Popular on eTradeWire
- Mona Clayton, RN Launches Mix & Mentor emPOWER Hour Global Tour at Hotel 50 Bowery 119
- Even Neutral Switzerland Can't Stomach Philip Morris
- Radio Vet Connie Birth returns to The Spin Awards as the Red Carpet host
- Justices Free Up Funding For Trump's Wall
- Variety – The Children's Charity of Wisconsin CEO on Modern Living with kathy ireland®
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Abilene Celebrates Topping Off
- Goldberg Brothers ships new folding barn door hardware
- Shuvu Banim Announces Israeli Rabbi Eliyahu Merav Video Statement of Support for Rabbi Berland
- Armsons teams up with Repton School for new sports facilities
- Macy's Caves Over "Fat Shaming," But Maybe It Works
Similar on eTradeWire
- Taliban Continues Fighting Heavily Disregards Afghan-led Peace, Elections Expected
- PADT Awarded U.S. Army Phase I SBIR Grant for Combustor Geometry Research Using 3D Printing, Simulation, and Product Development
- Geo Owl Makes the 2019 Inc. 5000 List
- VORAGO Technologies Receives NASA SBIR Award for Latch-up Protection IC
- MiaSolé Flexible and Lightweight Solar Module Demonstrates Superior Resilience to Penetrative Damage
- Coyote Brown And The US Navy Uniform Update For Custom USN Shirts
- California jet drone startup New Frontier Aerospace wins grant from F3 Tech Accelerator
- Palomar Display Products, Inc. awarded three contracts with a total value of $10.2M
- American public desires to leave Afghanistan, U.S. government not agree
- Gun, Firearm & Assault Weapon Controls - The Debate
"We are excited to be selected under the first call for proposals for the IDEaS program to help the CAF enhance soldier performance," said Steve Beck, CEO of SantosHuman Inc. "Our virtual human models based on Santos technologies have made a difference for U.S. warfighters, and we consider it an honor to serve Canadian soldiers by predicting and optimizing their performance."
CAF soldiers increasingly face unique physical, mental, and cognitive challenges, requiring them to carry more equipment and wear heavier armor. However, the weight and hindrance of increased equipment can become a liability to operational effectiveness—in some cases, overburdening soldiers to the point of causing injuries. Due to the lack of sufficient technology, DND has been limited in its ability to assess and evaluate trade-offs between different equipment and armor configurations, and likely operational outcomes regarding soldier burden, survivability, and performance. In 2018, DND launched the IDEaS program to identify innovative solutions to key challenges facing the CAF, including technology to improve the prediction and optimization of personnel performance.
More on eTradeWire News
- "The Dexan Queen of Speed" by Dr Fy is published
- Recipe for Success in Playtacular's Refreshing New Root Beer Float Challenge Game
- GBKSOFT Offers the Development of Custom On-demand Service Apps with the Use of Ready-Made Modules at Affordable Prices
- Jamie Whitmore, Paralympic Cyclist to appear at Omaha Connect Ride
- "iCrime Uber" by Ian Purdie is published
Through the first IDEaS call for proposals, DND has selected for funding a new Canadian virtual Soldier Performance Prediction and Optimization Tool (CAN-SPPOT). Canadian researchers Ryan Graham (University of Ottawa) and Steve Fischer (University of Waterloo) lead a University-Industry partnership with SantosHuman Inc. to advance the state-of-the-art Santos Pro® platform to provide DND with an unprecedented ability to simulate warfighter performance based on specific individual and task-based characteristics. CAN-SPPOT will disrupt the status quo of conducting expensive and time-consuming field trials and best guesses to evaluate and optimize soldier-system fit, integration and performance, by using quick, cost-effective, trade-off analyses in a virtual environment.
"Understanding how to balance trade-offs between soldier personal characteristics, kit configuration, and operational effectiveness is a major challenge for our Canadian Armed Forces," said lead investigator Ryan Graham, PhD. "IDEaS support, in partnership with Santos Human Inc., the industry leader in predicting physical human behavior and performance, will allow us to develop a game-changing decision-making tool to inform our military leaders about mission critical kit configuration and operational effectiveness questions."
The research and development project will launch early in 2019, when the team will begin to integrate common CAF equipment and armor configurations into the Santos Pro® platform. The team will then embark on developing cutting-edge artificial intelligence-based algorithms, which enable Santos predictive models to generate soldier specific motion profiles under different kit configurations.
More on eTradeWire News
- Attivo Networks® to Present on Deception-Based Threat Detection at ILTACON 2019
- DigiFabster Introduces Shift 3D as Platinum Reseller Partner
- Can smelling good change your life?
- Enmarket to Raise Funds Throughout August for LLS's Light the Night
- Newark will Host National Opportunity Zone Pitch Competition on October 17
"Coupling physics-based biomechanical models with neural networks (artificial intelligence) will not only improve the realism of posture and motion prediction but will open the door to incorporating an individual's nuanced tendencies and history and to linking biomechanical models with cognitive models," said Dr. Tim Marler, SHI's Chief Research Scientist. "It is exciting to be involved in an effort like this, which will advance the field of human modeling as well as help support today's Warfighters."
SantosHuman Inc. provides virtual human-in-the-loop solutions to some of the most recognizable global companies in the world. The software offers the only existing comprehensive approach to predicting physical human behavior and performance that can consider strength, fatigue, flexibility, balance, vision, body-borne equipment, external forces and environmental conditions. Learn how to prevent your product's failure in the market at the earliest stages of design at www.santoshumaninc.com.
- Criminal Sexual Conduct Lawyer Lynne Torgerson averts criminal sexual conduct charges against client
- John R. Wood Announces Top Producers for July 2019
- Metroplex Premier League Founding Member Division 4 Rookie Amateur REAL UNION F.C
- Open Road Girl Hosts All Womens Ride At Vette City Motorcycle Music Fest
- Former Disney Animator has Gone to the Dogs
- The Bridge Experience is Set to Take People on a Powerful Personal Journey to Kick Start 2020 Decade
- Mark McKenzie Promoted to Excavation and Construction Manager at Roto-Rooter Plumbers of Savannah
- Mentoring for Leadership by Top Execs and Elected Officials Made Easy with the Twelve@Twelve
- Conglomerate of Women Owned Businesses launch the Southern Crescent's First Funding Pitch
- Enmarket Opens Newly Renovated Downtown MLK Store in Savannah – Redesigned with Community in Mind
- "That Which Was Lost: The Deltic Disaster – Part Two" by Jeff Vawter is published
- Introducing: Keller Covered – Home Insurance Made Simple
- PAG.law Attorneys Ranked Among Nation's Top Law Firms by Chambers & Partners
- Never Before On Amazon: A First
- Has the Polio Virus returned to complete its original devastating attack
- Local Marketing companies Launches a Social Media Platform For Contractors
- Stay Frosty Enterprises Goes Live On Amazon
- Documentary Film "Harlem School 1970" by Phil Gries Reviewed on the GingerNewYork TV Show
- Rapper Young Steens signs with 1017 Brick Squad Records
- The Property Shop to Open August 23rd and Hold Back to School Drive Aug. 24th