Popular on eTradeWire
- Mexico Investment Casting Facility Announces Robotic Expansion 233
- Menke to present at the 2019 Employee Ownership Conference 207
- EmeryStation West lease with Novartis 192
- The Frontline Falls Behind: Ineffective Training Threatens Financial Institutions, Says Support EXP 152
- Jill Liberman & Sean Kanan To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday Marcy 27, 2019 136
- NAACP Reveals Nominations For The 28th Annual Theatre Awards 134
- Hip-Hop Music Industry 2019 News 131
- Vacation Rental Puerta a la Playa joins the VisitLaManzanilla.com family 128
- Sales Jobs in Houston a Hidden Secret
- Single Mom Sarah Centrella Goes from Poverty to Best Selling Author Thanks to Her "Vision Boards"
Similar on eTradeWire
- Louisiana Firm Bullock Campbell Bullock & Harris P.C. Specializes in Obtaining Financial Relief for Mesothelioma Sufferers
- Nova Urgent Care Donates AED to Ted Norman Memorial Baseball Complex
- Save the date for SMi's 10th Annual Biosimilars Conference 2019
- Physicians' Primary Care Physicians Named Top Doctors
- Touched by Type 1 Diabetes Annual Conference in Orlando - May 18th – Rosen Shingle Creek
- Oral Ketamine Shown Effective for Depression, but Slower Than Other Forms of Ketamine
- What is Familial Amyloid Polyneuropathy?
- Ferber Dental Group Creates Custom Smiles with High-Quality Veneers in Lake Worth
- James Corbett Delivers the 26th Annual Shallenberger Keynote at John Hopkins
- The Mathew Forbes Romer Foundation Raises Over $90,000 and Continues Advancements in Gene Therapy
The lectures will cover a wide range of topics and will be open to medical professionals and to the public. The inaugural lecture, "Bloodless Medicine and Surgery, An Introduction to the Jehovah's Witness Patient," was held February 4.
The Mudra Foundation, based in Muttontown, NY, was founded by Dr. (Mrs) Arti Datta & Dr. Rajiv Datta, Chair of the Department of Surgery and Director of the Gertrude and Louis Feil Cancer Center at South Nassau. The foundation uses the artistic medium of dance and music to raise funds and awareness to aid the mission and vision of other non-profit educational and charitable organizations.
"Each lecture will serve as a platform to herald and learn about the plans, projects and goals that distinguished physicians and medical professionals are pursuing or implementing to meet the world's need for high-quality, accessible medicine," said Dr. Arti Datta, Artistic Director of Mudra Dance Studio, Muttontown, NY, and founding president of the foundation.
More on eTradeWire News
- C-FLUOR Submersible Probes, Ultra Low-Power sensors
- Six Years After Tragedy Rachael's First Week is Still Going Strong Educating Teens
- Invaluable Service for Older Drivers and Their Concerned Families
- Lakeside Pottery Studio Awarded the Better Business Bureau's 2019 Torch Award for Ethics
- Why 'Knot?' Celebrate National Pretzel Day Friday, April 26 at Bavarian Inn Restaurant
South Nassau has a growing role as a teaching hospital. Currently, the hospital staff has resident training programs in surgery, OB/GYN, family medicine, podiatry and is starting an internal medicine residency program this year. Dr. Rajiv Datta said he and his family decided to underwrite the lecture series as a way of fostering medical education at South Nassau, where he has spent the bulk of his career as a physician leader, overseeing the Department of Surgery.
The inaugural lecture, "Bloodless Medicine and Surgery, An Introduction to the Jehovah's Witness Patient," was held February 4 and presented by Cedric K. Olivera, MD, MS, FACOG, FACS, assistant clinical professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
"I felt it was important for us to find a way to give back to the hospital that has been so good to us and to the community," Dr. Rajiv Datta said.
The Long Island flagship hospital of the Mount Sinai Health System, South Nassau® Communities Hospital is Designated a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for outstanding nursing care. South Nassau is one of the region's largest hospitals with 455 beds, more than 900 physicians and 3,500 employees. Located in Oceanside, NY, the hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art care in cardiac, oncologic, orthopedic, bariatric, pain management, mental health and emergency medicine.
More on eTradeWire News
- Formula Cloud: Become Data Resilient... Jump Start Your Mission with AWS Storage Options
- New Video Explores DANGERS OF BUI
- Join Artemis Women In Action Film Festival for an Incredible 4-Day Celebration of Female Action & Empowerment Heroes, Starting Thurs., April 25, 2019!
- Global Warming – Reduce Carbon Pollution & Particulates ECO Fuel Systems, LLC
- Check out the simple procedure to change Yahoo password
In addition to its extensive outpatient specialty centers, South Nassau provides emergency and elective angioplasty, and offers Novalis Tx™ and Gamma Knife® radiosurgery technologies. South Nassau operates the only Trauma Center on the South Shore of Nassau County verified by the American College of Surgeons as well as Long Island's only free-standing, 9-1-1 receiving Emergency Department in Long Beach. It is also is a designated Stroke Center by the New York State Department of Health and Comprehensive Community Cancer Center by the American College of Surgeons, and is an accredited center of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Association and Quality Improvement Program.
In addition, the hospital has been awarded the Joint Commission's gold seal of approval for disease-specific care for stroke, hip and knee replacement, heart failure, bariatric surgery, wound care and end-stage renal disease. For more information, visit www.southnassau.org.
Damian J. Becker
South Nassau Communities Hospital
- Millenium SynthFuels Announces The Success of It's Exhaust Gas Clean-up Technologies
- Fennemore Craig Attorneys Recognized in AZ Big Media List of Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona for 2019
- Declassification of CBD in Texas Clears Path for Radix Remedies Store Openings
- New Dance Academy with a Passion for Humble
- El Dorado Furniture is hiring for various positions in Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Lee counties!
- KSPS Productions Nominated for Two 2018 Northwest Regional Professional Emmy® Awards
- 9th St. Louis Teen Talent Competition Finals Winners Announced
- The Spring Carlisle Auction Readies for Two Days of Fast Paced Excitement
- Carlisle Events Celebrates the Summer of '69 During the 2019 Event Season
- ABCO Energy Announces Results of Operations for 2018
- Raritan Valley Dance Ensemble to perform at The Center for Contemporary Art
- CourseFromScratch.Com Reviews - Danielle Leslie's High Ticket Program
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer To Speak at Governor's Fitness Awards in Detroit
- British Swim School Is On The Move To Canada
- Christian Music Site, Indieheaven.com, Closes
- New Silva UltraMind book helps you unleash your personal power
- International House at UC Berkeley to Recognize Notable Alumna Baroness Oona King
- Dr Imafidon MBE gets honoured with the freedom of the City of London
- 5 Ways To Think Eco-Friendly When Clothes Shopping This Spring
- Agency on Aging Hosts 45th Annual Meeting & Community Partner Recognition Luncheon