Popular on eTradeWire
- Mexico Investment Casting Facility Announces Robotic Expansion 233
- Menke to present at the 2019 Employee Ownership Conference 207
- EmeryStation West lease with Novartis 192
- The Frontline Falls Behind: Ineffective Training Threatens Financial Institutions, Says Support EXP 152
- Jill Liberman & Sean Kanan To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday Marcy 27, 2019 136
- NAACP Reveals Nominations For The 28th Annual Theatre Awards 134
- Hip-Hop Music Industry 2019 News 131
- Vacation Rental Puerta a la Playa joins the VisitLaManzanilla.com family 128
- Sales Jobs in Houston a Hidden Secret
- Single Mom Sarah Centrella Goes from Poverty to Best Selling Author Thanks to Her "Vision Boards"
Similar on eTradeWire
- S4 Inc. Announces 20-Year Anniversary
- Former BBC Reporter Kally Adderkin-Hall Catches Up Naga Munchetty at the Heropreneur Awards
- Apex Officer Launches Virtual Reality Program for Training Soldiers and the Military
- International Military Aviation Authority Updates at the Defence Aviation Safety Conference in three weeks' time
- Voyager Maritime Alliance Group (VMAG) successfully completes another government contract. This latest project is on board USS Ardent (MCM-12)
- Palomar Display Products, Inc. awarded a $40.7M US Army contract modification
- Atrex Energy Successfully demonstrated 1.5KW JP-8 Solid Oxide Fuel Cell (SOFC) power source to DOD
- New Book: Family Terror Networks - An Emerging Threat
- Military challenge coins provide a lasting symbol of teamwork
- Military personnel may receive additional tax benefits for 2018 returns
"We are excited to be selected under the first call for proposals for the IDEaS program to help the CAF enhance soldier performance," said Steve Beck, CEO of SantosHuman Inc. "Our virtual human models based on Santos technologies have made a difference for U.S. warfighters, and we consider it an honor to serve Canadian soldiers by predicting and optimizing their performance."
CAF soldiers increasingly face unique physical, mental, and cognitive challenges, requiring them to carry more equipment and wear heavier armor. However, the weight and hindrance of increased equipment can become a liability to operational effectiveness—in some cases, overburdening soldiers to the point of causing injuries. Due to the lack of sufficient technology, DND has been limited in its ability to assess and evaluate trade-offs between different equipment and armor configurations, and likely operational outcomes regarding soldier burden, survivability, and performance. In 2018, DND launched the IDEaS program to identify innovative solutions to key challenges facing the CAF, including technology to improve the prediction and optimization of personnel performance.
More on eTradeWire News
- C-FLUOR Submersible Probes, Ultra Low-Power sensors
- Six Years After Tragedy Rachael's First Week is Still Going Strong Educating Teens
- Invaluable Service for Older Drivers and Their Concerned Families
- Lakeside Pottery Studio Awarded the Better Business Bureau's 2019 Torch Award for Ethics
- Why 'Knot?' Celebrate National Pretzel Day Friday, April 26 at Bavarian Inn Restaurant
Through the first IDEaS call for proposals, DND has selected for funding a new Canadian virtual Soldier Performance Prediction and Optimization Tool (CAN-SPPOT). Canadian researchers Ryan Graham (University of Ottawa) and Steve Fischer (University of Waterloo) lead a University-Industry partnership with SantosHuman Inc. to advance the state-of-the-art Santos Pro® platform to provide DND with an unprecedented ability to simulate warfighter performance based on specific individual and task-based characteristics. CAN-SPPOT will disrupt the status quo of conducting expensive and time-consuming field trials and best guesses to evaluate and optimize soldier-system fit, integration and performance, by using quick, cost-effective, trade-off analyses in a virtual environment.
"Understanding how to balance trade-offs between soldier personal characteristics, kit configuration, and operational effectiveness is a major challenge for our Canadian Armed Forces," said lead investigator Ryan Graham, PhD. "IDEaS support, in partnership with Santos Human Inc., the industry leader in predicting physical human behavior and performance, will allow us to develop a game-changing decision-making tool to inform our military leaders about mission critical kit configuration and operational effectiveness questions."
The research and development project will launch early in 2019, when the team will begin to integrate common CAF equipment and armor configurations into the Santos Pro® platform. The team will then embark on developing cutting-edge artificial intelligence-based algorithms, which enable Santos predictive models to generate soldier specific motion profiles under different kit configurations.
More on eTradeWire News
- Formula Cloud: Become Data Resilient... Jump Start Your Mission with AWS Storage Options
- New Video Explores DANGERS OF BUI
- Join Artemis Women In Action Film Festival for an Incredible 4-Day Celebration of Female Action & Empowerment Heroes, Starting Thurs., April 25, 2019!
- Global Warming – Reduce Carbon Pollution & Particulates ECO Fuel Systems, LLC
- Check out the simple procedure to change Yahoo password
"Coupling physics-based biomechanical models with neural networks (artificial intelligence) will not only improve the realism of posture and motion prediction but will open the door to incorporating an individual's nuanced tendencies and history and to linking biomechanical models with cognitive models," said Dr. Tim Marler, SHI's Chief Research Scientist. "It is exciting to be involved in an effort like this, which will advance the field of human modeling as well as help support today's Warfighters."
SantosHuman Inc. provides virtual human-in-the-loop solutions to some of the most recognizable global companies in the world. The software offers the only existing comprehensive approach to predicting physical human behavior and performance that can consider strength, fatigue, flexibility, balance, vision, body-borne equipment, external forces and environmental conditions. Learn how to prevent your product's failure in the market at the earliest stages of design at www.santoshumaninc.com.
- Millenium SynthFuels Announces The Success of It's Exhaust Gas Clean-up Technologies
- Fennemore Craig Attorneys Recognized in AZ Big Media List of Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona for 2019
- Declassification of CBD in Texas Clears Path for Radix Remedies Store Openings
- New Dance Academy with a Passion for Humble
- El Dorado Furniture is hiring for various positions in Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Lee counties!
- KSPS Productions Nominated for Two 2018 Northwest Regional Professional Emmy® Awards
- 9th St. Louis Teen Talent Competition Finals Winners Announced
- The Spring Carlisle Auction Readies for Two Days of Fast Paced Excitement
- Carlisle Events Celebrates the Summer of '69 During the 2019 Event Season
- ABCO Energy Announces Results of Operations for 2018
- Raritan Valley Dance Ensemble to perform at The Center for Contemporary Art
- CourseFromScratch.Com Reviews - Danielle Leslie's High Ticket Program
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer To Speak at Governor's Fitness Awards in Detroit
- British Swim School Is On The Move To Canada
- Christian Music Site, Indieheaven.com, Closes
- New Silva UltraMind book helps you unleash your personal power
- International House at UC Berkeley to Recognize Notable Alumna Baroness Oona King
- Dr Imafidon MBE gets honoured with the freedom of the City of London
- 5 Ways To Think Eco-Friendly When Clothes Shopping This Spring
- Agency on Aging Hosts 45th Annual Meeting & Community Partner Recognition Luncheon