Popular on eTradeWire
- Multi-Media Entertainment Conglomerate, ZATA Entertainment, LLC. to Bring Diversity and Inclusion to Las Vegas - 689
- Ether-1 Cryptocurrency Price Up 900% in 2021 As Demand For It's Censorship-Proof Hosting Platform Skyrockets Organizations Push Back Against Big-Tech - 671
- Hawaiian Airlines Reservations Cheap Tickets - 653
- Indiana Roadside Markers on YouTube - 645
- Small Vermont Business Owner Gets a Big Break - 634
- 420 Enthusiasts Prepare to Celebrate Adult Use with Outdoor Shopping and Music Festival ft Hip-Hop group the Luniz - 597
- Fifty States of Vodka is Now Available in Every Total Wine In Florida - 535
- Reserve early if you plan visiting State and National Parks - 481
- Beyond Times Square Launches New Logo to Embrace the Future of Luxury Travel - 468
- Lets Yangtze River Cruise Fever Commence - 446
Similar on eTradeWire
- KeysCaribbean Extends 'Advance Purchase Rate Discount' Special Offer for a Florida Keys Vacation
- Experience the rich heritage of Six Nations on your fingertips
- Australians Desperate To Get Back To The Great Outdoors
- Celebrate Golden Week in Tokyo with 1,000 Colorful Carp Streamers
- Viva Tequila Festival Mexico Experience Tour Honored at Taste Awards in the Outstanding Culinary & Travel Experience Category
- State of Yucatán Continues to Position Itself as a Leading Destination for Meetings, Conventions, Inc
- Uncovering the magic of the Bay with Driftscape!
- Sunridge Hotel Group Opens a Residence Inn by Marriott in Sedona, Arizona
- Travel Job Vacancies Double In March
- Delirious Comedy Club Presents Pauly Shore Every Friday Night In April
Convenient to downtown Fort Walton Beach and to many shops and restaurants, the hotel site is also rich in history of the area. Previously referred to by locals as 19 & 25 East Main Street and now commonly known Beal Parkway and Miracle Strip Parkway, the site was once the summer home and final residence of Dr. and Mrs. J.H. Beal. Dr. Beal was a pharmacist, lawyer, scientist, college president, and early community developer. In the 1920s, the Beals would spend summers at this home away from the heat of their Merritt Island winter home. Dr. Beal would arrive by his boat, the Moskee, as the great coast highway didn't exist until the 1930s. His work as a pharmacist led him to the fire insurance business, as drugstores of that era had open flames and were prone to quick destruction. He was instrumental in the founding of the American Druggist Fire Insurance Company of Cincinnati. Dr. Beal and his family are credited with providing the first artesian well, electrification of the town in the 1920s, and successfully advocating the change of the name of the town from Camp Walton to Fort Walton. (Beach would be added to the city's name after his passing in 1945.)
More on eTradeWire News
- Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum to Host Wine-Tasting at Farmer's Table on May 12
- THE PRICE IS RIGHT LIVE™ Is Coming to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Tommy Rice Featuring Patricia Barrett "The Greatest Love Of Them All" Makes Impact At Radio
- Theresa White Earns Industry Gold-Standard Career Coaching Credential
- THINKWARE Announces Mother's Day Dash Cam Specials
General Manager Amanda Wells, Dual Director of Sales Heather Seely-Perez, and Assistant General Manager Ryan Fender lead the team with over 48 years of combined hospitality experience and are excited to welcome guests and the community to the new property. "Our team is so excited to provide another extended-stay option for our Fort Walton Beach travelers. Whether our guests are here to visit family at the beach, relocating to the area, or here for a military training, we offer everything they need to make them feel at home. Our guests will be able to enjoy beautiful views of the Santa Rosa Sound while also being at the edge of all of the action in downtown Fort Walton Beach," said Wells.
In partnership with Woodbine Development Corporation, InterMountain Construction and InterMountain Renovations were proud to collaborate on construction, project management, design and procurement. InterMountain Construction and InterMountain Renovations work together with ownership groups to provide a turn-key development and project management option from the initial conceptual stages through hotel opening. This hotel represents the sixth joint venture between InterMountain Management and Woodbine Development Corporation, with both companies contributing to the development and construction, and InterMountain managing the operations post-opening.
"We are very excited to add another hotel to the Fort Walton Beach community. Residence Inn is the perfect complement to our TownePlace Suites that opened in 2014. Our excellent and historic location will allow guests the conveniences of shopping and dining while providing relaxation with the views of the Santa Rosa Sound," said King Scovell, Woodbine Development Corporation Managing Partner and Chief Development Officer. "It's been rewarding for us to be an integral part of the development of this unique community, now with two hotels in the area."
Residence Inn Fort Walton Beach is located at 2 Miracle Strip Parkway Southeast, Fort Walton Beach, FL, 32548. For more information or reservations, call Residence Inn at (850) 301-1369 or visit www.marriott.com/vpsrw.
ABOUT INTERMOUNTAIN MANAGEMENT
InterMountain Hotels, a leading hospitality company, is family-owned and operated with a nationwide portfolio of 85 hotels comprised primarily of extended-stay and select-service. Dewey Weaver founded InterMountain approximately 40 years ago, and since then has pursued a strategy of steady, consistent growth through development and ownership of high-quality, premium-branded hotels. With Dewey actively involved in all aspects of a business of a thousand details, InterMountain continues to focus on what has contributed to its success: taking great care of their employees and guests, and building strong, long-term relationships with owners and hotel brands.
More on eTradeWire News
- In Celebration of Earth Day, The Black Doll Affair Introduces its Paper Doll Line and Announces a Partnership with a Mermaid!
- GPHCC Board Chair, Lou Rodriguez Steps Down and New Chair and Officers Elected
- Southern Ocean County Hometown Security Webinar talks Summer Season Safety for Businesses
- Waterside Productions Announces New Book "The Redhead in the Cove"
- Carlos Kelly Named Chair of Henderson Franklin's Business Litigation Department
Since inception, InterMountain has expanded to offer a wide range of third-party services by experienced, in-house teams. These services include hotel management, development services, revenue strategy, sales, digital strategy, and renovation/design/procurement.
InterMountain has built and/or renovated over 200 properties nationwide, with a pipeline of 20+ hotels in various stages of development or repositioning. For more on InterMountain Hotels, third-party services, or to view hotel locations, visit www.immhotels.com.
ABOUT WOODBINE DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
Woodbine Development Corporation is a full-service real estate company with more than 45 years of development, investment, acquisition and asset management experience. With offices in Dallas, Phoenix and Los Angeles, Woodbine specializes in hotels, resorts and mixed-use developments throughout the United States. The company's hospitality portfolio features major brands, independent hotels, full-service destinations and select-service stays alike. Since 1973, Woodbine has been involved in more than $7 billion in commercial real estate projects, including the development, ownership, asset management, repositioning and renovation of over 17,000 hotel rooms. To learn more, visit www.woodbinedevelopment.com.
ABOUT RESIDENCE INN BY MARRIOTT
Residence Inn by Marriott is the global leader in the extended-stay lodging segment, with more than 700 properties located in more than 10 countries and territories. Designed for long stays, the brand offers spacious suites with separate living, working, and sleeping zones. Fully functional kitchens; grocery delivery service; 24-hour markets and complimentary breakfasts help guests maximize their time and thrive while they travel. The RI Mix evening events afford guests the opportunity to socialize and connect with the local community. Each Residence Inn offers free Wi-Fi in both public and guests spaces to ensure continuous connectivity while on the road. As a member of the Marriott International portfolio, Residence Inn is proud to participate in Marriott Bonvoy, the new name of Marriott's travel program replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG). The program offers members an extraordinary portfolio of global brands, experiences on Marriott Bonvoy Moments and unparalleled benefits including earning points toward free hotel stays and nights toward Elite status recognition. To enroll for free or for more information about the program, visit MarriottBonvoy.com. For more information or reservations, visit residence-inn.marriott.com. For travel tips, the latest on the brand or to connect with other travelers, "like" Residence Inn on Facebook and follow @ResidenceInn on Twitter and Instagram.
- Goodwill MicroEnterprise transitions to in-person classes
- Fifth Round Nominees For The Latin Podcast Awards 2021
- New Workforce Training Opportunities in Charlotte County
- Miller & Miller's Canadiana & Folk Art auction, April 17th, is a hit, grossing $430,375 (Canadian)
- Preh Named a Finalist in PACE Awards 2021
- We're Expanding! Meet Bulldog Mobile Billboards Newest Marketing Team Member
- Braces in Exton High-Quality, Low-Cost, and Life-Changing
- Classy Wall Decor: Sophisticated Wall Art for Classy Homes
- Identity Earth Day Feat. Lesley Webb, Elizabeth Lindburg, Casandra Carmelina, Lia Betty, & T
- Forever Fisherman: Fishing Gear for Fishermen of All Skill Levels
- CP Lab Safety to Celebrate 25 Years of ECO Funnel
- Cardinal Bird Feeders: Wild Bird Supplies to Create an Inviting Outdoor Environment
- Motorbiker Helmets: D.O.T Approved Helmets for Motorbikers
- This Earth Day help Apellix with Project Breathe Which Aspires to use Tethered Drones to Spray a NAS
- Brett Furman Recognized as Top Producer in RE/MAX Pennsylvania Region
- The Gorden Group Announces Sale of Lakeside Storage in Lake Havasu City, Arizona
- Pet Supplement Company InClover Research® Partners with CarbonClick Just in Time for Earth Day
- Accel Research Sites now recruiting for new pediatric COVID-19 vaccine trial
- Real Estate Broker Milestone Helps Homeowners Sell Homes Faster and for More Money
- The Bennington State Bank Announces Future Home in Wichita