Popular on eTradeWire
- Searchaerospace achieves first milestone listing repair capabilities 215
- Anna Faktorovich Announces Candidacy for Mayor of Quanah, Texas 192
- XOV prepares to launch its bank-grade digital payments arm, Slipstream, for cryptocurrency 177
- PacketSled Recognized by SC Media as a Finalist for Best Computer Forensic Solution 162
- Ring Power Corporation Appoints Alban President 146
- Paras Biopharmaceuticals Finland Oy Announces Successful Development of Biologically Active Romiplostim (N-Plate® Biosimilar) Production Technology 102
- The Hype Magazine Signs Exclusive Podcast Agreement With Digital Soapbox Network
- Delta Hotels Saskatoon Downtown Undergoes Transformation and Rebranding
- Foolay DC Releases New Single: Know What It Is
- Future-Proof Your Brewery in 2019
Similar on eTradeWire
- Heliocor partners with CBX to bring state-of-the-art regulatory compliance
- GEO Jobe Welcomes Timothy Michael as Sr. Solution Engineer
- LoBue & Majdalany Achieves Association Management Company (AMC) Institute Accreditation for 15th year
- Aperion Global Institute Gifts $1.2 Million to the LeMoyne-Owen College Community Development Corp
- Texas based travel startup Rave completes initial funding & launches website
- OutAirOdor units take out molecules that pollute in-home air
- Innodem Neurosciences Receives 1 Million Dollars In Funding To Give A Voice To Voiceless Patients
- Surex's AI & Machine Learning Endeavours Garners Another Tech Accolade
- Hear Directly From Leading Technology Companies on Latest Global Development in Encryption and Cloud Computing
- Invenio IT Recognized on CRN's 2019 MSP 500 List for Third Straight Year
Google for Entrepreneurs, a Google program that provides financial support and the best of the company's resources to coworking spaces and startup programs globally, announced the 11 startups selected to attend this year's Google Demo Day at their San Francisco office on March 28th, 2018. Google Demo Day brings top startups from across North and South America to showcase their technology and pitch in front of some of Silicon Valley's top investors. This is the sixth Google Demo Day; past participating startups have gone on to raise nearly $250 million from investors and ten of those companies have been acquired by other companies.
"Innovation is alive and well across the country and around the world, not just in Silicon Valley," said Genna McKeel, Partnerships Manager at Google for Entrepreneurs. "By showcasing some of the best startups from across the Americas at Google Demo Day, we can help these great entrepreneurs connect with leading investors to grow and accelerate their businesses."
"We are excited to participate in this year's Google Demo Day. Anytime you've been selected by Google to pitch to a room full of invite-only investors, it's a huge honor," said Dr. Tye Caldwell, ShearShare cofounder & CEO. "Our team looks forward to representing the great state of Texas as we showcase our vision. Our class of eleven startups is impressive and top companies in their own right. Thank you to our friends at Startup Grind for nominating our team."
Startups are nominated by local partner organizations within the Google for Entrepreneurs Partner Network. The nominated startups submitted an application to provide deeper insights into their company, funding and key metrics to demonstrate traction. The 11 chosen startups were selected based on the strength of the team, execution, traction and their growth potential.
This year's participants are listed below:
• Amp.it (http://www.amp.it), Los Angeles, California, representing Astia (http://astia.org/): Software that allows media companies to measure effectiveness of their content with their target audience and use that data for future releases.
More on eTradeWire News
- Orange Fire Department Members Practice Ice Rescue Techniques
- The Law Office of Mark Humphreys announces the settlement of another case in the DFW area
- PODS® Las Vegas offers 6 helpful tips to dust away the spring-cleaning blues
- Storage Media Group to Sponsor Upcoming Storage Technology Showcase Conference
- Cavignac & Associates Hires Jessica Rodriguez as Surety Department Account Administrator
- Imperial Properties Upgrades Resident Portal
- Roasters Coffee - Community Giving Day February 25th, 2019
• Bankjoy (https://www.bankjoy.com/), Detroit, Michigan, representing Grand Circus (https://www.grandcircus.co/): Provides modern mobile banking, online banking, and banking APIs to banks and credit unions.
• Fathom (https://www.fathomai.com/), Durham, North Carolina, representing American Underground (https://americanunderground.com/): Wearable-enabled AI system to mitigate injury risk through personalized athletic training.
• Genivity (https://www.genivity.com/), Chicago, Illinois, representing 1871 (https://1871.com/): Platform that tracks and predicts family health risks to help financial advisors better serve their clients.
• Increase (http://increasecard.com), Buenos Aires, Argentina, representing AreaTres (https://www.areatresworkplace.com/home): Fintech company that empowers businesses and simplifies how they control their income.
• Linked Senior (http://www.linkedsenior.com/), Washington, D.C., representing Aging2.0 (https://www.aging2.com/):Evidence-based therapeutic engagement platform for the older adult, and increase time spent in meaningful activities.
• Obsess (http://www.obsessar.com/), New York City, New York, representing Techstars (https://www.techstars.com/): Platform that enables brands and retailers to create augmented and virtual reality shopping experiences for mobile.
• Rowbot (http://rowbot.com/), Minneapolis, Minnesota, representing COCO (https://explorecoco.com/locations/downtown): New class of farm equipment - a small, self-driving machine for doing work and collecting data on large fields.
More on eTradeWire News
- Fabless Semiconductor Startup OctoTech Inc. Introduces a New Innovative RF Product for BLE AoA / AoD Application
- "Austin & Charlie Adventures Across America" - Kid's Doggie Adventure Series Travels Across America
- South Shore Chamber Names Ryan Bristol, Vice President of Bristol Bros. Development Corp to Board
- El Dorado Furniture is now hiring for its Miami-Dade and Broward locations!
- How Smart Websites Benefit Your Business In Toronto?
- Nebraska Furniture Mart Celebrates The Grand Opening Of Their Des Moines Area Store Location
- jcbDigital Offering $25 Custom Website Designs for a limited time!
• ShearShare (http://shearshare.com/), McKinney, Texas, representing Startup Grind (https://www.startupgrind.com/): B2B marketplace that lets stylists rent space to work by the day in cities all over the world.
• Skywatch (https://www.skywatch.co/), Waterloo, Ontario, representing Communitech (https://www.communitech.ca/): Aggregates free and commercial satellite data, providing anyone in the world with the API access they need to build world-changing applications.
• Unima (http://www.unima.com.mx/nsite/index.html), Guadalajara, Jalisco, representing Centraal (http://centraal.com/): Fast and low cost diagnostic and disease surveillance technology which allows people, even with no technical training, to diagnose a disease directly at the point of care, without using lab equipment, with results in 15 minutes and at $1 per test.
During their trip to Silicon Valley, attending founders will work side-by-side with a team of experts and Google mentors to craft a compelling narrative, prepare for 1:1 conversations with investors, and build a visual presentation to secure funding. This funding preparation is capped off with their presentation at Demo Day and a private dinner with investors.
At the Demo Day event, each founder will have four minutes to pitch, followed by a brief Q+A from the judging panel. At the end of the event, judges will declare a Judges' Favorite. The investor audience will also vote for their favorite in the "People's Choice" award.
To be eligible, startups must meet the following criteria:
• Must be legally incorporated and headquartered in North America or South America.
• Must have raised at least $100,000.
• Must be seeking to actively raise $1M-$5M within 6 months of the event.
• Must have demonstrated traction through funding raised, revenue, customer growth, etc.
Many Demo Day alumni have gone on to raise significant funds as a result of connections made at the event. Last week, 2016 Demo Day participant SPLT, a Detroit-based transportation management platform founded by female entrepreneur Anya Babbitt, was acquired by Bosch, a company that she first met while at the Demo Day event.
Google for Entrepreneurs also creates Campuses: physical hubs where entrepreneurs can learn, connect, and build companies that will change the world. To learn more about Google for Entrepreneurs, visit googleforentrepreneurs.com (https://www.googleforentrepreneurs.com/) or follow us on Google+ (https://plus.google.com/u/0/+GoogleforEntrepreneurs/posts), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/GoogleforEntrepreneurs/?fref=ts), Twitter (https://twitter.com/GoogleForEntrep), and YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/entrepreneurs).
For more information, contact:
Denise Ryan, ShearShare, firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Schottenfels, Google, email@example.com
Denise Ryan, ShearShare
- Moss Construction Promotes Toby Manulak to Vice President
- 26.2 with DONNA Marathon is Reimagined in Neptune Beach
- Remote Pump Monitoring System Using a Modem Data Logger
- First of its Kind Investment Book Empowers Women to Close the Gender Investing Gap
- Apex Officer Launches VR Crisis Intervention Police Training Simulator for Law Enforcement Agencies
- FaithLauncher Acquired by GiveSendGo.com the largest free Christian Crowdfunding Site
- Neurolixis launches NLX-112 drug formulation collaboration with GALA laboratory in France
- Flowfinity Announces New Features for Faster Delivery of Robotic Process Automation in the Workplace
- FileCatalyst to Showcase a New Cloud-Based Service and New Updates at NAB 2019 in Las Vegas
- ArtInsuranceNow.com Offers Comprehensive Art Collectors Insurance Policies
- Northwestern Mutual Recognizes Financial Advisor Marc Rosenberg with National Awards
- Shell Point informational seminar coming to Cape Coral area March 13
- New publication by Dr. Matt Bogard: Stress Management, Build a Better Life
- Shell Point informational seminar coming to Naples area March 12
- South Coast Improvement, Co. completes renovation for 1251 Capital at 7-9 Newbury Street, Boston
- GCAM Hosts Opening Ceremony for New Plasma Center in Brownsville, TX
- JP Reynolds: 'You Don't Go to Yale and Become a Rapper'
- Vino Products: Turning Wine Tasting Into A Perfect Moment
- Sam Silverstein - Global Guru and Tim Sanders - Inc Magazine Top 100
- Homebuyers Reveal Why They are Buying at The Brownstones at New Visions