Popular on eTradeWire
- Uniting Cultures through Art and spreading Freedom - BantuFest Organization speaks on it 351
- Chubb Announced as Official Insurance Provider and Main Sponsor of 29th Edition of Art Miami 316
- Greenoak North America expands its operations in China 195
- First Corporate Clothing Working On Exciting Ranges 185
- Numbers of Women in Construction Falling 1 Company of self-employed Women Plumbers Stopping the Flow 178
- The Green Moustache Launches Frontfundr Campaign Today 176
- Tillman Infrastructure announced as key sponsor at Comms Finance World 2018 159
- Annual Turkey Bowl to be held by music artist, songwriter, entrepreneur Reem of 0017th 115
- Aspen Digital Life™ Closes Initial Funding Round
- Pioneer Landscape Centers Appoints Company Veteran As Chief Operating Officer
Similar on eTradeWire
- Top Doctors and Institutions in Sarcoidosis Research and Treatment
- Biocair finishes 2018 with new offices across the US, Europe, Africa and Asia
- Serial Entrepreneur Gianluca De Novi, Ph.D. brings XSurgical to the US
- Colbert Packaging Announces New Website
- Anchorage Dentist Offers Extended Hours, Same Day Dental, and Emergency Appointments for All Alaskans
- PriorAuth ONLINE is The Prior Authorization Company That Rules The Roost
- Non Emergency Medical Transportation Accreditation Commission Welcomes New Advisory Board Members
- Candle Light Cove set to host Holiday Open House
- The 17th Annual Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) Symposium -- Miami Beach, FL, January 19-20, 2019
- Sussex IM Awarded ISO 13485 Certification For Medical Device Design And Manufacture
Mount Sinai and South Nassau are positioned to expand access to innovative approaches in patient care, treatment, and research to the communities of Long Island. The comprehensive agreement has been given enthusiastic support of the boards of directors of both institutions and signifies a commitment to transform care delivery by providing the highest quality of care and health management for all populations.
"Our collective goal is to provide the highest quality of care to patients on Long Island," said Kenneth L. Davis, MD, President and CEO of Mount Sinai Health System. "By extending tertiary-level hospital services to South Nassau, we are able to complement our existing network of talented clinicians and facilities in order to better serve the community."
"Mount Sinai is a world-class institution with a leading medical school, and this affiliation will allow our patients to have access to some of the top physicians and most advanced treatments available," said Richard J. Murphy, South Nassau's President and CEO. "It also will help South Nassau reach the next level in our role as a growing regional medical center."
More on eTradeWire News
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Commonwealth Real Estate names Phil Fougere Marketing Director
- Owen-Ames-Kimball Company completes Parish Life Center at St. John XXIII Catholic Church
- Terrorism Threatens The Fate Of All Humankind In "The Divine Affliction" By Author Robert M Fleisher
- Solar added to Wendell Falls Model Home
- A Successful Totally Nutz® Franchisee is also a Full-Time Engineer
- Cake By Courtney Launches her Line of Cake Tools
- City Barbeque launches improved online ordering, enhanced app
As part of the relationship, Mount Sinai will provide $120 million to help expand South Nassau's campus and services, including plans for a new four-story addition in Oceanside with an expanded Emergency Department and new intensive care beds and surgical suites.
"Our affiliation with Mount Sinai provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to combine their comprehensive network of coordinated primary, acute, and specialized health care services, along with an internationally renowned school of medicine, with the health care needs of the communities we serve," said Joseph J. Fennessy, Chairman of South Nassau's Board of Directors. "Mount Sinai is about advancing the science of medicine while improving patient outcomes, which is why this is a good fit with South Nassau's culture. Patients on Long Island should not have to travel to Manhattan for world-class care."
"Over the past 10 months we have been working diligently to prepare to combine Mount Sinai's academic, clinical, and research expertise with South Nassau's community-based care, "says Arthur Klein, MD, President of the Mount Sinai Health Network. "Already, Mount Sinai specialists are collaborating with physicians at South Nassau to provide more specialized, advanced care. We are also working together to secure important new recruitments. Mount Sinai and South Nassau have received approval for a new allopathic internal medicine residency program, to advance the academic mission of South Nassau Communities Hospital and to ensure a dedicated physician work force. Our vision is to provide seamless, high-quality integrated care to patients."
South Nassau's Board of Directors announced its plans with Mount Sinai in January 2018 after having signed a nonbinding letter of intent in May of 2017. During the past 10 months, Mount Sinai and South Nassau have worked together to prepare to combine Mount Sinai's academic, clinical, and research expertise with South Nassau's award winning community-based care, particularly in the areas of heart and cancer treatments.
More on eTradeWire News
- G-dot & Born x Soulslicers - Drippin Soul (EP)
- Viral Cake Sensation, "Cake By Courtney," Announces the Launch of Her New Cake of the Month Club
- SysGen Announces Promotion of Ryan Richardet to President
- Comedian Marc Yaffee Kicks Off 2019 Comedy At Joker's Comedy Club
- Adrenaline Fundraising to Exhibit at the 2019 East Coast Inside Baseball Coaches Clinic
- Temperature Verification in Wine Cellars Using a Data Logger
- Georgia's Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful Announces Drop Off Sites for Bring One for the Chipper 2019
South Nassau's Board of Directors will be retained and direct the day-to-day operations of the Oceanside campus. The South Nassau and Mount Sinai boards will share representation on each other's boards, with South Nassau's Chairman, Mr. Fennessy, serving on the Mount Sinai Executive Committee.
This has been approved by the New York State Department of Health, the New York State Attorney General, and the New York State Department of Education. It has also won the support of local community leaders and elected officials who welcome Mount Sinai to Long Island.
The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 18 nationally in the 2018-2019 "Best Hospitals" issue of U.S. News & World Report, and is ranked nationally in 11 adult medical specialties. South Nassau operates the only Trauma Center on the South Shore of Nassau County, along with Long Island's only free-standing Emergency Department in Long Beach. The hospital also is nationally recognized for its nursing care and has received honors for orthopedic treatment and women's care from Healthgrades, a national independent rating agency.
South Nassau is in the midst of a strategic growth initiative that has transformed it into a provider of regional, acute care hospital-based services as well as a comprehensive network of specialty health care centers. The cornerstones of South Nassau's growth strategy are planned expansion projects to build a four-story Southwest Addition, a three-story parking structure, and a new central utility plant and electrical emergency facility on the hospital's main campus in Oceanside and a Medical Arts Pavilion at its Long Beach campus.
For more information go to http://www.southnassau.org.
Damian J. Becker
South Nassau Communities Hospital
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Goldsboro Strike Eagles FC as North Carolina Expansion Team
- FoldiMate, the Robotic Laundry Folding Machine, Demos a Fully Functional Prototype at CES
- 2018 MBMA Annual Report Now Available for Building Design and Construction Professionals
- Conti Solar, National EPC Services Firm, Closes 2018 With 650 MW of Solar Projects
- Volume 3 of ARSC Award-Nominated Beatles Recording Reference Manual Series Out Now
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Welcomes Cinebistro at CityPlace Doral as a New Platinum Member
- Driftscape announces partnership with the Distillery District
- Dreaming of the Perfect Wedding?
- Danalock Smart Lock Featured in Z-Wave Smart Home Demo House at CES 2019
- Fire-Rated Safety Glass, LITEFLAM, Nabs the 2018 Reader's Choice Award!
- Curly D's Juteux Lip Balm Makes Perfect $7 Clean Beauty Holiday Gift
- LuckyDiem Announces Alliance with Screenvision Media Bringing Local Rewards to Moviegoers
- Master ConcessionAir delivers interactive experience at Orlando International Samsonite store
- General Micro Systems Receives Honors in Military & Aerospace Electronics 2018 Innovation Program
- Texas Trust Credit Union Hosts Financial Reality Fair
- New Students Can Enroll in Allentown Elementary School at EEACS
- A Season For Giving – Part 2 – The Gift of Hope
- Orange Effect Foundation Announces New Board Members
- Michael Foy of J.D. Power Explores How the Wealth Management Sector Can Integrate Human and Technological Touch Points to Maximize Customer Experience
- A Season For Giving – Part 1 – The Gift of Life