Popular on eTradeWire
- Searchaerospace achieves first milestone listing repair capabilities 216
- Anna Faktorovich Announces Candidacy for Mayor of Quanah, Texas 194
- XOV prepares to launch its bank-grade digital payments arm, Slipstream, for cryptocurrency 177
- PacketSled Recognized by SC Media as a Finalist for Best Computer Forensic Solution 163
- Ring Power Corporation Appoints Alban President 148
- Paras Biopharmaceuticals Finland Oy Announces Successful Development of Biologically Active Romiplostim (N-Plate® Biosimilar) Production Technology 102
- The Hype Magazine Signs Exclusive Podcast Agreement With Digital Soapbox Network
- Delta Hotels Saskatoon Downtown Undergoes Transformation and Rebranding
- Foolay DC Releases New Single: Know What It Is
- Future-Proof Your Brewery in 2019
Similar on eTradeWire
- Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner Honors Disabled Veteran's Tribute To Black Vietnam Fallen Hero
- ACI Sets New Dates for National FOCI Forum & National Conference on CFIUS & Team Telecom After Government Shutdown
- Advanced Component Testing's Latest ISO 17025 Accreditation Covers Extended AS6171 Methods
- Acumentrics announces the addition of Integral Marketing as Mid Atlantic manufacturer's representative firm
- Brighton Cromwell Displaying at International Defense Exhibition (IDEX), held in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- New Market Report: Industry 4.0 Market, Technologies & Industry 2019-2023
- SV Microwave Presents Mouser Electronics with Distributor of the Year Award
- GET DEMO Acunetix Web Application Vulnerability Report 2019
- New Yorker Electronics Features Vishay Thick/Thin Film Mission-Critical Resistors
- CP Technologies Exhibiting at AFCEA West 2019 Show
"We are excited to be selected under the first call for proposals for the IDEaS program to help the CAF enhance soldier performance," said Steve Beck, CEO of SantosHuman Inc. "Our virtual human models based on Santos technologies have made a difference for U.S. warfighters, and we consider it an honor to serve Canadian soldiers by predicting and optimizing their performance."
CAF soldiers increasingly face unique physical, mental, and cognitive challenges, requiring them to carry more equipment and wear heavier armor. However, the weight and hindrance of increased equipment can become a liability to operational effectiveness—in some cases, overburdening soldiers to the point of causing injuries. Due to the lack of sufficient technology, DND has been limited in its ability to assess and evaluate trade-offs between different equipment and armor configurations, and likely operational outcomes regarding soldier burden, survivability, and performance. In 2018, DND launched the IDEaS program to identify innovative solutions to key challenges facing the CAF, including technology to improve the prediction and optimization of personnel performance.
More on eTradeWire News
- Super Seer Releases 100% American-Made Riot Helmet for Law Enforcement
- "The Elementals in Space" by Jane Mckeogh is published
- Oasis Senior Advisors continues nationwide expansion
- "You the one" new song by Yvng Swag
- Premiere online HR event focuses on Future of Work
- Load Cell Monitoring of a Tunnel Jacking Operation in Real-Time
- Water Celebration Founder Leslie Gabriel to Speak at the Leadership Awards Gala
Through the first IDEaS call for proposals, DND has selected for funding a new Canadian virtual Soldier Performance Prediction and Optimization Tool (CAN-SPPOT). Canadian researchers Ryan Graham (University of Ottawa) and Steve Fischer (University of Waterloo) lead a University-Industry partnership with SantosHuman Inc. to advance the state-of-the-art Santos Pro® platform to provide DND with an unprecedented ability to simulate warfighter performance based on specific individual and task-based characteristics. CAN-SPPOT will disrupt the status quo of conducting expensive and time-consuming field trials and best guesses to evaluate and optimize soldier-system fit, integration and performance, by using quick, cost-effective, trade-off analyses in a virtual environment.
"Understanding how to balance trade-offs between soldier personal characteristics, kit configuration, and operational effectiveness is a major challenge for our Canadian Armed Forces," said lead investigator Ryan Graham, PhD. "IDEaS support, in partnership with Santos Human Inc., the industry leader in predicting physical human behavior and performance, will allow us to develop a game-changing decision-making tool to inform our military leaders about mission critical kit configuration and operational effectiveness questions."
The research and development project will launch early in 2019, when the team will begin to integrate common CAF equipment and armor configurations into the Santos Pro® platform. The team will then embark on developing cutting-edge artificial intelligence-based algorithms, which enable Santos predictive models to generate soldier specific motion profiles under different kit configurations.
More on eTradeWire News
- Greg Drusch Wins 2018 WHBA Builder of the Year Award
- Aries Industries Makes Leap in Pipeline-Cutting Technology With Wolverine 2.0 Cutter
- European Foot & Ankle Clinic Now Has 7 Locations in Chicago for Podiatry Procedures
- Firefighters host all-ages show to raise funds for Mary's Place and Babies of Homelessness
- Five Trends for Solo Women Traveling
- Technicolor Showcases Wide Range of Open Connected Home Innovations and Partnerships at Mobile World Congress 2019 in Barcelona
- Southern Ocean Chamber meets with Congressman Kim
"Coupling physics-based biomechanical models with neural networks (artificial intelligence) will not only improve the realism of posture and motion prediction but will open the door to incorporating an individual's nuanced tendencies and history and to linking biomechanical models with cognitive models," said Dr. Tim Marler, SHI's Chief Research Scientist. "It is exciting to be involved in an effort like this, which will advance the field of human modeling as well as help support today's Warfighters."
SantosHuman Inc. provides virtual human-in-the-loop solutions to some of the most recognizable global companies in the world. The software offers the only existing comprehensive approach to predicting physical human behavior and performance that can consider strength, fatigue, flexibility, balance, vision, body-borne equipment, external forces and environmental conditions. Learn how to prevent your product's failure in the market at the earliest stages of design at www.santoshumaninc.com.
- McCarthy Promotes Mike Schulte to Vice President Operations Marine/Industrial, Southern Region
- Kent State Faculty Member Robert Jewell, Ph.D. Publishes Research on Secret Brand Consumption
- Retired NYS Court Officer Exposes Corruption
- Unique 'Silver Meditation' Helps People Connect With God in Simple Way that Works
- The Los Angeles Times' Bad Boy of Blues Launches New Song
- Opioid Crisis Expert Dr. John Rosa Encourages Drug-Free Pain Prescriptions
- Delays in processing PPI Claims by the Banks could lead to customers missing out on refunds
- CENTRIA Formawall® Panels Protect and Enhance Senior Housing Renovations
- ASA Takes Issue with Bank Agency Refusal to Hold Public Hearing on Regulation Affecting Homebuyers
- New Podcast Explores Anti-Anxiety Drugs, Sleeping Pills, and the Struggle of Withdrawal
- Janitorial Services in Metro Detroit Business Districts
- Tow Recover Assist Extends Mobile Battery Replacement & Delivery Service Area
- MedShare Donates Medical Supplies & Equipment to the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Imagination Park Introduces AR Tool for Advertising & Branding
- New Talk Radio Program Provides Self-Improvement Techniques
- Atlanta Nonprofit Mixes Optometry, Art, and Stone at Night of Spectacles
- Cyber Security Hub Digital Summit Unites Global Thought Leaders Online For Two Days Of Free Sessions
- Affordable Dental Implants, Dentures, and More from Easton Dentist
- YouDecide Named as One of the Best Places to Work
- Alternatives to Hyundai Extended Vehicle Warranties Available from autopom!