Popular on eTradeWire News
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja, 7 year old National Anthem singer 517
- Transseed Group Receives Two New Business Designations 218
- Founder & CEO of Market Leader, Virtual Rehab, to be Interviewed By Jane King at NASDAQ 202
- Lil Bub, aka Magical Space Cat, Will Make Special Appearance at Snowcats Cat Convention 196
- International Experts Discuss Safety Problems of Critical Infrastructures at Ural Federal University 192
- How to Manage Arrhythmia in Children? 192
- Share Number System is the New Automated Income System 161
- New talent Asalia White Williams Nominated for NAMMY Award 153
- Kelly Hyman, a Renowned Lawyer to be a Speaker at Women En Mass 2018 131
- Athonet launches BubbleCloud LTE with full integration into AWS IoT Core
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Sales Education Foundation Holds 10th Faculty Certification
- Jeddah Open Day - Personal Consultation on UK University Programmes
- World Champion of Public Speaking Pres Vasilev to Keynote at Toastmasters District 83 Open House
- Media Invite to CodeForFolsom – Cyber Security Boot Camp
- Bear Creek Hosts Tenth Annual Dig Pink Volleyball Matches Supporting Side-Out Foundation
- Adelphi Receives Prestigious 2018 INSIGHT Into Diversity HEED Award
- Cummings Graduate Institute Celebrates Founders Day
- Entertainment & Lifestyle Publicist Jovana Gilkes Launching Mentor Program 'Girls Can, Incorporated
- Stephanie Stiles, Tortal Training's Director Learning Development, Earns PMP® Certification
- Dubai Open Day - UK University Distance Learning Programmes
To kick off this partnership, today Reach Higher and Collegewise released a new guide to provide the best in resources and practices for students and counselors, offering 60+ pages of guidance to help students craft their very best Common Application.
● NEW: The 2018-19 Guide to Making Your Common App a Lot Less Common
"We know that for too many young people, the process of applying to college can be overwhelming. And with just one school counselor for nearly every 500 students on average, we know students, counselors, and families alike need better tools to untangle and successfully navigate the process. That's why we are so excited to partner with the team at Collegewise to help make college a reality for more students," said Eric Waldo, Reach Higher's Executive Director.
"Reach Higher's mission to inspire high school students to pursue higher education aligns perfectly with the world that we envision. Collegewise believes that every student deserves the best advice as they navigate their high school years. We are honored to help advance Mrs. Obama's vision by empowering our youth through access to quality information, starting with the release of our guide to the Common Application, which will show students how to present their authentic selves to colleges," said Joel Block, Collegewise's CEO and Managing Partner.
More on eTradeWire News
- World's Best Virtual Training System Available
- Dallas Bathtub Services Upgrades To Spray In Bathtub Liners For A 20 Year Life Expectancy
- Say Hello to Halloween 2018 and Few Unknown Facts!
- Epitope Mapping Services Are Now Available at Creative Peptides
- Hindus worldwide appalled at vandalizing of Hindu temple in Sydney suburb
- LemonShark Poké Migrates to Visalia with New Store
- UPSL Announces Julio Cesar Davila as New National Hispanic Ambassador of Soccer
Since launching in 1999, Collegewise has provided over 10,000 students with assistance in the admissions process through one-on-one advising focused on a range of issues from testing plans to application review and final selection.
"Collegewise and Reach Higher both realize that access to quality education is the most important asset anyone can have, and university education can play a vital role in this," said Brian Rogove, Founder and CEO of A-Star Education. "We are therefore delighted to partner with Reach Higher to enable more students to access their college journey and also succeed in their path to a bright tomorrow."
This collaboration will open these crucial Collegewise resources to the national Reach Higher network to ensure that school counselors have increased access to college counseling resources and that all students, particularly first-generation and underserved students, have the tools they need to pursue and complete a higher education.
About Reach Higher: Reach Higher, started by former First Lady Michelle Obama during her time at the White House, remains an initiative to inspire every student across the country to pursue and complete a postsecondary degree. It also seeks to help underserved students navigate the college-going process by: (1) raising awareness about helpful tools and resources; (2) meeting students where they are and tailoring technical assistance to meet their unique needs; and (3) building the capacity of the school counseling profession. The Reach Higher initiative now lives at Civic Nation, a non-profit focused on innovative engagement and awareness initiatives.
Reach Higher's goal remains the same: to inspire every student in America to take charge of their future by completing their education past high school, whether at a professional training program, a community college, or a four-year college or university. We are working to ensure that all students, but especially first-generation and underserved students, have the tools they need to get a postsecondary degree.
More on eTradeWire News
- CertLibrary Offers Discounted Access to Past Exam Questions
- WishYoo Launches With Mission To Change The Way We Celebrate Worldwide
- Handshake Homebuyers Launches New Website
- LemonShark Poké Continues Expansion in Golden State
- 24/7 Commercial Garage Door Repair Florida
- Fondos Latinos (fondoslatinos.com) Signs Agreement with Western Unión Business Solutions
- RealEstateU – Enrolling New Real Estate License Students
In order to reach young people directly, Reach Higher launched Better Make Room, a public awareness campaign targeted at Generation Z, or young people ages 14-22, to celebrate education, change the national conversation, and give students the tools and resources they need – from the FAFSA to the College Scorecard – to continue their education past high school. The Better Make Room campaign engages actors, singers, and sports icons in celebrating students for pursuing their higher education.
About Collegewise: Collegewise is out to change the world of college admissions. Since they opened their doors in 1999, expert Collegewise counselors have guided more than 10,000 students to successful admissions outcomes. Collegewise believes that applying to college should be an exciting time for students and parents, not a stressful, anxiety-ridden rite of passage. Every year, their counselors work with a small caseload of students, creating customized plans and setting deadlines to ensure that students complete their applications thoughtfully, effectively, early, and without mom and dad having to step in to take the reins.
Collegewise's mission is both simple and ambitious; they strive to provide top-notch admissions advice to students who need it, regardless of their ability to pay for one-on-one counseling services. Every year, thousands of people read their founder's blog, tune in to their free webinars, and attend their college admissions seminars across the United States and Asia.
About A-Star Education: A-Star, a global education group founded in 2016, believes that outstanding academic results are critically important, but just one part of the journey students take to a bright tomorrow. Beyond helping students achieve demonstrable educational success, A-Star is dedicated to providing each learner unique and valuable experiences through its quality schools and varied enrichment programs around the globe. Headquartered in Singapore, it has a dedicated multinational team of 1,300 employees across eight education brands in seven countries on three continents. Their engagements with around 25,000 students worldwide, from preschool to university (and beyond), empower individual learning, encourage personal development, and instill healthy confidence.
- Rainbow Village Asks Public to Help Homeless Families Feel at "Home for the Holidays"
- Jazzy Queen of Sass Aubrey Logan Comes to the Weinberg Center
- Privacy & Access Council of Canada Participates in National Digital and Data Consultations
- Tcb Records® Has Announced The Re-signing Of "Indy Uchiha"
- Peak Physical Therapy & Sports Performance announces Mary Donovan as Rehabilitation Aide
- Breakthrough In Accessing The Tiny Magnet Within The Core Of A Single Atom
- Sonu Nigam teams with Grammy winner Jason Goldstein for English Single Release
- "Million Dollar Man" Thomas Kiley, Sr. Expands Legal Umbrella to Include Estate Planning
- Introducing The Mattify Mask Bar: Customizable Face Masks for Oily skin and Acne Prone Skin
- Leadership University brings health care leadership series to Southwest Florida in 2018-19
- This Green Burger Will Give You Nightmares
- Pharad Expands Peel and Stick Appliqué Antenna Offering for L-, S-, and C-band Operation
- DigitalMint Launches Bitcoin Tellers Across Iowa
- SMART Receives Grant from Lakewood Ranch Community Fund of the Manatee Community Foundation
- Love & Pride Relaunches The Erase Hate Pendant To Benefit The Matthew Shepard Foundation
- Bestselling Author and Leadership Coach, Mark Nation, to Deliver Keynote Speech at Startup Week Chattanooga on October 25
- Jeffery Combs, Releases New Podcast: Releasing Anxiety: Living In Flow
- Tee Off For Education Charity Golf Tournament Hosted by Cogenics to Benefit Yours Humanly
- Condition Monitoring of a Mining Quarry for Optimal Production
- Shell Point presents 13th annual Artists and Artisans Holiday Bazaar Nov. 2-3