where he has spent the bulk of his career as a physician leader, overseeing the Department of Surgery.
The inaugural lecture, "Bloodless Medicine and Surgery, An Introduction to the Jehovah's Witness Patient," was held February 4 and presented by Cedric K. Olivera, MD, MS, FACOG, FACS, assistant clinical professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
"I felt it was important for us to find a way to give back to the hospital that has been so good to us and to the community," Dr. Rajiv Datta said.
The Long Island flagship hospital of the Mount Sinai Health System, South Nassau® Communities Hospital is Designated a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for outstanding nursing care. South Nassau is one of the region's largest hospitals with 455 beds, more than 900 physicians and 3,500 employees. Located in Oceanside, NY, the hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art care in cardiac, oncologic, orthopedic, bariatric, pain management, mental health and emergency medicine.
More on eTradeWire News
- Attivo Networks® to Present on Deception-Based Threat Detection at ILTACON 2019
- DigiFabster Introduces Shift 3D as Platinum Reseller Partner
- Can smelling good change your life?
- Enmarket to Raise Funds Throughout August for LLS's Light the Night
- Newark will Host National Opportunity Zone Pitch Competition on October 17
In addition to its extensive outpatient specialty centers, South Nassau provides emergency and elective angioplasty, and offers Novalis Tx™ and Gamma Knife® radiosurgery technologies. South Nassau operates the only Trauma Center on the South Shore of Nassau County verified by the American College of Surgeons as well as Long Island's only free-standing, 9-1-1 receiving Emergency Department in Long Beach. It is also is a designated Stroke Center by the New York State Department of Health and Comprehensive Community Cancer Center by the American College of Surgeons, and is an accredited center of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Association and Quality Improvement Program.
In addition, the hospital has been awarded the Joint Commission's gold seal of approval for disease-specific care for stroke, hip and knee replacement, heart failure, bariatric surgery, wound care and end-stage renal disease. For more information, visit www.southnassau.org.
Damian J. Becker
South Nassau Communities Hospital
- Criminal Sexual Conduct Lawyer Lynne Torgerson averts criminal sexual conduct charges against client
- John R. Wood Announces Top Producers for July 2019
- Metroplex Premier League Founding Member Division 4 Rookie Amateur REAL UNION F.C
- Open Road Girl Hosts All Womens Ride At Vette City Motorcycle Music Fest
- Former Disney Animator has Gone to the Dogs
- The Bridge Experience is Set to Take People on a Powerful Personal Journey to Kick Start 2020 Decade
- Mark McKenzie Promoted to Excavation and Construction Manager at Roto-Rooter Plumbers of Savannah
- Mentoring for Leadership by Top Execs and Elected Officials Made Easy with the Twelve@Twelve
- Conglomerate of Women Owned Businesses launch the Southern Crescent's First Funding Pitch
- Enmarket Opens Newly Renovated Downtown MLK Store in Savannah – Redesigned with Community in Mind
- "That Which Was Lost: The Deltic Disaster – Part Two" by Jeff Vawter is published
- Introducing: Keller Covered – Home Insurance Made Simple
- PAG.law Attorneys Ranked Among Nation's Top Law Firms by Chambers & Partners
- Never Before On Amazon: A First
- Has the Polio Virus returned to complete its original devastating attack
- Local Marketing companies Launches a Social Media Platform For Contractors
- Stay Frosty Enterprises Goes Live On Amazon
- Documentary Film "Harlem School 1970" by Phil Gries Reviewed on the GingerNewYork TV Show
- Rapper Young Steens signs with 1017 Brick Squad Records
- The Property Shop to Open August 23rd and Hold Back to School Drive Aug. 24th