Popular on eTradeWire
- Multi-Media Entertainment Conglomerate, ZATA Entertainment, LLC. to Bring Diversity and Inclusion to Las Vegas - 606
- Ether-1 Cryptocurrency Price Up 900% in 2021 As Demand For It's Censorship-Proof Hosting Platform Skyrockets Organizations Push Back Against Big-Tech - 567
- Small Vermont Business Owner Gets a Big Break - 533
- Indiana Roadside Markers on YouTube - 516
- 420 Enthusiasts Prepare to Celebrate Adult Use with Outdoor Shopping and Music Festival ft Hip-Hop group the Luniz - 506
- Hawaiian Airlines Reservations Cheap Tickets - 479
- Fifty States of Vodka is Now Available in Every Total Wine In Florida - 419
- Reserve early if you plan visiting State and National Parks - 389
- Beyond Times Square Launches New Logo to Embrace the Future of Luxury Travel - 380
- Lets Yangtze River Cruise Fever Commence - 347
Similar on eTradeWire
- Cleanroom Wipe Dispenser Improves Process in Labs and Cleanrooms
- US Black Engineer Magazine Releases 2021 Top Supporters of HBCU Engineering Schools List
- AI Manufacturing Solutions announces easily configurable Industrial IOT devices
- PEI Selected Three-Time Top Microsoft Gold Partner in the U.S
- PADT Named EOS Metal 3D Printing Distribution Partner Across the Southwest, Expanding its Established Additive Manufacturing Products Offering
- PermaTherm Launches New Website
- Hole Montes adds three to growing Naples office
- Screening Eagle Welcomes Darren Burford as New Chief Sales Officer
- CB Insights Again Names AI.Reverie a Top 100 AI Startup
- Partnership between Maxeler Technologies and fragmentiX
According to Menard, "Safety is Common." The common part of the phrase is "common sense". Menard relates that health, safety, security, and environmental is common sense that we use in every day lives and simplicity and communication is essential to establish an illness and injury-free work place. In example, Menard says, when we cross the street we are trained early on to look both ways before crossing the street-Why? Because we are aware that moving vehicles or in the world of safety, energy, is on the streets and we can be hit by a vehicle if we aren't aware of being struck by a vehicle. Why should this simplicity be ignored, overlooked or not considered in the industrial workforce?
Menard stated that regulating human behavior is key to eliminating work place illnesses and injuries. When asked if we can regulate human behavior, Menard does not hesitate when he responds with an astounding Yes. Human behavior can be regulated and is an essential component to health, safety, security, and environmental structures in the work place. But how do we regulate human behavior? Menard responds with the simple phrase that he terms the "ABC" of safety. the "A" is antecedent, the "B" is behavioral, and the "C" is consequence. According to Menard, wiring or re-wiring a worker's mindset is not as complex as it sounds. In fact, says Menard, our behaviors are regulated everyday without even knowing it. In example, you are late for work (the antecedent) and are cautioned to drive slow but refuse the drive slower because you are late for work (behavior) and you are stopped by law enforcement and receive a ticket (consequence). Remedy would be time management such as leaving for work earlier by pre-planning, in turn your behavior allows you to drive slow, and the consequence is positive where you do not receive a ticket or get into an accident. Menard states, simplicity but how do you change the mindset of what Menard proposes? Menard says through training and education where you change the negative ABC from negative to positive. But if you manage over 2,000 workers, how can you change the mindset of 2,000 employees? According to Menard, you don't concentrate on all 2,000 employees. Menard says each employee is accountable and responsible for their own risk. Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (also known as HSSE) begins at the top and filters down to the workers. Menard continues that by training first-line supervisors and managers in the ABC of safety allows for changing the mindset of those responsible for the safety rules such as first-line managers and supervisors, which lead by example and continually coach and mentor those under them why HSSE is important and why safety is common.
More on eTradeWire News
- PODS® Las Vegas Offers Safe Moving Tips to Homeowners with Pets
- Dr. Nisar Hundewale joins ReFocus AI as Chief Data Officer
- Two CNN en Español Podcasts Have Been Nominated For The Latin Podcast Awards 2021
- Hundreds to Lace Up Their Shoes & Stretch Their Muscles During the Virtual Run Walk Ride for Lupus!
- Steve Muehler – Loans – Introduces "SJM Portfolio Commercial Construction Loans" Nationwide
Menard says when a company uses simplicity in its approach to HSSE, its more understandable and complexity is removed from the equation where supervisors, managers and workers can quickly understand and interpret policies and procedures, along with the reasons for hazard identification, reporting and correcting hazards, and instructing others in hazard identification. Menard states that when he investigates the root cause of an accident, also known as root cause analysis, Menard says he uses the five W's or the five "Why's. Again, simplicity says Menard. The five W's, which Menard terms the "tree steps of accident investigation" is simple to understand and can lead to other explanations why an accident occurred and prevent reoccurrence. The five why's, says Menard is a interative interrogative technique used to explore the cause and effect of an underlying problem. The five why's, continue Menard says that the technique can be used along with four other techniques such as the Fishbone, Pareto, Scatter Plot, or Failure Mode and Effects Analysis. Menard says "you have to think outside the box when making decisions and be creative. Menard, a profiler, can detect when an accident is about to occur in the work place and has been in safety for 30 years. Menard uses creativity, his skills as a profiler, and the industry standard tools for preventing illnesses and incidents in the work place. Menard states that the tools are there to discover why an accident occurred but he would rather prevent accidents and incidents before using those tools. Menard continues that prevention is the best remedy to avoid illness and injuries.
Asked why major oil and gas companies continue to have major accidents, illnesses and injuries, Menard says after auditing some of the major oil and gas industries over the years, he has found that the policies, procedures, work procedures, and buy-in from management is to complex. "People cannot perform what they don't understand" says Menard.
More on eTradeWire News
- 227's™ YouTube Chili' #NIKE'Spicy'Tunes POP SMOKE - AP Chili'! BOOGIE Soundtrack! Spicy' NBA Mix!
- Dog Doors for Glass - Pet Doors for any type of glass door now available!
- My Survivalist Essentials: Stay Prepped With Natural Disaster And Survival Gear
- National Business Consulting Firm World Class Business Advisory now accepts Dogecoin as payment
- Fluid Life Launches New Unified Condition Monitoring Vibration Data Analysis Tool
In closing, Menard says his passion is safety similar to a hobby and if every worker goes comes to work safe and goes home safe, Menard says he leaves work with a smile on his face and considered that his job was done for that day. "One day at a time", says Menard and you have company that is raising the bar and leading the industry in safety and that is his vision of his work-product.
- Capsule Messaging App Launches on Apple App Store
- Koei • Tama | Official Website Operations Guide - (Published)
- Uncommon Investment Advisors Introduces First ETF
- Former Campbell's Soup Executive Launches Innovative Food Brand with Large-Scale Give Back Program
- 4th Annual Baton Rouge Soul Food Festival
- Urease Inhibitor Screening Kit (Colorimetric)
- SYNNEX to Offer the FileFlex Enterprise Zero Trust Data Access (ZTDA) and Sharing Platform for Microsoft Azure via its ISV Experience Program
- Surviving the Pandemic: How One Beauty Brand Decided to Re-launched the during COVD-19 epidemic
- Animal Massage for Pet Guardians
- Cleanroom Wipe Dispenser Improves Process in Labs and Cleanrooms
- Rhonda Breckenridge LICSW, CBC, Awarded National Bariatric Board Certification
- Tips To Ensure A Quality Bathroom Renovation
- Southern Ocean Chamber Recognizes National Small Business & Tourism Week May 3-7
- GamePoint Launches Platform To Offer Users Unlimited Fitness Content
- Agile World Season 2 Finale Filmed this Week
- Arkansas Americana / Roots Artist Billy Jeter to Release Long-Awaited Album "Shineye Landing"
- Yaskawa's AutoSorter XN Provides Pre- and Post-Analytic Specimen Processing
- Creatures of Comfort by E.J. Suh is on SALE
- Coolfire Recognized in the 2021 Gartner Market Guide for Workstream Collaboration
- Revive Welcomes Michelle Sanchez as Designer and Project Manager