Popular on eTradeWire
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 318
- Miller Homes Yorkshire Shares Ambitious Plans At End Of New Homes Week 2019 291
- Jes Marie's "Party in the Sun" may just be the song of the Summer! 279
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 148
- Brothers Awarded Civil Air Patrol Congressional Gold Medal 145
- Island Intellectual Property Sues StoneCastle for $172 million 110
- Defining Digital: Extremist Content Chided, Super Mario Maker 2 Teased, Netflix's "Lelia" + more 106
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels
- Formula Cloud: Titans Microsoft, AWS, Alibaba and Oracle Traverse Cloud by Building Partnerships
- The Big Bang's "Super Asymmetry" Isn't Just Bazinga
Similar on eTradeWire
- 2019 HIM Professional Census Reveals Opportunities in Revenue Cycle
- LDSS Announces Camp Buddy 2019 in Chatham, Effingham
- Safety and Survival--Personal Preparedness Assessment Guide is to be released on June 2019
- Francis Bacon Makes Comeback as Shakespeare Authorship Candidate
- Pop Culture Classroom Hosts Summer Camp Series With Scholarship Opportunities
- Going with the flow: Kraft-Sussman brings new eco-friendly cremation option to Nevada viewed as gentler on the deceased
- Thiel College to host Northwestern Pennsylvania Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Finding Real Love in The Age of The "Me Too" Movement
- Reid Ashbaucher Publications Announces Release of a New Textbook called Dispensational Theology: A Textbook on Eschatology in the Twenty-First Century
- SDPC Resource Registry API released to further the awareness of student data privacy
To kick off this partnership, today Reach Higher and Collegewise released a new guide to provide the best in resources and practices for students and counselors, offering 60+ pages of guidance to help students craft their very best Common Application.
● NEW: The 2018-19 Guide to Making Your Common App a Lot Less Common
"We know that for too many young people, the process of applying to college can be overwhelming. And with just one school counselor for nearly every 500 students on average, we know students, counselors, and families alike need better tools to untangle and successfully navigate the process. That's why we are so excited to partner with the team at Collegewise to help make college a reality for more students," said Eric Waldo, Reach Higher's Executive Director.
"Reach Higher's mission to inspire high school students to pursue higher education aligns perfectly with the world that we envision. Collegewise believes that every student deserves the best advice as they navigate their high school years. We are honored to help advance Mrs. Obama's vision by empowering our youth through access to quality information, starting with the release of our guide to the Common Application, which will show students how to present their authentic selves to colleges," said Joel Block, Collegewise's CEO and Managing Partner.
More on eTradeWire News
- Leading PEO, INFINITI HR, Attending PrismHR LIVE 2019 in Boston
- Ferguson Case Orr Paterson Partner Named to 2019 "Rising Stars" List
- A Willow Valley Historical Romance
- IFA Selects Daniel Mormino, SVP of INFINITI HR, to the IFA Supplier Forum Advisory Board
- Tattoo tycoon open to radio interviews
Since launching in 1999, Collegewise has provided over 10,000 students with assistance in the admissions process through one-on-one advising focused on a range of issues from testing plans to application review and final selection.
"Collegewise and Reach Higher both realize that access to quality education is the most important asset anyone can have, and university education can play a vital role in this," said Brian Rogove, Founder and CEO of A-Star Education. "We are therefore delighted to partner with Reach Higher to enable more students to access their college journey and also succeed in their path to a bright tomorrow."
This collaboration will open these crucial Collegewise resources to the national Reach Higher network to ensure that school counselors have increased access to college counseling resources and that all students, particularly first-generation and underserved students, have the tools they need to pursue and complete a higher education.
About Reach Higher: Reach Higher, started by former First Lady Michelle Obama during her time at the White House, remains an initiative to inspire every student across the country to pursue and complete a postsecondary degree. It also seeks to help underserved students navigate the college-going process by: (1) raising awareness about helpful tools and resources; (2) meeting students where they are and tailoring technical assistance to meet their unique needs; and (3) building the capacity of the school counseling profession. The Reach Higher initiative now lives at Civic Nation, a non-profit focused on innovative engagement and awareness initiatives.
Reach Higher's goal remains the same: to inspire every student in America to take charge of their future by completing their education past high school, whether at a professional training program, a community college, or a four-year college or university. We are working to ensure that all students, but especially first-generation and underserved students, have the tools they need to get a postsecondary degree.
More on eTradeWire News
- Phen375 Enabling Individuals to Attain their Summer Body in Time for the Season
- Swiontek Retires, Mathiowetz, Schmid Promoted at Americana Community Bank
- Health Conundrums – Solved Inexpensively and Privacy Protected!
- TheOneSpy Rolls Out Non –Rooted Android spy app for cell phones
- Dates announced for the 12th Annual Whale Shark Festival in Isla Mujeres, Mexico
In order to reach young people directly, Reach Higher launched Better Make Room, a public awareness campaign targeted at Generation Z, or young people ages 14-22, to celebrate education, change the national conversation, and give students the tools and resources they need – from the FAFSA to the College Scorecard – to continue their education past high school. The Better Make Room campaign engages actors, singers, and sports icons in celebrating students for pursuing their higher education.
About Collegewise: Collegewise is out to change the world of college admissions. Since they opened their doors in 1999, expert Collegewise counselors have guided more than 10,000 students to successful admissions outcomes. Collegewise believes that applying to college should be an exciting time for students and parents, not a stressful, anxiety-ridden rite of passage. Every year, their counselors work with a small caseload of students, creating customized plans and setting deadlines to ensure that students complete their applications thoughtfully, effectively, early, and without mom and dad having to step in to take the reins.
Collegewise's mission is both simple and ambitious; they strive to provide top-notch admissions advice to students who need it, regardless of their ability to pay for one-on-one counseling services. Every year, thousands of people read their founder's blog, tune in to their free webinars, and attend their college admissions seminars across the United States and Asia.
About A-Star Education: A-Star, a global education group founded in 2016, believes that outstanding academic results are critically important, but just one part of the journey students take to a bright tomorrow. Beyond helping students achieve demonstrable educational success, A-Star is dedicated to providing each learner unique and valuable experiences through its quality schools and varied enrichment programs around the globe. Headquartered in Singapore, it has a dedicated multinational team of 1,300 employees across eight education brands in seven countries on three continents. Their engagements with around 25,000 students worldwide, from preschool to university (and beyond), empower individual learning, encourage personal development, and instill healthy confidence.
- \Café Centro in West Palm Beach Celebrates the Birthday of Singer/Showman Rob Russe
- Transaction Announcement - Escape Rooms
- Citizen input vital to stopping proposed changes to Lee County lime rock policy at June 19 meeting
- El Dorado Furniture is now hiring for its new location in St. Petersburg!
- Adenosine Monophosphate (AMP) Colorimetric Assay Kit
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts to Present THE BEACH BOYS Friday, February 21, at 7:30 pm
- FREE Practical Self-Defense Seminar
- Utah-based Surplus Lines Company Launches New Tax Filing Technology: InsCipher Connect
- Cheers to a Calm, Clean & Safe Fourth of July Holiday with Pets!
- ShearShare Highlighted in Google's Annual Economic Impact Report
- New Arizona Law Will Increase Minimum Insurance Coverage Requirement
- Diamond State Warriors Win the Coveted All-City Classic 302 Legends Championship
- Central Park Five Members, Rapper T.I., Rev. Raphael Warnock Join Forces To Address Ma
- New Vishay Polymer Tantalum Chip Capacitors Distributed Through New Yorker Electronics
- Angela Raub nominated for Gwinnett Chamber Moxie Awards
- Mastrad Expands Collection To Enhance At-Home Culinary Experience
- PriorAuth Online: An Effective Prior Authorization Way out for DME
- McCarthy Southwest Names Lloyd Flowers Project Director
- United Premier Soccer League Selects Texas as Host State for 2019 National Finals
- Canadians Break Sports Betting Records As Toronto Raptors Win The NBA Championship