Popular on eTradeWire
- Realistic Salary Expectations for Teaching English Overseas 800
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 547
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 165
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels 112
- Bedfont adds 2 new respiratory specialists to its NObreath® Medical Advisory Board
- Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center Implements Digisonics Solution for OB Ultrasound
- Tourico Vacations Reviews Getaway
- We now stock HP Pavilion 15-CK Laptop Parts
- Introducing Noy Marom, "Follow Your Bliss"
- Author Judith Keim Releases New Women's Fiction, Romance Novel – Change Of Heart
Similar on eTradeWire
- mytaptrack® Named "2019 Classroom Tech Solution of the Year" by EdTech Breakthrough Awards
- Students from Katz Yeshiva High School Travel to Guatemala for 4-Days of Service, Cultural Immersion
- Winds of Spirit Breezes to a Gold Medal in the Prestigious Nautilus Book Award
- Children's book championing wildlife protection a finalist at BookCon's "The Spark"
- New Jersey Educator Honored With Mensa Foundation Distinguished Teacher Award
- Former Farmington Schools Superintendent to Join K-12 Analytics Firm Eidex®
- Speech Codes May Be FUCT by Supreme Court Ruling
- Summer SAT and ACT Prep Classes Start Soon
- ACF Technologies appoints Frank Azimpour as Vice-President of Operations
- Homeschooling and Working While Raising Amazing Kids by LM Preston releases in August to the rise in Working Parents Considering Homeschooling
"We envision a world where more kids participate in robotics than any other organized sport," said Jared Schrieber, President and Co-Founder of the foundation. "As a true non-profit, we are dedicated to leveraging and developing open source technologies that make STEM learning challenges and robotics competitions accessible, fair and fun for kids globally."
"The future of workforce development will require programs that teach students real-life problem-solving skills through hands-on learning activities like what Revolution Robotics has created,"said Jason Morrella, Executive Director and Co-Founder. "Just a few out of a million kids who play sports growing up will ever be able to make a living at it, but there are amazing, fulfilling and rewarding careers in science, technology and engineering for 100% of the kids who learn to build and program these robots."
The non-profit foundation was established in early 2018, with a focus on designing an open source and affordable educational robotics platform to achieve their mission, instead of a kit being sold primarily to generate revenue for for-profit companies. The new Revolution Robotics Challenge Kit is a ground breaking, low cost robot kit that costs hundreds of dollars less than other robot kit options available to students and schools previously.
More on eTradeWire News
- Else Nutrition, Plant-Based Food Startup, Receives Huge Welcome on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Luna Energy Partner's Multi-Warehouse Lighting Retrofit Project
- Your Fishing Fun: Discover Essential Fishing Gear for Memorable Fishing Adventures
- SunTech Drive Announces Nomination for Colorado Companies to Watch Award
- Owens & Brigham Teams with Luna Energy Partners for Massive Energy Savings
The Challenge Kit is a complete robot-building package, offering over 530 pieces – including the Raspberry Pi based brain, five powerful motors, an ultrasonic sensor, accelerometer, gyro sensor, bumper switch, gears, axles and hundreds of structural pieces. The accompanying Revolution Robotics app will provide kids ages 8 -13 an easy-to-use drag and drop programming interface to configure, code, and control their robots with any iOS or Android smartphone or tablet. More experienced robot builders and programmers can also enjoy the thrills of writing more complex code via Python.
As shared by David Dudas, Head of Engineering, "It's designed for both classrooms and the home, and is much more than just a really cool toy robot. The robot's brain includes a Raspberry Pi board and will be able to accommodate several different types of sensors and motors. Plus, we've developed a free mobile app that will let kids code and drive the robots they create with their phones and tablets."
In 2020 the foundation will begin a new competition program built upon single day local and regional competitions, with challenges that change throughout the year to ensure students are always solving new problems, learning new concepts and creating new designs. Students will be able to compete around the world, including signature international championship events in multiple countries.
To be a part of the Kickstarter campaign and get one of the first robot kits, visit https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/revorobotics/created
More on eTradeWire News
- Lipman Family Farms hosts 8th annual Backpack Giveaway
- Mike's Campout: Products to Prepare for Your Next Adventure
- Top Doctor- Dr. Sasha Haberle of Metrolina Dermatology
- Vic Datta is Recognized as an NACD Governance Fellow
- Perle launches DIN Rail Patch Panels
To learn more about the Revolution Robotics Foundation, visit www.revolutionrobotics.org or email email@example.com.
The Revolution Robotics Foundation is a true non-profit focused on revolutionizing youth robotics by making products and programs affordable, accessible, educational, fair and fun. Through an open-source platform, student focused competition program, and extensive resource system, the Foundation seeks to prioritize the interests of participating students and the teachers and mentors supporting them. The founding team envision a world where more kids participate in robotics than any other organized sport, while celebrating student learning and achievement.
If you would like more information about the Revolution Robotics Foundation or the Kickstarter campaign, please email or call Jason Morrella at (408) 267-4949 or Jason@RevolutionRobotics.org.
Revolution Robotics Foundation
- Trucker Huss Director Freeman Levinrad Named President of NIPA San Francisco Chapter
- Adjustable High-Speed Acquisition for Test and Simulation
- bisco Announces Authorization for Advanced Thermal Solutions
- Reggae Report Publisher Releases "Reggae Trilogy Vol. 1: 200+ 80s & 90s Artist Headshots"
- Omnichain Recognized on Supply & Demand Chain Executive's Top 100 Supply Chain Projects List
- LARC Aiming for Ability Clay Shooting Tournament Raises $14,000
- Las Vegas Latino Bar Association Plans ¡Andale! 5K to Help Equalize Law School Admissions
- Holli Bryant Joins RE/MAX Alliance Group
- Evolve IP Revolutionizes DaaS Delivery with High Security, Flexibility and User Experience
- OTCWagon Initiates Coverage on Hawkeye Gold and Diamond, Inc. (V:HAWK)
- Rosario Central USA Earns Promotion to UPSL Division I Florida Central Division
- Home Renovation and Improvement
- The Dieringer Research Group Named One of Wisconsin's Fastest Growing Firms
- Cookie & Milk: A Scientifically Stunt-tastic Sisterhood
- Orange Effect Foundation Expands with Addition of New Board Members
- The Las Vegas Latino Bar Association fundraises to equalize law school
- Long Island School of Rock Students to Perform at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland on Tuesday
- The Buzzards of the Buttery Inn
- Who is Cyril Grayson? An Intimate Look Inside the Life of Saints New Wide Receiver
- St. James Infirmary Promotes Anita O'Shea and Myron Parker