Popular on eTradeWire News
- Rumors circulating of Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals Inc considering AstraZeneca (AZN) bid 429
- New Artists Acquisition for Mack Drama & 1017 Brick Squad Mafia Records 286
- Netflix "Fastest Car" Series Taps Supercar Owner Bryan L. Salamone 277
- Anti-Parasite Formula ParasiFort Removes Parasites In Humans 193
- EmpowHer Institute Partners With B-STEM Project 155
- Gucci Mane receives the 2018 Swisher Spark Award in LA 152
- Local high school string quartet to join touring Beatles vs. Stones show on Charlotte stage 151
- Advanced Core Concepts Announces Partnership with Keystone Synergistic Enterprises 146
- Atlanta Filmmaker Sinatra 'Osm' Onyewuchi Shoots Award-Winning Faith-Based, Short Film for $240.00 133
- 68% Of Data Breaches Take Months Or Longer To Discover 119
Similar on eTradeWire News
- LivePOS Presents the Future of Cloud Management Systems for Chains and Franchises
- Dealer Teamwork Adds Alexandra Patty as Director of Marketing
- New Yorker Electronics & Isocom Team Up with Franchise Distribution Agreement of Optoelectronic Com
- Driver's License and Blockchain Please!
- Nulogy recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada™
- Webline-Services: Intelligent Knowledge Management and Support Chat Software
- ATEN Eliminates Bulky Docking Stations with Plug and Play USB Mini Dock
- isovideo Announces New Stunning-Quality HDR/HLG/SDR HD/4K Conversion Self Service with Steep Cost & Time Savings & 100 Free Film Post-NAB Promotion
- Linux Kernel 4.x support for Perle Serial & Parallel Cards
- TMG Consulting Announces New Executive Appointments
Google for Entrepreneurs, a Google program that provides financial support and the best of the company's resources to coworking spaces and startup programs globally, announced the 11 startups selected to attend this year's Google Demo Day at their San Francisco office on March 28th, 2018. Google Demo Day brings top startups from across North and South America to showcase their technology and pitch in front of some of Silicon Valley's top investors. This is the sixth Google Demo Day; past participating startups have gone on to raise nearly $250 million from investors and ten of those companies have been acquired by other companies.
"Innovation is alive and well across the country and around the world, not just in Silicon Valley," said Genna McKeel, Partnerships Manager at Google for Entrepreneurs. "By showcasing some of the best startups from across the Americas at Google Demo Day, we can help these great entrepreneurs connect with leading investors to grow and accelerate their businesses."
"We are excited to participate in this year's Google Demo Day. Anytime you've been selected by Google to pitch to a room full of invite-only investors, it's a huge honor," said Dr. Tye Caldwell, ShearShare cofounder & CEO. "Our team looks forward to representing the great state of Texas as we showcase our vision. Our class of eleven startups is impressive and top companies in their own right. Thank you to our friends at Startup Grind for nominating our team."
Startups are nominated by local partner organizations within the Google for Entrepreneurs Partner Network. The nominated startups submitted an application to provide deeper insights into their company, funding and key metrics to demonstrate traction. The 11 chosen startups were selected based on the strength of the team, execution, traction and their growth potential.
This year's participants are listed below:
• Amp.it (http://www.amp.it), Los Angeles, California, representing Astia (http://astia.org/): Software that allows media companies to measure effectiveness of their content with their target audience and use that data for future releases.
More on eTradeWire News
- Regina's Newest Members Night Club The Black Arrow Opens
- Trivium Premiers Music Video for 'Endless Night'
- 2000 Children and 100 Youth Leaders Celebrate Global Youth Service Day in Nigeria
- Big Trees Inc. Completed a Privacy Screening Project for a Homeowner in Bothell
- Stonefield Software Releases Stonefield Query For Sage Pro Version 7
- Stonefield Software Releases Stonefield Query for Sage 300 Version 7.0
- CANO State Preschool is a proud partner in Quality Start OC
• Bankjoy (https://www.bankjoy.com/), Detroit, Michigan, representing Grand Circus (https://www.grandcircus.co/): Provides modern mobile banking, online banking, and banking APIs to banks and credit unions.
• Fathom (https://www.fathomai.com/), Durham, North Carolina, representing American Underground (https://americanunderground.com/): Wearable-enabled AI system to mitigate injury risk through personalized athletic training.
• Genivity (https://www.genivity.com/), Chicago, Illinois, representing 1871 (https://1871.com/): Platform that tracks and predicts family health risks to help financial advisors better serve their clients.
• Increase (http://increasecard.com), Buenos Aires, Argentina, representing AreaTres (https://www.areatresworkplace.com/home): Fintech company that empowers businesses and simplifies how they control their income.
• Linked Senior (http://www.linkedsenior.com/), Washington, D.C., representing Aging2.0 (https://www.aging2.com/):Evidence-based therapeutic engagement platform for the older adult, and increase time spent in meaningful activities.
• Obsess (http://www.obsessar.com/), New York City, New York, representing Techstars (https://www.techstars.com/): Platform that enables brands and retailers to create augmented and virtual reality shopping experiences for mobile.
• Rowbot (http://rowbot.com/), Minneapolis, Minnesota, representing COCO (https://explorecoco.com/locations/downtown): New class of farm equipment - a small, self-driving machine for doing work and collecting data on large fields.
• ShearShare (http://shearshare.com/), McKinney, Texas, representing Startup Grind (https://www.startupgrind.com/): B2B marketplace that lets stylists rent space to work by the day in cities all over the world.
More on eTradeWire News
- Zonta Douglas County hosts full house for successful 14th Annual Trivia Night fundraiser
- Warranty Consultant LLC Establishes New Office in Casper Wyoming & Adds New Client
- Colorado Lending Source Highlights Social Impact Businesses During National Small Business Week
- Vision Real Estate Partners Acquires 226,317-SF, Class A Office Building in Morris County, N.J
- Are you looking for a CE medical courses?
- Oregon Ice Cream Scoops Up AFS for Trade Promotional Management
- Queer Country West Coast Presents Lavender Country, Paisley Fields and Eli Conley May 18th, 2018
• Skywatch (https://www.skywatch.co/), Waterloo, Ontario, representing Communitech (https://www.communitech.ca/): Aggregates free and commercial satellite data, providing anyone in the world with the API access they need to build world-changing applications.
• Unima (http://www.unima.com.mx/nsite/index.html), Guadalajara, Jalisco, representing Centraal (http://centraal.com/): Fast and low cost diagnostic and disease surveillance technology which allows people, even with no technical training, to diagnose a disease directly at the point of care, without using lab equipment, with results in 15 minutes and at $1 per test.
During their trip to Silicon Valley, attending founders will work side-by-side with a team of experts and Google mentors to craft a compelling narrative, prepare for 1:1 conversations with investors, and build a visual presentation to secure funding. This funding preparation is capped off with their presentation at Demo Day and a private dinner with investors.
At the Demo Day event, each founder will have four minutes to pitch, followed by a brief Q+A from the judging panel. At the end of the event, judges will declare a Judges' Favorite. The investor audience will also vote for their favorite in the "People's Choice" award.
To be eligible, startups must meet the following criteria:
• Must be legally incorporated and headquartered in North America or South America.
• Must have raised at least $100,000.
• Must be seeking to actively raise $1M-$5M within 6 months of the event.
• Must have demonstrated traction through funding raised, revenue, customer growth, etc.
Many Demo Day alumni have gone on to raise significant funds as a result of connections made at the event. Last week, 2016 Demo Day participant SPLT, a Detroit-based transportation management platform founded by female entrepreneur Anya Babbitt, was acquired by Bosch, a company that she first met while at the Demo Day event.
Google for Entrepreneurs also creates Campuses: physical hubs where entrepreneurs can learn, connect, and build companies that will change the world. To learn more about Google for Entrepreneurs, visit googleforentrepreneurs.com (https://www.googleforentrepreneurs.com/) or follow us on Google+ (https://plus.google.com/u/0/+GoogleforEntrepreneurs/posts), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/GoogleforEntrepreneurs/?fref=ts), Twitter (https://twitter.com/GoogleForEntrep), and YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/entrepreneurs).
For more information, contact:
Denise Ryan, ShearShare, firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Schottenfels, Google, email@example.com
Denise Ryan, ShearShare
- Elisiontec Announced To Offer Call Center Software with PRI and SIP Support
- BlazeSports America Launches Certified Adaptive Recreation & Sport Specialist Certification
- 2018 Partners for Change Award presented to National Guardian Life Insurance Company
- Commonwealth Motors Sponsors 2nd Annual Student Athlete Banquet
- Cal State LA awarded NSF grant to support students earning degrees in engineering, computer science
- BTC Electronics Offering the New VITA 67 Series
- Saelig Introduces Berkeley Nucleonics 765 Ultra-Fast Rise Time Pulse Generator
- Jim Cotturone Joins Brookfield, Wis., Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Source1 Purchasing Launches New Website to Meet Evolving Procurement Needs
- BK Adventure Announces Bioluminescent Clear Kayaking in Florida
- Pittsburgh Divorce Attorney Brian C. Vertz Details Complexities of Latest Tax Reforms
- Vista Alegre Wins 2018 Red Dot Design Award
- Women Initiative Foundation First-Ever European Study on Gender Stereotypes in Global Corporations
- Golden Valley Auto Care Shop Celebrates National Car Care Month with Maintenance Tips
- Y&AY - A Channel with an objective to conserve the Indian Culture
- Part 1 of a mostly cobalt blue lifetime collection of RS Prussia to be sold May 26 by Woody Auction
- VS Security Products Offer Data Auditing Software For GDPR Compliance
- "donny; a prelude" by donny diablo #NP on #SC
- Candy Hipple Joins SharedXpertise as Managing Director of HRO Today Advisory Services
- Western Fun For The Whole Family at 62nd Annual Conejo Valley Days