Popular on eTradeWire News
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja, 7 year old National Anthem singer 533
- Transseed Group Receives Two New Business Designations 240
- Founder & CEO of Market Leader, Virtual Rehab, to be Interviewed By Jane King at NASDAQ 204
- Lil Bub, aka Magical Space Cat, Will Make Special Appearance at Snowcats Cat Convention 199
- How to Manage Arrhythmia in Children? 195
- International Experts Discuss Safety Problems of Critical Infrastructures at Ural Federal University 194
- Share Number System is the New Automated Income System 165
- New talent Asalia White Williams Nominated for NAMMY Award 157
- Kelly Hyman, a Renowned Lawyer to be a Speaker at Women En Mass 2018 133
- Media Partnership Announced with Aerospace Testing International and the International Telemetering Conference (ITC) 123
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Monevation Reloads With Qrazy Knowledge
- Lambda Solutions Welcomes Entornos to its International Zoola Analytics Partnership Program
- Keynote Speaker Mike Walsh Scheduled for Global Tour of Five Cities in Six Days
- Evolve IP Named To Gartner's 2018 Magic Quadrant for Contact Center as a Service, North America
- Infinite Computer Solutions Named "Company of the Year, Enterprise" in 2018 BIG Awards for Business
- DataCave PARTNERS WITH Tuned Application on Data Services innovation approach
- Industry stalwarts "poachers turned gamekeepers" launch innovative talent search company
- Waldorf School of the Peninsula educates children for the future in Silicon Valley–Screen Free
- CRMSDC Honors Denysys With Top 100 MBE Award
- Veovo Appoints New Senior Market Executive and Sales Manager to Drive Growth and North American Market Expansion
Google for Entrepreneurs, a Google program that provides financial support and the best of the company's resources to coworking spaces and startup programs globally, announced the 11 startups selected to attend this year's Google Demo Day at their San Francisco office on March 28th, 2018. Google Demo Day brings top startups from across North and South America to showcase their technology and pitch in front of some of Silicon Valley's top investors. This is the sixth Google Demo Day; past participating startups have gone on to raise nearly $250 million from investors and ten of those companies have been acquired by other companies.
"Innovation is alive and well across the country and around the world, not just in Silicon Valley," said Genna McKeel, Partnerships Manager at Google for Entrepreneurs. "By showcasing some of the best startups from across the Americas at Google Demo Day, we can help these great entrepreneurs connect with leading investors to grow and accelerate their businesses."
"We are excited to participate in this year's Google Demo Day. Anytime you've been selected by Google to pitch to a room full of invite-only investors, it's a huge honor," said Dr. Tye Caldwell, ShearShare cofounder & CEO. "Our team looks forward to representing the great state of Texas as we showcase our vision. Our class of eleven startups is impressive and top companies in their own right. Thank you to our friends at Startup Grind for nominating our team."
Startups are nominated by local partner organizations within the Google for Entrepreneurs Partner Network. The nominated startups submitted an application to provide deeper insights into their company, funding and key metrics to demonstrate traction. The 11 chosen startups were selected based on the strength of the team, execution, traction and their growth potential.
This year's participants are listed below:
• Amp.it (http://www.amp.it), Los Angeles, California, representing Astia (http://astia.org/): Software that allows media companies to measure effectiveness of their content with their target audience and use that data for future releases.
More on eTradeWire News
- Ealing residents join 700,000 on the People's Vote March for the Future
- Will the Future of Who be Blue for New Time Lord, Jodie Whittaker?
- Alice assignment help for college students
- Inventor Saves Honey Bees! New invention makes destroying Varroa Mites affordable
- Great Gatsby Gala Planned Nov. 10
- River City Exteriors Now Installing Energy Star Replacement Windows
- IAPEN, India launches an ambitious plan to train and place two lakh candidates in nutrition sector by 2021
• Bankjoy (https://www.bankjoy.com/), Detroit, Michigan, representing Grand Circus (https://www.grandcircus.co/): Provides modern mobile banking, online banking, and banking APIs to banks and credit unions.
• Fathom (https://www.fathomai.com/), Durham, North Carolina, representing American Underground (https://americanunderground.com/): Wearable-enabled AI system to mitigate injury risk through personalized athletic training.
• Genivity (https://www.genivity.com/), Chicago, Illinois, representing 1871 (https://1871.com/): Platform that tracks and predicts family health risks to help financial advisors better serve their clients.
• Increase (http://increasecard.com), Buenos Aires, Argentina, representing AreaTres (https://www.areatresworkplace.com/home): Fintech company that empowers businesses and simplifies how they control their income.
• Linked Senior (http://www.linkedsenior.com/), Washington, D.C., representing Aging2.0 (https://www.aging2.com/):Evidence-based therapeutic engagement platform for the older adult, and increase time spent in meaningful activities.
• Obsess (http://www.obsessar.com/), New York City, New York, representing Techstars (https://www.techstars.com/): Platform that enables brands and retailers to create augmented and virtual reality shopping experiences for mobile.
• Rowbot (http://rowbot.com/), Minneapolis, Minnesota, representing COCO (https://explorecoco.com/locations/downtown): New class of farm equipment - a small, self-driving machine for doing work and collecting data on large fields.
• ShearShare (http://shearshare.com/), McKinney, Texas, representing Startup Grind (https://www.startupgrind.com/): B2B marketplace that lets stylists rent space to work by the day in cities all over the world.
More on eTradeWire News
- NJ Hypnotist to Share Fool Proof Answer to Managing Stress
- Award-Winning Short Thriller "Dylan" on Amazon and Amazon Prime
- SID Limited in support of United Nations´ international day for the eradication of poverty
- Chocolak's New Collection of Premium Chocolates is here - The Perfect Baby Shower Present
- Inmate Books Allow the Prisoners to Live a Better Life
- Anaadi TV – A Complete News Channel that Brings the most Happening News and Information
- Best Exchange House on Social Media, UAE 2018 - GCC Exchange
• Skywatch (https://www.skywatch.co/), Waterloo, Ontario, representing Communitech (https://www.communitech.ca/): Aggregates free and commercial satellite data, providing anyone in the world with the API access they need to build world-changing applications.
• Unima (http://www.unima.com.mx/nsite/index.html), Guadalajara, Jalisco, representing Centraal (http://centraal.com/): Fast and low cost diagnostic and disease surveillance technology which allows people, even with no technical training, to diagnose a disease directly at the point of care, without using lab equipment, with results in 15 minutes and at $1 per test.
During their trip to Silicon Valley, attending founders will work side-by-side with a team of experts and Google mentors to craft a compelling narrative, prepare for 1:1 conversations with investors, and build a visual presentation to secure funding. This funding preparation is capped off with their presentation at Demo Day and a private dinner with investors.
At the Demo Day event, each founder will have four minutes to pitch, followed by a brief Q+A from the judging panel. At the end of the event, judges will declare a Judges' Favorite. The investor audience will also vote for their favorite in the "People's Choice" award.
To be eligible, startups must meet the following criteria:
• Must be legally incorporated and headquartered in North America or South America.
• Must have raised at least $100,000.
• Must be seeking to actively raise $1M-$5M within 6 months of the event.
• Must have demonstrated traction through funding raised, revenue, customer growth, etc.
Many Demo Day alumni have gone on to raise significant funds as a result of connections made at the event. Last week, 2016 Demo Day participant SPLT, a Detroit-based transportation management platform founded by female entrepreneur Anya Babbitt, was acquired by Bosch, a company that she first met while at the Demo Day event.
Google for Entrepreneurs also creates Campuses: physical hubs where entrepreneurs can learn, connect, and build companies that will change the world. To learn more about Google for Entrepreneurs, visit googleforentrepreneurs.com (https://www.googleforentrepreneurs.com/) or follow us on Google+ (https://plus.google.com/u/0/+GoogleforEntrepreneurs/posts), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/GoogleforEntrepreneurs/?fref=ts), Twitter (https://twitter.com/GoogleForEntrep), and YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/entrepreneurs).
For more information, contact:
Denise Ryan, ShearShare, email@example.com
Peter Schottenfels, Google, firstname.lastname@example.org
Denise Ryan, ShearShare
- Ken La Salle Presents Max Dedge in The Time of The Uniborg
- Drug Abuse Treatment in Easton Helped by Police
- Ray Harvey Announces Release of Gap-Toothed Girl
- Crypto Buying Crypto? SOLAREUM Acquires Kashhcoin
- Hidy Ochiai Karate celebrates Grand Opening in Ashburn Virginia
- Santa Barbara County's oldest continually operating private school visits GranVida Senior Living
- Taking the Archery World by Storm
- Grand Opening Of The Great Republic Pop-up At Highland Park Village, Dallas
- Mikel J. Wilson Announces Release of Death Opens a Window
- "Shades of Evening" the work of Cam DeCaussin Slated for Royse Contemporary this November
- TCWEP Networking Group Opens Up Membership to Business-to-Businesses
- Peak Physical Therapy & Sports Performance announces Erica Soller as Billing Assistant
- MGA Entertainment CEO Isaac Larian honored during Cal State LA's Alumni Awards Gala
- Gulf Coast Village opens new 'Faith and Fitness Trail' to promote healthy living, spirituality
- Martin Brossman and Team to Present Web Marketing Program at Mobile Tech Expo
- Gonzalo Sabogal joins forces with the Queens Home Team at Keller Williams Realty
- Arizona High School Educator Named Claes Nobel Educator of Distinction
- Awesome Dog Harnesses: Premium Dog Harnesses that Combine Comfort, Form, and Functionality
- Leving rescued 2 little boys from abuse by mom's boyfriend, who broke his mother's jaw
- Detectamet achieves international recognition, ISO 45001