Popular on eTradeWire
- Nike Releases "uprising" A Haitian Revolution Inspired Limited Edition Sneaker 426
- Zuckerbergs' Facebook Unfolding Second Act, Doc Olivia P. Friedman Weighs In
- NeoMagic (R) Corporation eCommerce Division MercadoMagico.com Welcomes Prime 6
- Mo Knows Launches as Platform for Pet Parents to Learn About Pet Nutrition
- Beacon People Solutions Releases HIDDEN TALENTS by Maryanne DiMarzo and Amy Acker
- Dr. Deborah Tannen to Keynote "Empowered Women, Empower Men & Women" on Dec. 5 in San Francisco
- RTCritical introduces a new blog on their website
- WomanUP! Empowers the Next Generation of Real Estate Leaders
- Prince Crowe Signs With Tcb Records
- Tony Goldwyn, Maria Shriver, and more Named Honorees for 2019 Television Industry Advocacy Awards
Similar on eTradeWire
- Hacking Hollywood Film Summit and Pitch Fest
- Kool & the Gang Honored At Kimmel Center For 2019 Marian Anderson Award
- ConRoca Publishing Announces Release of David Martin Anderson's BEATY BUTTE
- Care on Location Launches Acumentrics Powered Telemedicine Backpack
- California Endowment Grant Supports Youth Justice Reporting and Journalism Innovation
- Directory of Self-Published Authors - TheWritersMall.Com - Launches
- Perceivant Offers Consumer Version of re:MIND on Kickstarter
- Engraved roll excellence generates quality output for converters
- New Book Release Provides Keys to Effective Communication from a Lifetime of Learning
- Political Pundit Danielle Moodie-Mills Launches "Woke AF" Podcast
"We want the public to have a say in how news gets reported." – Sam, NeoZeno Co-Founder and CEO
Users can submit news articles to rate bias, impact, and quality. Each rating is combined with millions of others to create an overall credibility score for that article. NeoZeno plans to use these ratings to track the performance of individual journalists and publications to put public pressure on improving journalistic standards.
The Kickstarter campaign will run from April 3rd to May 8th with a fundraising goal of $10,000. The team is raising funds for thorough testing of app features and its anti-bot mechanisms. "We're using a first-of-its-kind method of social engineering to prevent bots and fake accounts on our platform." Zach, Co-Founder and Tech Director of NeoZeno.
More on eTradeWire News
- VO Atlanta and VO Peeps Partner to Offer Voiceover Scholarship
- New RHT-Air Humidity Transmitter from Novus Automation
- Dentures in Limerick Changing Smiles & Lives
- Drive with Automotive Peace of Mind with a Dodge Vehicle Protection Plan
- Step Through the Looking Glass with the Grand Opening of the Wonderland Tea Company
The app requires a subscription of $1.99 per month for unlimited ratings, which acts as a deterrent to those who want to influence news ratings. Zach explains, "creating enough fake accounts to manipulate the data would come at a high cost and be easily detectable in our database." The co-founders also promise to never use ads or collect and sell personal data like other free social media platforms.
Who is NeoZeno?
The company, founded in 2018, is a bootstrapping start-up with only two co-founders, Zach and Sam, who identify as normal people that simply wanted to do something about the news. "We expect accurate and reliable news, but can only find articles that tell us what to think," says Sam from NeoZeno. "Our app is a way for people to call out problems that have gone unchecked in journalism."
Launch of the NeoZeno app is scheduled for June 2019 on Android devices—an iOS launch will follow soon after. Users will be able to rate an unlimited amount of news articles for a subscription fee of $1.99 per month, or be limited to basic features with three ratings per day. Other features include trending news feeds, profile badges, and a comment section for each rated news article. You can find out more about the app on their webpage neozeno.com
- Insurance Navy Joins Toys For Tots For Fundraising And Toy Donations
- The Loudoun County Salvation Army Kicks-Off Season of Giving With Their Red Kettle Donation Program
- K-Child Toys: The Premium Toys & Activities That Enhance Your Child's Education
- Global Software Development Firm ELEKS to Bring Tech Talk Series to Zürich
- Limited Edition National Park Edition Travato Now at La Mesa RV
- The Love Of Camping: Are You Truly Equipped for The Wild?
- Telaeris and Coppernic Partner on Identity Authentication Solution for Europe
- WipFly IoT Platform Beta Launch
- Alumni Staffing LLC is now a GSA Multiple Award Schedule holder
- Stumpy's Hatchet House Makes Its Way to Princeton
- Aloma Bowl Hosts Official Toys for Tots Holiday Toy Drive
- Xometry Supplies Adds Plastics to Materials Offering
- Caring for Aging Parents: How to Keep Expenses Low
- Process Technology adds Continuous Improvement Manager
- Do you get Streaky Windshield?
- Felinton Elder Law & Estate Planning Centers Founder, Mindy Felinton Discusses Pet Trusts
- E. Lawrence, Ltd. offers a fresh take on real estate closing gifts
- Apex's First Escape Room to Celebrate the Grand Opening of its Newest Room
- FileCatalyst to Showcase Entire Solution Suite at Denver Colorado's SC19
- The Car That is Ideal For Many Lifestyles: Used Ford Escape