Popular on eTradeWire
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 510
- Realistic Salary Expectations for Teaching English Overseas 295
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 157
- Island Intellectual Property Sues StoneCastle for $172 million 121
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels
- Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center Implements Digisonics Solution for OB Ultrasound
- Tourico Vacations Reviews Getaway
- SEO Consultancy launches in York
- ETV's SkyAI Technology is a Winner at the US-China Innovation Alliance's InnoSTARS Houston Competition
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Eric Lea
Similar on eTradeWire
- Keyboardist Cal Harris Jr. Releases Long Anticipated Album Release "Soulful" on Innervision Records
- Jenny Bienemann's "Haiku Milieu" Chicago Release Concert at Uncommon Ground Edgewater on July 11, 7-9 pm
- Brooklyn Conservatory Of Music To Host 3rd Annual World Refugee Day Festival
- Tickets On Sale for 17th annual Independent Music Awards & Indie Konference in New York City
- Top 5 iTunes Artist James Lee Baker Selected For Emerging Artist Showcase At Falcon Ridge Folk Fest
- Euro Band Kuhl launch their new Vinyl Double Album 'Pas De Deux' with an Innovative Twist
- Key West's own Chris Thomas Music wins WeddingWire Couples Choice Award 2019 for the Florida Keys
- Hip-Hop Artist & Entrepreneur Suga-T Speaks Out On Sephora
- BET's Hustle in Brooklyn Star Drops Summer Hit Record and Visual
- Join Our Personalization App Party and Make Your Phone Look UNIQUE
"A Taste of Spain,"
in a uniquely Spanish program on Sunday, January 27 at 3 p.m.
at the Elsinore Theatre in Salem, Oregon.
Musical selections will encompass Spanish popular music, ballet, opera, zarzuelas, and flamenco. The program will take audience members from the fire of Spanish dance to the mysterious and beautiful melodies of Spain's rich heritage.
Flamenco includes singing, guitar playing, dance, and handclapping. It was developed through the rich cross-cultural interchange that occurred in southern Spain. Vocalist Emily Miles, dancers Laura Dubroca and Veronica Medina Cano join with flamenco guitarist Julia Banzi and the Salem Symphonic Winds in a dynamic musical celebration of Spanish cultures.
The featured work is Duende, by Luis Serrano Alarcon. The multi-movement work explores the state of inspiration and supreme perceptiveness, almost magic, which is achieved in flamenco by the performer on rare occasions. The work will feature Casey Younger in a dramatic bass guitar solo, and flamenco dancing by Veronica Medina Cano and Laura Dubroca.
More on eTradeWire News
- Marketing + Advertising + Promotion = $ for Business Owners and CEOs
- ViewStub Presents: Mad Transit live in concert for Robert's Recovery Fundraiser
- Comprehensive Benefit Administrators' Michael McKenna speaks at Quincy Rotary
- Cohen Architectural Woodworking's Phillip Cohen Named to Small Business Hall of Fame
- Resort-style pool, clubhouse now underway at Seasons
Also featured will be musical selections from the zarzuela, a dramatic art form which includes song, dance, speaking and instrumental interludes and Spanish ballets. Selections from La Vida Breve, a zarzuela by Manuel de Falla, concludes with the final tragic dance by the young gypsy Salud. The Intermezzo from La Boda de Luis Alonso by Gerónimo Giménez will feature both Spanish dancing and a virtuosic castanet solo by Veronica Medina Cano. The Ritual Dance of Fire, an audience favorite dance feature from the ballet El Armor Brujo by Manuel de Falla, will be danced by Laura Dubroca.
Emily Miles brings deeply soulful interpretations to songs. She will join flamenco guitarist Julia Banzi in a new treatment of Procuro Olvidarte by Manuel Alejandro and Ana Magdalena, and a unique interpretation of the folk song Wayfaring Stranger. The band will include the arrangement of the song by Chrisopher Nelson, director of bands at McNary High School. Rounding out the program will be Roma by Valerie Coleman, Arabesque by Samuel Hazo, and the pasodoble España cañí, a Spanish Gypsy dance by Pasqual Marquina Narro.
More on eTradeWire News
- NEVA Mobile Vascular Access Company, Chosen To Compete In MassChallenge Boston 2019
- South Carolina Economic Developer Kim Williams Graduates from Leadership Greenville
- Royse Law Firm Expands Estate Planning Team
- Eighteen Henderson Franklin Lawyers Selected as 2019 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Channel Islands Harbor to Hold Fine Art Festival
John Skelton will conduct the concert and offer a pre-concert talk about the concert music at 2 pm on the Elsinore Theatre main floor. The Salem Clarinet Ensemble will perform a few selections following the talk.
Ticket prices are $30 for reserved premium seating, $20 for general admission and $10 for students' general admission (K – 12). Tickets are available at the Elsinore Theatre at 170 High Street SE in Salem, or online at
Salem Symphonic Winds
Here is a link to some high resolution photos
John Skelton, Artistic Director
- Kelseyville Mobile Home Park supports Lake County Land Trust
- Former City Council Candidate Spearheads Empowerment Men's Conference
- Infertility Through a Father's Eyes
- Bloomex supports Snow4Kids Brisbane
- Be Timeless with Dr. Sonny O, Plastic Surgeon
- 2019 Women's World Cup, a Marketing Opportunity For Hispanic Food Products
- Spring Detangling Made Easy-Save Money and Labor Hours with These Spring Detanglers
- Record prices are set at Material Culture's Straight Up: American Outside Art auction held June 10th
- National Opioid Crisis Expert Dr. John Rosa Reveals Entire Generation Adversely Affected by Opioids
- MERGE4 Releases New Line of Youth Size Socks
- How Electric Scooters Took Over Austin
- An Enchanted Racetrack Awaits in the Novel, Stairway to Heaven
- Website Update - Linking ReduceRegens.com How to reduce REGEN's-Diesel Regeneration Cycles +/-70%
- 2019 NFPA Robotics Challenge Scholarship Winner Announced
- Tax Resolution Attorney John P. Willis Shares An Overview of Several Tax Related Topics
- Christos Sierros viewed: Generic Bosentan of Tracleer® (Actelion Pharmaceuticals) Tablet 62.5/125mg
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion Coin Cell Batteries Offer the Highest mAh Capacity Available
- Xometry's CFO Named Emerging Growth CFO of the Year
- NTI Now Offering a Wireless Environment Monitoring System Solution
- The Estate & Asset Protection Law Firm Founder, Victoria L Collier On The Importance of a Death Plan