Popular on eTradeWire
- Ismail Sirdah on How to Enhance Your Marketing Efforts - 161
- Rising Attention on Trauma Recovery Highlighted by Slew of New Products Designed for Mental Health Support - 154
- Central Park Resale (CPR) Brings Consignment, Resale and Thrift Store to Central Park West Community; Location is First Resale Store in CPW Community - 108
- GSP International Airport integrates a new enterprise operations platform offered by Aerosimple - 102
- What to do when someone dies in your family?
- FIXED OPS DIGITAL Announces New Drive Service SPECIALS Product
- David A. Fiensy Releases New Book - The Journey: Spiritual Growth in Galatians and Philippians
- FREE ROKU Channel From ProPics Canada Media Going Live Around the World
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring David Gorsulowsky, MD
- Zupervise selected to work in partnership with Facebook Startup Programs
Similar on eTradeWire
- Detroit's Jackets for Jobs Turns the Tide on the 'Big Quit' and Toxic Workplaces Winning Best Place to Work 4 Years in A Row
- Best Halloween 2021 Deals With Nadula Hair Wigs–Nadula.com
- Michael Reza Signs With CelebrityPress® To Co-Author "Cracking the Success Code Vol 2"
- $SNE Token Sale Goes Live: Here's What You Need to Know About the Upcoming StrongNode.io IDO Launch
- Dr. Cheryl Wood Signs With CelebrityPress® To Co-Author "Cracking the Success Code Vol 2"
- Activision and Electronic Arts Marketing Executive Kimberly Salzer Steps in as VP for Global Marketing of StrongNode.io
- Lelani Craig Speaks at UVU Silicon Slopes Lecture Series
- RAIN Group Releases Free Toolkit to Help Sellers Master Sales Negotiations
- ITEN & Lindenwood University Hosts Women's Entrepreneurship Week 2021
- Gary Woolman Signs With CelebrityPress® To Co-Author "Cracking the Success Code" Vol 2
Jacobson proved all the doctors wrong. It took a while, and it wasn't easy. The doctors took their best shot during his formative years. It wasn't until his mid-teens that he took matters into his own hands.
"It was way before the Americans with Disabilities Act came into effect. I started seeing several things I couldn't do. I decided that something had to change. I adopted a crash and burn attitude. I was going to put everything I had into getting out of the wheelchair. If I didn't succeed, there would be nothing left for me to try."
Thus began a painful journey of pushing the envelope and self-discovery. It was a journey that took him through a four-year commitment to experimental surgeries. He learned how to walk, from step one, seven times. He also dealt with the suicidal death of a girlfriend and his parents dying within two weeks of each other... all before he was 35 years old.
More on eTradeWire News
- Wiley's Diversity in Tech Webinar Series Presents "Supporting Neurodiverse Talent in Tech"
- What happens if I cancel my Spirit Airlines flight
- How Much is Seat Selection on EVA Air?
- Charlotte Street To Be Renamed In Honor Of Montford Point Marines
- Art is Better in the Dark On October 29!
"I truly believe that what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. I've seen a side of life that most people don't because they are moving through life so fast. Life has forced me to move slowly. It has taught me a lot about who I am and how much I can endure."
Jacobson will be speaking to organizations, businesses and small groups. His talks are not based on book learning and lectures. They are based on real world experiences and a genuine affinity for his audience.
"I'm not a psychiatrist or a psychologist. I don't even play one on television," he jokes. "I just enjoy talking to people about how they can learn from adversity. Instead of being a messenger of despair, adversity can be a tool for growth. In my talks, I use real life and relatable moments from my own life, as examples.
"My talks are interactive, upbeat, enlightening, and generously sprinkled with humor. Audiences leave feeling hopeful and empowered. In these uncertain times, isn't that what we all need?"
Jacobson is a book author, magazine feature writer and technology geek. His current book series is TheYearOfMyLifeVR.com. He describes the series as a Continuum book series because when the book ends, the story doesn't.
Mark I. Jacobson
- International Academy Awards for Latino Podcasting present the Latin Podcast Awards Winners
- Datamoto Celebrates #1 rated Inventory Management Software for Small and Medium Sized Business
- The Best Restaurant Grease Trap Cleaning Service In Los Angeles
- Horticulture And The Three Gift Tradition
- Hillsborough Gallery of Arts Previews Orange County Artists Guild Studio Tour
- Memoir by African American Trailblazer in the Arts, Policy, Politics and Diplomacy
- Nalu Medical MVA 2021 Winner Best MedTech Company & Medical Device in the Field of Neurology
- XACT Robotics® MVA Winner Best MedTech Robotic Company in the Field of Minimal Access Surgery (Ra
- TVS Classic Sports Network Adds 1978 Cosmos vs. Rowdies Soccer Bowl to WatchYour.TV Powered by Tulix
- New Program Helps Small Business Owners Overcome the Hurdle of Building Business Credit
- Luteinizing Hormone from human pituitary gland
- FABP1 Protein Human (High Purity)
- War Is My Business: September 2021
- Consumer Staples Announces Strategic Acquisition
- Consumer Staples Announces Harry McCue As New Chief Executive Officer
- Recruiting Sitters of All Types
- Visionary Dance Theatre presents "Breathe"
- IntriEnergy™ invites investors to help change the solar equation
- MVA Selects Thinklabs One Digital Stethoscope as 2021 Winner of the Best MedT
- SS Innovations MVA 2021 winner Best MedTech Robotic Company in the Field of of Minimal Access