Popular on eTradeWire
- Award winner actor speaks about living with type 1 diabetes for almost 60 years - 336
- The Lashe® Customer Appreciation Month - 278
- 2nd Annual Florida Family & Faith International Film Festival Powered By AARP Florida Celebrates Caregivers This Thanksgiving Season - 196
- Aries Industries Celebrates Three Years of Successes Following Culture & Leadership Changeover - 192
- WFEAGL has released a ton of new Samsung bands for Christmas - 179
- Club Nine Pets Launches Limited-Edition 2022 Collection for Indulgent Dogs and Pet Parents - 177
- 90% Of Learning In The Workplace Happens On The Job - 175
- Meet Texan Author Patty Scott at Book Signing - 155
- Cummings Graduate Institute Celebrates New Doctor of Behavioral Health Graduates - 148
- Stonehurst Place hosts service members this 2021 Remembrance Day (UK & Canada) and Veteran's Day (USA) amidst newly published WWI history - 146
Similar on eTradeWire
- Exponential Power Launches DoD Hydrogen Gas Detector
- Pvilion Awarded 3 Times for Architectural Designs
- Nemko to acquire Professional Testing (EMI), Inc., an accredited and distinguished product testing organization
- Exact Solar Wins Best of Bucks Award 2021
- MiaSolé's Shatterproof Solar Technology Integrated into Renault Trucks
- Velo Solar is Changing the Face of Commercial Solar Energy
- Greasezilla® Shares Innovative Strategy for Brown Grease Recycling in the Alternative Energy Sector
- Robinson earns prestigious supplier Gold Award from Rolls-Royce
- Ver-Tex Construction Announces Major Expansion
- GSHK Holding and München Energieprodukte GmbH has signed a partnership
With this funding, the company plans to double the number of employees by the first quarter, focusing on local hires. They are also in the final stages of completing a test and research facility for electric motor testing right here in Canada.
This is the first of its kind for Canada's electric motor industry, with a focus on fault prediction analysis and renewable energy. It's also good news considering the total demand for energy use in industrial motors will more than double by 2040, notes Smartricity CEO Michael Sonsogno.
"This will be one of the most advanced electric motor and sensor development facilities of its kind in Canada and possibly in the world," Sonsogno says.
"We're proud to be an industry leader in this space, pushing Canada's green energy future-forward. This country has built more wind energy in the last decade or so than any other form of power. That's energizing more than 3 million homes from coast to coast."
More on eTradeWire News
- North Hills Resident Earns Third Place for Best Speaking and Leadership Coach in Global Contest
- Ideal Flexibility Upgrades to a New Location
- Los Angeles Based Author and Speaker Earns Award on Celebrity Author Stage
- Biden Planning to Quarantine US Citizens Returning From Abroad
- Dicture NFT Launch in Miami During Art Basel!
This new test and research facility will be located in Halton Hills, Ontario and is expected to be completed in the fall. It will provide the necessary testing grounds for Smartricity to make improvements to their motor designs and IoT systems.
"Ultimately, this testing will enable us to make smarter predictions for electric motors that can detect faults in electric motor systems up to 90 days in advance with 98% accuracy. This software makes electric motors more effective and easier to maintain," Sonsogno explains.
"With cutting-edge machine learning and AI-based software that focuses on motor predictability, our wind turbine operators can effectively reduce downtime from wind power operations. This will ensure wind power operators aren't just blowing hot air. They're really producing the power that Canadians need, when they need it."
While other motor and sensor manufacturers look to China and other overseas producers to reduce costs, Smartricity keeps its Canadian focus as a strategic advantage. "Since the pandemic, the cost of shipping a motor from China has gone up 10 times compared to what had been regular pricing," Sonsogno says.
More on eTradeWire News
- Call options activity on Nvidia stock is unusually high
- Schock Market Proposes Privatization of San Luis Obispo Water Distribution Program
- Maya Miranda Ambarsari Launches Interconnectdata Platform
- Top Markets For Medicare Supplement Insurance Reported By AAMSI
- AdvisorSmith Finds 64% of Small Businesses Unfamiliar With Cyber Insurance
Smartricity also utilizes motors with more environmentally-friendly materials. Their current Ventium Wind Pitch System utilizes a rare-earth magnet free Switched Reluctance Motor (SRM) design. This reduces the need to rely on environmentally destructive mining and processing operations in countries that do not have a commitment to environmentally friendly manufacturing.
- Armour Law Group Opens New Office in Titusville, FL
- Gulf Coast Village welcomes Xavier Duclos as executive chef
- The Big Savannah Toy Drive to Collect Holiday Gifts for Coastal Children's Advocacy Center
- Classic Theatre of Maryland presents the Christmas Cabaret!
- Mizner Country Club's Play For P.I.N.K. Committee Raises $30,000
- FaithLife Financial Implements ProComp' cloud-based New Business and Inforce Illustration System
- The Center for Contemporary Art receives grant from Investors Foundation
- Five Towns College Teams with Local Author to Produce Video Trailer
- Christian TV Trailblazer Passes
- Vitamins And Supps: Make Sure You Can Stay In Top Health With Vitamins And Other Supplements
- NTEA, Lincoln Electric & NC3 collaborate to launch Work Truck Industry Welder Certification Program
- DICE Dental Offering Dental Implants and Dentures in Southampton Starting in January 2022
- Fan Gear Here: Show Support For Your Favorite Sports Team With The Best In Fan Gear
- Holistic Wellness Coach Kadeem One Offers a Number of Online Courses for You to Enroll in Today
- Brad Pistole, CFF®, CAS®, Featured on TheStreet, as Robert Powell's guest on Retirement Daily
- Nye & Company's online Chic and Antique Estate Treasures auction Dec. 15-16 features holiday treats
- Execulink Telecom Kicks Off Fourth Annual Gifts of Christmas Donation Program
- Warmer in the Winter Role Playing Game Release
- Launch Of Downtown Kings Mountain, Nc Advent Calendar
- Nest & Nook Partners with Paddock-1