Popular on eTradeWire
- USA Today Best-Seller, Jean Rabe, To Release Book Four of The Piper Blackwell Series 245
- Impact Web Solutions Celebrates 21 Years in Business 206
- Garage Doors Offers to Fight Global Pandemic 190
- Les Franklin Protege Of Little Richard Releases New Single 179
- Engineering News-Record MidAtlantic Names Clark Nexsen Design Firm of the Year 172
- Executive Producers Kelsey Grammer and Tom Russo Present Messina Captor Films' "The Salon" Digital Series for 2020 Emmy® Award Consideration 151
- Amazon's Top 4th of July Weekend Longevity Book: Get Free Access to Related Videos 122
- Heated Armor Plans To Take Over the Heated Clothing Industry 107
- Presidential Candidate Dr. Valerie McCray Understands the Soul of America
- QURECA launches the first Quantum training & recruitment platform
Similar on eTradeWire
- Premier Family Vision Care Shares with Chicagoland Chats How They Are Keeping Patient Safe During Phase 4 Reopening
- New Free Virtual CME Events Added for July
- Ocean ENT is offering expanded office hours!
- Gabrielle Teare Expands Medical Concierge Business
- "Secret Shopper" Patients Improve Medical Care, Documentation, and Spending
- OTCWagon Issues Additional Update on: Therma Bright, Inc. (THRM)
- Quigley Eye Specialists Acquires Optometry Practice
- Intermountain Healthcare Implements DeepThink Health's Precision Intelligence Solutions to Manage its Molecular Tumor Board
- Bay Area Health Provider Partners with Medicom Health to Lower Medication Cost for Patients
- HUGE Announcement: Therma Bright, Inc. (THRM)
Post-Pandemic Dental Visits Get Safer as Dr. Mitchell Josephs Pioneers Use of Extra-Oral Suction Technology in His Palm Beach Office
Extra-Oral Suction Units remove 99.9% of aerosolized droplets of saliva, blood and other fluids, which can be emitted from a patient's mouth during a routine dental treatment. The units are part of a recent $10,000-plus investment that Dr. Josephs has made in his Palm Beach office that allow him to better protect his staff and patients from unnecessary risks of COVID-19 infection.
More on eTradeWire News
- ForexSwingers' Algorithm-Based Forex Signals are Changing the Forex Signals Market
- TRENIQUES: Be Yourself: Kyree Moore
- 3 of the Most Popular Barter Exchange Networks
- TVS Tally Ho Network Brings British TV Classics to TVS TV Networks.Com Post Cable Streaming Service
- Private Placement Markets To Grow Its Investor Relations Division To Include Start-ups
"Although there has not been any proof of transmission of the Coronavirus in a dental office, our Palm Beach practice is always looking for way to increase the protection of our staff and patients," said Dr. Josephs. "While we are one of the first in the country to offer the extra-oral suction, I believe you will start to see this technology implementedat more offices in the near future, as dentists make greater investments in patient and staff safety."
Here is how the Extra-Oral Suction Device works:
- During treatment, doctors and hygienists utilize ultrasonic scalers, syringes and high/low speed hand-pieces – all of which generate a large amount of water and mist, which combined with saliva, blood and other tissue, produce aerosols.
- The extra-oral suction, which resembles the end of a vacuum cleaner with a clear funnel shaped attachment positioned just outside the mouth, removes these aerosols to prevent them passing between doctors and patients.
- With strong suction vacuum pressure and high air suction flow rate, the aerosol droplets between the doctor, or staff member, and the patient is sucked into the machine through the adjustable positioning arm.
- The aerosol is then decontaminated as it goes through a four-stage filtration and disinfection process, including an initial HEPA filter, UVC Light Chamber, Plasma Generator and Large HEPA-13 filter. Ultimately, the droplets are discharged from the machine after thorough purification.
- Having the extra-oral suction unit in place keeps dental appointments efficient, lowers the risk of splatter and will allow the dental hygienist to use the ultrasonic scaler in addition to hand scaling, resulting in better stain and tartar removal - the direct cause of periodontal disease and bad breath.
More on eTradeWire News
- Derek Easdon Named Vice President At Annuity Agents Alliance
- 9 Reasons To Secure A Second Passport
- Trump visit to Atlanta focuses on I-75 South expansion
- Love and Hip Hop Atlanta Reality Star Momma Dee interviews with Horse El Caballo Wren on Street Fame Podcast sends Powerful message to Donald Trump
- Covid-19 Distance Learning Opens Door for Remedial Services to Students with ADHD
- How To Find The Top Hair Websites Online?
- Pulse Arena Charity Invitational
- Romance Blossoms in Quarantine: Julie Kavanagh's "Love in Isolation"
- This Sunday: Express-News Launches SA Inc
- Gghtx, Co-founder Avi Kerendian Receives $5,000 Grant For Global Health Education
- Help-A-Reporter-Out (HARO) Founder, Peter Shankman, Talks Risk-Taking on "Confidence Connection"
- John Rivers Brings Retirement And Income Radio To Boca Raton
- Functional Medicine Doctor Flips the Script on Anxiety
- How Weight Stigma Benefits Social Policy Makers
- Community Cooperative has an immediate need for Meals on Wheels delivery drivers
- myGEKOgear Releases the Smart Hardwire Kit to Easily Have your Dash Cam Connected 24/7
- Drive Up and Grab a Bag of School Supplies
- Just for you… the best summer fun is online now! Outer Banks Squared - The Art Show
- Functional Medicine Doctor Flips Script on Anxiety
- Panel Built, Inc. Offers In-Stock Guard Booths for Quick Security Solutions
- Be Careful Stating Your Income For Health Insurance Subsidy
- Author's new book earns literary accolade
- John Canning & Co. Earns 2020 Preservation Connecticut Award of Merit - For Mark Twain House Museum
- Crafts N Chisel: Boutique for Authentic Indian Handicrafts Home Decor
- John Canning & Co. Earns 2020 Preservation Connecticut Award of Merit -First Congregational Church