Popular on eTradeWire
- British Entrepreneur Predicts Travel Will Bounce-Back in 2021 - 558
- Serial Entrepreneur Yahaira Marie overcomes poverty to create Global Community for Small Businesses - 462
- CedintheCity Presents a New Picture Book Series Teaching Global Diversity - 259
- Get Cozy with A Winter Getaway In the Long Beach Island Region - 232
- Latin Pop/Rock group Al Cielo - First Time Meeting In Person - 212
- Project Expedition Launches Shore Excursions Platform for Travel Advisors - 180
- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award - 146
- Rock Climbers Want Sick Shirts - 146
- Weddings Beautiful Worldwide announces Jacqueline Vazquez as new CEO - 142
- Moss Foundation Donates $75K to Children's Charities - 132
Similar on eTradeWire
- Joseph Federico & NJMET Inc Honors Chanchal & Harry Patel in the Announcement of their Retirement
- Wohler releases Dolby Atmos 3D Room Visualizer for their iAM-12G-SDI
- EXM Insight welcomes Stuart Keeler as Chief Growth Officer
- NUE-S and Rent.Solar Complete Merger to make Affordable and Modular Portable Solar Solutions
- Germany's Largest Supermarket Chain Edeka to Automate Distribution With Cimcorp
- GeoComm Maps: Visualizing Public Safety Location Intelligence®
- New Yorker Electronics to distribute new Vishay Surface Mount Multilayer Ceramic Chip Capacitors
- Humley Launches Employee Onboarding Assistant to the UiPath Marketplace
- TRENDnet High-Speed MoCA Ethernet Over Coax Adapters Now Available
- Gembah Sees Exponential Growth Year-Over-Year as eCommerce Industry Thrives
Robocall Expert Debunks Misinformation: No Election Interference Caused by Misleading Political Robocalls
Some people claim that these calls were allegedly designed to encourage voters to, as the call puts it, "stay home and stay safe." It is therefore being reported by a few media outlets that these calls aimed to influence the election by keeping certain voters away from the ballot box during the 2020 election.
You can listen to the full call at this link:
More on eTradeWire News
- Andaz 5th Avenue Virtuoso Inclusion
- VKTRY and the World-Renowned Korey Stringer Institute Announce Landmark Research Results
- Announcing PLM Road Map & PDT Spring 2021
- Snow Salt Residue on Floors in the Workplace Creates A Heavy Burden
- Camp Ho Mita Koda Receives $60,000 To Fund Transition Into A Year-round Facility
Nomorobo's founder Aaron Foss clarifies the origin of these calls: "To dispel any disinformation, those 'stay home' calls, which have been reported have been around since August, began in Canada. The numbers that are making these calls are pushing out many 'regular' robocalls as well. This makes it unlikely that any group with purely political intentions is the culprit of these calls. In fact, these calls persist even today, over a week after election day."
During the 2020 election season, Nomorobo has provided a constantly updating mini-site that highlights any misleading calls that are particularly untruthful or misleading. This extensive database has shown that not only have there been few genuine legal political robocalls peddling fake news, there has actually been a drop in political robocalls versus 2016.
More on eTradeWire News
- Team Acme Remains Open And Optimistic For The 2021 Year
- MedTrainer Adds Industry Leader Jim Lacy to Board of Directors
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty Achieves Record Sales Volume in 2020
- Indigo IT Welcomes Bob Stoneking as Vice President of Product and Service Strategy
- Hyundai Mobis Selects DiSTI's GL Studio® for Head-Up Displays
"While these messages are creepy, Nomorobo has been closely monitoring the political robocall scene throughout the election season," said Foss. "To date, we have seen nothing that would indicate voter influence or tampering."
To learn more about Nomorobo, visit www.nomorobo.com. To see the updated mini-site of political robocall, visit https://www.nomorobo.com/election2020.
Nomorobo is a cloud-based service that effectively blocks illegal robocalls from reaching consumers' phones. Nomorobo employs a unique, FTC-approved technology that analyzes incoming calls and rapidly detects robocallers, telemarketers, and scammers.
Legitimate calls come through normally, but illegal robocalls are stopped before they have a chance to bother the consumer. Nomorobo's service has been integrated into many of the nation's top VoIP phone carriers and mobile apps including Charter Spectrum, Verizon FiOS, Ooma, Sonic, Burner and more.
- New Set Of Branded Products Available On VetSupply!
- Miss Sphere Pagean is rise awareness young women to develop self confidence and positive thinking
- Podcast Hosts International Black Doll Celebration for Black History Month
- AKCP Releases Cold-Chain Temperature Sensors
- TV/Film Star John Amos Stars in 'Coming 2 America' Set to Premiere in March
- Inane, A Love Deferred for Thirty Years
- PB PHOTO CENTRE to Present First Virtual FOTOfusion, Feb 16-20
- Silk Stem Collective wins $10,000 Amber Grant to Support Women in Business
- Pres. Biden is signing Executive Action to Combat Carbon Pollution & Greenhouse Gases – ECOFuelMax
- Beyond Social Responsibility: Black-led Venture Funds Generate Outsized Returns, Help Close Racial Wealth Gap
- Eric Coons Named Contributing Author for ThinkAdvisor
- Hinfo Guest Digital Compendium: New Mac App and Android Foldables Support
- Succulent Market helps customers assess weather for live plant delivery
- Brent Hoedeman earns Certified Advisor of Personal Insurance designation
- HomeLight Honors THE MADRONA GROUP in 2020 Achievements™Awards, Top Performing Agents in the US
- Fred Haas Toyota World Dealership Launches Truck Month January 25, 2021 near Houston
- Brazil's ANVISA Grants Novel Food Approval for NEM® brand eggshell membrane
- Candidate proclaims that healing America should begin in Louisiana's 5th Congressional District
- Chicks With Cheques Announces Free New Year, New CEO Virtual Summit
- Bge Digital Distribution Acknowledges Artists For Musical Achievements