Popular on eTradeWire
- British Entrepreneur Predicts Travel Will Bounce-Back in 2021 - 555
- Serial Entrepreneur Yahaira Marie overcomes poverty to create Global Community for Small Businesses - 457
- CedintheCity Presents a New Picture Book Series Teaching Global Diversity - 257
- Get Cozy with A Winter Getaway In the Long Beach Island Region - 230
- Latin Pop/Rock group Al Cielo - First Time Meeting In Person - 209
- Project Expedition Launches Shore Excursions Platform for Travel Advisors - 178
- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award - 143
- Rock Climbers Want Sick Shirts - 143
- Weddings Beautiful Worldwide announces Jacqueline Vazquez as new CEO - 140
- Moss Foundation Donates $75K to Children's Charities - 130
Similar on eTradeWire
- Florida Author Connie Mann Releases New Romantic Suspense - Beyond Power
- "Hope for the Broken" is an Interactive Memoir that Invites the Reader to Get Involved
- Inspired by an Untamable and Generous Soul, White River Red Proves True Strength Comes From Within
- Judith Keim Releases New Women's Fiction Novel - The Desert Flowers - Rose
- Columbus Woman Beats COVID: Encourages Families To Touch
- Corey Edward and FyreSyde Publishing Announce the Release of Friday Nightmares
- Caroline C Barney Dives Back into the Land of Bori with Trebor Tales Sequel, "Return of the Malpeds"
- MahoganyBooks receives $5,000 grant to launch content series featuring Ward 8 writers, curated by Panama Jackson, co-founder of Very Smart Brothas
- "Happy Puppy Adventures" by Wendy Baron is published
- RW Richard Announces the Release of Cinnamon & Sugar
"Reflections: More Tales from Tipperary" by Edward Forde Hickey is published
The second book in a series of fictional southern Irish tales
About the Book:
This series of tales was compiled during the recent pandemic lockdown and they include colourful incidents in the lives of bonesetters, matchmakers, youthful lovers, newcomers from beyond the mountains, a reformed villain's wedding, celebrated by the whole community for days thereafter, and lots more.
This is the second volume and has been written once more in a lyrical language similar to that of past storytellers such as Mark Twain - enthralling and unbelievable at times.
Reflections should certainly appeal to those not only with an interest in Ireland's social history but to fans of the author's earlier novels.
'An effortless evocation of an almost-forgotten world . . . wonderfully personable narration and endlessly charming characterisation.'
More on eTradeWire News
- Industrial kitchen designed and built by IBT of Miami lands hospital certification
- NUE-S and Rent.Solar Complete Merger to make Affordable and Modular Portable Solar Solutions
- Germany's Largest Supermarket Chain Edeka to Automate Distribution With Cimcorp
- Vicki Olson Joins RE/MAX Alliance Group
- The Ohio State University to Offer a Virtual Corrosion Short Course Spring 2021
Addison & Cole
About the Author:
Edward Forde Hickey lives in Kent with his wife. They have three sons. During the years 1962 until 1998, he taught in inner city primary schools (laterally as a headteacher for 18 years). In early life, he was a pop star with Decca records (see 'Eddie Hickey/Lady May') and later sang with the Glenside Ceilidhe Band in The Galtymore Dancehall, Cricklewood (1965/1975).
Born of Irish parents during the Blitz of London, he spent his first five years of life nurtured and moulded by his grandmother in the foothills above Dolla, near Nenagh in County Tipperary. His grandmother is and always was his inspiration; she had a natural gift with words.
Edward has always been interested in folklore and the Irish past (its music, dance and literature). He was a champion Irish step-dancer. He taught and adjudicated it, even as far afield as in Australia, before dedicating himself to research into hillside communities in north Tipperary, from where he brought back tapes of original songs for The English Folk Dance and Song Society.
More on eTradeWire News
- Jordan Chancey Earns Advanced Realtor Designation
- Private Placement Markets' – Steve Muehler to Open "Mule Hair Bail Bonds" in February
- NCDS Proves Its Resilience and Implements Roll-Out of Covid-19 Immunization Billing
- BGE Digital Distribution Expands to Indonesia Market
- FOURMIDABLE assumes management of four apartments across several states
He keeps a small farm in the foothills of north Tipperary and visits it often.
The first book in the series is entitled "Tales from Tipperarary".
Reflections by Edward Forde Hickey is currently available in paperback from Amazon at:
This book is also available to download in e-book format from Amazon at:
Press/Media Contact Details:
Grosvenor House Publishing
Tel. 0208 339 6060
Grosvenor House Publishing
0208 339 6060
- New Episode, "Native America," in the "Musical Ancestries"™ Series for Children
- New Yorker Electronics to distribute new Vishay Surface Mount Multilayer Ceramic Chip Capacitors
- CIMdata Publishes eBook: Making Service Lifecycle Management A Profitable, Competitive Advantage
- Introducing the 2021 First Flight Society Board of Directors
- Slaine - The Things We Can't Forgive (Album)
- Hit City Digital Records and Supreme Music 2000 Release "Can We Funk Again" by Crystal Band
- Stephen Winston Releases His New Single "One True Story" From The Forthcoming Same-Titled Album
- The City Tutors Builds Free Professional Coaching Program
- Sponsors needed for Blessings in a Backpack event - Brews for Blessings
- Used 2019 Nissan Versa Available in Toronto for Sale!
- Let's Make "National Love Your Pet Day," Everyday!
- Humley Launches Employee Onboarding Assistant to the UiPath Marketplace
- South Carolina-based IMCS Awarded Major NIH Research Grant
- Tips on Preventing & Treating Nail Problems
- Neubert, Pepe & Monteith, P.C. Welcomes Attorney Jennifer E. Czarnowski
- Black Diamond PR & Sport Management Firm Announces Representation of Olympic Fencer, Yeisser Ramirez
- Indian astrologer launches market prediction book for year 2021
- British Gardeners Vote with their Feet and Buy British
- Investor needed BIOXO Solutions LLC is looking for new investors, for this life saving ground floor opportunity
- Hotel Investment Market: Where It's At and Where It's Going