Popular on eTradeWire
- Searchaerospace achieves first milestone listing repair capabilities 215
- Anna Faktorovich Announces Candidacy for Mayor of Quanah, Texas 190
- XOV prepares to launch its bank-grade digital payments arm, Slipstream, for cryptocurrency 172
- PacketSled Recognized by SC Media as a Finalist for Best Computer Forensic Solution 159
- Ring Power Corporation Appoints Alban President 145
- Paras Biopharmaceuticals Finland Oy Announces Successful Development of Biologically Active Romiplostim (N-Plate® Biosimilar) Production Technology 102
- The Hype Magazine Signs Exclusive Podcast Agreement With Digital Soapbox Network
- Delta Hotels Saskatoon Downtown Undergoes Transformation and Rebranding
- Foolay DC Releases New Single: Know What It Is
- Mirage 8524 DLZ Bar LE Takes 2019 Innovation Award
Similar on eTradeWire
- For The Affluent Retiree: Tax and Income Blog
- New tax law enhances the appeal of C corporations
- Grant Victor Companies & Automated Transaction Delivery Announce a Strategic Partnership
- Paramount Management Group Acquires New Jersey-Based CAI ATMs
- XOV opens its doors to Asia and partners with ABCC Exchange
- Members Advantage Credit Union donates to Steady Stitchers
- Healthcare Systems Federal Credit Union Upgrades to Dolphin Debit to Manage its ATMs
- Catapult Advisors' client, Jinfonet Software, acquired by Logi Analytics
- Blum Telehealth teams with Medxoom to modernize Patient Engagement & Payments
- International Joint Venture Launching the Blockchain Ecosystem for emerging markets!
"Legislators, regulators, financial institutions and service providers want to know the best methods to establish cannabis banking in their states to keep their communities safer and offer a viable banking option for legal cannabis businesses," said Sundie Seefried, Safe Harbor Services Chairman and CEO of Partner Colorado Credit Union and Safe Harbor Private Banking. "After recently meeting with officials in Massachusetts and Michigan over several days, we realized the benefits of sharing our best practices to help other states navigate this new frontier."
Safe Harbor Services is the wholly-owned affiliate of Partner Colorado Credit Union, who is the leader, through its Safe Harbor Private Banking division, in providing compliance-based banking services to the legalized cannabis industry. Safe Harbor has served the banking needs of legal cannabis businesses, who otherwise were forced by federal laws to conduct all transactions in cash, and banks approximately $100 million per month in cannabis-related funds that are validated, transparent and accountable. Currently, Safe Harbor serves 160 clients, which include over 200 dispensaries, 160 cultivations and 65 manufacturers, along with an additional 70 plus ancillary service providers, to the cannabis industry.
Safe Harbor Services was created to bridge the gap between cannabis-related businesses (CRBs) and financial institutions by sharing industry knowledge, banking program options and resources nationwide. "We are uniquely positioned to expand the cannabis banking program nationally," said Safe Harbor Services Interim President, Katrina Skinner, "due to our real world knowledge and frontline experience. We know how to listen and adapt our program to meet the needs of financial institutions interested in expanding their services to include CRBs. We help those credit unions and banks build a solid business case by assessing the risks and benefits of banking the cannabis industry."
More on eTradeWire News
- 20 Year Old Web Company Launches Brand New Website on Heels of Three Best Rated Award
- South Nassau Receives $1.75 Million from Feil Family Foundation
- Grammy nominated Steven Bernstein to perform at Mardi Gras concert in Nyack
- AGC Employee Kent Thrift Awarded Jim Colbridge Memorial Technical Scholarship
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Business Partnership with ExpandaBrand
- Salicylate Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- Performance Nutrition Launches Website for Agriculture
As Safe Harbor Services Chairman and industry pioneer, Sundie provides strategic direction and expertise. "Moving into the cannabis space is not easy," says Sundie, "so we've created a process to help financial institutions proceed in a slow, methodical manner for the safety and soundness of their institutions. Our goal is to remove some of the 'pain points' we have managed through over the past four years to help them avoid the difficulties and mistakes learned firsthand, which allows them to focus on compliance." Sundie reports "the SHS business will meet break even targets in 2018, under Katrina Skinner's able management of a challenging start up." Safe Harbor is working with financial institutions in five states on cannabis banking solutions and opportunities. "We are fortunate to have Sundie's continued leadership," said Partner Colorado Board Chairperson, Linda Head, "so that we can assist other financial institutions with their programs and coach them at all levels to smooth the way for cannabis banking."
For more information about the cannabis banking education program, or to set up a visit, please contact Holly Bell firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT PARTNER COLORADO CREDIT UNION
Established in 1931, Partner Colorado Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit cooperative with total assets exceeding $350 million. The credit union serves more than 31,000 members throughout the Denver metro area. Partner Colorado offers a wide range of financial products and services, including checking, savings, home and auto loans. Members benefit from the advantages of a credit union, including lower interest rates on loans and higher yields on savings. Partner Colorado actively supports the community by donating funds and employee volunteer hours to many Denver Metro area organizations. Partner Colorado is federally insured by the NCUA and is an Equal Housing Lender. For more information, visit partnercoloradocu.org.
More on eTradeWire News
- Oxyfresh Launching New Pet Dental Spray at Global Pet Expo, Booth #6744
- New Year. New Goals. New Look at Michigan Fitness Foundation
- LaView Security Releases Next Generation Wireless Doorbell Camera
- Author Lori Power Releases Third Book In Her The Gentle Surf Romance Series – For A Song
- Hear Directly From Leading Technology Companies on Latest Global Development in Encryption and Cloud Computing
- Official Trailer: Abeyance (2019)
- MAM's New Scholarship Provides Opportunities For Budding Artists
ABOUT SAFE HARBOR PRIVATE BANKING
Safe Harbor Private Banking is the only compliance-based banking program for the cannabis industry, and a subsidiary of Partner Colorado Credit Union, a member-owned not-for-profit cooperative with total assets exceeding $350 million. Safe Harbor represents less than 10% of the credit union assets. Safe Harbor has served the banking needs of legal cannabis businesses, who otherwise were forced by federal laws to conduct all transactions in cash, and currently banks approximately $100 million per month in cannabis-related funds. Each dollar is validated, transparent and accountable for legitimate licensed entities. Praised by legislators and regulators as the "gold standard" in cannabis banking, Safe Harbor pioneered the turnkey program to help keep communities safer and stay true to the credit union philosophy of "serving the underserved." The program appears in national editorial coverage, including The New York Times, Bloomberg News, Reuters and the Wall Street Journal. The program is featured in a groundbreaking book, Navigating Safe Harbor: Cannabis Banking in a Time of Uncertainty, authored by Safe Harbor's CEO, Sundie Seefried. For more information, go to safeharborprivatebanking.com.
ABOUT SAFE HARBOR SERVICES
Safe Harbor Services was established to help bridge the gap between those operating cannabis-related businesses (CRBs) and financial institutions. It all began when Sundie Seefried, a 35-year veteran of the credit union industry, realized that helping financial institutions provide CRBs with an alternative to operating as cash-only businesses would ultimately mean greater community safety.
In 2014, Sundie established the Safe Harbor Program in Colorado. Its success led to an expansion of the program into other states with approved sale of recreational and/or medical cannabis. The core Safe Harbor Services team is comprised of leaders in the fields of banking, financial services and legal counsel. They also have a deep understanding of the cannabis industry. Their expertise regarding the policies and guidelines for offering financial services to the cannabis industry is what allows Safe Harbor Services to make available an innovative program for connecting CRBs with desirable financial services that is bigger than just banking. For more information, contact https://safeharborforbusiness.com.
- "A.C. Marmo & Sons, Inc. Insurance Agency Continues To Receive Industry Recognition"
- MECA Solutions' printing sleeves feature proprietary materials
- New tax law enhances the appeal of C corporations
- Midlothian Junior Womens Club presents Cinderella Dreams
- So You Got a Bad Review: Five Steps to Handle It
- Former Pro Wrestler, Diamond Dallas Page, Proves That Anyone Can Be Positively Unstoppable
- Tax Resolution Attorney John P. Willis Encourages Taxpayers To File Taxes Quickly
- Pack Secure Gets Another Top Seller Award From MSSC
- Machine component assembly requires expert project coordination
- Cellhut is offering pre-owned iPhones at deep discounts, order yours today!
- Voice Magazine for Women Selects an Appalachian Themed Book of the Month
- Invenio IT Recognized on CRN's 2019 MSP 500 List for Third Straight Year
- Domino's Pizza Franchisee with 36 Locations to Open in Whitehouse, Texas
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Boca Raton Football Club as New League Member
- Complyrs California Environmental Software to Attend Annual CUPA Conference
- Find Out Who's Shooting Up Dirty Sam's In "The House Always Wins" By Author Tom Minder
- ARCH Global Precision Announces the Acquisition of American Tool Service & OrthoGrind
- Bishop Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Promotes February as Heart Disease Awareness Month
- Second Wind Dreams Welcomes New CEO
- Toronto's Rising Stars Get Set To Hit The Stage At The Toronto Centre For The Arts