Popular on eTradeWire
- New Trend? - Hopkins Joins Loyola and Arizona in Arresting Protestors 5441
- Expired Ford Warranty Alternatives Helping Drivers Find Automotive Peace of Mind 166
- Jes Marie's "Party in the Sun" may just be the song of the Summer! 119
- Miller Homes Yorkshire Shares Ambitious Plans At End Of New Homes Week 2019 112
- Less than 2 weeks until SMi's 19th Annual Pain Therapeutics Conference in London 109
- Sprrkle Media acquired Hollywood Silver Screen Network to expand to community building
- Census - Asking About Citizenship May Be Legal, Even Required
- Ivy Ray @iam_ivyray featured on the 2 HOT 4 AIRWAVES Compilation Vol 3 #YouTube and #Spotify
- Special Event Held at Munger's Premier Subaru Job Site
- Digisonics Collaborates with Dr. Charles Mullins on Pediatric Cardiology Reporting Solution
Similar on eTradeWire
- ETV's SkyAI Technology is a Winner at the US-China Innovation Alliance's InnoSTARS Houston Competition
- ERS electronic Introduces Bernd Krafthoefer as The Americas Sales and Marketing Director
- SQA Announces 48 QA Professionals Have Earned the Prestigious RQAP Credential
- COSMIC awarded 3.5 Million Euro for inspection system to detect CBRNE threats in containers
- Chicago Initiative Exposes Tech-Enabled Businesses for Opportunity Zones
- Sequential Process Control via Intuitive, Automated Systems
- 3C Consulting Founder and CEO, Nic Easley Joins Americans for Safe Access (ASA) 2019 Board of Directors
- Voyager Maritime Alliance Group (VMAG) Donates 1st Class Rigid Inflatable Boat (RIB) to Marine Science and Natural Training Academy (MANTA)
- S-cubed Announces A3 Informatics Merger and New Partners
Kim Stephens, president of Project Alive, updated the Hunter Syndrome community on the progress of the study and the organization's fund-raising efforts during a Facebook Live message on Wednesday evening -- May 15, MPS Awareness Day. See her message here: https://www.facebook.com/projectalive/videos/20...
The safety studies, a necessary first step, are needed to begin the gene therapy drug trial for a promising cure for Hunter Syndrome.
"What this means is we've gone through checks to make sure that the vector is safe in the animal models," Stephens said referring to vehicle by which the desired gene is delivered to the cells during the therapy being tested. "After the safety study is complete, a report of the findings will be submitted to the FDA. This will bring us another step closer to moving forward with the actual study of the gene therapy drug."
More on eTradeWire News
- SOM Talk Live Invades The 2019 BET Experience in Los Angeles, California!
- Minimal Inhibitory Concentration Kit-For Gram Negative Rods
- The Impact Factor Movie Kickstarter Launch
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Greg Kearney
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Mark Steele
Project Alive is a grassroots organization formed by parents whose children suffer from Hunter Syndrome, a rare degenerative disease that affects mainly boys and limits life expectancy to the early teen years in the most severe cases. The organization works to raise awareness for Hunters Syndrome, provides support for Hunter Syndrome families and raises funds for research to find a cure. The non-profit has raised a total of $2.35 million and funded the preclinical work and vector manufacturing for the trial set to be conducted at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. That is just $150,000 shy of the funding needed for the full clinical trial.
"We needed a cure yesterday, but we're optimistic we will be able to move things along to the next step very soon," Stephens said, whose son Cole was diagnosed with Hunter Syndrome in 2012 at two and a half years old. The founders of Project Alive, the world's leading Hunter Syndrome research and advocacy foundation, initiated their own gene therapy research for the disease when there was none. They contacted and collaborated with researchers and have been funding this trial from its preclinical stages to its IND approval from the FDA to its current stage. They will continue to advocate for families affected by Hunter Syndrome as well as act as a resource for the rare disease community once the trial begins.
More on eTradeWire News
- Heterotaxy Connection Seeking Conference Sponsors
- Toll Brothers starts VIP list for its new community to be built at the Aurora Reservoir
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Eric Lea
- A Children's Book Where The Baby Farts Bubbles!
- New Release: Foundations of the Faith - Paperback edition
Project Alive is poised to serve the Hunter Syndrome community by continuing to fund and design research, assist industry in the space, and bring new insights into the scientific community about this rare disease. Project Alive continues to work closely with the National MPS Society and the other Hunter Syndrome groups with the goal of saving and improving the lives of those affected by the disease. Plans are in the works to start a rare disease registry for Mucopolysaccharidosis or MPS. Hunter Syndrome is a form of Mucopolysaccharidosis known as MPSII.
Project Alive is a powerful voice for children and adults with Hunter Syndrome, bringing together families and advocates with researchers, industry, and regulators. Project Alive funds promising curative research, assists researchers and industry with designing research studies for our community, and advocates for the most effective and efficient system of clinical research, evaluation, and approval. Through its innovative campaigns and grassroots efforts, Project Alive has made significant advances in public awareness about Hunter Syndrome and its symptoms, the need for early diagnosis, and available treatments and clinical trials.
- Chris Evans, Josh Brolin, Zoe Saldana, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Lee Pace & Taron Egerton Headline
- Murder, Clairvoyance, and Paranormal Activities Galore In "No Rest for The Wicked"
- Intelliloan Named LendingTree Top Ten Lender For Q1 2019
- FDA Compliant Blood Storage and Preservation
- 5.8 Million Canadians Watched The Raptors-76ers Game 7, Breaking Viewership and Betting Records
- Cavallo Hoof Boots Q&A: How can I keep my horse safe while trailering?
- Miller & Miller's June 7-8 auction will feature collector-grade art, clocks, lamps, art glass, pens
- Eighth Annual GLOBAL WELLNESS DAY Celebration
- Top 5 Reasons to Sip BN Labs Organic Greens Daily
- Wow! Luxury Panama City Beach Realtor Promotes Homes To Ensure YOU Get The Money You Deserve!
- For The Love Of Knives: Premium Knives and Blades for Hunting, Camping, and More
- df|MG releases SYFI 2 and Planet Earth Cinematic Sound Effect Libraries
- Coffee, Kittens, and Smiles Fort Lauderdale's Only Pop Up Cat Café!
- NCSC, NBIB, Industry Insiders Interpret the Latest Policies & Impart Best Practices & Strategic Insights at ACI's 2nd National Summit on Classified
- American Rapper and Hip-Hop Recording Artist Heartless @Heartless412
- What makes ethnic rhinoplasty so challenging?
- Passfeed Cashes In On Etfs And Mutual Funds
- Carrier Outlet: Premium Baby Carriers and Accessories for Happy Parents and Babies!
- Elegant Dog Emporium: Premium Dog Apparel, Accessories, and Supplies
- Garden Guru Co: Enhance the Appearance of Your Garden with Lovely Decorative Pieces