Popular on eTradeWire
- Love 2 The World Celebration Global Tv Mega Event Concert For The 1st Time At Niagara Falls Fr - 648
- Mexico Hosts the First Cancun International Boat Show - 559
- Hoppr Taps Georges Laplanche to Develop Billion Dollar European Programmatic Advertising Market for Network Service Providers - 480
- ILoveInns.com Announces 2021 Top 10 Best Romantic Inns - 457
- Patrick Mahomes strikes twice by winning overall 2020 Hickok Belt(R) Award and January 2021 monthly - 434
- Market-Connections Resume Writing Services Celebrates 10 Years in Business - 427
- Aruba Environmental Credentials Further Strengthened - 412
- Travel Salaries Rise Marginally In 2020 But Recruitment Plummets - 385
- Residence Inn Fort Walton Beach, Florida Opens - 262
- Travelers Haven Achieves Unprecedented Quality and Customer Satisfaction Scores - 261
Shannon's Online Fine Art Auction, Jan. 28, Features American and European Art, Drawings, Sculptures
Leading the auction is a work on paper by Connecticut-born artist Sol Lewitt. The painting, titled Irregular Form, has excellent provenance and is in perfect condition. Visitors to the gallery will appreciate seeing this work in person, as the effects of light change the color and visibility of the shapes in the overall form (est. $12,000-$18,000).
Another visual gem is a Hannes Beckmann abstract. The work appears concave and convex at the same time, creating an optical illusion that immediately captures the viewer's attention (est. $8,000-12,000).
The largest work in the sale is a 20-piece composition by avant-garde American architect and artist Lebbeus Woods. The work, titled Valhalla Series No. 2, can be arranged in different configurations. Woods sought to conceptualize spaces free from conventional limits and embrace "multiplicity" – a theme of constant change present in his work (est. $10,000-$15,000).
More on eTradeWire News
- Awareness: Whispers From Nature — Book Launch
- Sandline Welcomes IT Veteran Ralf Kaiser as CTO
- Biden Blasts Neanderthals on Masks, But Is Breaking His Own Promise
- How To Protect Your Trees From Salt, Snow And Ice
- Voglia Swimwear Announces First Trunk Show
A jovial composition by French artist Henri Maik, titled Entoute Amitie (In All Friendship), leads the European paintings category. It's estimated at $10,000-$15,000. Maik's naive and colorful style has attracted collectors from all over the world for decades. The painting in Thursday's auction descended in a private family collection and is fresh-to-the-market.
Other highlights in Modern and Contemporary art include a Photo-realist motorcycle, Laconia Village Green by Tom Blackwell (est. $8,000-$12,000); a celestial work on paper by Mark Tobey (est. $8,000-$12,000); a bright Paul Jenkins watercolor (est. $5,000-$7,000); and a fresh-to-the-market abstract drip painting by Rolph Scarlett (est. $3,000-$5,000).
American art is well-represented and will be led by a Walter Launt Palmer bright winter scene estimated at $8,000-$12,000, and an Eric Sloane painting titled Old North Church estimated at $6,000-$8,000. Other highlights in American art include New York City views by Johann Berthelsen, a painting of Grez by noted American expatriate artist Robert Vohhoh, two Louisiana landscapes by George Coulon (an artist rarely available at auction), and a Rockport scene in autumn by Anthony Thieme, among many other highlights.
More on eTradeWire News
- Las Vegas Urban League WIC: A Valuable Resource During March National Nutrition Month
- Prairie Represents Endurance Technologies, Inc. In Its Sale To Polytek Development Corporation
- Holladay Properties to provide services for new medical office development at Orange Park Medical Center
- Identity Podcast Sustainable Wellness Feat. Lisa Betty
- New Yorker Electronics Unveils New CIT Relay & Switch Process Sealed Snap-Action Switches
The digital catalog and a link to bid live on Invaluable is available on shannons.com. Absentee bids may be arranged by request directly through shannons.com or by contacting the gallery at 203.877.1711, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previews are going on now by appointment only on weekdays from 11-5 through January 27th. Please visit shannons.com to schedule an in-person preview appointment or contact the gallery for a digital preview.
To learn more about Shannon's Fine Art Auctioneers and the Thursday, January 28th auction, please visit www.shannons.com and follow them on social media. Updates are posted frequently.
- The Best Way to Create Your Dream Home
- ChartSpan Announces Partnership with Kentucky Hospital Association
- Mental Health Advocate Offers Hope to Millions with Book Detailing Trials and Triumphs on His Journey to Leading a Meaningful Life
- ADM Endeavors, Inc. (OTCQB:ADMQ) Announces Sales Increase of 10.9% in 2021
- BI4ALL launches Products Area and Presents BIA Reporting and BIA Document Recognizer
- Taylors Skip Hire Reveals Captain Tom Memorial Skip
- 2017 Black Used Ford Escape for Sale!
- Little Bottle of Magic - Best seller for Menopause relief
- B & G Sports Company In Waterbury Merges With ColorGraphix LLC in Oxford
- Benchmark International Completes the Sale of Restek-UK to an EOT
- Women in Sports and Events (WISE) Expands Leadership Development Offerings with Leading Women Partnership
- Gallup Elks Lodge Donates Much Needed Equipment to local EMS & Law Enforcement
- TVS Classic Sports Network Showcases Basketball March Madness on WatchYour.TV Powered by Tulix
- EIB Provides $9.1 Million to Artificial Intelligence Software Innovator Cortical.io
- League of Women Voters PBC Endorses Life-Saving EMERGENCY INFO PLAN
- Genuine Work To Open In Dayton This Month
- ACC Legend Joins Altavoz Board of Directors
- Exhibition Celebrating 100 Years of The Walt Disney Company to Launch in 2023
- Discover Handmade Scented Candles And Letterbox Gifts With Exclusive Essential Oil Blends
- We Offer Interior Design Services