Popular on eTradeWire
- The Tomball Art League Fall 2023 LIVE Show & Sale, October 19-21
- Zion AI: The First African American led AI project
- SecureMaine inaugural conference is October 5 at The Point in South Portland, Maine
- Your Gardening Writing Skills Are Needed!
- The OCCDL Law Recognizes Snell & Wilmer as a 2023 Top Legal Organization for DEI
- The Schmidt Boca Raton History Museum to Host Four Fascinating & Fun Events in September
- Battery Pollution Technologies Closes Capital Raising & Announces Progress Of Various Initiatives
- Real Estate Mogul Richard Crenian Provides Insight on Current Market Trends & the Viability of Real
- Private Offices, Virtual Offices & Meeting Room in Calgary Alberta
- Yours Humanly Break a Sweat for Education 5K Run, Heather Farm Park
Similar on eTradeWire
- Religious leaders without religion: How Chaplains tend to patients' needs?
- Antisemitism on Elon Musk's X is dredging up many ancient, defamatory themes of blaming Jews
- Americans do talk about peace − just not the same way people do in other countries
- Social Justice Leader Mom Seeks Celebrity Involvement in Correcting Sentencing Brutality in Miami
- Is The Historical Bloodline Of Yeshua Bar Miriam A Joke: Hollywood Says Yes!
- Is The Film "Creator" Based On A Future That Will Soon Be Upon Us: Starring- John David Washington
- Introducing "Aliens Among Us: Are Extraterrestrials Quietly Inhabiting Earth?"
- Unprecedented Veteran with Service Dog Explores 2024 Presidency
- Beyonce and Rihanna Friendship: Is It A Populaty Battle?
Since European expansion into the Americas, white people have demonized Black people and portrayed them as undesirable, violent and hypersexual. Originally, the intent of this demonization was to legitimize the conquest and sale of African people.
One consequence of this negative portrayal has been the documented psychological impact on Black people themselves. It includes self-hatred, internalized racism and an erosion of Black consciousness within the Black community.
During the 1960s, Martin Luther King Jr. recognized the consequences of racist stereotypes and tried to change the language and symbols of racism.
"Somebody told a lie one day," King said. "They couched it in language. They made everything black ugly and evil. Look in your dictionaries and see the synonyms of the word black. It's always something degrading and low and sinister. Look at the word white and it's always something pure. …"
More on eTradeWire News
- From Public Sector to Private Practice
- Live and Let Live Foundation Presents 'Comedy and Music for Freedom and Peace' Fundraiser in Mesa, AZ
- Knobull Makes Sure That Job Seekers Stand Out In The Crowded Market
- Exploring Midlife Changes: Perimenopause, Menopause, and Andropause
- Embracing Menopause At Work Workshop:
Though King longed for the day when the word "black" would be associated with beauty, Black people are still coping with feelings of alienation as a result of what is known as racialized trauma, the emotional impact of racism, racial discrimination and violence on mostly Black people.
I am a psychologist and professor of counseling. In our 2022 peer-reviewed article, mental health counselor Janeé M. Steele and I detail the mental injuries caused by encounters with racial bias, hostility, discrimination and harassment.
More important, our research has shown that healing from racialized trauma can help reduce the negative impacts of racism and provide the emotional resources necessary to challenge racial injustices.
News You Can Trust
- MadeSelfish_Co Launches: A Fashion Revolution for the Self-Expressed Generation
- Boston Area Oom Yung Doe Martial Arts Schools Host the Master Level Teaching Team
- Woman-Owned Technology Studio in Austin Celebrates Milestone With Initiative to Empower Girls
- CONFAST Concrete Screws, Uses & Important Concrete Screws, Uses & Important Information
- Matcha Design Takes Home Gold Summit International Award
- The contents of The Briars, an historic estate home in Natchez, Miss., will be sold on-site, Oct. 7
- Colliers finalizes ±166,250 square foot lease at Airtex Commerce Center in Houston
- ARC Group Medical Announces New Chief Operating Officer
- Historic Weekend at Holman United Methodist Church
- Clancy of Dasti & Staiger Offers Guidance on Estate Planning
- HedgeHog Health to Showcase Innovative Hoglet Fidget Mouse and Fidget Keychain at Toy Fair 2023
- Alpha Content Company Completes Rebranding to Reflect New Content Marketing Services
- His Glory to Livestream All Upcoming Donald Trump Rallies
- Patrick O'Neil Media Network Inc. announces Breaking News Services and Links to Bargains on its site
- SalusCare partners with FISH of Sanibel-Captiva to provide mental health services
- Surgical Healing Arts founder Dr. Moses Shieh receives cosmetic surgery certification
- Dialogue with Three Chords continues their serialized play A Brooklyn Arcanum at Industry City
- Curtis of Moore Square Raleigh, NC
- Twinkl Community Collection Initiative
- Engel & Völkers Tampa Downtown Welcomes Royce Williams