Popular on eTradeWire News
- The Wrath of Keez! Keez MC is Back @KEEZMC 447
- Prolific Press has published Elemental by Julia Klatt Singer 180
- Central Hotels Appoints General Manager at Canal Central Hotel in Business Bay, Dubai 154
- Line, LLC Secures $44M in Government Contracts in Three Months with Capture2Proposal 142
- Garrett Van Wagoner, Managing Partner at Van Wagoner Ventures to Speak at Impact Forum 137
- ACAD Corp. is now Offering Certificate In Business Acumen From Chartered Management Institute, 129
- The 2018 Chicago Wine, Beer, Spirits & Food Tasting Cruise: Boarding Soon! 127
- Largest Mack Truck Dealership in Nation Aligns with Flying V Group 124
- Gremlins Phase III Program Relies on Acumentrics Power Solutions for Mission Critical Power 115
- Wamill releases Blockchain Tycoon for Steam Early Access 101
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Programming Highlights At Wizard World Comic Con Chicago
- Black Panther Movie Actor, Stanley Aughtry, Guest Speaker at 46th Norwayne Alumni & Friends Banquet
- Golf Studio in Your Own Home - The Newest Luxury Home Item!
- Ernie Hudson, Ivan Reitman Appearances Among 'Ghostbusters' Activities At Wizard World Chicago
- Welcoming Jonas-Chopra engagement, Hindus urge Nick to be more plugged into Hinduism
- MTV's VMAs Premieres Viral Dance Move "John O Clap" During American-Canadian Pop Boy Band PrettyMuch
- Capt. Dale A. Dye, USMC (Ret) honored in Dallas Awarded the 2018 Bob Award for Excellence in Entertainment
- Dominic Pace Shines As Captain Streeper In Syfy Channel's "Megalodon"
- Summer Hill Films announces the North American DVD and VOD release of the detective noir comedy, Gumshoe!
- Rising Dallas Eclectic Soul Singer Latoya Cooper "The Songstress" Teams Up With Top Talent On Hot New Single
"Gov. Deal has been very supportive of the industry, but as this is his last term, it's imperative to not only remind our current legislators of the importance of these incentives but also to send that message to all potential future elected officials," said Charles Bowen, founder of the Savannah Film Alliance. "We must continue to be vigilant and not allow other states to threaten the progress we've made."
Bowen, who is a business and entertainment attorney and the owner of Southern Gateway Production Services, cautioned that the momentum that has carried Georgia to the vanguard of the production world must not be allowed to diminish. Since 2016, Georgia has hosted more feature film and television productions than any other location in the world. Further, despite the tremendous advantage Atlanta has over Savannah in terms of sound stages and other infrastructure, local direct spending on film and television productions in the Savannah area has risen from $18 million in 2014 to well over $60 million in 2017.
More on eTradeWire News
- Luxury Metal dice are some of the most beautiful dice you will see and are perfect
- Steve Kerby Honored With Invitation
- Take a Trip To The Chowder Capital of the Jersey Shore - LBI Chowderfest September 29-30
- TV topic: Federal Employee Benefits Review Hosted by Les Robinson
- Roger White Joins RE/MAX Platinum Realty
- Give yourself a credit boost with professional assistance
- Tocodev Releases RocketPack Kid
Bowen said he credits much of the rise of Savannah's popularity as a destination for filming to the innovative and unique local economic incentive offered by the Savannah Economic Development Authority. "2018 is already on pace to shatter the record for production dollars spent in Savannah in a single year," Bowen said.
By encouraging people who have benefited from the film industry to attend Film Day at the Capitol, Bowen said he hopes all legislators, including those on the local level, will continue to be committed to providing incentives, resources, and opportunities to bring filmmakers to the Savannah area. "The entertainment industry boosts almost every industry in town," Bowen said. "When a film or television production comes to Savannah, they require all of the goods and services the town has to offer, thus they benefit the entire local business community. It is crucial that we don't lose sight of the incredible impact the film industry is having on our local economy and that we strive to continue improving the experience and services offered visiting productions."
The Georgia Film, Music & Digital Entertainment Office is producing a video that will play in the rotunda during Film Day and will feature a photo montage of Georgians who have been impacted directly or indirectly by the industry. The Savannah Area Film Office is coordinating submissions of photos from the Savannah area for that production.
More on eTradeWire News
- St. Johns River Cruises awarded highest ecotourism honor
- Uno Pizzeria And Grill And RCS Learning Center Form Partnership
- Hazardous Household Waste Event Proves Overwhelming Success for Georgia's Gwinnett County
- LumenData Welcomes Kiran Naik to Executive Team
- Bold Beauty Project's Shelly Baer and Eva Ritvo at Books & Books, Coral Gables August 23, 2018
- Exotica Housing Organizes Health Check up Camp on Senior Citizens Day at Group Housing Societies
- SalusCare Comedy Night Raises $122,317
Film Day at the Capitol is set for Tuesday, Feb. 27, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Georgia State Capitol, 206 Washington St. SW in Atlanta. For more information, contact Charles Bowen at email@example.com or 912-544-2050.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE BOWEN LAW GROUP AND SOUTHERN GATEWAY PRODUCTION SERVICES
As the founder of The Bowen Law Group, Charles Bowen has developed a reputation as one of Savannah's most experienced attorneys in entertainment law. Bowen is recognized within the Savannah film community for his formation of the Savannah Film Alliance in 2015. Bowen also founded Southern Gateway Production Services with the mission to ensure a seamless experience for out-of-town producers by providing connections with local crew, vendors and service providers. Southern Gateway Production Services is a signatory to all IATSE National Term Agreements. The Bowen Law Group and Southern Gateway Production Services are located at 7 East Congress St, Suite 1001. For more information, contact Charles Bowen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 912-544-2050.
Charles J. Bowen
Southern Gateway Production Services
Carriage Trade PR
Cecilia Russo Marketing
- CCTY Bearing Completes 12,000 Sq m Forging Factory
- Two Brand-New Single-Tenant Starbucks in Northern California Sell for $5.5 Million
- American Custom Converting leader in nonwoven folding converters
- New Service Allows Businesses to Protect and Improve Their Brand Reputation
- Vintage And Rare Posters & Records Hit The Auction Block
- Death Ray Vision to Tour New England in October
- USC Achieves ISO 13485 Certification
- L'adhésion à l'AMCA a été accordée à Rosenberg Canada
- Mattamy Homes Expands Team in Northeast Florida
- Realty Partners Introduces Real Estate Industry's first Mercedes-Benz® Car Bonus Program
- AF Distributors Clutches Expanded Territory Hearth & Outdoor Living: Two Powerhouse Brands
- Austin Ardanowski to Present at 2018 Coatings Trends & Technologies
- Advanced Core Concepts Successfully Completes AS9100D Certification
- POWERS Insurance and Risk Management Named One of Top Insurance Workplaces
- DevOps Midwest Conference Set for September 19-20 in St. Louis
- WESTCables & 1000ftCables are Clearing Off with Massive Discounts
- Louisiana's Shreveport-Bossier AAF Chapter Supports Free Press
- Now Available: Arc-1 Bluetooth Headphones by Aiwa
- Axiomtek Launches Edge AI System with NVIDIA Jetson TX2 Module & JetPack 3.2 Support –eBOX560-900-FL
- Forte Commercial Real Estate Grows to Meet Increasing Demands of Colorado Bioscience Community