Popular on eTradeWire
- ForgingBlock has implemented Lightning Network and integrated more cryptocurrencies
- Could Carbonated Drinks Really Be Good For You?
- All you need to know about Ozcrystal, the crystal knob online store
- Get Your Kids Ready for their 1st 5K with help from the Rotary Santa Run
- Institut' DERMed Founder Inducted into the AIA Academy of Legends
- Dr. Artika Tyner's Book Takes Third Place in Children's Literature Contest
- Local PODS® Moving & Storage to collect toy donations for those in need
- 1MysticFactsCheck Provides The Truth About 1Mystic
- Acclaimed Author Releases Latest Book for Young Readers
- TM Design Wins 2019 MarCom Award
Similar on eTradeWire
- Stock Of The Year: 2019 Gratomic, Inc. (TSX-V: GRAT) - Strong Buy Recommendation!
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Clients, Bryce Maddock and Jaspar Weir of TaskUs, on Winning the EY National Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Eltropy Takes Florida Credit Union Live to Enhance Communication During Mortgage Origination Proce
- CANCrocodile - Contactless CAN Bus, SAE J1939, FMS, OBD-II, And SAE J1708 Reader
- Ivanti Asset Manager Best Practice System Released
- Bootstrapped SaaS startup JustCall ranks 54th Fastest Growing Company on Deloitte's APAC Technology Fast 500
- John Gilbert of Rudin Management to Keynote at Connected Real Estate Summit
- Sage IT celebrates milestone with Forbes Technology Council
- As Seen on FOX Business: Caris Company Ltd promotes the world's first Impact-resistant, Luminescent, Eco-friendly Recyclable PVC Safety Guardrails
- Appetiser and Hear Me Talk bring accessibility to email through app that reads emails aloud
Semplastics, through its innovative X-MAT® division, is working with Israeli partner Polymertal to create a lightweight plastic that can be coated with metal. The final hybrid product would be lightweight and would be able to withstand high temperatures at the same time. The resulting material is stronger than plastic, but lighter than traditional metal parts. It has greater resistance to friction and wear and can withstand high pressures. The hybrid is unlike any material currently on the market.
As part of the ongoing research, Semplastics is experimenting with ways to cut production costs. The $500,000 Space Florida grant allows the X-MAT® division to explore modifying the high temperature plastics to enable 3D printing.
"The material we are developing could become a key component for the technology that helps us explore our universe," said Semplastics CEO and Founder Bill Easter. "We are pleased that Space Florida and the Florida-Israel Innovation Partnership recognized the importance of our research to the aerospace and space industries."
More on eTradeWire News
- Warning! This Book Can Alter Reality As You Know It As Well As Who And What You Think You Are
- Otcwagon Initiates Coverage On Ethema Health Corporation (GRST)
- Cavignac & Associates Employees Donate $25,000 Out of Their Own Paychecks to Local San Die
- Change Your Story in the New Year
- North Carolina "We Buy Houses Cash" Company Reveals 30 Ways to Find Heavily Discounted, Off-Market Properties, Even in a Strong Market Like Today's
The hybrid material also has a future on earth from high-temperature seals to engine manifolds for high-performance cars. The material could also be used as EMI shielding for helmets and other equipment.
About X-MAT®, the Advanced Materials Division of Semplastics
X-MAT®, the Advanced Materials Division of Semplastics, launched in 2013. X-MAT® developed a revolutionary high performance material that combines some of the best properties of metals (electrical conductivity), engineering plastics (lightweight) and ceramics (high operating temperature). X-MAT® has had several partnerships including work with NASA, Space Florida and the NETL. X-MAT®'s game-changing material has various current applications including fireproof roof tiles, lightweight space mirrors, battery electrodes and 3D printing ceramics. X-MAT® technology can be custom-engineered to fit many specifications and has unlimited potential market applications. To learn more about X-MAT® capabilities and future projects, visit their website at https://www.x-materials.com or call (407)353-6885.
- Books To Go Now is proud to announce the release of The Christmas Town Calls
- Holiday Release! Matt Poll's The Christmas Bird Diary
- celebrity movie actor Horse ' El Caballo ' Wren strikes while the acting iron is Hot in auditions!!!
- A Holiday Party That Gives Back
- VR Wedding in Jamaica at Couples Sans Souci
- FINAL HOMES Now Selling at Lennar's Starr Pass Vistas in Tucson!
- Art Exhibition: Lightness Becomes
- New Partnership ALTO & Beyond Barriers Athletic Foundation provide scholarships to underserved youth
- What is a State Based Health Insurance Exchange?
- The Swingaroos Step to the Stage on the GingerNewYork TV Show in New York City
- Shield Republic Charities launches new 'Christmas to Give' program
- Prefab Ticket Booths Are A Fast and Affordable Solution for Fairs, Schools, Stadiums, And More
- 1,5 Anhydroglucitol Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- Quantum Composers Lasers in Micro/Mini LED Manufacturing
- Dallas-Fort Worth Clinic Uses Ketamine Infusion Therapy to Treat Depression and PTSD
- Harlem's Lyn-Genet's Kitchen presents an evening of art, jazz and wine
- Open: Working at Heights Training Courses
- Brandon Honda hires Elie Eid as Executive Manager
- Tiny Startup Takes on Facebook and Craigslist
- Dwight Threeperson Named Chair of Apprenticeship Committee for Newark CTE Network