Popular on eTradeWire
- USA Today Best-Seller, Jean Rabe, To Release Book Four of The Piper Blackwell Series 199
- Post Covid-19 Back 2 Business Documentary Series To Share Creative and Innovative Solutions to Reopening Economies 172
- Garage Doors Offers to Fight Global Pandemic 156
- Les Franklin Protege Of Little Richard Releases New Single 146
- League of Women Voters of PBC Invites Public to 'Hot Topic' Zoom Chat on Affordable Housing 139
- Impact Web Solutions Celebrates 21 Years in Business 133
- Cole Skincare for Men Launches Black Men Matter Campaign Celebrating Black Fathers Around the Globe 123
- Executive Producers Kelsey Grammer and Tom Russo Present Messina Captor Films' "The Salon" Digital Series for 2020 Emmy® Award Consideration 117
- Engineering News-Record MidAtlantic Names Clark Nexsen Design Firm of the Year 106
- Heated Armor Plans To Take Over the Heated Clothing Industry
Similar on eTradeWire
- Fourth of July & Fireworks: Calming Strategies to Keep Your Dog Safe Johnna Devereaux C.P.N
- Pet Life Radio Unleashes "Rappaport to the Rescue"
- Pet Professional Guild Appoints Social Media Coordinator
- Sit, Stay, Lie Down and Watch This!
- Improve Your Pet's Gut Health at Home with AnimalBiome
- This June, thousands will discover what Life in the Doghouse is really like
- Bow Wow Labs, Inc. Welcomes Brad Allen to Their Team
- Keep Your Dog Busy, Happy & Safe with Bully Buddy this 4th of July!
- Virginia Company Turns Dog Apparel Into Masks to Prevent COVID-19
- Protect Them All Announces New Scholarship Offerings
Pet Professional Guild Joins Six Leading Organizations to Support UK Dog Behaviour and Training Charter
The Charter evolved of a recognition by the founding industry bodies (comprising PPG, the COAPE Association of Pet Behaviourists and Trainers, International Canine Behaviourists (ICB), the Institute of Modern Dog Trainers (IMDT), the Association of INTODogs, the UK College of Scent Dogs, and the Victoria Stilwell Academy for Dog Training and Behaviour) of the need for a collaborative approach to the challenges that lie ahead for the industry, including regulation, canine welfare, and support of individual practitioners.
By setting out common values of welfare and professional conduct, the Charter aims to provide assurance to the public, other professional bodies, and government agencies that signatory organizations are committed to transparent complaints and grievance procedures that can be supported by independent arbitration if needed. As such, signatory organizations have agreed on a set of minimum standards of animal welfare and professional conduct to ensure practitioners use the most up-to-date and humane methodologies and tools. These include publicly pledging "not to endorse correction-based remote training devices or aversive stimuli that work through eliciting a withdraw reflex/response and/or an alarm reaction, and/or that cause pain and/or fear" (including shock collars, citronella collars, anti-bark collars, choke chains and prong collars). These stipulations must be referenced in the organization's code of practice with clear guidance to members. To help provide assurance and accountability to the public and other bodies, members of Charter organizations will be able to display the Charter symbol to show they have been checked, and are monitored and supported by a reputable organization, and have aligned themselves to the ethical, welfare and conduct obligations stated in the Charter.
More on eTradeWire News
- "Three Best Rated" Names Palmer a Top 3 Advertising Agency in San Francisco
- Art Persists: Barebrush July 2020 Calendar Images
- TVS Consumer Direct.Com Established For Six Channel Home Shopping Bundle for TVS TV Networks.Com
- Citadel Roofing & Solar Introduces Home Generator Products
- Women of Color STEM Conference Announces 2020 Winners
Since its inception in 2012, PPG has attracted and retained members who are committed to the pet's welfare and consider this to be their top priority at all times. PPG members pledge to focus on the implementation and practice of a holistic, "force-free" approach to pet training and care by attending to the physical, emotional and environmental well-being of every animal in their care, founded specifically on the principle of doing no harm given that there are perfectly humane and positive alternatives that are not packaged with problematic emotional consequences such as fear, anxiety and pain. An essential part of this force-free philosophy is to avoid any training methods or equipment that are aversive and/or punitive and that work by inflicting pain, force or fear. PPG members understand this to mean that any equipment and/or methods involving the use of shock, pain, choke, pain, force or fear are never employed to train or care for any pet under their charge.
"PPG's key goal is to drive and bring about change in the pet services industry, specifically the fields of training, behavior consulting and pet care," said PPG president Niki Tudge. "This sought-after change promotes scientific, humane and positive reinforcement-based methods and skill application in order to reach training, behavior modification, and pet care goals for both pets and their owners.
"To enact, promote and manage this scope of change, PPG needs to be at the forefront of shaping the industry. This means, as an organization, it must help guide, manage and, when necessary, reinforce small approximations of cultural shifts, behavior change or attitude adjustments towards the end goal when organizations, associations and individuals who are operating within the industry present them. By aligning with like-minded professional bodies under the UK Dog Behaviour and Training Charter, PPG has great confidence that both pets and their guardians can now look forward to greater transparency from the professionals they elect to work with while remaining assured that their pet's welfare will always be the top priority. The strong and visionary foundation brought about by this unified approach is sure to be a positive force in the United Kingdom as the pet industry evolves, and one which may, in time, inspire other countries to follow."
More on eTradeWire News
- TSVC Ltd Offers The Safest Way To Transport Luxury Cars
- Credit Union HealthScore Decline First Since 2013
- Lutheran Services Carolinas and Kintegra Health join PACE of the Southern Piedmont
- America's Boating Channel Celebrates Boating Safety
- EzPaycheck 2020 Payroll Software Is Flexible Enough to Accommodate Healthcare Establishments
About the Pet Professional Guild
The Pet Professional Guild is a 501(c)6 member organization founded on the principles of force-free training and pet care with Chapters in the UK and Australia. Its membership represents pet industry professionals who are committed to force-free training, pet care philosophies, practices and methods. Pet Professional Guild members understand force-free to mean: no shock, no pain, no choke, no pain, no fear, no force are employed to train or care for a pet.
About the UK Dog Behaviour and Training Charter
The UK Dog Behaviour and Training Charter aims to make a clear statement regarding the future direction of the dog behavior and training industry in relation to professional standards, tools and methodologies. The welfare of the dogs lies at the heart of its mandate, making clear representation as to what is, and is not, acceptable in a modern, progressive profession. It also seeks to provide assurance to the public, other professional bodies, and government agencies that signatory organizations are committed to open, transparent and robust complaints and grievances procedures that can be supported by independent arbitration if needed.
- Start a Chat with Your Phone's Camera
- Medicare No Cost Advantage and Supplement Reviews – MedicareInfoUSA
- The Playdate Dilemma Many Face
- Car Finance Deals Celebrates Its 2nd Birthday And £3 Million Financed Transactions
- Fallen Oklahoma police sergeant to be honored with apparel fundraiser for his family
- Devpal Gupta announces the release of Power of One
- James J. Hoover named to Advisory Board of WomenSV, a nonprofit serving survivors of domestic abuse
- Assuage Luxury Spa Offers "Heroes in Healthcare" Special Package in July
- Steven Sitkowski from the Market Mastery Group Releases Technical Analysis Video Series
- Metl-Span insulated metal panels chosen for campus renovation because colors, profiles match up well
- Improving Parenting Skills Today
- Bilingual Montessori Preschool Is Open Using Social Distance Learning
- PALZEWICZ Knows He MUST Win This Fall
- Custom Ink Author's Showcase Part I and Part II
- AUA College of Medicine Launches International Track for UK Medical Students
- Personal Hygiene Tips for Kids
- Interviewed by Winn Claybaugh, Charlie Engle's recovery from addiction led to ultra-endurance career
- How to maintain your car during lockdown
- CMC Group Inc. Announces Senior Leadership Transition
- Grizzly Bear Foundation launches podcast series, "GrizzCast"