Popular on eTradeWire
- Searchaerospace achieves first milestone listing repair capabilities 215
- Anna Faktorovich Announces Candidacy for Mayor of Quanah, Texas 192
- XOV prepares to launch its bank-grade digital payments arm, Slipstream, for cryptocurrency 177
- PacketSled Recognized by SC Media as a Finalist for Best Computer Forensic Solution 163
- Ring Power Corporation Appoints Alban President 147
- Paras Biopharmaceuticals Finland Oy Announces Successful Development of Biologically Active Romiplostim (N-Plate® Biosimilar) Production Technology 102
- The Hype Magazine Signs Exclusive Podcast Agreement With Digital Soapbox Network
- Delta Hotels Saskatoon Downtown Undergoes Transformation and Rebranding
- Foolay DC Releases New Single: Know What It Is
- Future-Proof Your Brewery in 2019
Similar on eTradeWire
- Magnolias of Lancaster's Executive Director Brings Diverse Background
- LoBue & Majdalany Achieves Association Management Company (AMC) Institute Accreditation for 15th year
- Pre-Filled Syringes - Chemical Compatibility and Design Strategies
- Leading Tattoo Removal Clinic in Atlanta Now Uses PRO-NOX
- MedAware Systems to present new research at the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology
- Do you need a post-accident drug test? It depends
- Teeth grinding treatment begins with proper diagnosis
- Bishop Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Promotes February as Heart Disease Awareness Month
- Acute Pain Therapies Welcomes Chronic Pain Management Physician Christina Julian, MD
- New Study Identifies Drug to Regenerate Elderly Muscles
Mount Sinai and South Nassau are positioned to expand access to innovative approaches in patient care, treatment, and research to the communities of Long Island. The comprehensive agreement has been given enthusiastic support of the boards of directors of both institutions and signifies a commitment to transform care delivery by providing the highest quality of care and health management for all populations.
"Our collective goal is to provide the highest quality of care to patients on Long Island," said Kenneth L. Davis, MD, President and CEO of Mount Sinai Health System. "By extending tertiary-level hospital services to South Nassau, we are able to complement our existing network of talented clinicians and facilities in order to better serve the community."
"Mount Sinai is a world-class institution with a leading medical school, and this affiliation will allow our patients to have access to some of the top physicians and most advanced treatments available," said Richard J. Murphy, South Nassau's President and CEO. "It also will help South Nassau reach the next level in our role as a growing regional medical center."
More on eTradeWire News
- Teamwork and Dedication Proves to be a Winning Combination for Award Recipients
- Dutch Creative Space Teams with International Fashion House Nighthousee
- CRAYRATE.COM: Review or Rate, Meet & Repeat
- Congestion today for a better VIC future
- Orange Fire Department Members Practice Ice Rescue Techniques
- The Law Office of Mark Humphreys announces the settlement of another case in the DFW area
- PODS® Las Vegas offers 6 helpful tips to dust away the spring-cleaning blues
As part of the relationship, Mount Sinai will provide $120 million to help expand South Nassau's campus and services, including plans for a new four-story addition in Oceanside with an expanded Emergency Department and new intensive care beds and surgical suites.
"Our affiliation with Mount Sinai provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to combine their comprehensive network of coordinated primary, acute, and specialized health care services, along with an internationally renowned school of medicine, with the health care needs of the communities we serve," said Joseph J. Fennessy, Chairman of South Nassau's Board of Directors. "Mount Sinai is about advancing the science of medicine while improving patient outcomes, which is why this is a good fit with South Nassau's culture. Patients on Long Island should not have to travel to Manhattan for world-class care."
"Over the past 10 months we have been working diligently to prepare to combine Mount Sinai's academic, clinical, and research expertise with South Nassau's community-based care, "says Arthur Klein, MD, President of the Mount Sinai Health Network. "Already, Mount Sinai specialists are collaborating with physicians at South Nassau to provide more specialized, advanced care. We are also working together to secure important new recruitments. Mount Sinai and South Nassau have received approval for a new allopathic internal medicine residency program, to advance the academic mission of South Nassau Communities Hospital and to ensure a dedicated physician work force. Our vision is to provide seamless, high-quality integrated care to patients."
South Nassau's Board of Directors announced its plans with Mount Sinai in January 2018 after having signed a nonbinding letter of intent in May of 2017. During the past 10 months, Mount Sinai and South Nassau have worked together to prepare to combine Mount Sinai's academic, clinical, and research expertise with South Nassau's award winning community-based care, particularly in the areas of heart and cancer treatments.
More on eTradeWire News
- Storage Media Group to Sponsor Upcoming Storage Technology Showcase Conference
- Cavignac & Associates Hires Jessica Rodriguez as Surety Department Account Administrator
- Imperial Properties Upgrades Resident Portal
- Roasters Coffee - Community Giving Day February 25th, 2019
- Fabless Semiconductor Startup OctoTech Inc. Introduces a New Innovative RF Product for BLE AoA / AoD Application
- "Austin & Charlie Adventures Across America" - Kid's Doggie Adventure Series Travels Across America
- South Shore Chamber Names Ryan Bristol, Vice President of Bristol Bros. Development Corp to Board
South Nassau's Board of Directors will be retained and direct the day-to-day operations of the Oceanside campus. The South Nassau and Mount Sinai boards will share representation on each other's boards, with South Nassau's Chairman, Mr. Fennessy, serving on the Mount Sinai Executive Committee.
This has been approved by the New York State Department of Health, the New York State Attorney General, and the New York State Department of Education. It has also won the support of local community leaders and elected officials who welcome Mount Sinai to Long Island.
The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 18 nationally in the 2018-2019 "Best Hospitals" issue of U.S. News & World Report, and is ranked nationally in 11 adult medical specialties. South Nassau operates the only Trauma Center on the South Shore of Nassau County, along with Long Island's only free-standing Emergency Department in Long Beach. The hospital also is nationally recognized for its nursing care and has received honors for orthopedic treatment and women's care from Healthgrades, a national independent rating agency.
South Nassau is in the midst of a strategic growth initiative that has transformed it into a provider of regional, acute care hospital-based services as well as a comprehensive network of specialty health care centers. The cornerstones of South Nassau's growth strategy are planned expansion projects to build a four-story Southwest Addition, a three-story parking structure, and a new central utility plant and electrical emergency facility on the hospital's main campus in Oceanside and a Medical Arts Pavilion at its Long Beach campus.
For more information go to http://www.southnassau.org.
Damian J. Becker
South Nassau Communities Hospital
- Now On Sight Repairs doubles your pleasure with tune-ups in your driveway or theirs
- Leadership Conference Recap from the Team at Thrive Events
- New Book Shows Women How to Have Career Success in Tech Today
- Author Jenn Sadai Plans for the Release of Her Sixth Novel
- Moss Construction Promotes Toby Manulak to Vice President
- 26.2 with DONNA Marathon is Reimagined in Neptune Beach
- Remote Pump Monitoring System Using a Modem Data Logger
- First of its Kind Investment Book Empowers Women to Close the Gender Investing Gap
- Apex Officer Launches VR Crisis Intervention Police Training Simulator for Law Enforcement Agencies
- FaithLauncher Acquired by GiveSendGo.com the largest free Christian Crowdfunding Site
- Neurolixis launches NLX-112 drug formulation collaboration with GALA laboratory in France
- Flowfinity Announces New Features for Faster Delivery of Robotic Process Automation in the Workplace
- FileCatalyst to Showcase a New Cloud-Based Service and New Updates at NAB 2019 in Las Vegas
- ArtInsuranceNow.com Offers Comprehensive Art Collectors Insurance Policies
- Northwestern Mutual Recognizes Financial Advisor Marc Rosenberg with National Awards
- Shell Point informational seminar coming to Cape Coral area March 13
- New publication by Dr. Matt Bogard: Stress Management, Build a Better Life
- Shell Point informational seminar coming to Naples area March 12
- South Coast Improvement, Co. completes renovation for 1251 Capital at 7-9 Newbury Street, Boston
- GCAM Hosts Opening Ceremony for New Plasma Center in Brownsville, TX