Popular on eTradeWire
- Roasters Coffee - Community Giving Day December 31st, 2018 187
- NCRF Proudly Announces the 20th Annual Black College Expo Giving Millions in Scholarships On Site 179
- Apex Officer Showcasing Latest Virtual Reality Police Training Innovation at CES 2019 163
- Homestake Capital teams up with CCB Foundation to make bike racing an educational experience 153
- Author & Motivational Specialist Stephanie C. White was a Keynote Speaker at the Wow Wedding Expo 153
- Kemet Educational Services launches Holiday STEM Online Course 124
- Steve Dalton Wes Wilt Being Investigated 124
- The Fastest Way To Build The Boarder Wall In 2019: Jose Franco For US President 2020 105
- Actor and MTv show host Nick Cannon pays it forward 105
- Easy to Build Network by BUSYZ
Similar on eTradeWire
- Mom and Small Business Owner Sharifah Hardie: Government shutdown is "bullshit!"
- Nightstick Launches TCM-Series Compact Handgun Weapon Lights at SHOT Show 2019
- VCPWA announces Derrick Wilson as the New Strategic Operations Manager
- CDL drug test requirements begin prior to employment
- Mayor Sylvester Turner of Houston to Receive the Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at Tribute to Mayors
- Eddie Deen Bringing the Best in Texas BBQ to another Gubernatorial Inauguration
- The National Association of Minority Political Consultants
- **Attention all Federal Furloughed workers!**
- Local Chocolate Manufacturer Carlo Bacci Enters the Race for Reading, MA Select Board
The President's Speech Does Not Address The Problem: Shutting Down Our Government Is No Way To Govern
By Anh Lê
The president's 10-minute speech to the nation is not intended to end his shutdown of the government, but will only lengthen it indefinitely. While blaming the Democrats for the government's shutdown, it is he who ordered the shutdown and smugly declared from its beginning that he owns it.
The president is holding the American people hostage, including the 800,000 Federal workers affected by it, through his autocratic rule. His assertion of one-man rule violates the democratic and constitutional system of government he is sworn to uphold. His demand as ransom from the American people to end the government shutdown is at least $5.7 billion for his "Wall."
A president holding the American people hostage is not governing. The American people must feel terribly ashamed and embarrassed that our democracy and great nation is being strangled by a despotic ruler who has no respect for a checks-and-balances system of government at all. What other nation on earth has a president or elected leader who rules her or his country by proudly declaring to shut their government down? Not one.
More on eTradeWire News
- Jim Stepanich of RTP Sports Medicine & Physical Therapy reminds No RX required for PT in Illinois
- Rotary Club of Flagler Beach to Host Race of the Runway for Rotary Fundraiser Feb. 2nd
- UK Singer/Songwriter Rob Palladino Releases Highly Anticipated Debut Album "Spirit Trail"
- Too much Clutter? Winter Storage Tips from PODS® Tucson Moving and Storage Leader
- Maria Raquel Thomas Named Featured Slimer at Largest DC Slime Expo
- Federal Government Employees Without Pay Get Free Jumps At Sky Zone Joliet
- Jim Stepanich of RTP Sports Medicine & Physical Therapy announces their Fourth Anniversary
Speaker Nancy Pelosi's and Senator Chuck Schumer's response to the President's speech is the voice of reason. We must as Americans demand of the President and our elected officials to end the government shutdown now.
Anh Lê is a writer and independent journalist.
Copyright Anh Lê, January 8, 2019
Pelosi Schumer Response
Post at Wright Enterprises
- Hanley Investment Group Arranges Sale of New Raising Cane's in Minneapolis Metro Area
- Women on the Rise NY, Inc. to exhibit at the National Stationery Show in NYC
- Tagrail Releases New Version of Their Digital Retail Platform at NADA in San Francisco
- Euphrates Vascular announces FDA clearance of the ICHOR Reperfusion System
- Energetic Lighting is proud to introduce its new Adjustable Wall Packs and Small Flood light Series
- SantosHuman Inc., U Ottawa, and U Waterloo Partner to Research Canadian Soldier Performance Tool
- Deborah Von Brod of DNA Films Reality Tv pairs up with Kaola King of Kateha Music
- Breakouts Announced for The Orange Conference 2019
- Seasoned Bankruptcy and Finance Attorney Jed Donaldson Joins Vandeventer Black
- Too much Clutter? Winter Storage Tips from PODS® Las Vegas Moving and Storage Leader
- SCBIO Announces 2019 Executive Committee for State's Life Sciences Organization Board of Directors
- TN Visa for Mexican and American Citizens - A Technical Writer's Success Story
- Strata Solar Achieves Zero Occurrences of Injuries In 2018
- Submissions Open for the Fourth Installment in Appalachian Anthologies Collection
- Models Coming Soon to Lennar's Discovery at Western Enclave!
- Healthcare MBA Charts New Path for Professionals
- Engelheim Vineyards Earns Winery Of Distinction Award in the 2018 Georgia Trustees Wine Competition
- Intrinsic Quality, LLC announces National Instruments Certified Alliance Partnership
- Alexander Sachs And Brian Peterson Arrange $3.15 Million Retail Sale To Private Buyer
- Delphin DAQ System Performs Fault Diagnosis Test on a CT Scanner