Popular on eTradeWire
- ForgingBlock has implemented Lightning Network and integrated more cryptocurrencies
- Could Carbonated Drinks Really Be Good For You?
- Get Help About Which Vanity Unit You Need To Add in Your Bathroom
- Get Your Kids Ready for their 1st 5K with help from the Rotary Santa Run
- All you need to know about Ozcrystal, the crystal knob online store
- Local PODS® Moving & Storage to collect toy donations for those in need
- 1MysticFactsCheck Provides The Truth About 1Mystic
- Dr. Artika Tyner's Book Takes Third Place in Children's Literature Contest
- Hacking Hollywood Film Summit and Pitch Fest
- Acclaimed Author Releases Latest Book for Young Readers
Similar on eTradeWire
- As Seen on FOX Business: Caris Company Ltd promotes the world's first Impact-resistant, Luminescent, Eco-friendly Recyclable PVC Safety Guardrails
- MBMA Introduces New Continuing Education Course: Creative Design Alternatives Using Metal Buildings
- Tejjy Inc Launched a New Website Focusing on Construction Management, BIM & Engineering
- Waveband Communications Introduces Accessories for the Motorola XPR7550
- A modern conference table can make you fall in love with meetings again
- Why you should hire commercial building contractors
- Winter is emergency furnace repair season in Green Bay
- MC Companies Announced As 2020 Top Company To Work Multifamily
- Updated Temporary Door Protection DoorGuard Plus Now Available from Builders Site Protection
- Silva Construction Added 5 Tips to the Home Remodeling Series
The 6500-square foot addition will be used for an after-school childcare on the first floor and supportive women's housing programs on the second. The addition and upgrades to the existing building also received a number of upgrades.
The project also included new features and upgrades to the existing building. Those included: new millwork in all new classrooms and pantries; new bathrooms for ykids program and residential program on separated floors; new pantries for ykids program and residential program on separated floors; new reception area with natural light from storefront system; new electrical wiring throughout existing building; rewired all historical lighting fixtures to accommodate upgraded wiring; new bluestone and flagstone walkway in front & back of building; and new wrought iron fence in front of building.
More on eTradeWire News
- Local Retailer Introduces New Way to Fight Food Insecurity
- Tiffany Oliver Receives Presidential Award For Excellence In Mathematics And Science Teaching
- Unreasonable Kids is Training the Next Generation of Kid Superheroes Through Social Entrepreneurship
- Colonial Courtyard at Bedford celebrates 'Family Christmas'
- LAI International Marks 40 Years as Global Leader in Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
"South Coast Improvement has been fortunate to be part of several big projects on the New Bedford waterfront," said Nicole Viveiros, the project manager for South Coast Improvement on the YWCA addition. "The completion of this addition will have a significant impact on families and women in the New Bedford area."
Davis Square Architects was project architect, with Women's Institute (WIHED) as the development consultant. Other members of the project team included: Boucher & Heureux, Inc. as the surveyor; Paul B Aldinger & Associates as the geotechnical engineer; Garcia Galuska DeSousa as the civil engineer; Devellis ZRein as the landscape architect; Struble Engineering as the structural engineer; BLW Engineers as the MEP/FP engineers; and Universal Environmental Consultants as the environmental engineer.
Work began last April and completed earlier this June. A grand opening event is tentatively scheduled for early August.
Prior to the YWCA project, South Coast Improvement was the general contractor for a renovation/buildout for the Moby Dick Brewing Company at 16 South Water Street in 2017. SCI was also the general contractor on a renovation project for the Waterfront Historic Area League (WHALE)--The Co-Creative Center on Union Street, which opened in March 2018. An additional South Coast Improvement project, the renovation of the former Standard-Times office building into a Renaissance Hotel at 218-226 Union Street, was completed last year.
More on eTradeWire News
- Fine Folk Pizza announced as a 2020 Toasty Awards finalist in Greatest of All Time Staff (GOAT)
- Montessori Schools Prepare Children for Elementary School
- Junior Achievement of North Florida Has Received a Grant from the Arby's Foundation
- Krueck + Sexton Founding Partner Mark Sexton Elected to IIT Board of Trustees
- autopom! Helping Drivers Cover Expensive RAM Truck Repairs
Based in Marion, Mass. and with an office in Reading, Pennsylvania, South Coast Improvement Co is a recognized leader in providing building and renovation services to a client base of senior living, healthcare, institutional and retail clients. For more information, please call 508-748-6545 or visit http://southcoastimprovement.com/.
- FIX Music Rewards Launches Next Generation Artist Tools
- West Tool Enclosures Announces Partnership with Protection and Control Solutions as Company Expands
- 3x Award-winning Book "Love Loss Light" Speaks to Those in Grief
- CDI Global Welcomes Saxenhammer & Co. as a New Member Firm in Germany
- Felinton Elder Law & Estate Planning Founder Says Financial & Asset Protection Planning Inseparable
- New Song Release by Mr Mischief called Gyal Dem Fire
- Mister Kaplan Investments, LLC Acquires Pelican Cove Vacation Condo at Landmark Resort
- Northwestern Mutual-Chicago Advisor Timothy Ninowski Receives CFP® Certification
- McCorkle Litigation Services, Inc., Chicago to remain independent
- Newly Formed Artist Collective In Miami To Release Series Of Small Paintings
- Michael Read LMT Launches a New Website
- Estate & Asset Protection Law Firm Founder Victoria Collier Introduces Readers to Death Doulas
- Luxury Brand Aurielle Launches "Ovalet", First Luxury Lockable Oval Bracelet Purse Hook
- Limerick Dentist Offering High-Quality, Low-Priced Dental Implants, Dentures, and More
- Architecturally Striking Monde Condominiums Feature 148,000 Square Feet of AGC Glass Products
- Axiomtek's 9th Generation Intel® Core™I AI Embedded System with NVIDIA GPU - The eBOX671-521-FL
- CIMdata Announces the First Public Product Lifecycle Management Certificate Program of 2020
- Dueling Pianos will rock the Bavarian Inn Restaurant
- Institute for Excellence in Sales Announces First-Ever Premier Sales Employers Guide and Designation
- John Gilbert of Rudin Management to Keynote at Connected Real Estate Summit