Popular on eTradeWire
- Pioneering a New Wave in UK Rap Music: BH.WAV - 2415
- Emmy nominated Composer Anthony Barfield Creates A Distinctive Sonic Fusion of Classical and Hip-Hop - 228
- Fairmint Achieves Milestone as Newly SEC-Registered Transfer Agent - 215
- Colonial Oil Industries and TICO Lead Sustainable Energy Transition in the Southeast - 188
- Celebrating Five Decades of Unapologetically Subversive Queer Fiction - 183
- Echoes of Elysium | New Works by Jennifer JL Jones - 164
- Healthcare Network names Dr. Salvatore Anzalone vice president of clinical business development - 161
- TAG Video Systems Joins the Streaming Video Technology Alliance - 160
- California Music Hall of Fame and Museum to Honor Iconic Americana Singer-Songwriter Gary Green - 145
- Inspires The Gift Of Love This Valentine's Day With A New Collection Of Williams Sonoma P - 145
Similar on eTradeWire
- Morven Trustees Appoint Rhonda DiMascio Executive Director of Morven Museum & Garden
- 'Scooby-Doo,' 'My Hero Academia,' 'Halo' Among Franchise Voices at FAN EXPO Philadelphia
- Adam Mackey, writing as Angel A, receives international recognition through the INDEPENDENT PRESS AWARD!
- Enjoy Open House at Studio 18 in Pembroke Pines with a Full Day of Free Creative Workshops
- People & Stories/Gente y Cuentos "Notable Words" set for March 17 at Princeton Theological Seminary features exciting authors & dessert
- imperfecta gallery presents "At Least We're Not Alone Now"
- imperfecta gallery presents "Synaesthesia" Art Show
- Delirious Comedy Club Is Moving And We Want You To Join Us In Downtown Las Vegas
- Transhumans featured at Venice Biennale
- NAEMI's 35th Anniversary Exhibition "A Celebration of Outsider Art" at Studio 18 Pembroke Pines
"SHREK" Creator William Steig's First Illustration-For-Hire Found in Maryland Attic- AND IT'S a DOOZY
And here's where feet steps in… Or at least, the story of a devoted theatrical family, that didn't throw things away.
A psychic who has been profiled in "The New Yorker" and is Courtney Love's best friend, made an historic and thrilling discovery this week, when a racy, 1931 Christmas Card done in the late, legendary writer and illustrator William Steig's distinctive style and signed by him, came to light when she was sorting through her late grandfather's papers.
More on eTradeWire News
- Certero and Jisc Partner to Transform UK Academic Sector's IT Management
- Auxo Medical Expands its Sterile Processing Equipment Maintenance and Repair Field Service into Ohio
- EvereTech Wins Records Management Contract Supporting Florida Ecological Services Office
- Canadian Insulin Takes Center Stage As Florida Pioneers FDA-Approved Drug Importation Program
- The International Lawyers Network Ranked as Band 1 Law Firm Network by Chambers and Partners
"I pulled out this drawing of a "Sailor" themed, naked lady drawing a bath, "Season's Greetings" card done by Bill Steig. He must have been 16 or 17 at the time. He was friends with the cast of my grandfather's Broadway show, "Sailor Beware" and obviously did this design as a commission for the lead actor," said Peri Lyons, a NYC cult figure, who has had a global psychic call in show on Moonstruck TV and A1RPsychic Radio for five years.
"I would be mighty surprised if it DID get sent out as a Christmas card, especially in 1931," said Ms. Lyons. "But it is an exciting discovery! It's a very saucy addition to art history. There is simply no known earlier example of WS Steig's art and it is amazing to see how early on he was using such a distinctive style."
"There's quite a back-story here," added Lyons. The piece is 6" by 12", folded, and is on textured paper, and "it's in remarkably great shape!" adds Lyons, who says that she'd be willing to part with the piece, to the right collector.
If interested in the very rare collectable, please contact us at:
email@example.com or via phone at 313-220-4757
More about William Steig:
William Steig - Wikipedia
- David Kovacs Joins Data Health's Board as Independent Director
- Top Rated Micro Wedding Venue in Colorado Springs
- Tommy's Girl Hair Co. Opens First Couture Hair House in North Dallas
- StrategicEdge Unveils New Website, Solidifying Its Position as Premier Small and Medium Business
- Leading Trust and Estate Administrator Megan Warman Joins Midwest Trust
- Jump City Rentals now in Modesto, CA! Best Party Equipment rentals, Bounce House rentals & More
- The Pivotal Companies Announces Partnership with The Impact Agency
- Tactical Gear Company Releases Cobra Buckle Dog Collar for K9 Training
- Why Green Initiatives Require Brown Sources FREE Webinar
- Moss Celebrates Groundbreaking of Cipriani Residences Miami – Brickell's Tallest Tower
- Tone Commander Launches DOD-Certified, Push-to-Talk, Secure SIP Phones
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Lee County names Kaliyah Stephens as 2024 Youth of the Year
- Human Immunoglobulin G1 (IgG1) Antibody
- On the UNDRESSED podcast this week British Actor/Producer Scott Wright from UK's "Shameless" TV series
- Iconic Jewelry: Patricia Locke Trunk Show
- Garden Room Design Outdoor Modular Spaces Installation In As Little As 3 Weeks
- MacCase Announces New Line of "Hybrid" MacBook Cases
- Chicago Multifamily Property Expert Ronan Donahue
- Nutrihealth announces the global launch of nutri-brain™
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices FNR's Ann King named a RISMedia 2024 Real Estate Newsmaker