Popular on eTradeWire
- People & Stories/Gente y Cuentos Awarded over $20,000 in Grants including Princeton Area Community Foundation 2022 Community Impact Grant
- New Water Damage Repair & Restoration Service Launched In Youngstown, OH
- JOC's Peter Tirschwell 2023 Person of the Year by NY/NJ Foreign Freight Forwarders & Brokers Assoc
- Get Doodle Videos - The Best Whiteboard Animation Software - For Only $49 This Black Friday & Cyber Week
- David & Sons Timepieces—Luxury Watches, San Diego
- New Airbnb Style Web Service For Athletes & Sports Teams
- Explore The Work Of Artist M.G. Stout During Miami Art Week At Spectrum & Red Dot Art Fairs
- TOMii Healing and Wellness Opens New Locations in San Mateo & Millbrae, California
- "Reflections" of Iconic African Americans Light the Way
- Fashiers App Announces Launch of Premium Content for Users
Similar on eTradeWire
- MESSIAH - Coming to Ontario California!
- Multiple new world records are set in Poster Auctions International's Rare Posters Auction, Nov. 13
- PB PHOTO CENTRE Names Keith Carter as FOTOmentor for FOTOfusion 2023
- CULTURE & COCKTAILS at The Ben to Focus on Palm Beach Style, January 9
- The Schmidt Boca Raton History Museum to Host Consul General of Greece This Saturday
- Msanii HOUS Fine Art merges with Msanii HOUS Marketplace to become an online only gallery
- Teresa James Announces New Album, 'With A Little Help from Her Friends'
- Still Reflections: Robert S. Brown Exhibit at the Geary Gallery
- Pop Up Holiday Sale at The Center for Contemporary Art
- Sojazzie Home Girl of Delgado Realty & Real African Art Gallery's Home For The Holidays Give Back
"SHREK" Creator William Steig's First Illustration-For-Hire Found in Maryland Attic- AND IT'S a DOOZY
And here's where feet steps in… Or at least, the story of a devoted theatrical family, that didn't throw things away.
A psychic who has been profiled in "The New Yorker" and is Courtney Love's best friend, made an historic and thrilling discovery this week, when a racy, 1931 Christmas Card done in the late, legendary writer and illustrator William Steig's distinctive style and signed by him, came to light when she was sorting through her late grandfather's papers.
More on eTradeWire News
- Shreveport Ware Damage Restoration Launches Two New Websites
- Successful 100th Subsidiary Company Registration in India- By EzyBiz India Consulting LLP
- iPower Energy completes a residential solar installation in Menifee Lakes, CA
- Get Xanax Online - Flash Sale: Get $65 Off
- D Love: A New Brand Setting The Standard For Luxury Fashion
"I pulled out this drawing of a "Sailor" themed, naked lady drawing a bath, "Season's Greetings" card done by Bill Steig. He must have been 16 or 17 at the time. He was friends with the cast of my grandfather's Broadway show, "Sailor Beware" and obviously did this design as a commission for the lead actor," said Peri Lyons, a NYC cult figure, who has had a global psychic call in show on Moonstruck TV and A1RPsychic Radio for five years.
"I would be mighty surprised if it DID get sent out as a Christmas card, especially in 1931," said Ms. Lyons. "But it is an exciting discovery! It's a very saucy addition to art history. There is simply no known earlier example of WS Steig's art and it is amazing to see how early on he was using such a distinctive style."
"There's quite a back-story here," added Lyons. The piece is 6" by 12", folded, and is on textured paper, and "it's in remarkably great shape!" adds Lyons, who says that she'd be willing to part with the piece, to the right collector.
If interested in the very rare collectable, please contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 313-220-4757
More about William Steig:
William Steig - Wikipedia
- New SMS Marketing Features Announced for Buying Buddy IDX CRM Solution
- Used Blue 2020 Ford Escape for Sale!
- Colorado-Based, Culture-Driven E-Commerce Business Expands to Ohio
- NY Times joins Jazz for Peace Ron Paul, Roger Waters Noam Chomsky & more in call to release Assange!
- Global Learning Charter Public School Announces Rachel Lambauer as 504 Coordinator
- Daugherty Named The Nation's Best and Brightest In Wellness & Best and Brightest Companies
- Erin Bode Joins St. Louis Christmas Carols Association for 12/8 Holiday Concert
- Valerie's House Founder Appears on National Television
- Biggie Blinds asks, "What supply chain issues?"
- RYNO Garage Opens its Virtual Doors
- Twisted Sister Makeup Collection Launched by Rock and Roll Beauty
- Gas Cutting & Welding Accessories at Canaweld
- Fort Myers Brewing announces Winter Wonderland Dec. 15-18
- About MIG Pulse Welding Machines
- SEM Link Receives Additional Support from Science Sandbox for STEM Journal Club
- MinkeeBlue, Philadelphia-based Black-Owned Handbag Brand, Launches in Macy's Herald Square
- The State of Business Insurance 2023: Insights and Products
- Two Donors Pledge Up To $50,000 To Support Homeless Families
- StackSource Arranges $141.5 Million Capital Stack for Historic Jefferson Arms Building Conversion
- Modern Treatise Publishes 2023 Media Kit