Popular on eTradeWire
- Jason Mitchell Is Named #1 Producing Real Estate Agent In Arizona In 2018 184
- NY Yankee Fans Turn Into Stars At Bronx Bomber Blues 145
- Dr. Paul Norwood peer reviews new scientific article related to the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes 141
- Participating Restaurants Announced Taste of Love 128
- Mercury Retrograde Celebrated by Tristate Astrologers on International Astrology Day 2019 124
- Black Diamond PR Firm announces new client, Atlanta Falcons Wide-Receiver, Mohamed Sanu 124
- William J. Bruce III to Return as Host to Aussie Osbourne Show 117
- Music Industry Month End Report for February 2019
- Jill Liberman & Sean Kanan To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday Marcy 27, 2019
Similar on eTradeWire
- Roasters Coffee - Community Giving Day March 25th, 2019
- Macro and Crimson Partners with Open Systems for An All-In-One Retail Solution: Macro CLASS
- NFL Star & Mogul Mommy Open Up Luxe Baby Store in the Shops at Hudson Yards New York City
- Steve Linder of Pacific Lots explains the benefits of investing in Costa Rica
- Three Square Market Hosts Over 65 Users From Across the U.S
- Wolf Furniture serves breakfast in bed to customers this weekend
- A Lesson in Treating Plus Size Girls with Dignity
- Local mattress retailer to serve breakfast in bed to customers this weekend
- XL North Adds New Distributors for its Concrete Surface Prep Products
- WaterCheck.biz Announces New Discount Program For All Veterans
In honor of the 20th anniversary of the beloved film Office Space and its iconic printer destruction scene, Cash4Toners is giving away $30 Visa Gift Cards to people who submit their best printer destruction video.
Cash4Toners asks aspiring cinematographers and printer killers to:
• Share their printer destruction video on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter by April 30, 2019 under a public profile.
• Tag it #Smash4Cash and #Cash4Toners
• Email Cash4Toners at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cash4Toners will send $30 Visa Gift Cards to the first 300 printer smash participants. Limit one per person. Cash4Toners Printer Smash sweepstakes is open to all and no purchase is necessary.
"We wanted to do something fun to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Office Space," said Cash4Toners CEO Sam Dirnfeld. "But we hope this promotion starts a serious conversation about recycling old electronic devices and office machines."
A United Nations study reported 44.7 million tons of e-waste was discarded in 2016, and only 20 percent of it was disposed of properly. So far, 25 states have passed laws requiring people to recycle old electronics. Most townships and municipalities schedule electronic waste collection pick-ups and/or have a public disposal center.
More on eTradeWire News
- World's First Visual Shows Evolution Of Eyelash Fashion Since 753 B.C
- Lumex Instruments Receive the Pittcon Today Excellence Award
- New single released by Mack Drama Records & BOBConsulting Group
- All-City Classic 302 Legends - Week 1 Wrap Up
- State of Nevada's Chief Information Officer (CIO) to Discuss Leadership at PMI Northern Nevada
Recycling professionals specialize in recycling computer peripherals and electronics. They may charge a small fee for the service, but professionals can safely remove any toxic items from the printer, and recycle every possible part. Dead printers can also be donated to charity. Some facilities collect, repair and donate printers to nonprofit organizations and other institutions. These donations are tax deductible and keep old printers and electronics out of landfills.
Recycling ink and toner cartridges is equally important for the environment. More than 375 million empty ink and toner cartridges are thrown in the trash each year. This is a staggering number, since it takes a hundred years or more for a single cartridge to fully decompose. Ink and toner cartridges are a major contributor to electronic waste, which is one of the fastest growing forms of waste.
Yet nearly 100% of the materials used to manufacture ink and toner cartridges can be recycled and reused, which in turn greatly reduces environmental pollutants and toxins released into landfills. Approximately one gallon of oil is utilized in the production of a new laser cartridge, meaning recycling toner cartridges can save millions of gallons of oil.
Most printer manufacturers — including HP, Epson, and Canon — have their own electronics recycling programs. Below are other options for proper printer disposal:
More on eTradeWire News
- Baltimore Pride: Former Daycare Owner Turns Children's Project into Popular Sweet Treats
- Miami Immigration Court grants release upon bond for Moldovan asylum seeker
- In a world with tragedy all around a new Fantasy Fiction brings relief
- Martin Brossman & Associates LLC Offers Professional Development Training With Simultaneous Webinar for CEU's at Low Cost
- Turbulent Times for Venezuela Deepens Teen Advocacy in 3rd Year of Support for Her Homeland
• Best Buy offers recycling options for a wide range of electronics.
• Green Vision Inc is not only at the forefront of e-waste recycling, its workforce provides meaningful jobs for people with autism!
• Amazon pays up to $200.91 (in the form of an Amazon gift card) for just about any kind of electronics device, as well as for music CDs and video games.
• Dell Reconnect is a partnership with Goodwill that accepts any brand of computer, as well as "just about anything that can be connected to a computer," according to the website. Used devices can be dropped at participating Goodwill locations around the country.
For additional information:
Cash4Toners Printer Smash promotional blog:
Cash4Toners Printer Smash promotional video:
- Saints Fans Finally Get Their Day
- Giving Back to the Community Bachata Social Fundraiser
- IT Disaster Recovery Plan Can Save Small Businesses From Going Bust
- Telliant Systems Encourages IT Students to Reach for the Stars
- Affiliated Parents Alliance (APA -NC) 501 (c) 3 initial board meeting
- Sci-Fi Author Announces Continuum To Revolutionary Space Opera Series
- Deltec International Group: Technology Driving Change Toward a Safer Banking Environment
- Carol Vasquez CD Release Event!
- The Payroll Company Launches Two-Part Article on Improving Employee Benefits Participation
- The Payroll Company, Inc., Announces Company's March 2019 Website Article Lineup
- Bronx Bomber Blues Media Internet Presence Is Exploding!
- VoidVR Announces I'm Fine VR Project
- Pete Laan - Let's Fake it til we make it!
- We must be much more careful when choosing whom to trust
- LARC Receives $12,150 Grant from The Southwest Florida Community Foundation
- Cloud Secrets: JEDI Cloud Contract Stirs Controversy, LA Moves to the Cloud + more
- Sensuron Expands Product Offering
- "Cost Effectiveness of Bundled Payments in Healthcare" Analysis by Dr. William Matzner
- Solvability Managing Partner Kathleen Wolf Selected as Panelist at GovCon
- Volunteer Pilot Dr. Matt Bogard shares his family's story of their Comanche Airplane