Popular on eTradeWire
- New Trend? - Hopkins Joins Loyola and Arizona in Arresting Protestors 5422
- Expired Ford Warranty Alternatives Helping Drivers Find Automotive Peace of Mind 158
- Local quality of life services agency director, Dr. Anthony M. McCrovitz, invited as keynote speaker for Rehabilitation Forum in Saudi Arabia 136
- Less than 2 weeks until SMi's 19th Annual Pain Therapeutics Conference in London 106
- EPIC Crude Oil Pipeline Announces Re-Opening of Second Open Season
- Sprrkle Media acquired Hollywood Silver Screen Network to expand to community building
- Census - Asking About Citizenship May Be Legal, Even Required
- Ivy Ray @iam_ivyray featured on the 2 HOT 4 AIRWAVES Compilation Vol 3 #YouTube and #Spotify
- Special Event Held at Munger's Premier Subaru Job Site
- Digisonics Collaborates with Dr. Charles Mullins on Pediatric Cardiology Reporting Solution
Similar on eTradeWire
- Arch Enterprises Precious Metal Refining
- Thiel College hosts local community for Sharon Regional health and wellness series
- Non Emergency Medical Transportation Accreditation Commission (NEMTAC) Announces the Appointment of Advisory Board Members
- Missing link to Chronic Heel Pain Discovered
- Dr. Richard Chaffoo wins multiple awards from 2019 Aesthetic Everything
- SOS® - Siren-Operated Sensor Advances Electronic Gate Opening with Two New Products
- CME Symposium-Tailoring LDL-C-Lowering Therapy to Patient Cardiovascular Risk: Identifying Effective Strategies for Patients with Diabetes
- Top Docs Awards names Chirocarolina the top chiropractor
- New Website Has Oak Bay Making It Easier For Patients
- Alisa Van Sickle, RN, Appointed to the Board for the Home Care Association of Washington
Mount Sinai and South Nassau are positioned to expand access to innovative approaches in patient care, treatment, and research to the communities of Long Island. The comprehensive agreement has been given enthusiastic support of the boards of directors of both institutions and signifies a commitment to transform care delivery by providing the highest quality of care and health management for all populations.
"Our collective goal is to provide the highest quality of care to patients on Long Island," said Kenneth L. Davis, MD, President and CEO of Mount Sinai Health System. "By extending tertiary-level hospital services to South Nassau, we are able to complement our existing network of talented clinicians and facilities in order to better serve the community."
"Mount Sinai is a world-class institution with a leading medical school, and this affiliation will allow our patients to have access to some of the top physicians and most advanced treatments available," said Richard J. Murphy, South Nassau's President and CEO. "It also will help South Nassau reach the next level in our role as a growing regional medical center."
More on eTradeWire News
- Direct Referrals Put Professional Service Firms at Risk
- FairyClean Janitorial is taking the commercial & office cleaning to the next level
- LIGHT WORK by Howard Jackson is published
- On The Run - By Scott Stevens - Officially Released By Sunbury Press!
- Tai Lopez Reviews - Tai Lopez Reveals "How to Get Rich"
As part of the relationship, Mount Sinai will provide $120 million to help expand South Nassau's campus and services, including plans for a new four-story addition in Oceanside with an expanded Emergency Department and new intensive care beds and surgical suites.
"Our affiliation with Mount Sinai provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to combine their comprehensive network of coordinated primary, acute, and specialized health care services, along with an internationally renowned school of medicine, with the health care needs of the communities we serve," said Joseph J. Fennessy, Chairman of South Nassau's Board of Directors. "Mount Sinai is about advancing the science of medicine while improving patient outcomes, which is why this is a good fit with South Nassau's culture. Patients on Long Island should not have to travel to Manhattan for world-class care."
"Over the past 10 months we have been working diligently to prepare to combine Mount Sinai's academic, clinical, and research expertise with South Nassau's community-based care, "says Arthur Klein, MD, President of the Mount Sinai Health Network. "Already, Mount Sinai specialists are collaborating with physicians at South Nassau to provide more specialized, advanced care. We are also working together to secure important new recruitments. Mount Sinai and South Nassau have received approval for a new allopathic internal medicine residency program, to advance the academic mission of South Nassau Communities Hospital and to ensure a dedicated physician work force. Our vision is to provide seamless, high-quality integrated care to patients."
South Nassau's Board of Directors announced its plans with Mount Sinai in January 2018 after having signed a nonbinding letter of intent in May of 2017. During the past 10 months, Mount Sinai and South Nassau have worked together to prepare to combine Mount Sinai's academic, clinical, and research expertise with South Nassau's award winning community-based care, particularly in the areas of heart and cancer treatments.
More on eTradeWire News
- National Sportscaster Fred Wallin to Provide Commentary on TVS Streaming Sports Networks
- Thomas William Furniture Spalted Hall Table
- How to grab deals for last minute hotel reservations
- Science Fiction & Fantasy Author Releases Second Audiobook To Space Opera Series
- Independent Film Movement Celebrates Black Filmmakers and Women of Color At 72nd Festival de Cannes
South Nassau's Board of Directors will be retained and direct the day-to-day operations of the Oceanside campus. The South Nassau and Mount Sinai boards will share representation on each other's boards, with South Nassau's Chairman, Mr. Fennessy, serving on the Mount Sinai Executive Committee.
This has been approved by the New York State Department of Health, the New York State Attorney General, and the New York State Department of Education. It has also won the support of local community leaders and elected officials who welcome Mount Sinai to Long Island.
The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 18 nationally in the 2018-2019 "Best Hospitals" issue of U.S. News & World Report, and is ranked nationally in 11 adult medical specialties. South Nassau operates the only Trauma Center on the South Shore of Nassau County, along with Long Island's only free-standing Emergency Department in Long Beach. The hospital also is nationally recognized for its nursing care and has received honors for orthopedic treatment and women's care from Healthgrades, a national independent rating agency.
South Nassau is in the midst of a strategic growth initiative that has transformed it into a provider of regional, acute care hospital-based services as well as a comprehensive network of specialty health care centers. The cornerstones of South Nassau's growth strategy are planned expansion projects to build a four-story Southwest Addition, a three-story parking structure, and a new central utility plant and electrical emergency facility on the hospital's main campus in Oceanside and a Medical Arts Pavilion at its Long Beach campus.
For more information go to http://www.southnassau.org.
Damian J. Becker
South Nassau Communities Hospital
- Learning To Lead Hits the Wall Street Journal Best Seller List
- PHCPPros Principals Pass 5-Year Leadership Mark
- Medina, Ohio Municipal Court Live With Benchmark From Pioneer Technology Group
- Film Pioneer, Jessie Maple to Release Memoir, The Maple Crew
- Cinema St. Louis announces winners of sixth Cinema at Citygarden juried competition
- Avow Foundation Hosts IRAs" Estate and Year-End Planning Panel
- Arch Enterprises Precious Metal Refining
- Snell & Wilmer Partner Elizabeth Weldon Achieves Board Certification in Franchise & Distribution Law
- asys Joins RTM Engineering Consultants
- Pace Center for Girls, Lee County announces June 4 Love That Dress! collection event
- Best ISO Certification Co. Ltd receives first FDA recognized Third-Party Accreditation from IAS
- Stonehurst Place Features in Midtown Atlanta's 2019 Open Garden Stroll
- Nationwide Boiler Inc. Donates Record Amount Following Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- Barnfind USA to Demonstrate New Frame at InfoComm 2019
- Road Condition Monitoring to Prove Process Efficiency
- See Clearly on the Roads.Tips to Prevent Windshield Damage
- RTM Engineering Consultants Announces New Acquisition
- DigitalGlue Expands Globecast's Signal Monitoring Capabilities with Support for 92 HEVC Channels
- The Big Bang's "Super Asymmetry" Isn't Just Bazinga
- Partner's Elizabeth Krol Wins 2019 PRISM Award