Popular on eTradeWire
- Searchaerospace achieves first milestone listing repair capabilities 215
- Anna Faktorovich Announces Candidacy for Mayor of Quanah, Texas 190
- XOV prepares to launch its bank-grade digital payments arm, Slipstream, for cryptocurrency 172
- PacketSled Recognized by SC Media as a Finalist for Best Computer Forensic Solution 159
- Ring Power Corporation Appoints Alban President 145
- Paras Biopharmaceuticals Finland Oy Announces Successful Development of Biologically Active Romiplostim (N-Plate® Biosimilar) Production Technology 102
- The Hype Magazine Signs Exclusive Podcast Agreement With Digital Soapbox Network
- Delta Hotels Saskatoon Downtown Undergoes Transformation and Rebranding
- Foolay DC Releases New Single: Know What It Is
- Mirage 8524 DLZ Bar LE Takes 2019 Innovation Award
Similar on eTradeWire
- Acclaimed Stepinac Theatre to Stage Nat'l High School Premiere of Hit B'way Musical, A Bronx Tale
- Aykroyd, Reitman, Hudson To Attend Ghostbusters Fan Fest Presented By Wizard World, June 7-8
- Breakout Actor Nick Smoot Appears in Tyler Perry's "A Madea Family Funeral", Gears up for Premiere
- In Celebration Of Black History Month Diversity In Cannes Is Announcing Its 10th Anniversary
- St. Patrick's Day Dinner Dance Set March 16
- The ABC's of Insurance ready to air the 200th TV show Produced by Les Robinson
- UP Theater Presents Award-Winning Playwright Anna Theresa Cascio's new play - St. Peter's Foot
- OFFICIAL NOMINEES for the 6th Annual Reality TV Awards Announced!
- My Best Friend: The Game Show is back for a second run
- World class female emcee O'fficial interviewed by lifestyle magazine, My Hell of A Life
"Gov. Deal has been very supportive of the industry, but as this is his last term, it's imperative to not only remind our current legislators of the importance of these incentives but also to send that message to all potential future elected officials," said Charles Bowen, founder of the Savannah Film Alliance. "We must continue to be vigilant and not allow other states to threaten the progress we've made."
Bowen, who is a business and entertainment attorney and the owner of Southern Gateway Production Services, cautioned that the momentum that has carried Georgia to the vanguard of the production world must not be allowed to diminish. Since 2016, Georgia has hosted more feature film and television productions than any other location in the world. Further, despite the tremendous advantage Atlanta has over Savannah in terms of sound stages and other infrastructure, local direct spending on film and television productions in the Savannah area has risen from $18 million in 2014 to well over $60 million in 2017.
More on eTradeWire News
- Surex's AI & Machine Learning Endeavours Garners Another Tech Accolade
- 20 Year Old Web Company Launches Brand New Website on Heels of Three Best Rated Award
- South Nassau Receives $1.75 Million from Feil Family Foundation
- Grammy nominated Steven Bernstein to perform at Mardi Gras concert in Nyack
- AGC Employee Kent Thrift Awarded Jim Colbridge Memorial Technical Scholarship
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Business Partnership with ExpandaBrand
- Salicylate Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
Bowen said he credits much of the rise of Savannah's popularity as a destination for filming to the innovative and unique local economic incentive offered by the Savannah Economic Development Authority. "2018 is already on pace to shatter the record for production dollars spent in Savannah in a single year," Bowen said.
By encouraging people who have benefited from the film industry to attend Film Day at the Capitol, Bowen said he hopes all legislators, including those on the local level, will continue to be committed to providing incentives, resources, and opportunities to bring filmmakers to the Savannah area. "The entertainment industry boosts almost every industry in town," Bowen said. "When a film or television production comes to Savannah, they require all of the goods and services the town has to offer, thus they benefit the entire local business community. It is crucial that we don't lose sight of the incredible impact the film industry is having on our local economy and that we strive to continue improving the experience and services offered visiting productions."
The Georgia Film, Music & Digital Entertainment Office is producing a video that will play in the rotunda during Film Day and will feature a photo montage of Georgians who have been impacted directly or indirectly by the industry. The Savannah Area Film Office is coordinating submissions of photos from the Savannah area for that production.
More on eTradeWire News
- Performance Nutrition Launches Website for Agriculture
- Oxyfresh Launching New Pet Dental Spray at Global Pet Expo, Booth #6744
- New Year. New Goals. New Look at Michigan Fitness Foundation
- LaView Security Releases Next Generation Wireless Doorbell Camera
- Author Lori Power Releases Third Book In Her The Gentle Surf Romance Series – For A Song
- Hear Directly From Leading Technology Companies on Latest Global Development in Encryption and Cloud Computing
- Official Trailer: Abeyance (2019)
Film Day at the Capitol is set for Tuesday, Feb. 27, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Georgia State Capitol, 206 Washington St. SW in Atlanta. For more information, contact Charles Bowen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 912-544-2050.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE BOWEN LAW GROUP AND SOUTHERN GATEWAY PRODUCTION SERVICES
As the founder of The Bowen Law Group, Charles Bowen has developed a reputation as one of Savannah's most experienced attorneys in entertainment law. Bowen is recognized within the Savannah film community for his formation of the Savannah Film Alliance in 2015. Bowen also founded Southern Gateway Production Services with the mission to ensure a seamless experience for out-of-town producers by providing connections with local crew, vendors and service providers. Southern Gateway Production Services is a signatory to all IATSE National Term Agreements. The Bowen Law Group and Southern Gateway Production Services are located at 7 East Congress St, Suite 1001. For more information, contact Charles Bowen at email@example.com or 912-544-2050.
Charles J. Bowen
Southern Gateway Production Services
Carriage Trade PR
Cecilia Russo Marketing
- Fabricoil® Reimagined for University of Delaware's Award-Winning iSuite
- "A.C. Marmo & Sons, Inc. Insurance Agency Continues To Receive Industry Recognition"
- MECA Solutions' printing sleeves feature proprietary materials
- New tax law enhances the appeal of C corporations
- Midlothian Junior Womens Club presents Cinderella Dreams
- So You Got a Bad Review: Five Steps to Handle It
- Former Pro Wrestler, Diamond Dallas Page, Proves That Anyone Can Be Positively Unstoppable
- Tax Resolution Attorney John P. Willis Encourages Taxpayers To File Taxes Quickly
- Pack Secure Gets Another Top Seller Award From MSSC
- Machine component assembly requires expert project coordination
- Cellhut is offering pre-owned iPhones at deep discounts, order yours today!
- Voice Magazine for Women Selects an Appalachian Themed Book of the Month
- Invenio IT Recognized on CRN's 2019 MSP 500 List for Third Straight Year
- Domino's Pizza Franchisee with 36 Locations to Open in Whitehouse, Texas
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Boca Raton Football Club as New League Member
- Complyrs California Environmental Software to Attend Annual CUPA Conference
- Find Out Who's Shooting Up Dirty Sam's In "The House Always Wins" By Author Tom Minder
- ARCH Global Precision Announces the Acquisition of American Tool Service & OrthoGrind
- Bishop Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Promotes February as Heart Disease Awareness Month
- Toronto's Rising Stars Get Set To Hit The Stage At The Toronto Centre For The Arts