Popular on eTradeWire
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 490
- Realistic Salary Expectations for Teaching English Overseas 258
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 156
- Island Intellectual Property Sues StoneCastle for $172 million 118
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels
- Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center Implements Digisonics Solution for OB Ultrasound
- Tourico Vacations Reviews Getaway
- SEO Consultancy launches in York
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Eric Lea
- New Children's Book Celebrates Jamaican Culture
Similar on eTradeWire
- Ainstein placed #1 in Market category at prestigious NASA Jet Propulsion Lab pitch event
- Perspecta Adopts GL Studio For Cockpits and Dashboards
- SoftInWay, Inc. Announces AS9100 Certification
- Century Fasteners Corp. Will Attend 2019 Paris Air Show
- GE Certification Adds to Aerospace Surface Finishing Ambitions of Fintek
- Plymouth Tube Co. To Exhibit at Paris Air Show 2019
- NCSC, NBIB, Industry Insiders Interpret the Latest Policies & Impart Best Practices & Strategic Insights at ACI's 2nd National Summit on Classified
- ETV's SkyAI Technology is a Winner at the US-China Innovation Alliance's InnoSTARS Houston Competition
- Aerospace Innovator Hydra-Electric to Introduce New Sensing Technologies at Paris Air Show
With the recent acquisition of HyComp LLC and American Seal & Engineering companies, leaders in composite and metal sealing technologies respectively, Saint-Gobain Seals has geared itself to be a partner that can meet the needs of many aerospace and space Tier 1s and OEMs, providing not only specific critical parts but also co-engineering to provide a complete system.
Along with the above critical seals and polymer parts that are used for high-temperature needs, their Fluoroloy® A90 material has also been designed to help with this growing challenge. It has been tested in various challenging working conditions and proven to be most suited for the following jet engine (https://www.seals.saint-gobain.com/markets/aerospace/gas-turbine-engines?utm_source=PR&utm_medium=PR&utm_campaign=Paris-Air-Show-0619) applications: bearing chambers, sump systems, internal gearboxes and accessories as well as other aerospace applications with high-temperature requirements (e.g., bleed air systems and de-icing systems). Best used with OmniSeal® spring energized seals in extreme applications that have high temperature requirements, the polymer material can withstand temperatures up to 365°C (690°F) with a stable retention of compressive sealing force.
More on eTradeWire News
- Aspirify, Inc., A lifestyle transformation company opens new office in the Rail District
- Compassionate In-Home Care, Inc. Earns 2018 Angie's List Super Service Award
- 10 Seconds Inside The Broad Museum
- Bucks County Air Conditioning Service
- Topaz Information Solutions adds key partner True Mobile Health to enhance care to provider organizations
Because of this temperature benefit, it is an ideal solution for jet engine lubrication systems where the soak back temperature is sometimes difficult to estimate but does provide between 80 to 100°C more than the permanent working temperature. With a higher performance level (365°C), Fluoroloy® A90 offers better reliability and a superior safety level in comparison to solutions reaching their maximum performance below 300°C and only designed for nominal working temperatures.
The OmniSeal® product line of spring-energized seals is a robust solution in itself, being used in many space applications since the start of the NASA program 60 years ago, e.g., Apollo program, space shuttle program, Mars Rover exploration program and SLS program. Saint-Gobain Seals released a special technical white paper (https://info.seals.saint-gobain.com/sealing-solutions-in-critical-cryogenic-space-applications?hs_preview=TWRTTaLz-7823602440) for engineers and manufacturers in the space industry to help them gain critical engineering insights and further understand other stressing factors that affect sealing performance aside from leakage rate. Titled "Sealing Solutions in Critical Cryogenic Applications: Going Beyond Leakage Rate," the white paper detailed key as well as overlooked factors related to seal selection for core systems in extreme environments such as cryogenic fuel tanks and feedlines.
The OmniSeal® rotary PTFE lip seals have also been used as critical parts for many decades in aerospace industry since they are viable alternatives to mechanical or carbon seals solutions when linear shaft speed is above 15 m/s. The lip seals are being used in rotorhead (along with spring-energized seals) and other aerospace applications, including several with linear speed in excess of 90 m/s. Advantages include ease of installation and replacement versus mechanical seals, much less space to be integrated into hardware, and compact design in accessory gearboxes for jet engines but also all accessories connection on turboshaft engines.
More on eTradeWire News
- The Legendary Huset's Speedway Is Up For Grabs In A Winner Take-All Race
- Eliza Neals "Sweet or Mean," the new EP of raw Blues-rock OUT July 4th on E-H Records LLC
- L.A. Wolves FC's Donovan Preslin Selected to Nicaragua's Youth Under-19 National Team
- BraveHeart Wireless Announces FDA Clearance of the BraveHeart™ Life Sensor Cardiac Monitoring System
- Brooklyn Conservatory Of Music To Host 3rd Annual World Refugee Day Festival
To learn more about Saint-Gobain Seals' product lines or its strategic business unit, visit www.seals.saint-gobain.com or their social media channel, twitter.com/sgseals.
About Saint-Gobain Seals (www.seals.saint-gobain.com)
Saint-Gobain Seals is a strategic business unit under Saint-Gobain High Performance Solutions, Mobility; our parent company, Saint-Gobain, is one of the world's top 100 industrial groups as well as one of the oldest manufacturing companies in the world with over 350 years of excellence. With more than 60 years of manufacturing experience and an established global presence (with strategic sites in Garden Grove, California, USA; Kontich, Belgium; and Minhang, Shanghai, China), we offer a diverse range of critical engineered sealing and polymer solutions for extreme applications.
+1 800 544 0080
- Tickets On Sale for 17th annual Independent Music Awards & Indie Konference in New York City
- FetchRev Announces New Name, Logo and Capabilities for Merchants and Consumers
- Rotary Club of Flagler Beach Now Taking Fabulous Fourth Parade Applications
- Toronto Construction Company: Lions Den Construction
- A new Houston based career consulting company is helping executives with a provocative full-service approach
- FSR's Symphony Linx Wins Best of Show Award at InfoComm, Presented by AV Technology
- Amitech and UiPath Partner to Accelerate Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and AI Digital Solutions
- Keep Lee County Beautiful receives statewide recognition
- Fort Myers Miracle to celebrate Independence Day with largest fireworks show of the season
- Beach Front Grille Donates $5K to Flagler Beach Police Dept. and Flagler County Fire Dept
- Bennington Nissan & Bennington Chevy Buick Cadillac Named Fastest Growing Dealership In The Country
- Gold Star Wives and Mothers Say "No" to Socialism in Rally for Freedom at U.S. Capitol July 4th!
- Award Honors Dr. W.M. Cobb, Recognizes Promising Anatomy Researchers
- creative.space's //DEUS EX Gets Huge Performance Boost with Integration of NF1 Cards
- Saelig Introduces the PCBite System For Precise PCB Probing
- 2019 U.S. Grocery Shopper Trends Report Reveals What Consumers Want
- Ad Spending Continues Robust Increase In 2020
- ISCG Announces Senior Leadership Succession
- Bosco Tech Students Begin Professional Summer Internships Across L.A. Area
- Millennials are Ruining the World? an Xennial perspective bridges the gap between Generations X & Y